Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do???

HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do???
April 16 2008 at 4:35 AM autumn (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My large domes are breaking and I dont know how to buy a nother pair. I heard Brava wont sell to me just the domes if i didnt buy my set from them?? Is that true? IF so would someone who bought there set from Brava be willing to buy me the large domes and I could pay you back plus a little more?? IF someone could do this that would be amazing or i will have wasted 4 weeks with brava if i cant go forward to finish my cycle.

THanks

Ladies.

I mean I think they are breaking it seems the silicone is seperating from the inside if the silicone. LIke there is air inside of there or somthing and its getting worse.

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Domes are breaking April 16 2008, 7:21 AM

Yes the silicone inside the rings is semi cohesive problem is as you wear them they wear out and stop being a single mass. You can still wear them for a while yet.

Things to be careful with while wearing domes.

1: A little extra suction helps domes stay on better and seal more quickly.

2: To much extra suction will destroy the integrity of the silicone very quickly.

3: Ensure that your skin is as clean as possible before using the domes. Any loose patchy dry skin will cause the sticky on the domes to ball up faster. Any ointments moisturizers creams will destroy the sticky very fast.

4: Baby shampoo works great to clean the domes use your finger tips not your nails on the silicone. Baby shampoo also works great to clean up the area the domes will contact your skin. Balances your ph and cleans without anything that hurts the domes.

So try these out and see if it works for you. I have had to tape up rips inthe domes to get a few extra hours out of a set. I tend to get as much out of them as i can since a new set is $300 shipped now they raised the price on em.

So hopefully i can get 2000 hours out of this set. Tongue only time will tell.

Good luck

Edit Message Delete Message

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 16 2008, 9:03 AM

seri - i thought you were finished, no? I thought you had a total of something like 5000 hours in a year and went from a 36A to a 35C, which is great. Have you kept most of it?

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 16 2008, 9:04 AM

as for the domes ripping - once they do start to rip and the silicone breaks down, it might eventually get painful to have extra suction ( I have a pair and that's what happened). Like seri said, taping them up will allow you to get a few more hours out of them. Make sure to use good tape - not scotch tape.

Louise
(no login) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 16 2008, 9:09 AM

I can't use medical tape beacause it gives me a rash but I agree, for the last 2 weeks I was suctioning as hard as I could bear it but sometimes I had to let some air out to be able to get to sleep because it had created a sore patch on my ribs that was constantly being rubbed - all better now though. I found covering the sore patch with a lot of zinc cream then antiseptic cream over the top and then a small piece of cling film - this way the dome rub the cling film and the cream heals and lubricated the skin.

autumn
(no login) thanks ladies April 17 2008, 6:27 AM

Thank you ladies for the advice. Any idea how long they will last since the silicone just started to seperate on the inside? WHen you say use good tape. Like what is good tape? Also would any of you be willing to buy through brava for me. I could pay you like $50 dollars for helping me. I just dont want to end up with them breaking and then my whole program ruined and I dont know where else to buy Large domes.
Thanks

autumn

one last question at how many weeks does the growth start to stay. Like by the time i put them back on at night my boobs are still big? IT seems they are big till about 2 in the afternoon so about 7 hours.

Louise
(no login) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 17 2008, 7:04 AM

When you say the silicone is breaking inside what exactly does it look like? Do you mean it's tearing away from the plastic part of the dome or that the silicone within the cushion looks somehow different from when you started? Where did you get the orginal set from? Were they brand new?

They'll never stay big like first thing in the morning. But after maybe 7 weeks what I had at lunchtime was what I ended up keeping after the full 30 weeks.

In terms of buying domes through Brava what size do you need and where do you live?

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 17 2008, 7:27 AM

for tape, i used that silver metallic tape? i think its called electrical tape? the one i have is actually stretchy like elastic which is good. It's only like, 4 dollars about. I read somewhere on this forum that someone used liquid silicon to fill in the broken silicon parts, but I have no clue where to buy this. This is what happened to my previous domes:
The silicone inside started to deteriorate - it was as 'cushiony'.
The silicone started to rip from the domes, and if you pulled on the silicone a bit you could see that inside the silicone 'area' it was now hollow - it was as if the silicone deteriorated and like disintegrated or something i dunno.
I tried to 'fill in this gap' with super glue - so that all the silicone parts inside would stick together and maybe reconstitute the silicone. This did not work well because the glue hardens, and does not prevent further deterioration. Maybe do a search on this forum and find out who it was that found liquid silicone, as this would be great and possibly fix your situation.

If not, than once the silicon comes off completely you could find a different type of cushion? some users of BB or Noogleberry use silicone sheeting on their domes - perhaps you could do the same with the brava domes.

Purchasing a full set from brava in the states cost 850$ with shipping (they just emailed me the price), after which, domes are 300$ with shipping. It might be difficult finding someone to order them for you because most ladies who are serious about brava will, or may need, a second pair. You'll have to find someone who is finished and is absolutely certain that they do not want to do another cycle - this is because brava only allows you to purchase a second pair ONCE. On ebay, I have purchased a pair for WAY to much (700$) a few months ago, but luckily on this forum i found a seller who sold me the entire thing , Kiran, for a great price, only used once and in excellent condition ( you could not even tell). Sometimes purchasing second hand from someone who's only used in a couple of times saves you money, you could check it out.

Louise
(no login) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 17 2008, 6:58 PM

I'd buy direct from Brava at that price! In the UK it costs more than double...why is everything in Europe so expensive?

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER time and tape April 17 2008, 8:17 PM

yes i did a total of 6000 hours over 54 weeks. went from a nothing 38a to a 38c/d lost 60 pounds during the year. was down to a small 38C when i restarted. going for another session.

As for tape duct tape the good stuff does work. clean the dome area and silicone outside with good non hydros alcohol before applying. so it sticks. You can find some silicone rtv it can fill the area if you have a rip not the best as it does get semi hard. At any hardware store. trying to find some silicone that is semi cohesive like brava uses.

autumn
(no login) A wealth of Info April 18 2008, 9:10 AM

Louise, everything Dandelion said is exactly what is going on with my domes. But only on the right dome. the right dome also tends to cave in the silicone does. THey were basically brand new i bought them on ebay with a medium wide and a large i out grew the medium in 2 weeks and now its my larges that are having the problem. Just dont want to spend $800 with brava just for domes. But maby hmmm I could buy the set and buy the hard to find size XL domes and then sell all that on ebay to get my money back and just use the domes that I need. Hmmm what a great Idea! Also i already have a smart box i am not using which i could sell too. hmm i could make some money here. THanks ladies. I think i found the solution to my problem. I will also look for the liquid silicone also!!

You girls are great!! A little boob obsessed but i guess I am too!!

Louise
(no login) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 18 2008, 6:58 PM

Autumn, I think you're in the US which means I couldn't buy from you because the postage cost wouldn't make it worthwhile. Make sure you have a buyer lined up before you spend your money.

Really try hard not to let the silicone turn in - that will ruin them in literally a couple of weeks. Keep releasing the air and using your fingers to flare the silicone outwards. It's a pain to start with but after a few days the silicone stays outwards.

silv
(no login) cost of Brava April 18 2008, 8:52 PM

Dandelion, I am also in the states but the price they just gave me today is different from yours. " A Brava Sport System is $895.00 + Skin Care Kit + Shipping - If paid in full, $979.95. If you purchase a Brava Starter System or DELUXE System the total cost is $1279.95". They told me that I can purchase up to 3 additional sets of domes. that's very important as I definitely want to make sure I will be able to purchase more domes as two sets might not be enough for 7 + months of usage (my plan). I just want to get more info and compare it with others cause it seems like Brava is telling people different story here. thanks!

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 21 2008, 4:15 AM

Here is the email from brava:

The cost of a new complete Brava Sport system that comes with everything, One set of Domes, Sport Box, Black Bra, T-tubing, filters,cleaning tray/ syringe, new Instructional DVD and manual. This would cost $895.00 normally but with your $100.00 discount for being a previous Brava user, it would be $795.00. If you need the skin care kit as well, you would get a $50.00 discount for the entire kit, costing only $50.00. Total cost for both is $845.00 with one simple payment. Currently the S&H fees are free (value of $34.95.) You would need at least the Dome Antiseptic Spray ($22.00) and the No Sting Skin Wipes ($50.00 box of 50) so with one single payment you get the full kit for $50.00)

I orginally emailed them asking to purchased a net set of domes only, as I had said I had already purchased the full system off ebay. Because of this, this email lets me believe that even though I had purchased it orginally on ebay, they will treat me as a repeat customer because I have already used the system. So with the discount, it is 795$. I do not need the skincare because I already have some, and don't even use the no-sting skin wipes (i have the roll-on, which I prefer anyways). The only product that I need is the Dome Antiseptic spray and I've got two bottles. So for 795$ + shipping I get the whole system. If they change their minds and dont was to give me the discount, it would be 895$.
I do not believe their skin products are worth the price, you can find alternatives for way cheaper.
After you get this system, you can get domes for 300$ shipping included.

Hope this helps!

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 21 2008, 4:18 AM

whats the 'deluxe' system anyways? The price i quoted was for the sport system, which is all that I need (or all that anyone needs - my opinion)

silv
(no login) brava domes April 21 2008, 9:50 PM

Dandelion, that's great if you can get $100 discount. I will try to ask them for discount the next time I e mail them as I am also using Brava now. Thanks for the info. As for deluxe and starter kit, I think the only advantage is they offer 90 and 60 days return and exchange warranty. I don't remember if they offer 30 days exchange for sports kit thou. I agree with you about the accessories. I don't need anything except the domes and the skin prep.
What brand is the roll on you are using? Is it the same as the skin prep (protect skin and keep domes on). thanks!

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 22 2008, 3:25 AM

yeah the roll-on in the skin prep stuff in a bottle. I think its much better as it's easier to use, and i'm sure it lasts more than fifty times (the wipes come in a packet of 50). It's like a roll-on deodorant.
Maybe you can tell brava that you,ve bought a system on ebay previously for the cost-effectiveness, but would like to deal with them directly instead, and that you would like to be considered as a repeat customer because essentially you are one. I'm sure they'll take any business they can, so hopefully they'll give you a discount. good luck!

Livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 22 2008, 1:33 PM

If you're going to use the sportbox, I would buy direct from Brava so that you get the warranty and have the option to buy more domes. I don't know if I'd buy off eBay unless it was nearly brand new and was deeply discounted because you may not be able to get more domes.

Livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: HELP!!! My large domes are breaking and I dont know what to do??? April 22 2008, 1:38 PM

I would only buy the sport system. You don't need the other if you keep track of the hours yourself on paper. Dome cleaner I think is a must. I have a total of 23 weeks on my domes and they are still tacky and are looking like they want to start separating from the plastic (have looked that way for about 3 weeks and not gotton worse). Silicone is still firm and has never turned in. Skin Prep is a must too. Baby shampoo is good enough for skin cleaning and Eucerin Calming Cream is great for lotion. Take care of your domes and clean them daily with the dome cleaner and store them in the rack - it's worth it.

Repairing domes?
July 20 2009 at 10:01 PM Kristin (Login napahills)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The silicone is tearing away from my domes. Unfortunately, this is resulting in them leaking at night....and I'm not getting adequate treatment. I'm very upset...as I 've been doing this for 6 weeks, and now have lost 4 nights of treatment. AGGHHH!!!
Is there any way to repair these? I was thinking of just tearing the silicone off all the way on both of the domes...and putting some sort of rubber cement all around them? Any ideas that anyone knows of?
I hate to throw more money into this process....

Author Reply
CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Repairing domes? July 20 2009, 10:49 PM

This happened to me also and my boyfriend used silicone in a tube to repair it. Haven't had any problems since.

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: Repairing domes? July 20 2009, 11:36 PM

Is it called Silicone in a tube? Do you get it at a home depot store, or something like that? Did he rip off all the silicone on both domes to start from scratch...or did he just squirt it in the ripped part? Thanks Smile

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: Repairing domes? July 21 2009, 12:28 AM

No it is not called silicone in a tube Wink English is not my native language so I have no idea what the container is called. I found a photo that looks similar to the thing he used. http://www.dalchem.com.au/images/stories...ealant.jpg. He bought it at a hardware store and only put at the part that ripped. Good luck Smile

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: Repairing domes? July 21 2009, 2:22 AM

OK...I bought some. I told the guy I needed silicone in a tube. He asked me what for...I said, "it's complicated". Anyway, I think he got me the right stuff. Now I'm going to get to work. Fingers crossed!! Thanks dear Smile

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Repairing domes? July 21 2009, 2:25 AM

I had this problem with my first set of domes on the left dome. My husband bought a tube of silicone caulking from Home Depot and squirted it into the ripped silicone. I think we let it dry for about 8 hours. The domes worked just fine and held up just fine. I will try to find my old thread where I talked about this solution!

Update - here is the thread. It is exterior/interior silicone caulk from Home Depot.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/482746/th...+from+dome!

Don't despair. It works!!

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: Repairing domes? July 21 2009, 4:02 AM

OMGosh...thanks you guys! THat's where I got it...home depot. I was so excited when I squirted it in there, and it puffed right up! Amazing! That just saved me serious bucks...love this forum. Now I have to let it dry---tick tock tick tock...my boobs are shrinking!! Oy...what a process.

I am SOO PISSED
March 19 2007 at 7:01 AM minnie (Login minniecooper)

help! i am soo pissed, the outside of the silicone around my left dome has tore while i was trying to "FLARE" it on the side of my boob i have a seal with no leakage but this **** is no way going to withstand 10 weeks and ive only wore it a couple of nights. its been more than 2 weeks so i know BRAVA wont replace it how can i fix it, maybe DUCK TAPE or GLUE, wow this is soo great! Smile

Author Reply
ScottishGal20
(Login ScottishGal20) Re: I am SOO PISSED March 19 2007, 11:24 AM

Oh dear! Thats not good luck at all! I really dont know what you can do....is it possible to use super glue or something to keep the seal?

Ynot try
(Login ynot_try) try backwards... March 20 2007, 3:09 AM

I bought mine off of ebay and the seal is a little flimsy on the outside causing a leak. I actually reversed my domes..wear the right on the left and vice versa...and I have a much better seal. Worth a try...

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER no March 20 2007, 2:25 PM

Brava will replace it! the domes are covered for thirty days. the two week thing is only for the SIZE of the domes. call them!

minnie
(Login minniecooper) Re: I am SOO PISSED March 21 2007, 11:10 PM

I love you Diana, i don't know what i would without your feedback.LOL Smile
minniecooper

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER hey March 22 2007, 2:14 PM

Here to help when i can. them darn things are expensive.

question for minniecooper
March 27 2007 at 6:24 AM Seri_Flamehair (Login Seri_Flamehair)

Did your domes tear right along the outside edge where they are bonded together or outside top near the hard plastic of the domes? Also how did you go about getting them replaced? just asked brava do they want the old ones back or pics?

Author Reply
diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER i am not minnie March 27 2007, 8:13 PM

but i had to have mine replaced. they tore on the top outside, where the gel adheres to the domes. i called them, told them they tore. they sent a replacement in like 5 days. and had to send mine back. Since it was a couple of days after the one month warranty period. they replaced them for free. but i had to say the return postage was all. which they weren't even obligated to do. hope this helps.

minniecooper
(Login minniecooper) Re: question for minniecooper March 27 2007, 10:34 PM

yes they tore along the side, on the outside, right where thet are sealed to the domes, and they do have a 30 day period where they will replace them, i was on like a couple days over the time that i purchased them, the brava coach was very nice and understood. You do have to send the old ones back, which i am happy to do because they really start to get gummy and nasty. by the way, they are tough because i can still wear them without any problem but i know they won't last too much longer. have a great night with your gear! ;Smile
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon