Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

which store has No_Sting Skin Prep? plz help

Products to help brava domes stick
April 30 2008 at 1:25 PM
Tori (Login Tori365)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this the sort of thing you can use with brava to help the domes stick? I want a product thats similar to the brava skin prep. Is this safe to use with the domes, and won't damage them?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Staysput-It-Stays-...18Q2el1247

I also found this on US ebay don't know if its the same:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IT-STAYS-BODY-ADHE...638Q2em122

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: Products to help brava domes stick April 30 2008, 2:37 PM

Hi Tori,

I used Tesco own brand cocoa butter body lotion, you need to have a good scrub under the rim every few days to get it off but didn't seem to affect them (niether did any other body lotions or EPO etc that I used).

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Products to help brava domes stick May 1 2008, 4:45 PM

Hi Louise, I was more looking for something that helps the domes stay put better, as I'd heard of a product called it sticks or something like that that some people use to help them adhere more.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Products to help brava domes stick May 2 2008, 3:00 AM

it's called "it stays". it's a roll-on adhesive that washes off with plain water

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Products to help brava domes stick May 3 2008, 11:10 AM

Thanks for that Kieyah!

using baby powder with brava
April 28 2008 at 9:52 PM kat (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would that help with skin irritation, has anyone tried it?

Author Reply
Roseability86
(Login roseability86) Re: using baby powder with brava April 29 2008, 1:15 AM

I haven't, no, but it might affect the tackiness?

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER brava April 29 2008, 7:31 AM

Using anything on your skin prior to brava domes going on them other than baby shampoo pat dry. And or the skin prep wipes will destroy the tacky stuff on the domes either in one session or over time. Since domes cost so much it is a bad idea to mess em up.

If you are having skin issues find your favorite skin cleanser moisturizer exfoliator anti-itch cream combo and use it after each session. Then before domes go on clean the skin with brava products or baby shampoo pat dry apply skin prep pad if you got em otherwise just put the domes on suck some air out put the sport/smart box on or air-lock and wear em for 10 hours atleast. rinse and repeat. Tongue

EPO instead of dome prep
November 27 2007 at 6:45 PM Louise (no login)

My second dome prep roll on was runnning out so I substituted for liquid evening primrose oil. I use about a teaspoon before putting the domes on, then wash with water only (no soap) and put on another teaspoon in the morning. I've been doing this for 2-3 weeks with no probs at all, skin is comfortable and rash free. I have dry skin though so if you're prone to acne it may not work but it is natural, cheap and others have gained from massage with EPO so thought I'd give it a try.

Author Reply

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: EPO instead of dome prep November 28 2007, 12:02 AM

What do you mean exactly by liquid Evening Primrose Oil? Is it not in an oil form?

I thought you weren't allowed to use oil on the domes.

Edit Message Delete Message

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: EPO instead of dome prep November 28 2007, 9:31 AM

As in I bought a bottle of just the cold pressed oil, I'm not sitting here sqeezing it out of capsules.

I think the only thing that oils do the domes is make them less sticky. My sticky came off months ago and I much prefer them without, I can use the suction to hold them on (I don't usually need to bother with the bra except when I work out in them) and the sticky is what irritates the skin. Your skin naturally has oils so don't see why not. I've had one pair of domes for 21 weeks, the other for 16 and they look brand new except no sticky, the cushion isn't ripping off anywhere so hopefully these will last me till 30 weeks and beyond. I've been putting moisturiser on the skin before the domes for months because my skin's so dry and would rather replace the domes than get scars from a bad irritation and had no dome probs with that either - rules are made to be broken!

Linz
(no login) Good thinking July 3 2008, 2:18 AM

Wow - this really does work. I've just started re using brava and it was unbearable at first, but gave the EPO a shot and I'm so much more comfortable. I was just about to give up.

My first cycle of brava, I had permanent red welt marks throughout. They itched like crazy at first - but eventually got used to them and they itched less.

With Epo - no broken welt marks and also hardly any redness when you remove the domes. I think I read somewhere that EPO reduces inflammation - maybe this is why.

Anyway - nice one Louise!

Aloe question again
September 25 2009 at 10:58 PM Anet (no login)

I found the aloe gel at Whole Foods, I tested it on my skin, it's not sticky at all. How do I use it? Do I let it dry, or put it on when it's wet?

Author Reply
kiagirl
(no login) Aloe question again September 26 2009, 4:19 AM

When I use the aloe gel, I spread a thin film around the breasts where the domes will be placed. I then let it dry for a few minutes before putting on the domes. It's not really what you would call "sticky" but the domes do seem to adhere to it quite well and I have had good luck getting a good seal with it. Best of luck!

kiagirl
(no login) Aloe question again September 26 2009, 4:25 AM

Just an FYI for you too, you can get the no-sting skin prep wipes cheap at ADW, that's www.americandiabeteswholesale. They sell the box of 50 for under $14.00!!

elle
(no login) Re: Aloe question again September 26 2009, 10:42 AM

As Kiagirl suggested to me to use aloe vera gel, I use alore vera gel.Thanks KiagirlSmile It is better for me because otherwise I get a rash. I use it exactly the same way as she said. I wait one minute though.

Anet
(no login) Re: Aloe question again September 27 2009, 3:59 PM

Thank you girs I will try it tonight.

unable to buy dome cleanser from UK
April 17 2007 at 9:39 AM minhina (Login minhina)

Hi,
i also wondered, if there are users from the UK, where have you bought the dome cleanser? I managed to buy the no sting wipes via ebay, since every time i call brava comercial department, they say they will call me back and never do. I am fed up with them really...now wonder if i ever have a problem, how helpful will they be...anyway, the no sting thing should be arriving soon, but i want to care for the domes, and i have nothing to clean them other than water...
any suggestions? any similar product available in the uk??

Author Reply
diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER hi April 26 2007, 1:43 AM

I was told that if I didnt want to purchase the cleanser (which didnt) the next best thing to clean them with is regular johnson's baby shampoo. or to lather up some ivory soap and to use the lather on the domes. nothing else. hope this helps. sorry it took so long. Smile

minhina
(Login minhina) thanks April 27 2007, 5:13 PM

i will buy this then..
i had been trying to contact Uk and Us client services and has been such a pain to try to get anything from them!!!so it is great that there is another option
THANKS

Dome Cleanser Question
February 6 2009 at 11:31 PM UrNewBreastFriend (Login UrNewBreastFriend)

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get the dome cleanser on ebay. Would someone be kind enough to post the ingredients so that I can find a really close substitute?

Rox3
(no login) Re: Starting Again & Dome Cleanser Question February 8 2009, 7:10 PM

Hi,
Welcome to the Brava Club. I've only been in for 3 weeks but it's going okay. I have a slight rash and am putting Zinc Oxide baby rash cream on it which is helping, but boy does it burn! I'm sleeping better now and doing about 10-11 hours a night.

By the way for the dome cleanser, I read that you can use Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I bought the skin care kit from Brava for $100. It's expensive!!!

UrNewBreastFriend
(Login UrNewBreastFriend) Re: Starting Again & Dome Cleanser Question February 9 2009, 6:19 AM

Hi Rox3, thanks for the response and the warm welcome! I'm so afraid of the skin rashes..that's part of why I stopped when I used brava before.

I've heard other ladies mention Johnson's Baby Shampoo, but I was just really curious about what the ingredients are in the product that brava sells to clean the domes.

Rox3
(no login) Skin Rash February 10 2009, 11:45 PM

I spoke to the Brava Coach at lenght last night and she was fantastic. She was a wealth of knowledge and really made me feel better about the rash. She asked if it was raised or flat. My rash is flat like a rug burn. She said it's de-hydrated skin and to do the following immediately:

1. Don't use the Brava cleaner to clean the chest before putting the domes on. Use Johnson's Baby Shampoo. I just bought some today for $3.99. She said the Brava cleanser has an exfoliant and is harsh and some people don't do well with it. She said you can also use plain ole' Ivory soap as an option too.

2. Don't use the Brava body lotion in the AM when I take the domes off. She told me to buy Aveno Body lotion - the kind with oatmeal and the unscented kind. Again, that was $2.99.

3. Put Vitamin E oil on the rash right after getting out of the shower in the AM. Do that only one time since it could clog pores if you keep putting it on all day.

4. If the itching gets bad during the day, use the Cortaid brand cream which has hydrocortizone as it's active ingredient.

5. Continue to use the Brava dome spray to wash the domes in the AM.

6. Turn the domes to re-position them so they are not directly lined up with the nipples and the dome isn't laying on top of the rash.

7. Make sure to FLARE the domes out when putting them on which helps to protect the skin.

Hope this helps anyone out there who may get a rash.

Anitseptic dome cleaner?
December 14 2008 at 3:19 PM roakie (Login roakie)

Louise and others using Brava......Do all of you re-order this from Brava to clean your domes? The company says that baby shampoo can be used for cleaning, but that nothing replaces the step of spraying the rims with the antiseptic cleaner since it maintains the integrity and tackiness of the silicone rims. I am afraid to quit using it since I want the tackiness to stay as good as it can (it helps the domes to stick on this otherwise flat chest!!!) I know Louise doesn't like the stickiness and has rubbed it off, but I think it helps my domes to stay in place.

This looks specifically made for Brava and I don't know what else would mimic it for a cheaper replacement. Any thoughts?

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Anitseptic dome cleaner? December 14 2008, 3:23 PM

We don't get any of these things in Europe, we only get a roll-on prep thing to replace the prep wipes, we don't get any of the other Brava products at all. Brava actually advise to use baby shampoo to clean the domes where they don't sell this stuff so it don't know if it matters what you use.

V
(Login indecisive1) Re: Dome cleaner December 14 2008, 9:10 PM

I'm probably going on a limb and revealing too many of my secrets with this one but... To be completely frank, I use antiseptic adult toy cleaner spray, its only about $10 and works fine for me! Smile

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Anitseptic dome cleaner? December 14 2008, 11:49 PM

Where do you find that adult antiseptic cleaner spray? Could I just as easily find something at Walmart or a drugstore?

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Anitseptic dome cleaner? December 15 2008, 3:58 PM

I used the Brava dome cleaner for the domes but did not use the other Brava products. I think it was worth buying since my domes were used for two cycles and will probably last part of a third cycle and are still tacky.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Anitseptic dome cleaner? December 15 2008, 11:39 PM

Roakie - the adult toy cleaners come from the places that sell the adult toys! This will vary depending where you live but as far as I'm aware they all deliver in discreet packaging!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon