Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Homemade Airlock

Homemade Airlock
August 23 2010 at 12:13 AM Nelly (Login Nelly555)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm a New User of Brava System. And I want to know how to make a Homade Airlock or where I can buy one.

Author Reply
kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) Re: Homemade Airlock August 25 2010, 5:23 AM

You can use the Brava tubing and get a check valve at your local pet or aquarium store(Walmart also has them in the pet dept). Attach the check valve to the tubing where you would normally hook up the smart box. That's all there is to it. The check valve will let you suck the air out of the domes but not let the air escape to break the suction. It only allows the air to travel one way--just be sure you have the correct end of the check valve attached to the tubing. Good luck!

Edit Message Delete Message

Nelly
(Login Nelly555) Re: Homemade Airlock August 25 2010, 6:06 PM

Thank yuo very much for your help. Also, do you think If I suck the air with my mouth and then put the sport box it will work, because my sportbox is working fine but the pressure is slow. What do you think?? Also are you doing Brava too? Do y7ou see any results? Thank you very much!!

kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) Homemade Airlock August 27 2010, 5:36 AM

I forgot to tell you(I'm sure you already figured it out by now!)that you have to take off the little plastic piece on the tubing that hooks into the smart box. Then the check valve will just slip on the tubing.

And, yes, I have used the airlock, then attached the smartbox before I went to bed. That way I start out the night with a little more pressure. Be careful, though, when using the airlock. It's tempting to use too much pressure and cause your boobs to turn purple. So take it easy at first--not too much pressure.

I have been doing Brava for about a year and a half now--with a couple of 1 month breaks in there at various times. I grew from very flat, pretty much NO breasts(and what I did have was deflated and saggy)to a B cup. I have been trying to reach a C cup but my growth rate seems to have slowed down over the last few months and I'm having trouble getting there. So I grew about 4-5 inches in all and now my breasts are perky and firm. It gave me a "lift" too which is nice Smile I'm going to keep trying for a bit longer and see if I can grow more. If not, I'll work on symetry because my right boob is smaller than my left one. It would be nice to even them out!

How Do You Use the Tubing Instead of Box?
June 12 2007 at 10:03 PM Wendy (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read earlier about using some type of valve and tube for aquarium tanks to seal the domes. How exactly to you do that? I have the smartbox and T-Tubing and if it malfunctions, I'd love to have a backup so I don't miss a day but I don't understand for sure what to buy and how it works. Thanks.

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Airlock June 13 2007, 12:21 AM

Go to any pet supply store that has fish tanks and tell them you want a check valve. place the check valve so that the air will flow out when you suck on the valve. what i did was bought the tubing that fits the checkvalve it also fits the domes make a T connector just like the one brava uses and instead of the nice silicone tubeing use the checkvalve and purchased tubing or you can use the brava it doesn't matter other than for ease. very simple once you see the valve.

Wendy
(no login) Re: How Do You Use the Tubing Instead of Box? June 13 2007, 12:04 PM

Thank you very much for the instructions. I'll have to give that a try. I'd rather use that as a backup than buy another box!

Airlock Homemade
January 18 2008 at 7:09 PM Louise (Login Louise1982)
Making this a new post as there are quite a lot of newbies who may have missed this discussion a few months ago:

Anyone who wants an airlock should make their own out of fish tank tubing, it takes about 5 minutes and costs about £2! Boticelli is a total rip off!

There are detailed instructions how to make an airlock if you go back through past posts or if you can't find it let me know and I'll copy and paste.

Yingster1
(Login yingster1)
Re: Airlock rip-off January 22 2008, 4:13 PM

Hi Louise,

I tried very hard and could not locate the do-it-yourself airlock post. Can you help me find it?

BTW, I was the Woolly Sheep (name randomly assigned by network54) in the newbie suction post. I want to thank you for your tips. I tried it as per your suggestion, and have not had a suction problem again.

Thanks so much! Brava Master coach.

Monica

Yingster1
(Login yingster1)
Found the post January 22 2008, 4:50 PM

Louise,

Sorry for the bother. I found it. I am reposting it here for reference.

If you want to use an airlock making it yourself is v v cheap, you need 3 small pieces of 6mm (1/4 inch) fish tank tubing, a T connector and a one-way valve, attach the bits to make a T shape, attach the two horizontal arms to the domes, suck the air out with your mouth and stick the valve in the vertical tube. I've done this for quite a few weeks and it's been fine but after a couple of months the tubing is less elastic and the valve fits less tightly so I just replaced the tube.

________

Yep, the check valve is what you need. If you get it the right way round (mine has a white arrow) you can suck it but not blow. Also if you don't use a valve (or if you're boobs are uneven and you want to give different amounts of suction) folding the tubing over is enough to stop air escape, then you can use a bull dog clip / clothes peg / tape / rubber band or whatever.

Thanks!

home made airlock
July 7 2008 at 3:48 PM jennifer (no login)
I'm a new brava user. i'm on my second week now. so glad to find this web site where i see many women using the system and very helpful experiences and suggestions. Thanks to everyone!
I'm a small breast woman and as far as i can remember, i always feel amberrased and shamed. I still remember the first time my husband saw my breasts, he said:"they are so small." It was 15 years ago and my married is still fine with my tiny breasts, but i just couldn't forget what he said. I didn't get upset with him or anything. I know i have been very self-conscious about that issue. There are many times i shy away from beaches and swimming pool activities.
Any way. Long story short. I have tried breast active which is herb pills that supposed to grow breast, but it didn't on me. I brougt brava sport and hoping this will make a difference on me. I really hope! Yesterday was the last day of my second week. I was searching aimlessly on the website for more info. on brava. And I found this forum. I thought at least I can post something to share with each of you and join the group.
I do have a question. How to make an airlock myself. I don't want the sportbox suddenly broke on me then i'll loss all my previous time and effort. At least, i can have a back up.
Thanks a lot!
Jennifer

Roseability86
(Login roseability86)
Re: home made airlock July 13 2008, 1:35 AM

When I used Brava I was only using the dome on my left breast to try to even the two of em out, so I used to manually suck the air out of the dome and then bend the tubing and put an elastic band around it to hold the suction. It worked well. I guess you could do that for both breasts, and say "3 deep breaths in for each" or something to try to get an equal suction. I don't know about the T-junction that comes with airlocks on ebay, you might be able to buy them separately.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
Re: home made airlock July 14 2008, 2:32 AM

you can use fish tank tubing, a T-connector, and a check valve. The check valve will allow you to suck the air out and not let it leak back in.

jennifer
(no login)
Re: home made airlock July 14 2008, 2:39 PM

thank you both so much for answering my question. i'll go to the fish store to get the tubing and stuff. Do you guys know any replacement for dome cleanser and no-sting skin-prep. I'm not sure how much they cost from Brava. thinking to go to the Medical supply store to see if they might carry them. Any idea?

How to use Brava without the smartbox?
April 24 2007 at 5:57 AM E (no login)
I know some people use their brava without the smartbox...I'm curious how you do that?

Does it have to do with squeezing the domes onto your chest to get rid of all the air...then clamping the tubes?

Is that better or worse?

Any suggestions..info..input!

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
use brava without smartbox April 24 2007, 6:07 AM

that is one method. other is to get a check valve from a pet supply store and suck the air out pinch the tubes then stick the valve on and continue...Otherwise known as an airlock

Manual airlock question
November 11 2008 at 6:30 AM roakie (Login roakie)

I have taken the advice of Stacy, Louise, and others and decided I had better learn how to create my own airlock by sucking out the air on my own in case the smartbox breaks. Tonight, I put on the skin protector, tried to hold the two domes in place on my chest, and attempted to suck out the air through the brava tubing on my own. There was no way I could create enough suction to create a tight seal and hold the domes in place on my chest. I can suck more air out once the smartbox has done its initial job, but not before. The domes just fall off. I think this is because I need both arms to hold them tightly underneath the armpits where they gap quite a bit until the smartbox sucks all the air out.

If my smartbox breaks, how in the heck do I do this initial suction by mouth? Any advice? Am I doing something wrong? Should I be doing one at a time?

Author Reply
StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Manual airlock question November 11 2008, 3:19 PM

Roakie, I did not have any trouble sucking the air out myself. I place the domes where I want them, and hold them in place (pushing on them) while I hold the tube (mine is long enough to reach my mouth, is yours?) with my teeth. Then I suck, bite down (just enough to clamp the air) while I get more air, and do this over and over until I can let go of the domes (they stay on by themselves after I have sucked 4 or 5 times) then I squeeze the tubing with my finger once I am comfortable with the amount of suction and bend it over and secure it with an elastic. I am trying to visualize why you would have trouble sucking the air out while holding on the domes and I am not sure why it isn't working, unless you aren't relying on your teeth to keep air pressure between taking breaths.

Hope this helps.

I get better swelling and suction from this method than I ever did from the smartbox, and I never have to worry about this method dying on me! I wish I had done this the other years when I used Brava. With the smartbox, for whatever reason, the pressure was good somedays and stinky others. Some days I had great swelling and other days they were barely swollen, it was like a wasted night! Sucking the air out myself gives me much better control over everything.3

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Manual airlock question November 11 2008, 3:37 PM

Thanks, Stacy. I will try again tonight. The problem I think I am having is that there is such a big gap on each side of the dome where my pectoral muscle transitions into my armpit that I have to squeeze the domes inward tightly from either side while I try to get suction. When I have the smartbox working on creating suction, I have my fingers over the top of the domes and my thumbs pushing the gummy rims into the hollows at my armpits until the suction is created. My arms and hands get SO tired. Last night when I tried sucking the air out through the tubing (yes, it is long enough to reach my mouth), I just could not get enough suction to pull that hollow area under my armpits tight enough to hold. But, I will try again and see if I can do it. I agree - I am afraid the smartbox will give out and I will be left with nothing. So far, after just one week, it is still going strong but I have a long way to go.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Manual airlock question November 11 2008, 7:27 PM

Stacey,

Do you use anything on your skin to help hold the domes in place while you do the manual suction? Do you use those no-sting skin preps that sort of create a glue? I just tried doing it again when I took the domes off this morning and I can't get any suction at all, even when trying to press all the way around.

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Manual airlock question November 13 2008, 12:34 PM

yes, I always use the prep wipes.

Tina
(no login) Re: Manual airlock question November 13 2008, 3:38 PM

Do you wash your chest area before using no-sting wipes? Make sure it is completely dry and with no lotion. Use baby shampoo, not a moisturing body wash.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Manual airlock question November 15 2008, 7:40 PM

Please please please girls make sure you moisturise properly - leaving your skin dry is how you get a rash!

Use whatever skin products you normally use for your skin and wash the domes in baby shampoo (although I've used showergel a few times and don't think it matters really). Changing your skin products at the same time as giving your skin the stress of Brava will give a lot of unnecessary itching. I gave up on the expensive Brava dome prep after a while and just used liquid evening primrose oil or cheap body lotion and it was fine - you just need to clean it off the domes in the morning.

What I want to know is what idiot thought it was a good idea to make the domes sticky?!?!? They need suction to hold them on anyway and the sticky just irritates the skin - obviously a man!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon