Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Noogleberry pump and brava domes

noogle berry pump and Brava
April 16 2009 at 5:32 PM roakie (Login roakie)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case anyone missed this in the other posts:

Tr1gger mentioned that she was using a noogleberry pump with the Brava domes for extra swelling. Since I was not having great results with either the smartbox or manual suction, I decided to order one. I have been using it for about a week.

The increase in swelling has been noticeable. This morning I had 1" more swelling than I have had in all the 24 weeks I have been using Brava. I suggest that anyone who can invest under $50 order one if they are serious about making this Brava effort work.

You can pump the air out as much as you want. You can increase the pumping throughout the session so as the breast swells, you can pump a bit more. I simply place the tubing over the end of the noogleberry pump (since I lost my little adaptor) and it works just fine). You just have to be careful about the rims rolling in if you take out too much air.

I also need to be extra careful with my skin care. I am not getting rashes, but my skin is very fair and there is a very noticeable outline around my breasts, especially where the edge of the silicone rim sticks into my skin when the suction is hard. I slather desitin baby ointment on every morning, but I have a feeling it might take several weeks for the skin discoloration to disappear once I am through with Brava. Until then, I will not be able to wear any tops which are lower than where the rims extend up on my chest, which is quite high (only about 3" below my collarbone) Does anyone else have this problem?

Author Reply
tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 16 2009, 6:34 PM

that's really fantastic news. 1" is huge! To me anyway.

I did a test without the pump one night, because I wondered if I was using it unnecessarily, due to all the glowing reviews of sucking out the air with the mouth, and I too found that it was much more effective and more convenient to use the pump. Also cutting down on the possibility of developing (or in my case worsening) lines above the lips.

Ditto the having to avoid using so much suction that the sides roll in. I'm always taking it to the max suction just before the rims roll under. This has given me swelling from day one.

Also ditto the skin situation. I too use Desitin (a great suggestion from Louise I believe - where is she? done with her last cycle perhaps?) slathered on in the morning, as well as a bit of cortaid underneath occasionally when the itch is too much to bear. I'm ok with the rings, they disappear in an hour or so for me, but I do have some vile looking red bumps that are incredibly itchy. Such a gross rash, I've occasionally had to cover the entire area with large tegaderm strips to avoid contact with the rims - this creates another problem, the ripping off of strips of skin if I'm not careful to apply skin prep first... ugh. Anyone tried something like liquid bandage as a barrier? I think I read somewhere people were doing this, but it might have been from a long time ago, even before skin prep, I'm not sure. But if it's more effective than skin prep, I'd love to try.

Are the rings you're worried about turning a brown colour, like hyperpigmentation? I've a couple of these patches, but I think they're more from the noogle domes. I think my pigmentation might have been already existing sun damage that's been worsened, or simply bought to the surface. Not too worried though, I've dealt with it on my face to great effect, and will simply move the treatment area a bit lower when I'm finished the brava cycle.

Edit Message Delete Message

Beeper12
(no login) I'm doing noogleberry too! April 17 2009, 1:46 AM

I too just started using the Noogleberry pump with the Brava domes!

The silicone couldn't handle the Noogleberry pressure so I ended up ripping it off and now I use a cut up yoga mat to cushion the domes.

The pressure is so strong I can only manage for about an hour a day.

Good luck!!

jenjen
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 17 2009, 2:19 AM

I'm so glad you tried this. I too am very small and have had good results with Noogleberry. I was wondering if it might work better for you. But with all the noogleberry debate there has been here I was reluctant to stir it all up. I'm glad you've found something that seems to make more of a difference for you. Good luck!

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 17 2009, 2:31 AM

tr1gger,

It isn't really hyperpigmentation, I don't think. I have zero body fat on my upper body and on top of my breasts there is simply no cutaneous fat. So, the domes essentially press so hard into the skin that they leave marks. The bottom and sides of the breasts are fine and the marks fade quickly. The actual edge (that hard plastic strip right around the outer edge of the rims) digs into my skin almost like a knife and the marks are like fine cuts that never fade. I am wondering if there is something I can put underneath the top part of the silicone to ease the pressure on my skin.

Liquid bandage sounds like a great idea. I will give it a try and let you know if it works. Also, I wonder if a thin strip of yoga mat like someone else suggested might just provide some padding under part of the rim so it doesn't dig in. I might try that as well and see if it still sticks (3-4 of the silicone should still have enough contact to keep a seal.)

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 17 2009, 10:49 AM

Roakie
1" extra swelling? That's awesome! How much do you swell in total and do you retain anything more than before? Did you start eating chicken feet soup yet? Could that have anything to do with it?

Could you (and Tr1gger) tell me exactely how you do it? Do you have the noggleberry (hard) domes? How long do you pump for? Do you reliease and pump again and for how long? Then do you put the brava on right away?

Right now all I'm doing is nursing my skin after having a few nights 10 days ago with too much pressure that resulted in a rash that is now slowly getting better, after only 11 hour sessions at minimum pressure and lots of baby zink creme. As a result my swelling for the moment is only 1/2", but strangely I still retain about as much as before! Maybe it's because the Rock Mellon Ringtones (that I'm listening to as I write ; )) or the hypnosis I'm doing every night? ; ) As soon as my skin is back to normal I'm very interested in trying what you're doing...

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 17 2009, 3:07 PM

Hi, Elusia,

I ordered just the breast pump from the "spare parts" section on the Noogleberry site.
http://www.noogleberry.com/spare_parts_brst.html

I do exactly the same thing as I did before. I put the domes on, push them against my chest with the tubing hanging so it pushes out the air, and then push the end of the tubing onto the nipple of the NG pump. I gently press out the air until it feels about as tight as I can stand. I often have to release a little because the rims start to roll in. I don't keep pumping and releasing. I don't quite understand the noogleberry concept.

My pump didn't come with instructions but is there some sore of "release valve" that lets the air out so NG pumpers can pump and release?

The swelling becomes noticably more during the night. In the morning the domes are usually ready to fall off due to perspiration and as soon as I move in bed, there goes the old "pop" under the arm and they start to slide off. I then reposition the domes and pump some more. The breast is already swollen so it seems it is easy to pump even more and get bigger swelling for the last two hours.

I've only used the NG pump for two weeks now. I just bought some chicken feet three days ago and made the soup. I have had the collagen broth once, and plan to do it everyday now. Do you make the soup? I used about 20 chicken feet and by the time it was all boiled and reduced, it only made about 2 cups of thick broth.

I seem to be retaining a bit more swelling by night. Most of the fullness is underneath the nipple. My swollen pectoral muscles give more of a look of swelling than might actually be there, but I can definitely feel that there is more "tissue" of some sort. Whether it will stay in the long run, I don't know.

I have never worn a bra except in high school (when I did anything to look like I hade breasts) but I know for sure that by nighttime, I would NOT even begin to fill an AA bra.

To anyone else, I would still look flat as a board. To me, I can start to see a little bit of breast that actually sits on my chest.

I am sort of scared that doing this a year might end in a negative result, as Tr1gger mentioned about the lady on the NG forum who said there is possibly and "optimum" time to do suction before the breasts need a break. But, if I stop now, I really will have nothing left if there is shrinkage. So, I think I am committed until next November.

The sweating in the domes is awful. Someone suggested putting in a piece of pantyliner. I tried that but it didn't absorb any sweat. Anyone else have other suggestions?

This message has been edited by roakie on Apr 17, 2009 3:10 PM

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 17 2009, 3:08 PM

Elusia, that's amazing that you're retaining half an inch despite having days off. That must be real growth then! How long have you been at it again? I'm imagining you must be at least two months in... I'm not sure if I've got anything permanent yet, but I don't measure too much (don't want to be disapointed!) and go by look/feel. Theres a definite fullness sticking around by the time I put the domes on again, and the tops are showing a noticeable change - not totally empty and less ski-jumpy. It's small, but then again, so far I've just done one month of NB, and 2 1/2 weeks brava. BTW, when I get a rash, I don't stop with brava, I just coat the rash in cortaid followed by zine, and slap some massive tegaderm (which is as thin and stretchy as skin) over top, and domes over that are fine! Skin heals up nicely. If it weren't for these, I'd be spending more days with the domes off, than on. Roakie, this also helps with the knife like wounds from the edge of the silicone. Why oh why did they leave those I cry nightly? Very interested to hear about your experiment with the liquid bandage. Let me know!

I'll try to answer your questions Elusia on the Noogleberry use:

Roakie is just using the NB pump with the brava domes, as am I, and following the brava protocol. The reason for this is purely stronger suction, which results in greater swelling. As far as how this is achieved, it requires very little pumping in fact! That's what makes the pump so handy and easy - great suction/little effort. We just attach the pump where the sportbox would normally be, put domes on, and pump away a few times until a we get good firm suction. As the breasts expand into the domes, (say a half hour later), you can give another couple of pumps to keep the pressure as strong as possible. Then before bed, maybe another pump or two...perhaps if I wake up during the night give a pump, make sure it's still strong. That's about it! My pump nestles between the domes at night so I don't notice it at all, and during the day as I'm going about my business, cooking whatever, I wear the brava bra, and pop the pump in the smartbox pocket!

JenJen seems to be going for the NB protocol with the NB domes, as with the hard plastic domes you can apply FAR greater suction (because you needn't worry about silicone being sucked in or ruined), and if you are having no luck getting swelling at all with brava, it's not a bad idea, because you'll definitely get it with NB! Beeper is doing the same thing, but using her brava domes sans silicone. You only need an hour or so a day for it, as that will get you a good swell that lasts quite some time. I believe that if I hadn't loosened up my tight breast tissue/skin, with NB, and started the swelling cascade, I would be having no luck getting anything with the brava too. I believe that some people, especially those with very little to begin with need good strong suction that the sportbox, and perhaps even manual suction can't supply, so using the pump to get the max out of brava is a good idea, or even doing a time with Noogle or Bosom Beauty before hand, to kick things off, as I've done. I haven't however (except for once) been using the NB domes to get a great swell before putting on Brava, but it's a good idea that actually comes from Louise and her Bosom Beauty experiments. I'll probably try it!! Just annoying because you use lotions etc with NB to get a seal, and it means washing all off and going through the rigmarole of getting prepped for brava...

As it is, my swelling with the brava domes is modest compared to some people I've heard who are sporting D cups in the morning etc. And I will say that an hour on Noogle will give me more swelling than 14 hours with brava. However my thinking is that it's the sustaining of the swelling for as long as possible that convinces the cells to start splitting and the boobs to grow, so hopefully bravas long wear times will get me to that result sooner. Also, the NB domes hurt so much on my bony ribs (but I always did much more than one hour)! Aaaannnd, I like the shape the brava domes give, which is a nice natural teardrop shape as opposed to the big round cleavage monsters from the NB. After I've done a cycle with brava I probably will use NB though, as I've heard it can keep things going nicely, but without the massive commitment that brava requires time wise. Then if I want MORE (everyone always seems to want more!) I'll do some more brava, but keep it to use in winter.

Wow, that was long, again!

Anet
(no login) noogle berry pump April 17 2009, 6:21 PM

Can I use that just in case the sportbox stops working? Is it the same as sucking air out with your mouth?(like Stacy was doing).
I'm so afraid of the sportbox stops working, because it takes about 3 days for the new one to arrive. I will lose a lot of weeks because of that.

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 17 2009, 6:39 PM

yes Anet, I think it's better than your mouth, but by all accounts the mouth works too. Just suck, and tie off with a rubber band. But, if you want something really good (better than sportbox, I think!) you can get a NB hand pump from the link Roakie put up.

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 17 2009, 6:54 PM

Roakie, we keep writing at the same time! Each time I go to respond to something, by the time I've completed the latest chapter to the boob novel, your answer is up.

One thing I thought to mention after reading about your chicken feet soup, if you'd like to try something a little easier you can take these capsules of hyaluronic acid and biocell collagen (taken from chicken sternums) that supply the same things your after from the feet, I think. Not that the broth isn't incredibly good for you, I imagine. I've been taking the capsules because it's very hydrating for your skin, and good for rebuilding bodily tissue (even plumps the lips a bit!), and happened to notice that one of the main goodies you're getting from using the feet (as opposed to other parts of the chicken) is collagen!

Here's the one I use: http://www.iherb.com/Doctor-s-Best-Best-.../4457?at=0

it's pretty inexpensive too.

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 17 2009, 6:58 PM

oh, and the pump and release NB method is a mystery to me too! I tend to just to the good old pump and hold. But the release button on the pump is great to let some pressure out if you accidentally over pump and the edges start rolling in isn't it? I use it a lot. You definitely need it with the NB domes, because you'd never get the darn things off otherwise. This is the only way to let out the suction on those, because once you've got the tubes on the NB domes, you don't want to pull them off, as they're much harder to put on than on the brava ones. Thicker 'nipples', like on the pump.

molehills
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 18 2009, 1:49 AM

hi, roakie, I'm sorry to hear you are having such problems with the perspiration still. When I started using the pantyliner it helped because I was sweating a lot too. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I cut one into 4 pieces, and in each dome I stick one piece below where the outlet hole is, and one on the side of where the hole is, opposite to the hole (right next to the groove). I don't know if this positioning helps...or maybe it depends on the brand of pantyliner! I just use a cheap kind though.

Glad the NB pump is working out for you. I have one from before but haven't tried it as I seem to get enough suction by mouth to turn my boobs slightly purple at first! I'm a little afraid of using too much.

Anet
(no login) noogle berry pump April 18 2009, 7:30 PM

Am I the only one using the brava sportbox?

Rox3
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 18 2009, 9:25 PM

I'm using it. I am swelling up about 1" after 11-12 hours. I noticed it wasn't doing too well last week so I did the wet cleaning process. Have you done that yet? It really helped to get the full power back. It sounds much louder now too.

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 19 2009, 10:20 AM

Rokie,

I just don't understand why the pump is necessary? I could easily suck more air out, but I don't because either the rims roll in or I get more bruises or rash. From what I understand, people who use noogle use it for much shorter time (30 mins - a few hours) but with a harder pressure. If the idea is to do "both" (brava and noogleberry technique with a shorter time with higher pressure and then keep the domes on for the night at a lower pressure) I think that sounds like a plan! I'm not quite clear on the noogleberry technique - are you supposed to do it as hard as you can, then release, do it again and then airlock it at that level?

I'm so happy to read that you're not only swelling better - you're also retaining more! What's your new figures? (How much do you swell and how much do you retain?)

The chicken feet soup is nothing for me as I'm a vegan...but it does sound promising for those using it!

Tr1gger,

no, I did not have any days off, just days with only 11 hours at minimum pressure. And the 1/2" I was writing about was not what I retain but what I swell after 11 hours...I'm soon starting my 10th week and I retain between 1/4" to 1/2" so far. Patience, patience, patience!! I do write down my measures every morning and every evening for the very sake of keeping me motivated. I can see a small improvement over the course of the 10 weeks that I've been doing this, if I hadn't written it down I would probably think that nothing had happened...I guess we all have our different strategies to keep us motivated. ; ()

Good to hear that you ALREADY see some change - that's really early!! You keep going as usual even when you have a rash? In the brava instructions it says that when a rash appears one should stop and let it heal, or it can get a lot worse. But I assume yours doesn't? Which tegaderm are you using? When I look it up there are tons of different types of tegaderm!

I just took of a type of "extra skin" band aid that I put on about 10 days ago when I got a really bad blister. When I took it of, the blister was gone, but instead I got a MUCH worser one at the edge of the band aid! I'm not going to use that again!! I'm very happy that my rash is almost gone though! I can't wait until my skin heals completely so I can go for long hours again ; )

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on how to use noogleberry / brava! For some people it's easy, they just use the brava (or noogleberry) and get results from that. Then we have the more challenging boobis that don't give in so easily. If we happen to have a couple of those we need to outsmart them and that's what we're trying to do here!! I did BB during 2 years, so I have those cups still. Only now I can't make them fit / seal anymore...and I'm a bit spoiled with the much more comfortable brava domes ; ) Oh, I did try the noogleberry protocol too, but I didn't get much swelling there either. I did get more swelling from the super strong BB, but it gave me these ugly red rings and red boobs for months afterwards. I don't want that now! And the growth didn't last, anyhow.

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 19 2009, 4:27 PM

Well, Elusia, my growth is pretty modest to say the least also! My husband was laughing at me last night when I moaned that when the swelling goes down I'm still flat as a pancake. He's not convinced it works yet! I did NB for one month first, and I'm into the third week of brava now, so it would be silly to expect much. I think the NB set me up for swelling ok though, but would take far far far longer to get permanent results, which is why I'm trying brava. I believe I've got the resistant boobies too! However, results happen for us too, I believe, with insane amounts of patience and perseverance. Some times I wonder why I'm even doing it, because I've always quite liked my little boobs. I've thought they set me apart a bit, and I always looked nice and slim. They were also 'pert'. I came across the whole concept quite by mistake, when I was looking at vaculifters, which are these little 'cupping' (suction massage) things for the face - very nice, and read an article on ebay about growing breasts! Thought it sounded easy and fun!! I agree with all the women before me, who have also said that it makes you feel worse about your breasts when you see them in their swollen glory in the morning, only to have the deflate so markedly at night. If I'd never seen the possibilities, I'd have never known what I was missing! That said, I've definitely got a bit more fullness in the top of my breast, which doesn't disapear by night time. Alas, I would love some fullness UNDERNEATH my breasts!! Aaaaaahhh the trials of growing breasts. Patience is key! Thankfully, I don't mind using the system. It's quite obsessive, trying to engineer your life around getting the hours in, but I consider it a project I can do while pursuing my other interests. Except I've got a trip coming up in May to Paris, and am starting to think about how on earth I'm going to A. fit these bloody monstrosities in my luggage, which is always laden with clothes/shoes galore, and B. get anywhere near the wear-time in I need to. I'll be with my manager, and although a great friend, I wouldn't dare let him see me like this...although I'm sure he'd find it hilarious. The wear-time will be hard, because we usually stay up late. Perhaps I'll just have to 'sleep' in later than usual. I was thinking now was a great time, because I'm between my usual touring schedule...

I think if you're getting great suction with your mouth, then there is absolutely no need for the noogle pump. I find it handy. Even one of the Noogle ladies that does Brava, followed by a break and then Noogleberry in between her yearly brava cycle uses her mouth with brava and finds it perfectly adequate. You're definitely right about us all being different and finding the best way to get the system to work for us.

On the rash note, I've always been prone to rashes since I was an excema laden child, so it's nothing too unusual for me to deal with, and I expected them, after reading what everyone else was going through. However, I think I'm just a little allergic to the silicone or glue, and would have more time off than on with brava if I just didn't continue on regardless. The rash consists of clusters of itchy red bumps over the top of my chest only - which is a very sensitive area for me. Therefore when it pops up, I use some cortaid followed by zinc during the day when the domes are off, then wash all that off, apply aloe, and *most importantly* the skin prep BEFORE the tegaderm, otherwise, you're right, what will happen is what happened with you and the bandaid - the skin more irritated from the glue on the bandaid than the domes! I buy the biggest tegaderm patches I can get, cut them into two long strips, and cover the entire rashy area. Then I can wear the domes comfortably, and the rash calms down. And, no strips of skin torn off by the tegaderm, which did happen the first time I tried it, before I worked out that using the skin prep under them helped. So far, no missed nights, and although a tad itchy, I consider it just one of the things I'll have to put up with while on brava. Perhaps once the sticky is less, it'll happen less? That's what some ladies say, anyway!

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 19 2009, 4:46 PM

oh yes! I've seen those purple boobs! I'm not up for that either! Didn't get that from NB, but the rings were bad though...

Anet
(no login) noogle berry pump April 20 2009, 3:53 PM

Rox, i'm in my 8th week, I wear the system for 12-13 hours, should I do the wet cleaning?

Rox3
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 20 2009, 11:49 PM

Anet - In my 12th week (averaging 11 hours a night w/ no missed nights) I noticed that the smartbox wasn't getting as much suction on the domes, it was softer, and the swelling was less. So I did the wet cleaning (very easy) and it's much stronger now. Also, when you put your finger tip over the top of the filter before putting the tubing/domes on yourself, does it automatically shut off if you block the air with your finger, but then stay on when you remove your finger? If it shuts off and doesn't come on when you move your finger off, then you definitely need the wet cleaning.

Rox3
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 22 2009, 12:13 AM

Anet - also I just ran out of the no sting pads and have been doing the Fruit of the Early pure aloe vera gel instead. I got it at the pharmacy. For $4 a tube, it works just as good as the $30 pads. Nyah posted this hint and it's great advice.

Anet
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 23 2009, 3:40 PM

Rox, thank you for the advice.
I did the wet cleaning yesterday with the coach. When you put your finger on the white part of the sportbox while it's on, does it go drrr and stops and again drrr and stops? Is that normal?

Rox3
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 23 2009, 10:24 PM

Yes, it fades in and out but it does come back on again. Before I did the wet cleaning last week, if I put my finger over that top white part it would shut off and not come back on. The suction just wasn't there, but it is now. The swelling is back now too Smile

Anet
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 24 2009, 3:52 AM

My swelling has gone down even after the wet cleaning. You are about 12 weeks, how much did you gain? I started my 9th week today, I did not gain anything, maybe 1cm.

Rox3
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 26 2009, 12:24 AM

I'm just finishing up my 14th week with Brava and I measured yesterday after the domes were off for 11 hours. I've gained one inch around the breasts. I was measuring 34 inches when I first started Brava and now I'm 35 inches around. Also, at 10 weeks I was 34.5 so I gained a half inch in the last four weeks. In the morning with the swelling I'm measuring 36 inches so I swell up one inch for 11 hours of wear. Also, I'm still wearing 34A padded bras and they aren't too tight yet. So no B bras for me yet.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 26 2009, 3:58 AM

Hey, Rox! That is fantastic news. I can't remember how old your are or whether you have children. It is so hard to remember everyone, isn't it? Do you notice tight, hard pectoral muscles under the growing breasts? How many hours do you average each night and how long do you plan to go? Are you doing anything else like herbs, massage, etc?

Anet
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 26 2009, 10:03 PM

That is good news. Without the measuring tape, would you notice the difference? I don't trust the all around measurement, because if it's little low or high it's a different number. I measure each breast from left to right. I wear size B bra, it's little empty inside. In the morning when I have 1 inch swelling, I turn to a full B. I wonder why 1 inch increase does not make a difference for you.

Rox3
(no login) Re: noogle berry pump and Brava April 26 2009, 10:28 PM

Hey ladies...thanks for the encouragement. When I look in the mirror, it really doesn't look that different. With the swelling in the morning the bras are tight but not too tight to warrant moving up to a B bra yet. I'd love to have to do some bra shopping! During the day I notice that the bras get looser and I fit in them better but not overflowing yet. I had 3 kids and breastfed and had huge boobs then. I'm not a fast responder by any means despite having kids. I will go another 4 weeks then I'm going to Florida on vacation and will stop for the summer. With all the good feedback on Noogleberry, I will order one of those and noogle until the fall. I may go round #2 in the fall with Brava. I'm ready to start having house guests and dinner parties again. I haven't gone out of the house in months and haven't entertained. I have the domes on by 6:00 PM until 5:00 AM so I'm only averaging 11 hours. But I work 6:30AM - 4:00PM so it's been hard. I'll post again in a few weeks and let you know if I gain anything when I'm at the 18 week point.

Noogleberry pump with Brava domes
February 23 2009 at 5:34 PM florence (Login florence)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this must be written about somewhere...

After I finish Brava, is there a way to get daily swelling by using a noogleberry pump with the Brava domes? I am wondering because if I don't get any permanent results with Brava, then maybe I can at least have a bit of a breast during the day with this method.

I figured I could just order the pump, since I seem to remember that the tubing size is the same.

Any thoughts on this?

Author Reply
elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Noogleberry pump with Brava domes February 23 2009, 6:59 PM

from my experience with NB it's easier to just suck out the air with your mouth and then airlock, than using the pump. So you should be able to do the same thing with your Brava domes, they are so much more comfortable! But God forbid that you wouldn't get any permanent results after your hard work with Brava!

How are things going for you now? What is the Brava coach saying to you? To me they said that everyone that follows the program with a minimum of 11 hours / day and 11-15 weeks WILL see an increase, anything from .35" to 2,5", but that isn't how it is in the real world, huh?

florence
(Login florence)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Noogleberry pump with Brava domes February 23 2009, 8:20 PM

Well, in the real world.....

If I only see a third of an inch, I might as well not bother. I am totally flat so I don't think that amount would do anything for me. I hope I can get to a size A, but I am having my doubts.

I will be starting week 17 tonight. I have not missed a single night, and I have averaged 14 hours per night. I have no idea what I would be left with after 24 or 36 hours, but after 8 hours, I have what amounts to an increase of one jellybean!

Not too encouraging, huh? Maybe I am stupid, but I am going to keep going even if I have to go for a year. But, at 25 weeks, if I still don't see any appreciable increase after 8-10 hours with the domes off, I could see how I might be accused of not facing reality.

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Noogleberry pump with Brava domes February 23 2009, 9:12 PM

Well according to Brava you would be done now, after 17 weeks ; ))

So after 8 hours, your "gain" is what? anything measurable? I wouldn't laugh at a third of an inch (even though I prefer one full inch!!) - as long as there is some kind of progress that means that something is happening. Then you can just do the sessions again times three and you should have your full inch in the end! It might take awfully long time, but once it's there it's there. How's your swelling after you take the domes off? And what do the Brava coach say about it all?

I myself wonder if the pressure from the smart box is too low for some people (like me!) but are you now using airlock at a stronger pressure? I really think you should keep on going, if your husband can stand it!

Don't give up!!

florence
(Login florence)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Noogleberry pump with Brava domes February 23 2009, 9:23 PM

Well, I finally quit using the smartbox cause I had to. The second one broke and I am waiting on a new one. I started doing the manual airlock regularly and the swelling does seem to be more. I go from flat to a small B, probably, when I take the domes off after 15 hours. I finally ordered new domes which should be coming today. My old ones have no stickiness left and they seem to let out air if I move at all, especially under the arms. I just can't get them to stay stuck there! So, I am hoping the new ones will get me through the next 17 weeks plus without getting too battered.

What do the coaches say? Nothing. They basically said perhaps it is because my swelling is less due to old domes. But, remember, I have started with absolutely nothing, and even though I did get quite big with nursing, that went right back down to my normal flat level afterwards.

I am working with no body fat on top.

As for what there is remaining after 8 hours? Well, maybe 1/2 inch bigger if I use the tape measure around my chest. But again, that is after 8 hours when the coaches say there is still considerable swelling left. Also, the more I swim, the bigger my muscles get in my upper back and that can also increase the tape measure reading. And, bigger pectoral muscles from the pull of the swelling also ads to the increase. So, I really don't know if anything is breast tissue or just extra swelling. I truly fear finding out what might be there after 24 hours. The coaches have said I should leave the domes off and see but I don't want to face severe disappointment.

Next week I have an early doctor's appointment and I don't want them to see big rings around my breasts, so I will probably have a pretty good idea what I might actually look like. I will probably only keep the domes on halfway through the night and then take them off so I can let my skin settle before a 9:15am appointment. Then I probably won't have them on until about 8pm the next night, so I should see what approximately 15 hours without domes looks like.

BooBoo
(Login Boo_Boo_Bear)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Noogleberry pump with Brava domes February 24 2009, 12:29 AM

Yes, you can use the NB pump with Brava domes quite well. I have never had great success with mouth suction and find it to be more irritation than it's worth so, personally, I'd spring for the pump esp given how cheap they are. Also, I know you're feeling discouraged, but remember Louise? She had amazing gains her first session, but she said she didn't really start retaining anything for til 16 - 17 weeks.

rosie
(Login rosie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Noogleberry pump with Brava domes February 24 2009, 3:05 AM

I'm about to try the Noogleberry pump with Brava domes so I'm interested to find this thread. I've seen the NB domes and wasn't keen on them, so that's why I got the idea of using the Brava domes.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon