Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Brava - first nightly experience!

first nightly experience!
November 28 2007 at 5:08 PM jodi (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey girls,
last night, i had my first time! lol. it was not soooo bad, but i had a couple issues. first of all, the right dome was hurting the skin right in from my right armpit. like it was too far over or something. so in the middle of the night, i moved it more toward the center and it helped for a little bit, but then after about an hour it was hurting there again. i felt the dome there and it felt like the silicone was mostly sucked into the dome. i know i gotta curl out the silicone when i put them on, but HOW THE HECK DO U DO THAT? i tried and mine will only curl out on the sides where i'm grasping them, not all the way around them. is there a special technique to this? lol. then, they felt like they were crawling up my chest. by the time i took them off after 6 hours, they were up by my collar bone! what's up with that? i thought i had them down 1 1/2 inches below my boob crease...do they move in the night? so, around 4am, i broke down and took them off and chucked this one up as a practice night! so, i'll try again tonight with all you lovely ladies great suggestions.

also, i really couldn't get comfy with sleeping on my back, even with the 41 pillows! so, i was trying to sneak and sleep half on back and half on side and i didn't break the seal, but it was only because of my right armpit hurting that i couldn't stay in that position. thank God i didn't have to work today...i just woke up at 11am!

also, i noticed when i took them off after 6 hours, there was very little to no swelling. i didn't expect a lot, but thought 6 hours would do SOMETHING. do you all see any swelling after only 6 hours?

oh! and one more thing....could u tell me your morning routines with the brava? like do you wash the domes in the morning and then leave them to dry in the rack adn put them in the box? it seems them in the box, they wont dry, but the instructions say to put them in the box so they have a lid and so lint or particles can get on them. also, do you dry clean out the sportbox every morning and for how long? i know a lot of you don't use the sportbox, but for those of you who do. it seems this would kill the battery in no time. is it really necessary to do that everyday??

ok, so that's it...i promise.

thanks again ladies
jodi

Author Reply
dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: first nightly experience! November 28 2007, 11:57 PM

hello! im in my first week, so not an experienced brava user, but i have the same problem of silicone riding up into the dome. i hold onto it while i suck, and then let go once i've attained enough suction. But even then the silicone might ride in and then i usually start over cuz if i try to curl it out i just lose suction. FOR SLEEPIN!: i usualy have no problems sleeping on my back, but if i do get restless i sleep on my side, copletely, with no aid of pillows for either side, and have not lost suction. I make sure to wear the bra when i do this though, and make sure you have enough suction cuz then you might feel the domes down. if this happens you can put a pillow under the dome and it helps. good luck!

Edit Message Delete Message

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: first nightly experience! November 29 2007, 12:36 AM

Also, it's a good thing you didn't go the entire night with Brava. You're actually supposed to work up to 10+ hours in increments. Start with just 3 hours, then 5, 6, 8, etc.

I jumped right into longer hours and got a horrible rash, so be careful!

Louise
(no login) Re: first nightly experience! November 29 2007, 12:37 AM

I was told to dry clean the sportbox for at least 10 mins every morning but only used it for 5 weeks.

I used to religiously clean the domes every day but could never do it in the morning as would have to do it downstairs and didn't want to be seen so I used do it in the evening then wipe them dry with kitchen roll on the hard plastic part and wipe the worst of the water off the silicone with my hands. Now I only wash them approx every 3 days and having no problems as the sticky has now gone so they don't attract fluff. I've always stored them in the box in case the cat got them!

I only slept 1-2 hours per night the whole first week and was working in the days so felt like I was going mad. Eventually slept with no pillow under my head, one at either sidfe so I can't roll over and 3-4 under my knees so my legs were bent in to a sitting position (the first couple of weeks you'll probably get back pain too, but this position helps a bit). Then after a while I was able to sleep half sitting up with a lot of pillows behind me, one either side and none under the legs, now I have one either side and two behind me and I sleep half on one side and half on my back. I can also sleep on my front if I fold one pillow in half to make double thickness and put just beneath the domes then put about 3 under my face and stick the domes down the gap in between - this is also good if your shoulders get hunched and achey. Sleeping on the sofa or a recliner might be easier. You'll work something out - keep at it, and build up the wear time slowly. I got a little bit of swelling after my 3 hour trial session but didn't get big swelling for about 6 weeks so don't worry. You'll know if you lost the seal in the night and spoilt your session as the domes will actually be loose or fallen off.

Louise
(no login) Re: first nightly experience! November 29 2007, 12:54 AM

Ok your other questions about the silicone pads - yes, they did used to feel like they were creeping up my body. After a few weeks the domes adapt a bit more to your body shape and you are less aware of them. Most of the problems with them fitting can be improved by attaching the tubing to the domes, use a lot of dome prep and don't let it dry (so your boobs slide in more easily). Put both domes on at once (left hand for left boob) and press quite hard so everything's in there. I find it easier to bring the domes toward the boobs from the outside gathering tissue and pushing onto the chest until you get to the cleavage area. Reach across your chest with your right hand and hold the right dome on with your forearm and left dome with your right hand. You now have the left hand free to put the other end of the tubing in your mouth - suck until the domes stay on and you can let go. Now fold the tubing double so no air escapes while you attach the box. The box will only run for a few seconds if at all as you have already sucked the air out, although it may suck more later to keep the pressure up. This allows you to get the domes on, get your hands free and go and do something else in about 30 seconds without waiting the full 10mins for the box. If you then want to put the bra on you can do or you can put it on before the domes, do it up then take your arms out and slide it down a bit so when the domes are in place you only have to slip the shoulder straps on. I prefer to wear a tight zip-up sweatshirt but just wear pjs most of the time at home and today was the first time one has fallen off for months (I was in a funny position reaching for something).

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: first nightly experience! November 29 2007, 1:05 PM

My routine is pretty boring and basic. I also feel like the domes move and end up by my collarbone, but I'm used to it now. I think as they're pulling against your chest they grip against you and the silcone expands and rises up. I also have some trouble at the armpit crease on left side but have pretty much solved that by pointing my elbows out at the sides after the domes are in place and then sticking the domes back down before I try to get a seal with the sportbox so that it's not pinching any skin when I move my arms. I used the Brava Orientation Checklist that was emailed to me when I bought the system. My domes are still tacky and the sportbox is still working perfectly. Between talking with the coaches, and using the orientation checklist and Brava customer support, here's what I do that works for me. Luckily I've never had a rash or skin problems except for that pinching and irritation near my left armpit area.

I use the skin prep wipes (a pack of 50 is $14 from American Diabetes Wholesale). I ordered 4 boxes from their website and with shipping it was about $60. That should last me the whole time.

I use baby shampoo or plain ivory bar soap to wash my chest BEFORE applying domes.

I use a moisturizing body wash AFTER removing domes

I use Eucerin Calming Creme after removing domes.

I use Brava Antiseptic Dome Cleanser (This is the only item I buy direct from Brava and buy 2 - 3 bottles at a time since shipping is $10. This should last me the whole time.

Applying domes:
1. Wash chest and armpit area with baby shampoo, dry thoroughly
2. Apply skin prep wipes around each breast where domes adhere, allow to dry 10 minutes
3. Leave bra with velcro straps closed and bra unzipped hanging around waist
4. Place bottom outer edge of each dome 1 1/2" below breast crease and then flare out silicone all the way around
5. Attach tubes to ports
6. Adjust domes at armpit area for comfort
7. Attach sportbox with filter and turn on
8. Lightly press against sides of silcone near ribs so no air escapes
9. Press domes against you lightly (too much pressure will force air into sportbox and damage it) while running hands along side where air may escape
10. Once sportbox shuts off, pull unzipped bra up over domes and zip

Sleeping:
Under head - standard or travel pillow
Under each arm from shoulder to elbows - a small travel pillow placed long ways (I sleep with elbows bent and pointing out to sides for less irritation at armpit area
Under each leg from below butt to knees a standard pillow placed long ways

Removing domes and cleaning:
1. Turn off sportbox - domes should begin releasing from chest
2. Remove tubes and wash domes with just warm water by lightly rubbing fingers over silicone rims under running water. Rinse entire dome inside and out.
3. Place dome in rack and throughly spray with Antiseptic dome cleanser. Allow to sit in rack for 15 minutes
4. After 15 minutes, rinse throughly, shake dry, and place back in racks in box (box has holes to allow to dry)

Skin care after dome removal:
1. Wash chest with a moisturizing body wash (not perfumed)
2. Apply lotion to chest area
3. If wearing a bra, make sure it doesn't compress your breasts

Dry clean sportbox at least an hour

I hope this helps. Of course, everyone has variations that work for them and Louise has quite a bit of experience and ideas.

jodi
(no login) thanks! November 29 2007, 10:29 PM

hey thanks ladies for all the advice/tips. i'm gonna try them out tonight again. i only did 3 hours last night. i accidentally somehow rolled or something and they ended up real far up my chest and i couldn't get comfy after that...so i had to take them off. cuz it was hurting. i'm gonna try again tonight.

brava arrived in the mail!!!! 1rst day!
October 22 2007 at 8:59 AM dandelion (Login dandelion1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so i received my brava today from boticelli (really fast shipping -10 days and I'm in Australia). I put it on.....and I have no idea how much suction is too much!!! do i just keep sucking the air out with my breath until I cant suck out any more??????????

Second question : I keep losing pressure! The pressure lasts for like 2 minutes and then I feel it going down.........hmmmmm.......

I think I read somewhere on this forum that more pressure isnt necessarily good - all it does it wear out the domes quicker........ I dunno i thought I had this all figured out and then I receive it and I'm completely lost.... anyone?

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: brava arrived in the mail!!!! 1rst day! October 22 2007, 11:41 AM

Welcome to the Brava club!

What is your underbust measurement breathing out as much as possible (i.e. minimum measurement) and what bra size are you? What size domes have you got?

I'm assuming the airlock you've got has some sort of T shape tubing so you have one tube to each dome and then a third tube to suck? If that's the case (as it is with mine) I find it easiest to do all the skin prep stuff, and technically you should wait 5-10 mins for it to dry but I never bothered, then pick up the domes with all the tubing attached and put the airlock in your mouth. Looking in the mirror and leaning forwards slightly bring the domes from the armpit sides, press the outer edge to the skin and pull into the middle and press down - this is best done with right hand for right breast and left for left simultaneously. You should now be pressing both domes on with your hands so they're sealed, then suck the air out until it feels like it's pulling. Continue to suck and stop if it becomes uncomfortable or the rubber edge starts to turn in. If the rubber turns in, release a bit of air, stick you fingers underneath and flare the rubber outwards before sucking more. When you're just starting don't suck too hard or wear too long or you'll get a rash. You've sucked enough when you can lean forwards for a moment without them dropping off.

Now put the bra on (some people find it easier to put the bra on first then open slightly at the top, slip out of the shoulder straps and leave it round the waist, then it can just be pulled up).

First session, wear it for 3 hours then leave it off until the next day - you may see a small amount of swelling but the main thing is to build up wear slowly to avoid skin trouble, 3,5,7,9,11 hours per night then you can do full sessions.

It's normal to feel claustrophobic and like it's pressing on your chest. It's also normal as you wear for longer that you get more swelling, which means there is less room for air in the domes and the pulling force reduces so suck a bit more out to maintain tension. I noticed much bigger swelling after about 6 weeks so don't be discouraged if you're not huge straight away. If you get a hickey mark around the boobs you're sucking too much too soon, sucking more throughout the session should avoid this. It's normal for the boobs to go red, but it shouldn't hurt and don't think mine turn purple so don't overdo it!

Have a look at some old posts about opening the right dome outlet as for some reason everyone has noticed the right dome sucks less than the left. Also have a look for skin care tips. In general I would say don't wash / shower before putting them on unless your skin's really greasy (washing is good for the domes but not your skin) and then wash with water (no soap) when you take them off before applying whatever moisturiser you normally use. I followed advice and totally changed my skincare and it really made me itchy to went back to my normal stuff and it's been a lot better.

Good luck and let us know how you get on x

p.s. try to start a program page with initial measurements and hours each week and don't forget to take initial pics even if you keep them to yourself, I've just taken a new set and you can tell the difference!

shaya
(no login) Re: brava arrived in the mail!!!! 1rst day! October 23 2007, 12:17 AM

Today is my 2nd day. I did it for 8 hr last night and I am felling hurt on the right under arm. Is anyone had this experienced???

Louise
(no login) Re: brava arrived in the mail!!!! 1rst day! October 23 2007, 7:30 AM

I felt it hurting with domes on but only got a small patch in the cleavage area that's had too much pressure from the rim and that sometimes hurts with the domes off if I overdo it - only got that around the 12 week mark. You really should build up the wear time slowly, I din't and had to leave it off for almost a week because the skin got bery itchy and irritated.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: brava arrived in the mail!!!! 1rst day! October 23 2007, 8:42 AM

Thanks for the response Louise! yeah the first day I only did an hour but probably suched too hard and got a rash right away that has lasted till today.......I have taken pictures in the past, they are probably in my email somewhere.. as for my measurement I am currently barely an A, prob. AA but I wear A-34 when the bras are lined but i have absolutely no cleavage. I measure 32.5 across. I got the wide-large domes because from I read on this forum people tend to outgrow them at some point and need to buy more . I'm going to try and complete this program using only one set of domes.

I have one problem tho...I am going backpacking first week of december which means I'll only be able to complete 5 full weeks for now.....I do not want to interrupt my program but I don't know if I'll be able to wear this system when I'm backpacking - has anyone done this??? I will be staying in youth hostels (Im still a student lol!) , possibly some beach sleeping.... the great thing about the airlocks is that its completely silent. I'm only travelling with one other person so i was thinking maybe just waiting till that person falls asleep and then put them on? i dunno how I'll pull it off...........

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: brava arrived in the mail!!!! 1rst day! October 23 2007, 8:43 AM

oh..and the brava arrived all right but the products it came with spilled all over the package..i have the dome cleanser and skin moisterizer but not the body wash (and it didnt even come with skin prep). I read on this forum some use baby shampoo to cleanse the domes? is this everyday (wouldnt this affect the tackiness?)

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: brava arrived in the mail!!!! 1rst day! October 23 2007, 1:43 PM

That's really awesome you're going backpacking! I've always wanted to do that... and just sleep wherever.

My advice would be to NOT wear the brava during your trip. Not just because it's going to be a huge hassle and probably won't work that well anyway (plus it's an extra thing you'll have to carry.... and you won't be able to hide it) But also because I think it will spoil a bit of your trip. You are young and going on an adventure! Have fun, let yourself grow spiritually and mindfully, don't worry about your breasts! Enjoy your life... Brava will be there when you get home. =)

You will probably lose most of what you gain in those 5 weeks on the trip... However it will probably be easier to gain again when you start with the Brava again. Who knows, come December you'll probably be dying for a break from Brava anyway. (I'm only on week 2 and I'm dying for one already! Though I'm going to wear it until March/April ughh).

Anyway good luck on your decision, I hope you don't mind me putting in my 2 cents.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: brava arrived in the mail!!!! 1rst day! October 23 2007, 9:46 PM

I would possibly consider telling the other person then you can wear them while walking and get the most out of it. Are you going somewhere hot? Personally I don't do 'roughing it'! I wear my domes a lot around the house and when I went to visit hubby in Hong Kong he really didn't like them so I wore them days instead of nights while he was at work. If you cover up in loose clothes you just look fat / pregnant though I have the narrow large which may be slightly smaller. The narrow XL I have just look like a deformity!! Somewhere hot might play your skin up. The skin prep is supposedly a must, I think it's a good idea as it creates a protective barrier for your skin but I've never used any of the other stuff, just wash domes with baby shampoo and skin with water (no soap) and use normal moisturisers. I used to wash domes religiously but now I do a couple of hours in the large so I can walk around in front of my parents with a blanket round me (mum knows about Brava as she has snooped but at least covering it a bit avoids her asking!!) then switch to the XL so I only wash every 1-3 days, doesn't seem to make any difference. You'll be glad when the sticky comes off - so much less itchy but they don't seal quite so well, doesn't matter unless you move around a lot then it makes a big fart noise! If you don't want to take for hols then work up slowly to maybe 18-20 hour days and stick with that until you go - see Diana1978 Brava program, she did long hours for 7 weeks and got about 1-2 inches (1 cup). Otherwise you may just want to pack it up until you come back to avoid the wear on the domes. If you use a smartbox don't forget to take the batteries out if you're not going to use for a while, and make sure the domes are in the box with the lid shut so they don't accumulate fluff.

Megan
(no login) Re: brava arrived in the mail!!!! 1rst day! October 24 2007, 2:20 PM

Personally I would NOT take Brava backpacking - such as hassle and could ruin your trip. I would enjoy your trip and get back to Brava when you have the uninterrupted time. I would also plan on "starting over" when you get back as you may loose any gains. Since you're a new user, it wouldn't hurt to keep wearing your Brava now just so that you are very comfortable with the whole system when you return. Good luck!

new with brava and have a few questions for the onces with experience
April 24 2007 at 11:10 PM Anonymous (Login Kiran07)

hello...i started brava today for the first time...gonna hop into bed soon and lets see how i sleep!

just wondering how u know whether the alarm is on or not, when u press the alarm button once and it beeps, does that mean the alarm is activated?

and also how do u ladies measure ur hours or wear, charts etc etc?

please help, thank u! Smile

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Logging wear time April 25 2007, 2:12 AM

I keep a log of the hours per day start stop time and do an avg wear every 5 days.

Currently at day 123 1798 total hours as of midnight tonight 14.62 hours per day avg. Only one day was less than 10 hours it was 8. No missed days since the start.
Started as a 38A barely, swell up to a 38D/DD. Depending on how long i wear the system after some of my 24 hour + days with 30 minute break after about 12-16 hours to clean everything they are really huge.

Managed with alot of extra suction to actually touch the insides of the xlarge/wide domes with one breast other dome collapsed on one side while trying.

I intend to wear the system for atleast 2100 hours which according to brava is 10 hours a day 10 weeks or 700 hours for the minimum. 3 times that gets me 2100 hours of wear. with a bit over double the number of weeks.

So 3 more weeks atleast in this at my current average per day wear time. or about 20.5 weeks in it. Then i will take a week or two off and see where i am at that point maybe. May just keep wearing it till i can touch the insides of both domes with just the smart box doing its job.

Tally so far. 1 pair wide/mediums totally worn out. 1 pair of wide/large totally worn out. 1 pair of xlarge/wide one dome silicone torn within 2 weeks of getting them off ebay.
New domes from brava 27 days into them.
$1900 so far from ebay buys and direct from brava.
But considering i have 4 cups sizes larger for most of the day after wearing. without surgery. I am very pleased.

Good luck with yours.

ScottishGal20
(Login ScottishGal20) Congrats April 25 2007, 6:42 PM

Firstly, well done for starting the Brava journey! In terms of logging hours of wear, i use the stopwatch on my mobile phone to record the hours every night....then i write the number of hours in my diary each day to keep track. I personally dont use the alarm buttom on the smartbox. If you loose suction, the buzzing of the smartbox wakes you up anyway, you dont really need an alarm. Also, when you put the domes on and your smartbox is settled - its a good idea to suck some more air out of the tube with your mouth and then re-attach it to the smartbox. This stops you loosing air during the night! Good luck! x

June 4 2007 at 2:54 PM Lucy (Login biggerbust)

Hey Girls, Just started the program. First night was horrible, second night removed the domes at 3:00 am, last night was much better. I can't seem to get the domes in exactly the right position. I usually get into the "gear" at 10:00 or so and by 3:00 am I wake up with pain under either the left or right armpit. Thank goodness not both at the same time. I did notice that I had one of the domes significantly lower than the other and the lower one was the the more comfortable.

I am a small B and am very happy with the swelling obtained after only 9 hours of wear for two nights. I am getting great swelling although I can't even begin to imagine filling out the wide-large domes. Brava says I will, but we'll see. It seems the swelling is lasting most of the day even though the website says it will go down in 3-4 hours. So, I'm thinking this is a good sign in terms of my responsiveness. I work long hours and it will be difficult for me to ever log more than 10 hours at a time. Maybe I'll be a quick responder!

So far, I am extremely pleased. Any tips for more comfort in the armpit area will be appreciated. Good luck to all.

Author Reply
lexy
(no login) my opinion... June 5 2007, 2:04 AM

... it happent to me too. for me it was all about position. if it hurts after a few hours i take them off and reposition them. even 1 cm can do a lot. don't use extra suction. u'll hurt the tissues where the plastic part of the domes presses and it's unhealthy for the breast. try not to give up on the 10 hours. like i said if it hurts or it gets itchy, take them off, clean ur skin and place them back a bit diferently. good luck

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER pain rash underarm June 5 2007, 5:08 AM

Try losening the straps on the bra another thing is go to any decent department store and get a sport bra in your band size and dd cup. the racerback zip front one works very well for me from jc penny. the brava one gives me a very bad rash under the back side of both of my underarms. good luck

lexy
(no login) true about the bra June 5 2007, 1:56 PM

i don't wear it during the day. i feel much better with the domes only. but the sports bra seems a good ideea. the brava bra makes me itchy and i have to wear something at night not to kick them off and it wakes me up at times. i'll try the sports bra too

first 3 days of brava and a few issues
May 23 2007 at 10:23 PM lexy (no login)

so i wore the system for an averege of 14 hours per day so far.
1: after about 3-4 hours after taking it off all the swelling is gone
2: my nipples lose all sensitivity in the first hour after which the become too sensitive but at least they get back to the normal
3: my boobies turn reddish after about 2 hours after taking it off

is all this normal? how long does the swelling stay in the first week?
thx girls

Author Reply
misskatherine
(Login misskatherine) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 23 2007, 11:12 PM

that is completely normal. there is no real tissue growth the first 3-4 weeks. the swelling should last longer the longer you wear brava. also, it is normal for your nipples to be very sensitive/lose sensitivity. as long they come back to normal after a few hours you're fine.. if they lose sensitivity and stay that way i would be a little worried.

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER yup May 23 2007, 11:23 PM

Everything you said is normal. the longer you wear the system (as in days/weeks) the longer the swelling will last. my nipples got extremely sensitive while wearing the domes, others lose sensitivity, and others actually get lighter in color, all normal, if you can call it that. Smile And the reason your breasts are reddish is because of the vacuum created by the domes, careful with excessive pressure, you could bruise yourself. good luck.

lexy
(no login) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 23 2007, 11:51 PM

thx girls i was expecting that but wanted to make sure. 9 hours since i took the system off and my nipped still scream "do not touch" but they look normal at least. i don't mind inceasing sensitivity i never had it actually. i'm happy i addapted well to sleeping although i'm gonna buy some more pillows, and i also went out with it and nobody could tell so it's all good i can wear it 14+ hours. i'm only scared that even if i do grow after many weeks it won't last since i saw that many girls put up with brava for months with no lasting results. but i gotta try it right? i'll be optimisticSmile

diana did u start wearing it constantly again?

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER nope May 24 2007, 4:38 PM

No. haven't been wearing it at all. just been trying to clear up some marks that i had gotten due to really strong vacuum pressure. i really want them to go away so i can wear a bikini comfortably. i will be wearing it this evening and tonight, cause i will be going out tomorrow and want to look 'full' any more questions feel free to ask. Smile the more pillows the more amenrtable and the less you move around so The less likely you are to lord suction. good luck.

lexy
(no login) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 25 2007, 2:38 AM

how long does ur swelling stay now since u haven't been wearing it constantly? mine goes away in max 3-4 hours and i csn't say i swell more and more each time. wondering if i'll ever need bigger domes.

lexy
(no login) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 25 2007, 4:53 PM

just noticed i'm starting to swell less although i wear it the same amount of time or more

lexy
(no login) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 25 2007, 5:55 PM

maybe i need more suction already? i suck out the air before putting on the smartbox cause with the smartbox only i feel no suction at all but i only suck a lil bit more the the smartbox would. 5th day now fo far this is my wear time
21.05-12h
22.05-16h + 6h
23.05-14h
24.05-14h
25.05-15h

any advice? i saw that girls who eventually had result were swelling more and more in the first weak. any advice?

lexy
(no login) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 25 2007, 5:57 PM

sorry about the typos Smile

minhina
(Login minhina) you need to be patient!!!!!!!!!!!! May 25 2007, 6:08 PM

Hi ya
I understand all your questions and doubts, I was there only some weeks ago...
Now when i look at the pics i took back then, i somehow understand the process...
I have been wearing this hell device for around 8 weeks now..
First days i will notice some swelling and i was impressed (coz never experienced anything like that before...trust me that is nothing compared to the swelling you will get in the future). But this swelling would go quickly.
as weeks and days went by, the rule was that: if i wore it less than 17 hours, i will barely notice any super swelling (i got used to the swelling from first days)...if i wore it more than 17 my boobs got huge, and i mean huge...once you have seen them taht way smaller swelling feels too small 9but reality is that it is swelling after all, tension and therefore steps for growth according to Brava mechanism)....this swelling goes down slowly...
Current stage..i believe my boobs are generally slightly bigger than they used to. swelling goes down by the end of the day, but always maintaining bigger size, than the original...since i work and stuff i barely manage a 12-11hours wear time per day, sometimes more, sometimes less. the swelling is simply OK.when i wear it more, swelling is so amazing that they do not fit in the medium domes i bought and i am going to buy new ones.
and then it is about keep going, just keep going, one week after the other, after the other..
feels like i have been doing this forever and it is only 8 weeks..imagine people that have been 22 and then think about whether you should expect any results soon...
i guess not.

lexy
(no login) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 25 2007, 6:17 PM

thx for the replySmile
i understand that it's a long process and i'm prepared for that. i just want to know if i'm doing everything right, since from what i read you should get slightly more swelling every day or in my case it's already starting to go down. that's my concern. and i was wondering if it would be a good ideea to try more suction already.
good luckSmile

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 26 2007, 1:51 AM

Yup. she's right. you have tobepatient. i wore it yesterday for 17 Hrs. i took it off at 6 this morning.and i still have about a 'c' cup swelling right now at almost 9pm eastern time! wow.i did not realize it has been that long. good luck.

lexy
(no login) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 26 2007, 5:29 AM

wow diana. the swelling lasted for a looong time considering u discontinued long time ago.
i will be patient. at least brava doesn't bother me too much. but do you girls think it would be a good ideea to put in more suction to increase swelling at this stage?

penny
(Login misskatherine) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 26 2007, 8:11 AM

I just wanted all the brava users that are using the so-called "manual suction" method that it is not safe. My husband is a doctor and he has made this clear to me. He says if the tension is too great then it is not safe for your cells. I guess that is why brava's pressure is regulated and we can not change the pressure.

I used the system for 10 weeks exactly and went from a small B to a full B. I stopped wearing because I was happy with my results (although I may put it on again in the future for more if i get greedy!) I stopped wearing the system nearly 8 months ago and I have retained my results and am thrilled

misskatherine
(Login misskatherine) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 26 2007, 8:18 AM

i was manually sucking the air out of my domes and when i told my friend who has previously used brava she strongly advised me not to. i told her to post it and its logged under my name!

minhina
(Login minhina) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 26 2007, 10:45 AM

Lexy
at times it feels there is no enough pressure, but there is. And as they have said, too much pressure is wrong, it will traumatize your tissue. if the smartbox does not start beeping it is all fine!
When i said the being patient thing i meant it..I only started having important swelling after around a month of wearing the device..I know you hear people talking about full C and full D cups..but they have worn it for weeks and weeks.. YOU ARE DOING PERFECTLY FINE. Just keep going. In a couple of weeks you will get more swelling and retain more if it, so by the time you put the device on again, maybe there would be a little of swelling from previously, hence next swelling will be bigger..
trust me, the more weeks go by the bigger is the swelling (though in my case, only after 17 hours..as I said less than 17 hours might live me with small C cup, and 17 leaves me with D cup)..

But this did not happen until week 4-5.

lexy
(no login) Re: first 3 days of brava and a few issues May 26 2007, 1:21 PM

i got it. i just hope everybody who wrote about greater suction read the post

Brava's getting easier!
October 13 2009 at 1:40 PM bizybizy (Login bizybizy)

I'm 6 nights in now, on my second attempt! I had less itching last night, and the rings around my breasts are becoming lighter. I also slept better last night. I hadn't been wearing the Brava bra because the one I have is very tight, but I've started to wear it and the domes stay on better now. Also, I've started to take some herbs. I'm interesting in knowing if any of you have had luck with these... fenugreek, saw palmetto and wild yam. I was a little worried about taking the saw palmetto because I saw 1 manufacturer puts on the bottle that women should not take. I feel bigger already! I can tell something is going on. I can't find my beginning measurements but as soon as I find them I'll compare. Big Grin

Author Reply
elle
(no login) Re: Brava's getting easier! October 13 2009, 1:58 PM

First two weeks are the worst believe meSmile Once you get to the routine you even forget you have the domes on. I tried wild yam cream in past. It does give fullness to breast. I will use it while I am taking break. I havent tried any other cream that you mentioned. I also tried st herbs cream. Cant say which one is the best.Both were the same. The main problem is the fullness doesnt last. You have to use them for your whole life.

bizybizy
(Login bizybizy) taking capsules, not using cream October 13 2009, 2:12 PM

I just wanted to clarify that I'm taking capsules, not using cream. I am looking forward to those days that I forget I have the domes on, lol! Sounds like many of you are thin, but I struggle to keep the pounds off, so Brava doesn't help that, being in the house so much, and feeling like I can't move. I'm learning, though. It's getting easier. Smile

elle
(no login) Re: Brava's getting easier! October 13 2009, 4:58 PM

I am not thin my breast are 84.5 cm now,at the beginning it was 83 cm my hips are 101 cm. I am a pear shape. My main aim is to balance this. I will take the weight from my hips and give it to my breastsSmile thats why I am trying to lose weight while I am using Brava. I dont recommend any pills. I used many many years ago. It gave me nothing but stomach ache. It didnt even cause any fullness in my breasts. Brava is the only thing that might work nothing else.This is my experience anyway.

Update - Starting Week 2
January 28 2009 at 3:54 PM Rox3 (no login)

Well, I made it thru week 1. Wow, it was hard but I'm doing one day at a time. The morning swelling is VERY nice. It's still an A cup though. I haven't swelled so large that I'm a B yet. When I put on my un-padded A cup bra in the morning it's skin tight, but then within 7 hours it's back to normal (size 34A). The sleeping is hard but one thing that's worked for me is propping myself up and sleeping in a semi-upright position. I cannot sleep flat on my back even with the four pillows. I use the pillows in a semi-upright position and it's much better. I wake up 1-3 times a night but am able to go back to sleep. I'm doing 10 hours per night now and have them on from 7PM-5AM. The domes are size Wide Large. I'm no where near touching the end from where the nipple is - plenty of room to GROW, GROW, GROW. Let's hope!

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Update - Starting Week 2 January 28 2009, 7:10 PM

Yay!! Keep going. We are all cheering for you! Don't give up. The first week is the hardest, I think. Then you get excited about putting them on. I keep a chart of weeks and daily hours and it is nice to look ahead toward a goal. I still have at least double the time (another fourteen weeks, at least) since I am determined to give it my absolute best shot the first time around.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon