Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

code red: i broke my smartbox

Dry clean cycle
July 26 2007 at 2:22 PM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I asked about this before but just wanted to check how long you need to run the smartbox for? I've been doing it till the alarm goes which is about 10mins - is this long enough?

Author Reply
livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Dry clean cycle July 27 2007, 1:16 AM

Brava recommends a MINIMUM of 10 mins (you have to turn off the alarm to run longer than 10 mins). Their orientation checklist states 1 - 3 hours is best for sportbox. I don't know if it is the same for smartbox. I faithfully cleaned mine for about 2 hours each time and never had a malfunction of any kind. I also replaced my AAA batteries every 10 days.

help! smartbox attachment lost!
April 7 2009 at 2:09 AM roakie (Login roakie)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know that tiny piece that attaches to the top of the smartbox filter that the tubing from the domes attaches to? Well, I lost it on a trip this weekend. I can't figure out how to use the smartbox now, since I can't get the end of the tubing to fit over the filter top. Also, trigger mentioned using the noogleberry pump with the brava to get a better airlock. I ordered the pump, but now can't fit the tubing over the little nozzle on the pump.

Does anyone have any ideas for a replacement part? I am now limited to using my suction, only, and I was using the smartbox as backup at night so I wouldn't lose suction without realizing it.

I doubt Brava is going to send me that tiny little piece. If they did, it would probably cost $20!!!!!

Author Reply
trigger
(no login) Re: help! smartbox attachment lost! April 7 2009, 6:43 PM

I'm pretty sure (now that you've got the tube on!), that you'll find you get great suction with the pump, and don't lose any of it during the night. I haven't lost suction once yet, using it.

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: help! smartbox attachment lost! April 7 2009, 10:18 PM

I doubt this will help but when I first started using the system I didn't use the piece because I didn't know it exsisted. I was however surprized on how hard it was to attach the tuping on the filter but I did it for a week until I found it attached to another filter in the box. So it is possible not to use it.

brava filters with smartbox
December 15 2007 at 2:10 PM Tori (no login)

hi I wondered if anyone could tell me what Im supposed to do with filters that come with the brava system once they're used. I recently bought the brava system with smartbox, but not from brava. In the instruction manual it says the filters should be changed everyday, but each filter can be used up to 10 times. Does this mean Im supposed to wash them? I dont understand that you're supposed to change them every day but can be used up to 10 times. Wouldnt this mean you could leave the same filter on for 10 days before changing it. Just found this confusing! Am sure its very simple and Im just not understanding! x

Author Reply

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: brava filters with smartbox December 15 2007, 3:01 PM

Hi, yeah it is kind of confusing at first. I wasn't sure at the beginning either. As far as I know, you don't have to throw them away. Just rotate them. If you sweat a lot rotate every day, if it's not that bad rotate every couple days or so, let them dry out, then you can use them again.

I don't know anything about washing them though.

Edit Message Delete Message

Tori
(no login) Re: brava filters with smartbox December 15 2007, 4:09 PM

ok that makes sense, thanks for your advice. I dont sweat alot so am hoping the filters that came with it will be enough to last a least one course!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: brava filters with smartbox December 15 2007, 6:07 PM

What I did was labelled a small ziplock bag for each day of the week and each day used the corresponding filter and left the others to dry in the open bags - this means you change each filter daily and give each a week to dry. I saved 3 spares in case any got broken.

You're not supposed to wash any of it in water or use the wet clean method descibed in the manual. To clean the smartbox you run a dry clean cycle which is to leave it running with the filter attached but no tubing every day after yo finish your session. I used to leave it to run for 10 mins until the alram went but other people cleaned for longer.

If you go to a pet shop or the aquarium section in a supermarket you can by fish tank tubing, a T-connector and a one-way valve (AKA check valve). If you make the tubing and the T-connector into a T-shape like what Brava give you then stck te valve in the vertical tube and attach the horiztonal tubes to the domes you have a home made airlock for about £2. This can either be used as a back-up if you break the smartbox or used when you're awake to save using the smartbox (it's also a lot smaller and easier to wear without the big bra). YOu can also use the airlock instead of the smartbox to give more suction, you won't get an alarm if the seal breaks but this hardly ever happens if you keep yourself in position with pillows and suck the domes on tight. You don't need filters for the airlock.

Good luck!

Tori
(no login) Re: brava filters with smartbox December 16 2007, 11:32 AM

thanks for your help Louise. I've started with the dry clean method this morning, so hopefully this will prolong the life of my smartbox

Brava filter
June 25 2008 at 3:59 AM Choco (no login)

Hello, I got some questions for Brava users:

1. do you change the filter as it said in the menu (once a week)?
2. where do you get extra filters, how much do they cost?

Thanks a lot

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava filter June 25 2008, 6:20 PM

With my Brava kit the instructions said to use 7 different filters, label them with days of the week so you use a dry one each day and the one you took off has a week to dry out before being used again.

To be honest the home-made airlock works much better than the smartbox anyway so I just used the airlock after the first few weeks.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon