Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Rash with Brava

Brava Whiner
August 24 2006 at 7:43 PM Brava Hater (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh it's driving me mad!
I'm ready to give up, but have put in weeks and really wanna see some results after selling my summer for boobs.

Managed 5 weeks with no probs at all, other than tubes falling back, whih probably set me back 2 weeks. Then i got a rash so bad i had to stop for 10 days. After that I got sores in between my breasts, just as that started to clear up, i got blisters in a different place. I'm covered in dark marks and scars and it's making me miserable and self-conscious.

What makes it worse, is i don't even know if it's working. Swelling in the morning is HUGE. I was a 32b to start with and swelling must be a 32dd, it lasts for hours and what i want is what i see after 10 hours of swelling reduction, but after 14 hours it's a lame increase and very disappointing.

Help please!! need motivation to continue!

Author Reply
leina
(no login) Re: Brava Whiner August 25 2006, 6:26 AM

Hi there,

Are you using skin prep wipes ? This might help prevent the rashes. It would be a pity if you stop now because now, in week 6 to 9, you will start to grow. That's what Brava says and it that is what happening to me now. But the Brava system should not hurt or cause rashes. Are you using second hand domes or new ones ? I had some skin irritations when I started which were second hand domes.( bought them on ebay)
In stead of stopping, maybe you could reduce the number of hours per day for a week or so ( since you're swelling is that good) to give your skin some rest in between ? And reduce the pressure if possible, don't know if you're using the smartbox or the airlock ?
I use by the way strivectin to keep my skin in top condition.
good luck !

tms81
(Login tms81) Re: Brava Whiner August 26 2006, 11:01 AM

it is very important that the domes are cleaned every morning if i forgot to do it one day i startet to itch. Also to use the skin prep before use and to have lotion on your boobs after use. You can also use cortison 1% that will help the rash, but do not use it for a long time. You can also use microporetape on the rash when you have the domes on. But you can only use the tape on a small area or the domes wont stik.
Good luck

Kelly
(no login) Re: Brava Whiner August 30 2006, 8:48 PM

The problem is if you stop for 10 days don't you have to start all over again from the beginning?

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Brava Whiner September 7 2006, 8:20 PM

Yes I believe so. How rubbish is that? I was considering brava but I really couldn't stand the possibility of having to start all over again.

Dee
(no login) Re: Brava Whiner January 17 2007, 7:39 AM

What happened Brava Hater? I'd like to know the end of your story....

Boobala2007
(Login Boobala2007) Yes I would like to know how this tale ended too...... March 3 2007, 8:49 AM

did you go back to Brava. Did you see any permentant gains?

Glamma
(Login Glamma)
SENIOR MEMBER rash and blisters March 4 2007, 3:46 PM

The talk of rash and blisters is what gets me down every time! Anyone used brava and not get rash or blisters?

minnie cooper
(Login minniecooper) Re: Brava Whiner March 4 2007, 5:08 PM

you must use the skin care line they have. i have extremly sensitive skin and they have helped temendously, i even use the lotion on my chapped cracking and bleeding hands, yea that happends to me every winter. its really helped. but everyone is different, be careful Smile

Skin rash miracle cure
September 9 2007 at 4:55 PM Louise (Login Louise1982)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This info is in other posts but wanted a heading so I could look it up later.

I really overdid it last week, averaged about 20 hours and that was nearly constant for 5 days. Used a lot of extra suction. Got a red skin rash where the domes sit. Started as a few spots (like acne) on the actual breast, then a rash of flat red blotches down the midline and top and bottom. Counted over 65 individual red spots! Not really itchy though for some reason. For a week I reduced the hours to about 12 per day, after a couple of days no improvement. I tried washing with water only (no soap) after taking the domes off then used:

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-loca...25640.html

http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-loca...25636.html

In the evenings I just rubbed away excess cream with a cloth and used Brava skin prep before putting domes on (no washing). The build up of zinc cream on the domes rubs off quite easily. My rash is a lot lot lot better after 3 days of this, only 1 spot left!

Author Reply
Kaz
(no login) Re: Skin rash miracle cure September 12 2007, 7:19 PM

Hay Louise, that's really good. Can I ask, do you have any nipple problems? I noticed that rashes and nipple problems are both really commonly mentioned in this forum.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Skin rash miracle cure September 13 2007, 10:40 AM

None at all, to be honest I've never had particularly sensitive nipples and if anything they're more sensitive now than before (I finsh week 10 today). Also the nipple swelling really doesn't last long at all on me (about 20 minutes) unless I have them on for 18+ hours, and even then it makes them erect rather that big and white and horrible. I have only had once rash and that's because I wore them almost constantly for 5 days with a lot of suction so it's my own fault. Are you using Brava or still thinking about it?

Edit Message Delete Message

Bex
(no login) Rash September 25 2007, 8:35 PM

Just thought I'd let anyone suffering from a bad rash know that I've been smothering Benadryl cream on my rash for the past couple of weeks and it's absolutely brilliant for helping it fade.

I very nearly gave up Brava when I got a terrible burning rash with blisters all across my breasts, but decided in the nick of time to persevere... and now have very few marks at all (though still some, which vary depending on how long I wear it / how clean the domes are etc). Tried almost every cream I could fine and Benadryl was by far the best.

Basically, after every session I clean my breasts and just whack on as much cream as I possibly can - then I wash it off 12 hours later before my next session. Definitely worth trying.

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: Skin rash miracle cure October 15 2007, 2:11 AM

Shoot--- I really would like to try this cream but they don't ship to the United States. I have very sensitive skin and knew I would have skin problems with Brava so I'm not surprised or anything, but after only 4 days of wear I do have a rash on my sternum already. Bah.

Louise---Know of any other creams similar to this? This one looks really good.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Skin rash miracle cure October 15 2007, 4:12 AM

Louise, could you tell me how long you've been wearing the system and if you've had any growth?
I'm impatiently waiting for mine, and in the meantime im just reading the posts so that i know what to expect. thanks!

Louise
(no login) Re: Skin rash miracle cure October 15 2007, 5:48 AM

Hi Alcest, that was only to show the exact product, I got it in a local health food shop but looking on google it does seem to be an English thing, this site will ship to US (not sure how long it takes and total for 1x30g pot + shipping is roughly $20)

http://www.auravita.com/sb_view.asp

The AR2 Borage Oil cream is also very soothing and doesn't leave such a messy build up on the domes (can't find a link with a pic now but there's one on my program page near the bottom).

I'd say either have a look at local shops or take down the ingredients and get something similar:

Potter's Skin Clear Lotion (Watery cleansing lotion) - Water, spirit, witch hazel distiled extract, benzoin tinctures, tea tree oil, quillaia liquid extract, lavender oil perfume, blue colouring

Potter's Skin Clear Ointment (Thick white cream) - Starch BP 17%, Sublimed sulphur BPC 5%, Zinc oxide 23%, tea tree oil, yellow soft paraffin

AR2 Borage Cream (More moisturising white cream) - Water, borage, cetearyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, polysorbate 40, cocos nuciferos, alpha-D-L-tocopherol acetate, sorbitan palmitate, isopropyl myristate, glyceryl stearate, PEG 100 stearate, buxus chinensis, phenoxyethanol, methylbromoglutaronitrile, 2-bromo-2-nitropropane-1,3-diol, butylparaben, isobutylparaben (don't know what most of this suff is but mostly just stuff to make a lotion + borage by the sound of it)

Why not by a tea tree skin toner and some witch hazel, wash the skin with water only then apply these one at a time. Then if you can get a cream that's predominantly zinc (maybe sudocrem if you have that - it's for nappy rash, or eucerin calming cream). Let that dry then use a lot of the dome prep, keep hours to a minimum. Then when you take the domes off do all this again except instead of the skin prep once the other stuff's gone in a bit use a lot of your normal moisturiser.

Did you start off building your wear times up slowly? I totally ignored this as I was impatient and after 4 days I was itchy with the domes on or off and took nearly a week break before starting again. It's better to start from scratch after a few days than a few weeks!

p.s. someone else on here swore by corium21 cream but I was allergic to that, Seri uses hydrocortisone, I've had this on prescription for eczema and it worked then but not now and prolonged steroid use makes the skin thinner and more prone to breaks so I only used twice.

Louise
(no login) Re: Skin rash miracle cure October 15 2007, 5:56 AM

Hi Dandelion,

Got a bit carried away with the skin stuff so thought I'd put this in a new post! I'm halfway through week 15, averaging 15 hours per day (I work full time so get 11-14 hours when working then about 20 on days off - no social life!). You don't really know if you've got growth for a few weeks after you stop wearing, some people have said what they saw after 24 hours stayed others have said it was totally gone after 2-3 weeks. The longest I've left the domes off was about 34 hours halfway through week 11 and I seemed to have 0.75 inches left and had gone from loose 32B to full 32B (reasonable 34B) so I hope something's happening. I definitely got more swelling after about 6 weeks and now get D-DD after even 11 hours. You respond better if you've been pregnant or lost a lot of weight (i.e. easier to get back the bigger boobs than grow bigger ones from scratch). I've lost about 30 lbs and maybe 1 cupsize but wasn't even big then so maybe I'll be quick to put that back and slower to get any more. Everything I have done is recorded in very long and boring detail on my program page if you've got a lot of time on your hands - "veggie NBE with Brava"

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: Skin rash miracle cure October 16 2007, 12:22 AM

Louise I read your PP last night--- It was a hoot, it wasn't boring at all! You seem like a really cool person to be around. I went to my local health food store today (before reading what you said here) I looked for some sort of zinc cream but didn't find it. However I know calendula is good for rashes so I got some of that, as well as aloe vera and mullein leaf that I'm going to make into a paste and put on the rash as a mask tonight.

I also got these tablets that are a homeopathic medication for your skin. However now that I'm really looking at it, it says "for the temporary relief of...." Ughh... so it doesn't really fix anything. I'll take zinc though tonight with dinner.... I wonder if I mashed that up and put it in with the mullein leaf if it would do the same thing as a cream with zinc in it.... Hmm.

I'll let you know how it goes---- I didn't slowly build up because I didn't see it anywhere in the manual or on the video tape where it said to. I do remember hearing that I should though. I should have, knowing i have sensitive skin---But I am just very impatient to see results so this is what I get! I hope this goes away... I will just do 9 or so hours for the next two nights and see how it reacts/heals.

They seem to be what you had---- little red round dots with these gross white-head looking things in the middle. And I have a big batch of them right on my sternum. Never had anything like these before...

Thank you for your suggestions they were super helpful.

-Cara

Louise
(no login) Re: Skin rash miracle cure October 16 2007, 5:27 AM

Yes you can imagine me dressed as a fat and pregnant midget on a 2 hour train journey with my sensible briefcase letting out a huge farting noise!

Another thing that's supposed to be good for skin is silica (tastes a bit weird and has the most disgusting texture so I'd apply topically only - also good for burns). I would think v carefully about leaving it off totally for a few days to let you start in the strongest position, you really won't want to do this later (on the other hand mine did clear up in a few days and never did less than 11 hours per night). Brava have suggested a strip of surgical tape down the sternum if you're skin gets irritated but I found this gave a rash when previously I was just itchy - think it's something to do with the glue. What I have found is better that this is greaseproof paper - shiny side up, doesn't leave anything on the domes (folding the cut edges in and leaving the folded bits on the outside means there's no sharp pokey bits), I think it's what you call baking parchment in the US? You may need to suck the domes on quite tight to get a seal over the paper. An antiseptic cream, antiseptic alcohol wipes are also good.

Good luck - take a pic of the rash just for yourself or count the spots so you know when it starts getting better, I had about 60-70!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon