Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Bra to use with Brava - Advice please

Bra to use with Brava - Advice please
June 12 2007 at 7:32 PM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this suitable to wear over the domes? There is a testimonial near the bottom. Does it matter if it squishes it all a bit? Or should I take the domes in a bag and have a go in the changing rooms?!?!

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/product.asp?...5895-front

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Brava replacement bra June 12 2007, 8:12 PM

I use a racerback zip front sport bra from JC Penny here in the USA. I recommend something similiar. the hook and eye won't work for what you want. and get it in a D or bigger depending on what size domes you are going to use. if medium domes a C will do. for large or extra large D or DD if not one band size bigger even. they will stretch some and you don't want it to tight. Snug yes tight equals hurt. and damage to your domes.

Louise
(no login) Re: Bra to use with Brava - Advice please June 12 2007, 8:20 PM

Have you got a link or a pic so I know what to look for, I'll prob be buying in the UK but I'm in Germany at the moment.

Seri - more bra problems, sorry to be a pain!
June 16 2007 at 2:24 PM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been everywhere and cannot find a single bra of any kind that closes in front. Online I am pretty much limited to these two from UK sites:

http://shop.ugosport.co.uk/product224049...90495.html

http://www.boobydoo.co.uk/products/produ...oductid=40

The first one is hook and eye fastenings which I think you said would be difficult to do up and I'm worried the second one will be huge - could I get a smaller back size or will it not matter if it's a bit roomy? I'm about 27.5 underbust and 31-32 over (32A-B bra) and will be getting the narrow large domes.

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER brava bra replacement June 16 2007, 4:16 PM

Look for something like this or

http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.as...Department

http://www.amazon.com/Jockey-Zipper-Fron...B000Q4QIM4

Not sure if Jc Penny will ship to europe but amazon should.

just get it in a D or DD cup You may have to go even larger cup size if you are going with the large or xlarge domes they stick way out in front. the bras do stretch but since they are made of a much nicer material they won't scratch or itch. and the racer back is so nice.

Good luck.

Louise
(no login) Re: Seri - more bra problems, sorry to be a pain! June 16 2007, 5:10 PM

Thanks - hopefully you really have heard the last of this!

retention and bra wearing
May 31 2009 at 3:03 AM J.J. (no login)

Hi all,

I noticed this past week that when I don't wear a bra that compresses my boobs, the retention at the end of the day is a lot more. When I wear a normal bra (not to small by any means), I measure less than 33.5 inches at the end of the day. But if I wear a bra that is way too big and doesn't compress the swelled boobs at all, I measure at least 34 inches at the end of the day, sometimes closer to 34.5 inches. Has anyone else noticed this? Do the brava coaches say anything about it? I guess it is just swelling that has not compressed down, not real growth. But, if continued swelling is what you need to stimulate real growth, then this could help.

Do all the brava and Noogle users here wear bras that fit pretty loose? I am thinking of giving up bras to maximize retention...but don't much care for the idea of nipples showing. Not sure what to do about that. I think I have some silicon nipple covers from when I was breastfeeding. I should try those with just a camisole for a week or so and see what happens.

If anyone has any suggestions for covering the nipples not not compressing the boobs, please post to let me know!

Author Reply
trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: retention and bra wearing May 31 2009, 4:21 PM

Yes, it makes sense that compression will bring down swelling, which is why one wears bandages on a sprain or swollen area. As far as the nipple issue, I've never worn bras despite my outrageously pointy nipples, and have never found it to be a problem, so I can't be much help there. I do know they sell all kinds of covers at herroom.com

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: retention and bra wearing May 31 2009, 9:06 PM

Hi JJ,

I noticed it is not just a tight bra, but the kind of bra I wear that effects the swelling retention.

Front close bras seem to enhance the retention of swelling far more than traditional back close bras. I guess it is the way they seem to create a 'shelf' for the breast, versus the smush of a regular bra.

Wearing no bra at all seems to diminish my swelling time as well. I always wear bras when out of the house due to my 'extreme' nipple issue. I swear those puppies could dent metal. It takes light to moderate padding before they smooth out - otherwise they are like two neon arrows pointing to my boobs. It used to horrify me when I had no boob to speak of because it was sort of like a sign saying 'boob goes here' and emphasizing what was missing.

I think the longer that swelling is retained the better the growth. When the breasts are not directly being influenced by the negative suction pressure of the dome the only encouragement to tissue growth is the expanded size of the breast. Those who use Noogleberry have noted a much greater response in pumping more than one time per day and thus maintaining swelling verus pumping a single time per day - even if the total time under suction is the same.

So in my opinion, a loose, uplifting style of bra that does not compress the breasts is the best way to go post suction.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: retention and bra wearing June 3 2009, 7:12 PM

I wore a loose padded bikini top during the day while I was using Brava. It didn't make the retention less and it still gave some support.

J.J.
(no login) Re: retention and bra wearing June 4 2009, 2:39 AM

Thanks for the advice. I went out today and got a few cheap bikini tops at walmart and Target, they seem to do the job of covering nipples quite well. I think this will work just fine. They tie at the back and behind my neck so I can adjust them over the day as the swelling goes down.

Today is the end of my 15th week of Brava, I will be posting progress on the programs page if the little yahootie gives me a long enough break.

Mesh sports bra large
December 13 2006 at 5:43 PM Sarah (Login auzzichic69)

Hi,
My friend used Brava and purchased the two sets of domes, and three months later she is still happy with her results. She never used the larger size domes, and they are a perfect fir for me according to the website, however as shes a bra size 34(was b now c) and I'm a 36(b) I can't use her medium sports bra (tried but its very restrictive). Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what sports bra brands mightn't cause fibres to attach to the sticky edge of the domes, or had a large sized brava sports bra they wanted to sell? Any guidance would be really helpful.
Sarah in Australia

Author Reply
Miranda
(no login) Re: Mesh sports bra large December 13 2006, 6:13 PM

I would just wear a tank top that is large enough to accomodate the domes but not too tight that the domes are pressing uncomfortably against your ribs. This advise was given to me by one of the Brava coaches when I was exchanging my large bra for and extra large bra. A tank top that might work well is Hanes for Men. Just knot it up at the bottom and your domes should be secure. The Brava coach also recommended pinning a sock in the front to hold the smartbox.

bras
October 25 2006 at 6:57 PM june (no login)

How do you ladies do it, if you start the day as a c-cup then end up as an
a-cup by the end of the day, aren't people looking at you like where did your boobs go? How do you go to work and out and about with friends, especially if you are keeping this process to yourself?

Author Reply
MIranda
(no login) Re: bras October 26 2006, 1:05 AM

Hi June,

Since I began wearing the correct sized bra in the morning when swelling is at it's highest, I've noticed that I retain the swelling more than before. I the morning, I start out as a full B, then towards the afternoon the swelling somewhat subsides, but I definitely still need to wear the B in the afternoon. No one seems to notice my changes in breast size as the day goes on.

Another thing that I noticed is that my A-cup bras do not fit me anymore...they are too small, similar to trying to squeeze into a smaller sized shoe. I attribute this to the expanding width of my breasts, so even though I may be losing swelling as the day goes on, there is no way that I can go back to an A-cup.

A solution for you may be to go braless, or to carry an extra bra with you in your purse to accomodate your afternoon breast size. If I were you, I would continue wearing the C-cup bra for as long as you can so that your breasts are not confined and they have a higher chance of retaining the swelling.

Good luck with the Brava process and make sure to post your ongoing results!

-Miranda
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon