Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

A positive supportive thread?

A positive supportive thread?
August 23 2006 at 7:14 PM Cette Fille (Login CetteFille)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am debating purchasing the Brava system. I am currently a 34a and would ideally like to be a 36b. I was just curious if it would be possible to start a possitive thread on here on which we could support eachother during this process? Would people be willing to post weekly updates on their progress good and bad?

Author Reply
Liz
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? August 24 2006, 1:38 AM

I agree it would be nice to have people who are in the process of doing the brava do a weekly log to share their progress. I am debating doing the brava system as well (I probably wont start until after the new year tho.) and I think it would be nice to have a support system.

Edit Message Delete Message

leina
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? August 24 2006, 6:15 AM

Hi There !

I am willing to do that ! I am in week 10 now and I plan to continue at least another 4 weeks, maybe more.
I bought my system of ebay, once a second hand set which broke withing a 6 weeks and then a completely new set, also on ebay. There are some nice sets available now on ebay, also new and I would recommend to buy a new set.
With my first second hand set I had some skin irritations, with the new set no irritations at all.
Since I did buy on ebay and not through Brava I wasn't able to get some support so I think our suggestion to open a thread is nice !
I am very happy with my results so far. I have grown from a B cup to a small C, and I want to continue until I have a full(er) C cup.
I use the system in the evening and I sleep with the domes on, that works fine for me.
Unfortunately I am not always able to get the 10 hrs a day that Brava says is required.
From monday to Friday it is more around 8.5 hrs a day, In the weekend I try to do at least 10 or 11 hrs.
It worked anyway !
If I can help in any way just let me know !
and Good luck, when you start with your Brava !

Cette Fille
(Login CetteFille) Re: A positive supportive thread? August 24 2006, 2:04 PM

Ok well I think I'm going to do it. Thanks for the Advice I checked on Ebay and I can get a brava system on there that is new and not too expensive. It would be nice to have people to talk to about this especially if it turns out to be as difficult as some people say. In my mind I tend to think what is a thousand dollars and some awkwardness for the chance of being able to be comfortable in my clothes.

Leina
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? August 24 2006, 3:18 PM

Well, I can't say I found it very hard. Problem mostly was to get the 10 hrs.
But I do sleep on my back with or without domes, so that helps.
And would do almost anything, except surgery, to get bigger breasts.
and what is especially rewarding is the swelling you see in the morning..I am a small D in the morning when I wake up and that gives me the energy I need to keep up with it !
Will you let us know when you start ?
There are several sets for sale on ebay, not to expensive I have seen.
Good luck !

michelle
(Login anothertry) sure! August 27 2006, 4:07 PM

having read some of the negative things AFTER purchase (isnt it always that way??) i think this would help me through. i am about five days into the program... still trying to find better methods to avoid skin irritation and so on.

i think this will help a lot... i will try to remember to post!

Kelly
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? August 30 2006, 8:46 PM

Well it's a good idea, but Brava users don't seem to bother much about sharing results with others. I don't know why.

elle
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? September 1 2006, 9:53 PM

i think it is because there is a shortage of solid good results, and while things just start to get good you don't want to jinx it because the tubin will fall out. i kept a log on here for four weeks and that was terrible :S

Jas
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? September 16 2006, 6:40 AM

What happened to this positive supporting thread? I can't see anyone being suportive at all.

leina
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? September 16 2006, 7:54 AM

Well, I have nothing to complain !!!
I am still using the system and still very happy. I will continue up to week 20 because the downside of this is that you want more.No problems except some itchy spots which I then cover with tape for a few days to make sure they heel.
It is very important to take pictures before you start because you easily forget how small you were.
You get used to the bigger breasts and might think growth is not that much.
And by measuring you do not always get a right indication. For example, I have grown the most on top, my breasts are very firm like they were when I was 18. Measuring doesn't show a lot of inches growth but my bra's are to small now. If I look at my pictures you see a huge difference.
And a bra size bigger is just a matter of an inch or so, you don't nee to grow 10 inches !
How is everybody else doing ???

Bella
(Login jellybean1) Good idea! September 16 2006, 2:16 PM

I just wanted to say that I think that it's a really good idea to have a positive thread about your time using Brava - sounds like it can be quite hard going, but that there are some really positive results that you can get (especially if you were very small to begin with), so it would be good to hear how everyone is doing with it. I think I am going to get Brava, so will let you know how that goes - I think the 10 hours a day might be difficult to do, but where there is a a will there is a way!

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Hi- my first night ! September 18 2006, 10:12 AM

Just saw this through my search engine and what a relief to find some support ! I started last night with my Brava and after exactly 10 hours I took it off.......great feeling seeing my amazing boobs as they used to be ! I breast fed 3 kids so I'm hoping for quick results . I'll keep coming back with my comments , it was a bit uncomfortable but I'm sure it gets easier.

Anonymous
(Login Manoloblah) Re: A positive supportive thread? September 18 2006, 4:11 PM

I just spoke to Brava UK about my download and apparently they have now stopped doing this as there are too many problems with the info exchange/time difference...what a relief !!
They also said I should be breaking myself in gently with timing and only using the system for 4 hours and slowly building upto 10-11 hours. I didn't know this so hopefully this helps all of you beginners too. I'm so happy I don't have to wear it tonight for 11 hours, I was building upto it . I bought mine direct from Brava in US but the UK team will sell me parts etc no problem . So more good news.......happy days !

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) 1st week results ! September 24 2006, 5:08 PM

Hi, I said I would post weekly results and progress so here it is.....I managed the following wear times over a 7 day period - 9.5,4,5.5,9,10,10 and 10 hours which averages 58 hours and 8.28 hours per day over 7 days. Its less than I had hoped for but Brava advised me not to wear it for longer periods until I was used to it, hence the build up in hours. I've got a spotty sweat rash in between my cleavage but this reacts well to hydro cortizone cream which I use thanks to this forum. I tried micropore tape but that made it itchier and worse in the morning. I'm like a zombie due to lack of sleep getting used to it at night. I've stopped wearing a bra as apparently that helps your skin recover .I am very pleased with the results so far and can't wait to take it off in the morning to see the result, my cleavage is back to what it used to be before I breast fed so I just need the will power now to stick it out. One surprising side effect which no-one seems to have covered yet is my increased libido ! Is it just me or is this normal ? My husband thinks the results are impressive in the morning but obviously this wears off during the day. Back in 7 days !

saira aslam
(no login) 7 days on.... September 28 2006, 2:01 PM

Ive purchased a Brava system second hand on ebay. I measured up to be a medium-wide, but the one available was a large-medium. I did'nt think this would make much difference. So far its been hard, was really impressed with the swelling on the first day, then since the the swelling has'nt is'nt so much when i take them off in the morning. Bad hurts even now and its 2p.m and Ive had them off since 8 this morning.I have little spots and a rash which itch like crazy once Im wearing them. Do you think as the size is larger than my measured size its causing these problems, also loss of suction at night, last night was so difficult had to keep adjusting them, but somehow air kept getting into them. PLEASE HELP?

lessons learned
(no login) some advice September 28 2006, 2:15 PM

For the rashes. Coat them with gold bond cortizone and neosporin during the day. It will help them heal. At night you can use vasilene or liquid bandaid on the spots. You have to coat them well. I use liquid bandaid until the area is well coated then I put rubber cement on top of the coated area. It is used as a seal in the med field so I figured as long as it is off my skin it is ok. I also use gold bond all over my breasts to eliviate any itching. As far as the seal. Are you using the smart box? I do not get enough suction this way so I switched to manual suction. You can buy the kit off of ebay or you can go to walmart and get the blue air valve for fish tanks. It costs 1.75 You have to use the rubber cement to coat the end of the vavle and the arrow has to face out to hold suction. Stay bigger with your domes you will out grow them very quickly if you are doing the manual method. I went from med to xls because I figured out that I would quickly outgrow the larges. Eightweeks left and counting!!- hopefully

Bella
(no login) First few days September 30 2006, 11:33 AM

Hello! I finally managed to buy the Brava system, but it wasn't without experiencing a few amusing difficulties...the system was supposed to be delivered to me over a week ago, but for some unknown reason, the couriers kept on failing to turn up at my house as scheduled but they had on record that they had turned up repeatedly but that there had been a 'unknown problem with the delivery'. After a few days and bit of detective work, it turned out that the reason why they had been unsuccessful in deliveringwas because someone had noted down my postcode wrongly, so they had been trying to deliver my Brava system to the secondary school opposite my house...!!

Anyway, I have now had and have used the system for two days. Got to say, it's not the most comfortable of things, is it?! The main problem I have had (apart from a bit of skin irritation) is back ache when trying to sleep - anyone got any tips on dealing with this? But it is pretty gratifying to see how your breasts do look after a night's wear of Brava - albeit only a temporary change for the moment! I have followed the tip of taking photos and so forth before starting the treatment and am keeping a diary of hours that the system has been worn for every day, so will keep you updated...

How's everyone else going with their treatments?

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Week 3 - backache October 4 2006, 1:46 PM

Hi, I've tried lying on my side at an angle to try and get rid of the back ache. I prop a pillow under my top leg and under the brava system to take the strain, then I put another pillow behind me to stop me rolling. It works to relieve the back ache but I also prop myself up with 3/4 pillows half way through the night. Anything to try and sleep ! The pump comes on sometimes but its getting less now . I suck the air out manually then connect the tubing back onto the airbox which seems to get a stronger suction going. I always clean my skin with an antiseptic wipe and wash my domes every morning with a very mild soap. The skin irritation has healed now with some coritizone cream. Touch wood this lasts ! Stick with it as I've gone up from a 34A/B to a 34C full cup in the morning and wearing down to a B by evening . Early days but it becomes second nature, I even managed a weekend away in a hotel !

meme
(no login) perserverence October 11 2006, 1:01 AM

Well it's week 8 now, don't you just love that morning feeling when you take those domes off?? and more importantly what you see in the mirror?
Being week 8 I can see the end is in sight, though I'm terrified of the loss I know to expect when i stop, but for now everything is rosy.
I even managed the last two nights to sleep on my stomach!!!!! yes really! careful placement of two firm pillows allowed the domes to 'hang' in the gap between and I slept like a baby.

Keep the rest of us posted y'all!

Bella
(no login) Update October 15 2006, 7:28 PM

Just thought I would give an update as it's been about a week or so since I did so last. I absolutely agree, it is fantastic to see the results first thing in the morning - and encouragingly, these results do seem to stay for longer as the days go on. The backache seems to have gone, which is great, and I am now a lot more used to sleeping on my back and using pillows, etc - another good thing is that my skin seems to be getting better used to the domes. I have had a little bit of a set back this week though - there have been three nights when I haven't been able to wear Brava because I have had to go away for a weekend with people from work, so there has been a definite decrease in the size that I have built up in the last 2 weeks (I have now been using Brava for just over two weeks), but I am still positive that this can be sorted out by a few hours of additional wear and possibly wearing the system for a couple of weeks longer than I had planned (especially as I was identified as a 'slow responder' from the start!), so I will let you know. I'm glad to hear that people are generally doing well with Brava though!

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Re: A positive supportive thread? October 23 2006, 12:32 PM

Sooooo glad this forum is here !! I need the encouragement you girls give me when I read this .
I'm still with you at start of wk 6 and I managed t get my stuff through the airport security without any queer looks from the staff !!! Thanks for the added advice re bra size above . I now know to wear my bigger bra or no bra at all.

Bravo to everyone for keeping going !!!

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Growth charts unavailable at Brava ! October 28 2006, 1:21 PM

Hi all,
I can't access my charts as I'm in the UK. The modem doesn't work !
In week 6 , when does the growth start ?
My skin has erupted like when I was a teenager , is this hormonal due to breast growth ? Does anyone know ?
Thanks

g lady
(Login gladesia) new user needs help October 28 2006, 7:07 PM

Thank you Lynn for responding back to me on the thread I posted. Does anyone know if the domes can be too wide. When I was using the smartbox it continuously ran for 10 minutes then beeps and I don't feel good suction. With the manual airlock I get some suction right away and I try to keep applying pressure by pressing down and zipping up the bra but I still feel air coming in and I don't feel a tugging or a good seal. I was wondering since I measured borderline wide medium/ narrow medium if anyone has experience with the possibility of my domes being too wide or any other suggestions as to why I can't get a good seal. I seem to feel air coming in on my sides, my husband looked and he thinks they are too wide for me. Could this be my problem? If it is I have to buy new domes but I would hate to do that and continue to have problems. I have not been able to wear my domes for more than about an hour because I can't get a seal after repositioning over and over again. Reading this thread is really motivating so I know this can work. If it weren't for you all posting I would have given up. Please help me get started!

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Lots of unanswered questions ?? November 6 2006, 3:51 PM

Ladies,

First welcome all the new girls trying whatever system they have ....if you all check in the various threads in these pages you will get answers to all your questions . especially in this one above...... we are all using at present and have had similar problems !!

I lost suction last night for a whole night .......don't know why but my box did not go off ....must have forgotten to switch it on !!! Oh well away to put it on early to try and make up the time.

I'm on Stage 3 of my cradle ....is that good.....I don't know what this means ??

Cheers Lynn

Backache_be_gone
(no login) Backache!! Please help November 15 2006, 5:47 AM

Hi, Brava girls,

I am in wk 3 of wearing Brava, the result is still "foggy" but my backache just killing me. I ccould not bent my body and just walk like a 90 years old lady.

I try to wear Brava on day time so I don't need to wear while sleep. But I could not do it everyday (the consequence is "unemployee" big bosom ^_*). Please help!!

Thanks,

Bridget
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? November 15 2006, 7:45 AM

Back pain is to be expected with brava. It's a normal part of the experience, don't worry about it. It's just something that comes with wearing brava.

Liz
(no login) How's the process going November 15 2006, 10:16 PM

Hey girls,

I just wanted to see how everyone was doing on Brava. I will be making an appointment with a doctor soon for a consultation and hopefully wearing brava starting in January. I know a lot of you should be pretty far along in the process by now. And for those who are just starting I'd like to hear from you too. I already know that it's gonna be a lot of work but hopefully it will be worth it. Anyone have any positive things to report??

Bella
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? November 18 2006, 11:50 AM

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I gave an update of my progress, so here it is!

I am now in week 7 of wearing Brava - practically speaking, it's not been possible for me to wear the system for 11 hours or more each day so I probably average about 8-11 per day and then try and compensate by wearing longer wherever I can (and especialy on weekends). The growth that I have had in the morning has been great - and is pretty much how I would like to remain by the end of this! Not sure what size I am in the morning, but I fill the bras out that I never used to be able to fill which is really encouraging. That effect seems to stay for about 10 hours, and then starts reducing a bit (but I am still bigger than I was - although we aren't talking anything dramatic here!!).

The airlock seems to be less strong these days, not quite sure why - but I suck out the air before attaching the smart box (and do this each time the seal is broken, which is about once a night) and that seems to work really well. My back ache is much better, and my skin seems to be less irritated - I think this might be because the adhesive on the domes has started to come off over time and so reacts less with my skin - but that hasn't affected my ability to get or keep a seal.

I think the hardest thing that I have found about Brava over time is the psychological part, keeping positive and seeing this treatment through til the end, so it would be great if you could all keep writing your experiences on this thread regularly because I have found that it's really helped me! I intend to keep wearing the system for another 2 months at least (so about 16 weeks minimum) as I am a slow responder and have also had a few days when I haven't been able to wear the system at all. So I shall let you know how it goes!!!!

Hope that you are all doing well with your treatments and please keep us updated!

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Re: A positive supportive thread? November 29 2006, 5:30 PM

Hi everyone,
I'm so fed up, in week 11 now and recently I keep loosing suction at night. Any ideas ??
I need some encouragement , anyone else further ahead and are your results starting to show ?? I know I'm bigger in the morning but keeping the wear time up at this moment , given my ever increasing Xmas social life is getting harder. My inlaws are coming for 3 days and I don't know how I'm going to get my usual weekend top up done ??
Would I be better stopping at week 15 and then restarting in a few months ? Thats another one I'm not sure off, or should I just keep going until week 22 say ??
Any thoughts and help very welcome .
Thanks

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER hi November 29 2006, 6:09 PM

i am actually Considering a different suction device. could you just take a xmas break and start a brand new cycle in january. i really wish more people would add to this brava forum. i like to read what is going on.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: A positive supportive thread? November 30 2006, 3:28 AM

hi lynn! so you've been using for 11 weeks, any results to talk about? i'm awaiting my device; i've checked on ups website and delivery is on time for dec.1. i would really like to know about your progress

backache_be_gone
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? November 30 2006, 5:14 AM

Hello,

Good news - my backache has gone. It lasts for about one week and was getting better after I put a pillow under the thigh.

Bad news - I am in week 5 and trully a "slow responder". I have some growth in the morning but does not last long. The very minial gain at the end of day also seems gone after Thanksgiven "break". We went out of town during the holidays to visit some friends and stay at friends home, so I was not able to wear Brava for 4 days. The gain seems all gone.... very discouraging.

In addition, the sticky film on the rim of one my dome starts peeling. It is near armpit and is about the size of quarter. I think it causes lossing presure during the night and moring growth was not so obvious recently. Is there any way to put the sticky film back? Any "glue" would work?

Thanks,

Bella
(no login) Re: A positive supportive thread? November 30 2006, 12:25 PM

Hi,

Not quite sure what to suggest about the tackiness coming off - I definitely don't think that you should try and glue it back, just because your skin might be sensitive to the adhesive that you use. It may be worth asking your supplier to give you new domes? Glad to hear that your back ache is better!

Recently I had some problems with the system - the suction didn't seem as good and so there was less of a seal (despite sucking the air out before using the Smart box), which meant that the air escaped on a number of nights without me realising and that was quite demoralising as that sets you back. But I rang up my suppliers and explained, and it turned out that the Smart box was defective and so they sent me a new one the next day which has worked well ever since. Generally, I found that it helps to put the domes on when you are bent over forwards, as the tacky sides then seem to fit better to my body than if I was doing this standing up normally.

I am just about on week 9, and my experience has been good so far - the growth is better in the morning and does stay for longer. On those days when I have not been able to wear it at all, I do go back to a much smaller size but it is definitely a bit bigger than when I started. Obviously, I can't speak for how I would look in the long term once I stop using the system, but I have found that encouraging so far - especially as I often can't wear it for more than 7-8 hours at a time.

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Re: A positive supportive thread? November 30 2006, 6:30 PM

Hi Di and Bella,
Well by week 11 I would definetly say I have started to finally see a difference in the evening.
I am still a full B cup where as before I started I was a very small B , barely there ! Real growth from week 5 onwards and I have had no breaks in my time . Remember they say that one day lost is the same as loosing a week !
I have to say that my BEST results where when I wore the system for more than 12 hours over the weekend . I reached Stage 3 on my smartbox cradle but for some reason it has gone back to Stage 1, after a weekend away where my wear time went down on average !
I've bought some fabulous bras from TK Maxx this week to boast my self esteem . Edina Ronay etc for a few pounds . Can't recommend this more as a lift !
I lost some silicon , about size of a penny, early on and it left a small grove but it's been fine.
I'm interested that they replaced your smart box as I am beginning to wonder if mine might be playing up, unfortunately I have no comeback to Brava as my guarantee has run out. I'm going to order more filters though and hope this helps with the suction .
I'm going to keep going for as long as my husband can tolerate this .....I sleep in the spare room at present and I know he misses me. I keep the bed warmer apparently !
I think I will post my results at some time, I've got photo's from week 1 and week 6 at present, but I find it hard to be judge . Maybe the forum will be better at this than me.
I must say that I tried E***c pills and heah they make you bigger BUT it doesn't last . They also make you lactate and after you stop taking them all growth/swelling goes . I didn't like having leaky breasts again either !!
Keep posting as you guys are the only ones I have to tell I'm doing this !
Lynn

Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Re: A positive supportive thread? November 30 2006, 6:31 PM

Hi Dandelion, I forgot to put your name on the above, my apologies. It was also to you !
Lynn
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon