Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

How can I store Brava domes?

How can I store Brava domes?
June 16 2010 at 4:12 PM Hannah_bk (Login Hannah_bk)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I was using Brava for about 9weeks and found out I got pregnant! Now I can't use Brava until I finish breast feeding.. Is anybody know how to store the Brava domes for about a year or so without losing it's tackiness. Please let me know. Thanks!

Author Reply
brava buyer
(no login) not sure June 17 2010, 11:37 AM

hi there iam not sure how you would store them but if you are looking to sell the system and repurchase when the baby arrives please let me know iam looking to buy a system.
cheers
thought i would offer this suggestion anyway as a alternative just in case they cant be stored.

Edit Message Delete Message

DollyAmbition
(no login) Re: How can I store Brava domes? June 20 2010, 7:50 AM

I would store them in the box they came in. So long as they are covered, I do not think dust will be able to get in. My understanding is that dust from being just left out is what makes them loose tackiness prematurely. And if they are dry, I hear "It Stays" body adhesive works well. Good luck.

packing brava
June 27 2009 at 7:19 AM ebob (Login edp84)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how can i pack brava when traveling
i was going to put glad wrap (cling wrap?) over the silicone to keep it sticky
are there any problems with customs?
thanks for your help

Author Reply
trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: packing brava June 27 2009, 9:01 PM

Oh, I've done plenty of travel with brava. First time I took the whole bloody box as I was so desperate to keep the domes in tip top shape. It was a nightmare lugging it around! Now I just pop one inside the other, and into a plastic bag. Takes up far less room, and the domes retain their shape and sticky perfectly. If you put them in your suitcase to be checked in, you should be fine!

Taking Brava on a plane
June 12 2007 at 12:10 PM Louise (no login)

Has anyone taken a brava system through customs? I'm worried what it would look like on the xray machine when they xray the luggage....I'd be mortified if they pulled it out and demanded to know what it was!! (I was thinking of putting it in my husband's luggage and going through very separately so he can just say it's for his wife without me being present but he's Arab and don't want him to get arrested!!) What bits of it are metal?

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Brava metal June 12 2007, 2:34 PM

the domes themselves are all plastic and silicone no metal parts at all. same with the tubing of course the smart box has electronics inside so some metal. You could build yourself or buy a airlock basically a fish air/backflow device designed to keep water out of an air pump works just fine to keep the vacume inside the domes no metal parts in that everything you need for it is available at pretty much any fish tank supply store.

Louise
(no login) Re: Taking Brava on a plane June 12 2007, 3:31 PM

Could I take the smartbox through in hand luggage and put it through the xray - how big is it and could it be mistaken for a personal stereo?!

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Smartbox June 12 2007, 5:55 PM

The smartbox is very tiny about 2 by 1.5 by 1" doesn't weigh much either. I don't think you would have an issue. some inspectors might get curious since i doubt any of them have ever seen one. but i would put it in your stowed luggage to be safe. they may confiscate the thing and they are not cheap. And pick up the airlock device i described. Atleast as a backup.

One other word of advice go pick up a nice racerback zip front sport bra they are so much more comfortable than the brava bra. the domes are slightly exposed but the bra works just fine and doesn't scratch give you underarm rash.

pleease read and help...
July 23 2007 at 9:40 PM Lost Sheep (no login)

hey girls... im just wondering about my brava system. i brought it a few months ago but havent yet been able to use it. im starting university soon and i know i wont be able to commit to it properly nd for the required amount of time untill i finish which will be in three years time. If i keep my brava system fully packaged up as it came, it will still work in 3 years time wont it? this is my only worry, after spending so much money i hope it will still work after not being used for so long... what do you all think?

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER brava on the shelf July 24 2007, 1:23 AM

If you have the sport box set as long as you take the batteries out you should be fine some of the product may not last due to evaporation. Not sure what the shelf life of those are. The domes should last as long as not in a high temp humidity area.

However if you have read the forum. Diana got pretty decent results in only 7 weeks of wear. So if you can get 7 weeks of 14 hour sessions you should see atleast some improvment if you are going to respond at all to the system.

If it is the smartbox system the batteries will fail and will not recharge if left uncharged for more than a couple months.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Dry Clean Your Sportbox/Smarbox Monthly July 26 2007, 1:53 PM

I am delaying starting my second cycle until next year (completed an 11-week cycle in June). Brava Coach suggested taking out batteries during storage and then once a month run a dry-cleaning cycle for 1 - 3 hours and then remove the batteries again (doing this monthly until ready to use again).

travel and Brava
November 19 2008 at 8:16 AM roakie (Login roakie)

Can anyone give me some advice on how to pack the Brava domes for travel? How do you protect the sticky dome rims and pack the domes in a suitcase? They came with plastic over them in the original packing but I threw that away. I know the system came with a cardboard box that I can place the domes in, but what do I place over the tacky surface?

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: travel and Brava November 19 2008, 7:49 PM

When I went to Hong Kong I was worried about them losing my luggage so I took 2 sets of domes each with tubes and an airlock. I put each dome separately in a plastic bag and they were fine. I didn't bother taking the big cardboard boxes I just took the plastic drying racks. It's important to put all your booby stuff in the hold not put it through hand luggage where it'll be pulled out and waved around by the sirport staff. The domes won't show up on xray so no-one will see them in your main suitcase. I decided not to take the smartbox as it's got metal parts that may show up on xray and look like a bomb!

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: travel and Brava November 20 2008, 1:51 AM

Thanks, Louise. I will put my one set of domes in my luggage that goes on the plane, rather than take it as carry-on. Hopefully, it won't get lost as those are the only domes I have. I will have to bring the smart box also since the manual suction doesn't seem to work for me. I will keep trying.

I am just in my third week, averaging 16 hours per day. I have only four weeks to go before I leave for my 8-day trip where I can't use any suction. I am hoping against hope that I find I have achieved a little bit of growth that doesn't disappear, even if it is only and inch. I wish I could just keep going like this for the full twelve weeks at this point, but I can't. I will have to start all over when I get home and go for about three months, but I sure am hoping that I can be like Lisa, I believe it was, and be one of the few who retains some growth in only six weeks of intense effort.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: travel and Brava November 20 2008, 8:16 PM

If nothing else hopefully you will have got to the point where you get bigger swelling because your skin is more stretched. I know when I came back to Brava after a 3 month break it was even easier than ever. It really doesn't affect me at all any more so I'm hoping to put in 6-8months (and the last 3 have flown by!) then have a break over summer and then probably a third session.

Traveling with Brava
March 4 2008 at 8:21 PM herekittykitty (no login)

so i am going on a 5-day trip and want to continue brava. i bought the noogleberry hoping that (1) it would be smaller and easier to pack and (2) it would require less time. unfortunately, the system just came and the domes are way too small so i think that bright idea is out. louise recommended i pack 2 sets of domes (not sure why) but i simply can't -- i have 2 kids and barely have enough room to spare for 1 set of domes. the main question i have is, can i pack my domes right after i use and wash them? my flight is in the morning so they won't have time to dry out -- will this damage the domes? will they become moldy sitting inside a damp ziploc bag in my luggage? i was thinking i should poke holes in the bags so a little bit of air can get in. assuming they don't get moldy, can i wear them that night even if they're damp?

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: Traveling with Brava March 4 2008, 9:49 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean you needed 2 sets, just saying I took 2 suitcases so put one complete set in each in case one got lost. When you take them off just don't wash them! Wipe the inside hard plastic part with a damp tissue then a dry one and leave the silicone part untouched. For the last couple of months of my session I got lazy with washing them and just did it about 2x weekly and it made no difference. In general there's no reason you can't wear them if they're not dry (no different to wearing them with water to fill the domes) but you can only do this with an airlock. Any moisture will ruin your smartbox. I never had chance to wash them in the mornings as our bathroom is downstairs and I wasn't going to walk in carrying them so I used to wash mine in the evening, dry with tissue or preferably kitchen roll then put them straight on. Once the sticky had come off the domes I could also dry that part with tissue without getting fluff everywhere.

Hope this makes a bit more sense! Happy hols!

boobylove
(Login boobylove) traveling with BB or brava in plane March 15 2008, 4:06 PM

i know its a bit paronoid but what are the chances that the airport service thing am bringing some dodgy machine with me on plan ?
i am paronoid of the idea having my BB or brava taken out by security in middle of the airport!!!

boobylove

xxx

Louise
(no login) Re: Traveling with Brava March 15 2008, 7:41 PM

I wouldn't put either in hand luggage, what goes in the hold in your main suitcase is xrayed not searched, the Brava gear is plastic except the batteries in the smartbox (I only took the homemade airlock which is all plastic) so it won't show up.

No way would I take the BB on a plane - it's a big metal box which looks like a bomb!

herekittykitty
(no login) Re: Traveling with Brava March 16 2008, 5:39 AM

i would not bring the smartbox at all. if you put it in your carryon you risk having problems with security and if you pack it, you risk it being broken. also, it greatly simplifies things to only have to bring the domes, catch valve and tubing.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon