Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

I have a question about nipple covers

I have a question about nipple covers
September 26 2009 at 6:52 PM CousinRose (Login CousinRose)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey ladies ... My friend is really impressed with my results and wants to give it a go but she has had a nipple surgery so she has small hardly visible scars on her areolas that she doesn't want to get bigger. So my question is ... do you girls think it is possible to use Brava with a nipple cover to prevent it from happening? I have never used anything to cover my nipples so I don't know if it would work.

Author Reply
miriam41
(Login miriam41) Re: I'm finished and I have a question about nipple covers September 27 2009, 6:21 PM

I am in my 4th week of Brava and was nervous about possible nipple changes so I am using blister bandaids to cover my nipples during Brava time. My Brava coach recommended them because they stretch and won't cause irritation. I have had good luck so far - except this morning! I let myself really itch after my Brava time and my skin is very irritated - I won't do that again.

From what I read most women don't experience changes to their nipples but I don't want to chance it.

Edit Message Delete Message

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: I'm finished and I have a question about nipple covers September 27 2009, 7:37 PM

In both my cycles I haven't noticed any nipple or areola changes. I never even wore any protection for my nipples. My friend is not exactly worried about her nipples/areolas but the scars she has. Brava can make scars bigger and more visible. So we were wondering if wearing protection might prevent it.

Beautiful Journey
(Login beautifuljourney) Re: I'm finished and I have a question about nipple covers September 27 2009, 8:56 PM

My nipples got a lot bigger from doing Brava! I was not happy about that, but obviously about the increase in bust size.

@miriam: According to your Brava coach, the plasters will prevent your nipples from becoming bigger?

I lost weight (at least 12kgs) and my boobs got quite smaller (but it seems to me as my nipples didn't). Had no success with herbs so far and might get into suction again. However, I really don't want to increase my nipples even more.

molehills
(no login) Re: I'm finished and I have a question about nipple covers September 27 2009, 10:35 PM

I tried the stretchable blister bandaids a few times but always ended up with some irritation around the edges of the bandaids that I couldn't stand after a while, though they kept the nipple swelling down. My nipples always swell a lot and get very hard. Once I tried putting the bandaids on in the morning so the skin is already stretched and they wouldn't pull on the skin when the breasts swell the next night but the bandaids wouldn't stay on...they were big but maybe even bigger ones would work. I imagine regular nipple covers would just pop right off. In the end I just put up with the nipple swelling and I do think my areolas/nipples have gotten bigger. I don't mind that actually, after the hard swelling goes away, but they get dried out too so I put cream on them.

miriam41
(Login miriam41) Re: I'm finished and I have a question about nipple covers September 29 2009, 2:57 AM

My coach didn't say anything about the benefits of covering my nipples. I just said that I was definitely doing it and she said: "Well if you feel like you have to, try the blister bandaids" Scar tissue is a different matter. I would speak with a coach or dermatologist to find out how to protect yourself.

My main concern is nipple stretching as they have already been somewhat stretched by nursing and I would be unhappy if they stretched even a little. My areolas are small and I wouldn't mind if they grew slightly. Don't the areolas grow just from the breasts growing in size?

kiagirl
(Login kiagirl) re: I'm finished and I have a question about nipple covers September 30 2009, 2:00 AM

Hi Cousin Rose,
Congratulations on your success with Brava! I've been reading and have been encouraged by your posts for some time now. I had surgery about 10 years ago to remove a benign mass which turned out to be a lump of hardened breast tissue. I had a small incision under and around my left areola. I have a barely visible scar. I am on my second cycle with Brava. I have very small nipples and I have not experienced any nipple enlargement--other than right after I remove the domes. They soon return to their "normal" size. My scar hasn't changed in appearance at all. I have never used any nipple covers. I know every woman's experience is unique, but I thought I would just share this as it might encourage your friend Smile

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: I'm finished and I have a question about nipple covers September 30 2009, 7:34 PM

Thank you so much for your input girls. I have told my friend everything you have told me and now it is up to her what she does. Not everyone responds in the same way so there is no way telling what will happen but at least kiagirls scar remained the same.

I am glad Kiagirl that I could encourage you, this is such a hard process and very important to have some encouragement and especially in the beginning.

Happy growing girls Smile
Rose

laura
(no login) just a thought April 2 2010, 5:33 AM

I had a thought when I read this post- if your friend needs nipple surgery and is interested in a larger size, why not just get implants since she is getting nipple surgery anyway? Isn't the areola one of the most common entry points?

CousinRose
(Login CousinRose) Re: I'm finished and I have a question about nipple covers April 16 2010, 12:18 AM

Funny you asked Laura because she did get implants this January and is very happy with them. I on the other hand am still pumping with noogleberry trying to reach a few more cm Wink It took her a few hours to reach what I have been doing in 2 years ... I am still glad mine are real and I would never get implants.

Here's a good cheap nipple cover!
October 12 2009 at 1:49 AM SaveTheTaTas (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've gone through COUNTLESS amounts of different types of bandaids while trying to coverup my nipples. All of them seemed to just come right off when I would get a good suction. Well the Nexcare Active extra cushion bandages (in the orange box) work superbly!!! I got mine at Walmart for about 3 bucks. They stay on the WHOLE time, and the middle part of them is larger and covers mostly all of the areola area as well. Just thought to share this info with you girls who don't want to increase nipple size with suction devices.

Author Reply
dory
(Login Dory505) Re: Here's a good cheap nipple cover! October 12 2009, 11:04 AM

can u please post a link where to buy that ?Smile that would be a great help!! thanks Smile

SaveTheTaTas
(no login) Re: Here's a good cheap nipple cover! October 13 2009, 6:13 PM

Sure! I bought mine from Walmart, couldn't find a link on the walmart website but I found it on drugstore.com. I'm sure you can get it from just about anywhere though Wink This is exactly the same one I have: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.a...atid=44601. It helps out tremendously. I was having probs with my nipples getting swollen, cuz even waterproof bandaids would come off while using the Bosom Beauty (I just started using the airlock system, gives good suction, but too early to say if its working.) I kept starting and stopping my BB session cuz of the whole nipple fiasco, but now since I found these bandaids I've been stickin to it the past week! Hope I've helped some people! I tried searching everywhere for tips and no one really had any good ones, so I wanted to post this up Wink

BeautifulJourney
(Login beautifuljourney) Re: Here's a good cheap nipple cover! November 7 2009, 10:29 AM

Thank you SaveTheTaTas

Do you think this will also prevent that the aerola is becoming bigger? I've used Brava in the past and my aerola has increased quite a bit. I lost weight and my boobs shrank drastically, so I'm thinking about using suction again.

Nyah
(no login) Larger nipples? November 18 2009, 4:28 PM

Hey ladies,

I'm slightly confused. I've used the Brava system twice thus far and kept my growth. I have a raised areola (puffy nipples). My nipples would become very swollen during brava usage. It took a few hours for them to subside. However, I never used bandaids to RESTRICT them. I can't imagine the brava making your nipples bigger. Thats erectile tissue. Brava works to increase fatty tissue. If your nipples appear bigger or the areola is larger, lets not blame brava. My mother had 34B breasts before children, now she has DD or E breasts. Do you think her areola stayed the same? My point is, we are stretching our skin EVERYDAY in search of bigger breasts. Visually the areola may appear round, but it breaks apart and fades into the skin (spotty dark pigmant around areola). Bigger breasts = more fatty tissue and more skin. I've gained 3 1/2 inches of growth with brava. Its been about 7 months, my breast are bigger... not my nipples.
If we want bigger breast, we may experience more areola. I just don't understand how a bandaid or padding over the nipple will help. Maybe it will stop swelling to a degree, but is that REALLY what you want with brava? Has anyone used bandaids and achieved satisfactory, lasting results? I'm just curious ladies.

NYAH
xoxo

katy
(no login) Re: Here's a good cheap nipple cover! December 11 2009, 1:56 AM

Hi, are these better than blister pads or are they basically the same thing?
Anyone used these and had luck keeping nipples from becoming sore/enlarged or not so much?

Mis shapen nipples - idea that isn't taping
April 22 2008 at 10:48 PM Lou (no login)

I've heard it been said on this forum that if a part of your breast is touching the side of the dome - that part isn't experiencing suction to such an extent. Have I misunderstood this?

Does this mean if the nipple makes contact with the end of the dome - it's not going to put suction on the nipple. Alternatively - I could put an insert of something in the dome so the nipple does make contact with a surface (so it sort of goes back into the breast). I'm thinking of having a second shot at brava, but my nipples are still misshapen from the first go, which puts me off. The surface is sort of bumpy now.

I think my idea is probably just wishful thinking - but interested in what you all think!

Author Reply
Caroline
(no login) Re: Mis shapen nipples - idea that isn't taping April 23 2008, 5:41 PM

Be careful about those misshapen nipples! At least one girl had to quit Brava because it was causing permanent damage to her nipples. If they aren't regaining their normal shape after use you've got a problem!

Nipples - how do they change with Brava?
June 15 2007 at 8:14 PM Louise (no login)

Other people have mentioned their nipples changing with Brava, in what way do you mean?

Mine are small and usually puffy (which I really don't like as it makes boobs look smaller by comparison!), is Brava likely to leave them hard which would be great, or heaven forbid bigger and puffier?

When people mention taping the nipples, what should this be done with?

Thanks again x

Author Reply
Leanne
(no login) Re: Nipples - how do they change with Brava? June 16 2007, 7:23 AM

Brava makes the nipples bigger and harder and affects the sensitivity, but for most women the nipples will go back to normal. Some women get permanent effects to the nipples, such as loss of sensitivity. If that happens it's a problem because the sensitivity might never come back. My own nipples were way larger after using Brava and rock hard with less sensitivity. They are now back to the normal shape and size, but some of the sensitivity is still missing.

Charity
(no login) Re: Nipples - how do they change with Brava? June 20 2007, 9:34 AM

Brava is sometimes brutal on the nipples but taping them up by itself won't work. You need to have something to cover the nipple first, some nipple cover I mean, and then tape that down. It should work fine.

trouble with brava
August 1 2009 at 5:14 PM bravebrava (Login bravebrava)

I have been using brava for almost 4 weeks now.
I don't notice fuller breasts, but I notice areolar enlargment and it's really scaring me. And my areola (which surrounds the nipple) are not only enlarged, but it is darkening.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?? this is an SOS.
please help me out if people experienced similar outcome during the process.
I used to really like the shape of my breasts but now that the areola and nipples are so much bigger without the breasts being bigger, my breasts look out of proportion, and worse than before.
please help me.

Author Reply
LaLuna
(no login) Re: trouble with brava August 1 2009, 11:23 PM

Darkening nipples? Are you sure you are not pregnant?

molehills
(no login) Re: trouble with brava August 1 2009, 11:55 PM

when I used Brava my nipples got lighter and stayed that way

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: trouble with brava August 2 2009, 1:20 AM

I had the same issue...I called the brava coach. I was so worried, because when a person has small small boobs, big nipples make them look worse. Anyway, she told me to not use bandaids...but blister covers. They are sticky all over, no pad...I cut one in half, and put half over each nipple. I leave them on for about 3 days...it says you can leave them for a week.This has taken care of the problem for me. Good luck...this suction business is no joke! LOL...what a process.

bravebrava
(Login bravebrava) how to use the blister bandaids August 2 2009, 1:58 AM

do you put the blister bandaid while doing brava? or afterwards?
How is this supposed to help anyway... i'm confused! please let me know! i'm afraid of looking at mirror now...

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: trouble with brava August 2 2009, 3:13 AM

YOu put them on before you put the domes on. They are stretchable, which is why you use them instead of regular bandaids. Are your nipples extremely sore to the touch too? MIne are if I don't wear the blister covers. It took a few days of wearing them for my nipples to start feeling/looking better again. I was mortified too!

bravebrava
(no login) Re: trouble with brava August 2 2009, 4:36 PM

Did the already enalarged parts go away for you though with the use of bandaid? or did tissue only grow on that part? Does Brava work?? because I don't see growth anywhere else but on the areolar area and I'm almost going to quit on this...

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: trouble with brava August 4 2009, 2:48 PM

Hi, bravebrava!
I don't think four weeks is anywhere near long enough to have any sense of whether Brava will work. I started out completely flat and am in my 40th week! I have about an inch of growth after 12 hours. Not much at all, but worth it to me if I can keep it. I remember my nipples becoming absolutely huge and hurting during the first weeks of Brava. Now, they swell but go back down. Are you sure you are giving this a long enough try before quitting?

bravebrava
(no login) hi roakie August 4 2009, 7:26 PM

hi roakie,
i would like to try longer, but it's really creeping me out. I really need to have my areolar and nipple growth to stop. It looks really huge and I think my breast got smaller. Maybe i have tubular breasts. I am so depressed. I lost the shape of my breast too. my nipples were facing up but now that the areolar region has grown it looks like it faces down. I don't know what to do. If i resume again, i really need to completely block out my nipple area from growing. and I am wondering how i can achieve that. besides my sin trouble is so bad that i look at myself before shower and freak out.
Have you stopped using and checked if you stabilized your growth? or kept wearing for 40 weeks??
what about skin troubles?

bravebrava
(no login) hi roakie again August 4 2009, 7:44 PM

hi roakie, just wondering did you also use other systems/agents like NBE to get your growth? Or is your growth entirely attributed to Brava system?
I think I might start again with your encouragement, if i find a way to stop the areolar growth. I am so traumatized, i don't think i will be putting on anytime soon again. my skin needs to also calm down. it's out of control. But have you also used other products in the meanwhile as you did brava?

Kristin
(Login napahills) Re: trouble with brava August 5 2009, 1:27 AM

Try the blister bandaids. I was very depressed my first 7 weeks of Brava. IN the beginning, I had the nipple trouble, until I found the cure. They did go back to normal too...so no worries.
I didn't really start seeing lasting results until a few weeks ago...around week 8. I think the actual growth is finally kicking in. I almost threw in the towel too! Now that I'm seeing a new shape to my breasts, and actual growth after 12 hours, I feel like I can do this for a llllooooooonnnnnnnnggggggg time! If something actually works, I do it. Try to stick it out dear....trust me, I know it's horrible. But it does work after time.

Rox3
(no login) Re: trouble with brava August 5 2009, 1:38 AM

To Bravebrava: Don't give up after only 4 weeks. I used Brava for 18 weeks for my first cycle last winter and I got 1" of permanent growth. I didn't have any growth until week 8. My nipples are small and got huge with the brava swelling, but would go back down after having the domes off for 12 hours. At the end of 18 weeks the nipples were much bigger but then after being off Brava for 1-2 weeks my nipples went back to their original size and I kept the 1" of growth. So it look really good now and the breast is a much bigger and nicer teardrop shape. I'm now using Noogleberry and that seems to make the breast a round shape and I've been doing it for 7 weeks. Get swelling of about an inch after 30-60 mins. but it doesn't last...yet. We'll see if it works or not.

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: trouble with brava August 5 2009, 2:14 AM

Bravebrava,
I am still going with Brava and haven't taken a break so I don't know how much, if any, will be permanent. Since I had not breasts to start with and I am very thin and past menopause, I have a lot working against me.
As for the nipples....I breastfed three children so I can't even remember what non-droopy nipples look like. I have stretch marks, etc. as well, but I am "sure" there was a time, long ago, that I had young-looking breasts!!! Yes, I would probably be freaked out if I was doing Brava at an age where I had not ever had children or breastfed and suddenly seen pulled and stretched (much less droopy) nipples.
I would take the advice of others and use the blister covers or just let the nipples do what they will, realizing that they will go back to normal with time.
We are all here for support.
Oh...no, I have not used herbs or anything. Just trying chicken feet soup and MSM. Lots of women have sucess with these two things but I haven't noticed any help!

bravebrava
(no login) nipple or areola? August 7 2009, 12:47 PM

hi, kristen and roakie, thanks for your comment and encouragement. though would you clarify something for me? The growh of size and darkening for me is not in exactly in the nipple for me but it is in the AREOLA. this is the 1-2cm round region surrounding the nipple, nipple being right in the middle.
AREOLA enlarged and darkened for me..... would it go back down? I'm not frustrated about nipples. but since areola enlarged it's circumference, meaning that the melanocytes have made pigments in the extended area on the skin, I'm not sure how it will regress back to where it was on the skin. I'm kinda confused. please let me know if your problem was also on the areola region!!
also, i saw on brava pictures recently and realized that some women ended up with bigger areola and i am so traumatized. i don't wanna end up like that...

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: trouble with brava August 7 2009, 4:03 PM

No, my aerola did not darken or get bigger.

kristin
(Login napahills) Re: trouble with brava August 7 2009, 6:28 PM

Hi...I am also speaking about the areola and the nipple. I put the blister cover on the entire area. I wanted to let you know, that the first day you put the blister cover on, it will not stick on so well...it will kind of pop of during treatment, and be hanging there. This is the first day. After you take the domes off, following treatment, push them back down over your entire areola. AS the day progresses, teh blister bandaid will mold over your areola and will stay firmly for about a week. It will kind of concern you to see, maybe wondering how the heck you will get it off...but don't worry, it peels off without hurting your nipple, and voila! Your nipples will not have any swelling during treatment. (Just that first day of putting the blister bandaid on...they will swell, hence popping off 3/4 of the cover).
Good luck my dear.

trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: trouble with brava August 9 2009, 1:35 AM

oh! only four weeks! Ahhh. I had that, too. I was very worried about growing my nipples as we all agree smaller nipples look nicer on small breasts. Your nipples will not darken considerably, in the end. Mine get stretched so much during wear time, that they get a thicker layer of skin over the top (almost scab like, but not really), which looks darker, until I give them a good scrub with some kind of exfoliating agent bringing them back to a healthy pink.

It's hard not to panic in the first month. It seems so uncomfortable and tortuous. After the second month, you'll find it totally natural, if you've managed to deal with your skin issues. Let us know what those issues are, and we'll be able to help you with those, too.

If you're expecting dramatically bigger breasts, then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed with brava. You will be able to attain fuller breasts, but it takes a LOT of time, and is difficult to stay committed the first couple of months. I'm almost up to week 17, and I've got about 2 inches after 36 hours, which probably means I'll have 1 1/2 inches if I stopped now. So I'm hoping to keep going for another few weeks to see if I can gain a permanent two inches. Even then, I still secretly wish they were a little fuller, but you need to know that as the change happens slowly, you begin to think you've always had these breasts and forget your smaller ones. It's VERY important for monitoring self progress to take some pics to compare to. At about 10 weeks I was convinced I had nothing for all my efforts... until I checked the pics. My breasts are much more full. They're not big by any means, but look better in clothes with a bit of 'almost cleavage' even in no bra. I've taken to needing bras for the first time in my life, to stop so much jiggling and bouncing, which is slightly exciting but also a bit annoying...

Anyway, I hope my experiences either encourage you to keep going (if you think it will meet your expectations), or to stop and be happy with what you've got. I won't mention that you should consider breast implants, as I think they're terrible things.

All the best!

brava users nipple question
April 11 2009 at 1:31 AM molehills (no login)

I've noticed that as I go on it seems like my nipples are hard all the time when I have the domes off...they really stick out a lot...uncomfortable and also too noticeable. Just wondering if anyone has any idea if this goes away after you stop or is it permanent??

Author Reply
Rox3
(no login) Re: brava users nipple question April 11 2009, 12:51 PM

Have you ever had kids or ever breasfed? I only ask because after my first baby and breastfeeding for a solid year, my nipples have never been the same so I can't tell if Brava will make them any better/worse yet. Breast feeding permanently changes the nipples. They end sticks out more and is a different shape. I think it looks funny and not real attractive but you can't tell with a padded bra. If I didn't wear the padded ones, even slight padding, I'd look really small so I always buy the padded ones.

molehills
(no login) Re: brava users nipple question April 11 2009, 1:14 PM

hi, no never had kids...but I'd say they have gotten a bit bigger from the suction. I don't mind that, it's just that they stick out so much! For the first couple weeks they were very sensitive and got itchy in the domes, that doesn't happen any more though. I think they actually got stretched and grew. Now they just won't sit down all day lol! I wonder if they'll be like that permanently?

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: brava users nipple question April 14 2009, 10:19 PM

I've been using 3m tegaderm dressings (cut to size) on my nips to prevent the stretching and explosive swelling. The tegaderm has some stretch so it doesn't damage surrounding skin, but its strong enough to keep the nips from taking the brunt of the suction. I feel like the suction is then more concentrated on bringing forward the round part of my breast, rather than making them overly pointy. Before doing this the end of my nipples were literally doubling in size and looking like the end of my pinky finger for an hour or so, and scaring the heck out of me. I didn't want this as a permanent thing (yet anyway, perhaps it would be worth it if feeding a baby was involved). They were also sore and looking stretched even when the swelling dissipated. I'm trying to grow my tits not my nips, so it makes sense to me to keep them taped down. So far so good! No nip swelling or tenderness, and better boob swelling. One thing though, I'm definitely not looking too hot these days for my poor husband. If I haven't got these enormous domes on, my nips are all surgically bound in tape (it's quite expensive stuff and I try to reduce skin trauma by leaving it on for a couple of wears if possible!).

If you try this, it helps to put the skin prep over/around nips, under the tegaderm dressing too, to reduce skin irritation from the constant ripping off of dressings!

molehills
(no login) Re: brava users nipple question April 15 2009, 1:49 AM

thanks trigger...I did try various bandage solutions but everything just popped right off because the nipples pushed them away...one large Curad bandage worked better but the part that stuck to my skin was unbearably itchy and left my skin irritated. Maybe will have to try the Tegaderm.

tr1gger
(Login tr1gger) Re: brava users nipple question April 15 2009, 2:00 PM

yes, tegaderm sticks very well, and the stretch is good, because you don't want to damage the surrounding skin by over stretching it. I buy the ones with the pads, so they don't stick to the nips, and put some nice aloe or zinc on nips to keep protected and soft.

solution to your nipple issues!!!
June 22 2007 at 9:08 AM me (no login)

I notice in this forum, a lot of people complain of sore nipples. Just as an advice, I had this problem at the beginning but solved it by cutting cotton squares into smaller pieces - just big enough to cover the nipples, but not too big!..... then, place a band aid over it - make sure that the band aid allows for your skin to breathe and there you go, the perfect solution to sore nipples!
good luck to everyone... And another advice: ALWAYS BUY THE SKIN CARE SET... costs about 100 bucks for the whole set, but totally worth it!!.. I never had any skin problems EVER while using my brava! Since I notice a lot of skin complaints in this forum, I'm guessing people dont really buy the skin care set...

Author Reply
lindsey
(no login) Re: solution to your nipple issues!!! July 6 2007, 9:08 AM

This sounds like a good approach. I read this forum through and noticed A LOT of women had nipple problems and I mean A LOT. Some have tried taping the nipples down to minimise the damage but taping won't work by itself. You have to cover them with something first as described in the message above. Using tape or a plaster alone will not work, it won't save your nipples at all. Some form of covering is essential.

Louise
(no login) Re: solution to your nipple issues!!! July 6 2007, 10:27 AM

I just use two 1 inch pieces of surgical tape in a cross and it does work only I'm allergic to the tape so it's the lesser of two evils!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon