Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

how long can brand new brava domes last

how long can brand new brava domes last
August 28 2008 at 9:26 PM Jennifer (no login)
It's my 10th week wearing brava now. I'm planning to wear it for as long as I could. Like louise,seri and some other ladies did in this forum. These brava domes i got them brand new from brava comp. I have been cleaning them with the dome cleanser carefully. I have never used the airlock on them, so there is no extra pressure what so ever except sportbox. Just wondering how long can i keep using these domes before they retire on me. I don't want to buy another set since I'm not sure by then if I'll need to go to a larger size or not. They only offer 30-days limited warrenty. I don't want to let the new ones sitting there without use so I cann't tell if they will break down in 30 days or not. But I do want to keep wearing brava everyday without skipping days. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
jennifer

Livinonaprayer
(no login)
Re: how long can brand new brava domes last August 29 2008, 1:59 PM

I bought my Large Wide Domes direct from Brava and never used airlock - only sportbox and also cleaned them faithfully with the Dome Cleanser and I put 11 weeks on the first cycle and 20 weeks the second cycle with a total of 2628 hours and they started showing signs that they might not have much time left after all those hours. They remained tacky and the silicone stayed firm but I started to notice along the edge where the silicone adheres to the plastic that they might begin to separate but have not yet. They have been in my closet for a few months now and I plan to wear them again in the fall with the anticipation that I'll probably have to buy a new pair. If you take care of them, they should last quite a while.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
Re: how long can brand new brava domes last August 29 2008, 8:02 PM

My first pair were direct from Brava, in the UK they don't come with dome cleaner so I washed daily with baby shampoo - grew out of them in 6 weeks. Next got the narrow XL from Brava - the sticky annoyed me so I rubbed it off. Started to get skin problems so started to care for my skin and not bother about the domes, they still lasted 24 weeks and I covered them in body lotion, washed every few days and airlocked as hard as I could - much much better than the smartbox! I think it's just luck as to whether your domes last - put your skin first. I have a scar which is round 2mm in diameter and about 0.5mm raised - luckily my skin's really pale so it's not very noticeable.

jennifer
(no login)
Re: how long can brand new brava domes last August 30 2008, 5:28 PM

Thanks a lot Livinonaprayer and Louise for the reply. My domes are still tacky and hopefully will last another 20-30 wks. I hope the reason I need to buy another set of domes is because of growing out of this set, not for the reason that these domes are falling apart and become useless.
Anyway, I have been reading this forum quite often. And was very encouraged by many of you. The dedication and the persistence have really paid off. You guys are very well deserved. And I want to give you girls big applause. To others who also spent time and the sacrifices, but did not see any promising results, my heart is with you too. I can sense the disappointment and I can feel the pain. To me, I have decided to give myself a chance as well as the brava system. I will try to wear it for as long as I could( the longest time I can possiblly do this is about 36-40 weeks before I will start travelling). It seems like I can only keep it on 12-13 HR a day. No matter what the consequences are, I guess I'll have to accept it. I pray to God to grant my wishes. I try to remind myself to count my other blessings. I would like to send each of you some words I like dearly:
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly,
Leave the rest to God.
I guess this would be something I have to leave it to God's hands. Because I don't trust the doctors enough to have the courage going through the operations on me.
Thanks again for your supports to the rest of us who needed.
Jennifer

StacyEllen
(no login)
Re: how long can brand new brava domes last September 4 2008, 4:29 PM

My domes have lasted for approximately 40 weeks of wear...I can still use them when I need a break from the new ones, which are more irritating because of such new stickiness. I only ordered new ones because I was afraid one of these nights I would bend over and the domes would fall off. (not too much stickiness left, but they do stay on with good suction) I think domes can last quite a while if you take good care of them and don't outgrow them.

how long did your domes last?
March 17 2010 at 11:16 AM missbob (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey
I have done a total of 20 weeks with my domes and have not outgrown them (wide large)
they seem to still work fine, ive just started another round of 20 weeks
I was just wondering how long peoples domes have lasted?
I take good care of mine, wash them every day.
I wonder why brava says u will need new domes after 4-8 weeks because they will lose stickiness??
probably trying to make more money
good luck to everyone!!

Author Reply
J.J.
(no login) Re: how long did your domes last? April 1 2010, 8:12 PM

I am currently using a pair (purchased new from Brava by me) that I have used for about 50 weeks total, no missed nights. They started really breaking down (silicone filling is no longer cohesive) about 2 weeks ago. They look pretty bad, but are still sticky and I don't have any problem getting them to stay on all night. I am planning to use these a few more weeks and then take a break for the summer.

I use an airlock, which is a little harder on the domes than if you use the sport box, because I use higher pressure. Possibly if you use the sport box thing the domes could last longer.

how long do domes last?
March 27 2009 at 12:59 AM edp84 (Login edp84)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i was wondering how long most people's domes lasted?
i dont wanna have to buy new domes, they're expensive

also do you think manual airlock gets better results than the smartbox because you can suck out more air?
i have sucked out the air tight for 5 mins sometimes and the swelling is better
is this damaging for the domes sucking it really tight?
thanks for your help

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: how long do domes last? March 27 2009, 6:04 AM

I am on my second set of domes in 21 weeks. The first set lost their tackiness and also developed a rip in the silicone because the rims rolled in too much from manual airlock. I really don't notice a huge difference between the smartbox and the airlock. I seem to get the same swelling either way, so I tend to think the smartbox might be easier on the silicone rims. But, I hate having the smartbox dangling off me, so I use the manual airlock when I am awake and then the smartbox at night so I don't lose suction.

Brava users, information please
April 22 2008 at 10:52 PM Sammy (Login Sammy_08)

Hey, I'm new to the forum.

I recently bought a Brava system from eBay (unused) and wondered what else I would have recieved if I had bought it new? I have some printed information, the domes, tubing and black crop top.

Not going to start yet since I'm losing weight and I want it to go as smoothly as possible.

Any suggestions and advice would be very much welcomed.

Thanks a lot,

Sammy.

Author Reply
livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Brava users, information please April 23 2008, 2:06 PM

The sport system $895 direct from Brava comes with:

10 filters
t-tubing
brava bra
bra lingerie bag
sport box with 2 AA batteries
instruction manual
sport box cleaning kit (tray and syringe)
set of domes with rack and box for storage

Edit Message Delete Message

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER starting. April 24 2008, 6:21 AM

Go for it now while the domes fit. if you loose to much breast tissue the domes may be to large to wear and will not give you the results.

I lost 60 pounds during the 54 weeks i wore the system and still went up 2 cups.

Louise
(no login) Re: Brava users, information please April 30 2008, 3:10 PM

I lost 15 lbs and gained 1.5 cups in 30 weeks.

Sammy
(Login Sammy_08) Your responses May 26 2008, 11:26 PM

Thanks for all your responses. I'm actually underweight at the moment so the way I see it I don't have much tissue to build on anyway. I know that when it gets colder in the winter I'll start putting the pounds back on, so I'm thinking that might be a better time to start?

Its really encouraging to hear about the great results you've all had while losing weight though. My body tends to do things a little bit differently to the 'norm' so I hope I manage to see a difference too.

I don't have the smartbox with mine, but I heard that wasn't necessary anyway...

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava users, information please May 27 2008, 11:28 AM

The good thing about starting in winter is that you don't have to worry about the marks showing as you can cover up with jumpers. Also if you have hot summers where you live you can get quite sweaty and uncomfortable wearing massive plastic domes!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon