Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

please help im getting pain in my ribs with brava

please help im getting pain in my ribs with brava
June 2 2008 at 9:04 PM kay (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey everyone,
im a little worried. im on week 15 with brava and im getting a pain underneith my left breast where the siicone sits. i cant move the cup off of the spot though because it would be too far down. i dont want to injure my body, but i really dont want to take time off. im want to try to make it 40 weeks, but im worried about the pain. did or is anyone experiencing the same thing? is there anything i can do to help it? thanks for the help!

Author Reply

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: please help im getting pain in my ribs with brava June 3 2008, 11:18 AM

I've not experienced this, so I'm not the best person to help. I would suggest that you wear it for the minimum of hours, also keep in mind you can miss up to a week after the 12 week mark and it will not undo ur hard work as you've already done 15 weeks and then you can start up again. I had to do this due to skin problem and it was worth it.

Edit Message Delete Message

kay
(no login) thanks! June 3 2008, 7:30 PM

thank you so much! its nice being able to talk to others who have used the system Smile i really appreciate the help! i didnt know that it was ok to miss up to a week with out causing a prob with your progress. thats def good to know! thanks again!!

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: please help im getting pain in my ribs with brava June 4 2008, 10:56 AM

Another thing I forgot to mention is if you're wearing the crop top that comes with brava it might not be helping. It tends the push the domes inwards and can feel like more pressure on the sternum/ ribs. Yes the good thing about when u get past 12 weeks is that missing time doesn't set u back weeks, its more like a holt to proceedings! Someone on here told me that brava explained that to her (sorry your name has slipped my memory). She'd worn it for 14 weeks, then she took a week off, and wore it sporadicly for another 6 weeks and got more growth from those last few weeks.

kay
(no login) Re: please help im getting pain in my ribs with brava June 4 2008, 7:39 PM

wow! that makes it a lil easier on us. and thanks for the info on the bra. ur totally right, i unzipped the bra and its making a world of difference! its like the pressure is all gone. thank you sooo much!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: please help im getting pain in my ribs with brava June 10 2008, 7:59 PM

Wait until your skin is a bit more comfortable then concentrate on airlocking really hard - if you've got the domes on tight enough you can ditch the stupid bra!

I slept on my side without the bra in the narrow XL and they never fell off because they were on so tight.

After that I pretty much only wore the bra when I was working out in case the sweat loosened the seal - then I'd shower in them, take them off and wash them, get out of the shower dry the skin and the domes, cover myself in evening primrose oil(don't bother with the Brava brnad stuff), dry the domes with kitchen roll and pop them back on!

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: please help im getting pain in my ribs with brava June 12 2008, 8:31 PM

I know how you feel. I was able to do a full 15 weeks with avg. of 13 hours per day and then I developed pain in my ribs. I also developed a swollen lump on my ribs underneath and a hard painful lump next to the sternum. The Brava coach told me that once you have gone that far, missing up to 6 days will not set you back and then you can continue if you are able. Unfortunately, I stopped for a week and was able to do a few more days but could only wear very sporadically over the 6 weeks after that but it only amounted to about 10 more days during that additional six weeks. It was just too painful even without the bra zipped up and I had to stop. I have been done for about two months now. I kept some growth. Not a huge difference but the bras are more filled out. Fortunately, the two painful lumps and swelling did go away. I was worried they would be permanent. It is hard on your body and some people just can't go as many weeks as they would like. I only used the sportbox and did not use any extra manual suction but it does take its toll over time. I had hoped for 20 - 30 weeks but couldn't make it. Anyway, to the average person they wouldn't be able to notice a difference (I had hoped for a full C), but I am less deflated and they do look better when I look at my before and after pictures. The great part is I can sleep on my stomach again and I'm not as obsessed with my boobs even though I miss the great swelling. Weather is too nice to start again now. I may or may not try again in the fall.

My advice to anyone considering Brava - wait until colder weather and enjoy your summer because even with great swelling that you would love to show off in little tops and a bathing suit, you might have rings around your boobs where the domes sit (I did for several hours afterward). I also didn't want to show them off at work and have others notice me deflate throughout the day so I hid them anyway. My husband did get to enjoy them though! If you are lucky enough that the rings fade and you can show them off, wear sunscreen or you'll have obvious marks around your boobs. Good luck.

kay
(no login) livinonaprayer June 12 2008, 9:23 PM

i also have the bumps that you were talkin about. i have one underneither my left breast. its VERY sensitive! it feels kinda like a rib poping out and looks like a bruise. thats the only thing that hurts. sometimes the center where the two domes meet is sensitive, but thats all. im glad that bump that you had went away. i was worried that they were perm too. i am trying to fight through the pain though cause 17 weeks is alot to put in for nothing.

Anyone having trouble with rib pain??
March 3 2008 at 12:28 PM livinonaprayer (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've just started my 15th week and would like to keep going another 4 - 8 weeks but have just started having trouble with two areas. The skin itself is not irritated but on the right side where the domes rest in the cleveage area near the sternum, my rib has a hard bump. It is painful when the domes are on (especially when I'm on my back sleeping). When the domes are off, it doesn't hurt but it does stick up. Also, I've just noticed on the left side, under my breast on the rib I have a small movable painful lump right on the rib. That area is painful whenever I touch it. Has anyone had this and does it go away? I'm thinking of taking a few days off but I don't want to have to make up a lot of time and I don't want that hard lump near the cleveage area to be some type of permanent bony thing sticking out. Has anyone had this trouble??? These two spots are where the domes rest. One is hard like bone and only hurts when the domes are on and the other is movable and puffy and seems to be painful to touch all the time. Thanks!

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: Anyone having trouble with rib pain?? March 3 2008, 6:44 PM

I airlocked really tight to try to avoid fart noises while out shopping in Hong Kong - didn't care if I looked fat because I'll never see those people again! After a few days of this I got a bony lump on the right cleavage side, about the size and shape of an almond but half the thickness. It was never so large as to be visible but it really hurt - almost took my breath away when I released the suction. I just ignored it and after a few weeks it went away on it's own. I've poked and poked and it's definitely there now. Lexy had some bony lumps, not sure if they were completely permanent. I was also worried as I used to get a lot of swelling on my sternum when I did a long session with hard suction but don't think that did anything either in the long run.

I would say maybe do a week of just enough suction to keep them on and only 11 hours daily, sadly what you really need are new domes that the silicone pads haven't got squashed. I ended up with a few sore patches as I got to about week 28 but didn't want to buy new domes at that late stage so I just ignored it and got sore! Almost gone now, definitely look ok although I still do have a slight 'dome footprint' down my cleavage area that looks a bit tanned.

Try hard to go past 20 weeks - you won't be sorry! You're doing great, can't believe it's been 15 weeks already, keep it up x

Louise
(no login) Re: Anyone having trouble with rib pain?? March 4 2008, 7:35 PM

Just remembered another thing!

On hols I was wearing the sportsbra to push them on tight and stop fart noises - it's the sports bra that hurts your sternum!! If you suck the domes on tight without the bra the pressure is evenly distributed around the whole breast but the bra makes the dome point forwards when naturally they point slightly outwards (or East and West as someone else put it!). Pushing them in means that nearly all the pressure is in the middle which is why the sternum gets sore. Just ditch the bra and you should feel a lot better. If you really feel you need some support then either a tight t-shirt or a very small zip-up sweatshirt is great (zip-up to just beneath the domes). After my hols I'd learnt my lesson and only bothered with the bra if I was working out.

Livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Anyone having trouble with rib pain?? March 7 2008, 3:38 PM

Thank you Louise! I really appreciate all of your advise. Unfortunately, I have not worn my Brava since Monday. I just couldn't tolerate the pain when the domes were pressing on those two areas. I was OK standing up, but lying on my back hurt too much. It wasn't even my sternum that hurt - it was just those two bumps on my ribs. I only used the sportbox and not the airlock so I don't think they were on too hard and I used the Brava XL bra and left it completely unzipped - it's actually pretty loose on the domes. I think my body just had enough. I examined my domes and although they are not as stiff as brand new, the silonce is in good shape and the plastic wasn't pressing on me at all. In fact when the domes are on, the silicone even seems to inflate somewhat and puff out more - almost like an intertube. I called the Brava coach and she suggested I stop, take an anti-inflammatory and use hot and cold packs. It was disappointed to stop before I was ready since week 12 began looking promising, but I guess it was time. I am also a little disappointed that I didn't gain more over those 14 weeks. Even though the swelling on the second cycle was great and I retained a lot of it until about hour 10 - 12, having them off completely now, my breasts are almost back to where I was after the first cycle. I expected more the second time around and I keep wondering what I did wrong. I've really looked closely and I think I may have gained a little more filling out on the top portion. During the first cycle I think I filled out from the nipple down and this second cycle, it may be more above the nipple. Only time will tell. I think these gains must take a lot of time and since I have almost no upper body fat, maybe I needed more time. Anyway, I'm still glad I did the first cycle for sure, I am still wondering about the second cycle. Maybe the best way would be to try to have the first cycle be longer. Who knows. At least I had some improvement. Good luck to all of you. If you are persistent, you can get results.

Louise
(no login) Re: Anyone having trouble with rib pain?? March 7 2008, 8:00 PM

Did you take pics? I think it's easy to forget what you looked like before when you're used to the swelling. I definitely lost some between days 2-4 post-Brava but looking at the pics of how little there was to start and baring in mind that the last time I lost so much weight I was A cup at best. I'm not sure why you had this reaction.

Are you sore bits gone now?

Have you got any bras / tops that you haven't worn for ages, you might be pleasantly surprised at how tight they are.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Anyone having trouble with rib pain?? March 10 2008, 2:46 PM

Louise,
I took pictures before Brava and 3 weeks post first cycle. It has been one week since I stopped so I think in two more weeks I'll take 3 weeks post 2nd cycle and compare. I think you're right, you get used to the swelling and forget what you were like. I did take out my before pictures and can definitely tell a difference from that. The sore area on my rib under my left breast is gone but the small hard bump is still on the right side next to my sternum and that's the one that hurts the most when domes are on. Last year the coach told me that once you've gone past 10 weeks you are sort of in "overtime" and that you can take a few days off without set backs but you cannot go more than 6 days or it is like starting a new cycle. She suggested I keep the system because she says many women wait several months or a year after they've sold everything and wish they still had it. Right now, I can't imagine starting over with a 3rd cycle - but I've been known to change my mind! If I do though, it will be next November again. Starting right after Thanksgiving and shooting for the end of March-April was a perfect time for me instead of summer months like I did first cycle. Fortunately, I had no skin issues and the "footprint" from the domes was gone the day after I stopped wearing. I do wish I would have done a better job losing all my weight before I stopped. I assumed I could go on as long as I wanted. I tried on my bras I wore before Brava that were loose before I started. After first cycle they were filled out and after second cycle they seem a little more filled out (I'll have to check again in a few weeks). I must have a bit more because my nipples are higher up in the bra and show through the lace at top whereas before they were lower down and I couldn't see them. Do you think Brava stretches out the nipples because whenever I would take off the domes, the areola was very puffed out and lumpy. Even though it always went down within an hour or so it looks a little stretched to me now when they are relaxed. Did you notice the same? I guess is it a SLOW, GRADUAL PROCESS. One benefit is my husband loves not seeing the domes on me and can't keep his hands off me. He is actually glad I finished. He says although he liked the swelling, he loves the access to everything more.

Good luck with your next cycle - you've done wonderful - just like Seri while still losing weight!

Louise
(no login) Re: Anyone having trouble with rib pain?? March 10 2008, 8:50 PM

Hopefully you'll be pleasantly surprised with the pics. Have you thought about giving BB a go? Again like Brava I bought it pretty much to prove to myself it wouldn't work but it seems to be doing something although it's really to early to tell. The good thing is that the swelling lasts much longer than the red marks and there's no silicone or stickyness to give irritation you just get a welt where it presses. This will fit a lot easier round your lifestyle.

I'm pretty sure my nipples have grown, probably not doubled in size like my boobs and annoyingly not evenly, the right is at least 1.25x if not 1.5x as big as the left even though the right boob is smaller. Don't think it's that noticeable and the overall effect is definitely an improvement!

Will let you know how I get on with BB and whether it's worth buying. Have you thought about Noogleberry? The idea is that you use a hand pump to get swelling and with regular use you can maintain the swelling by pumping less and less to the point where after a few months people are maintaining 1-2 cup increase by pumping 30-60 mins 1-2x weekly. This is what I may be doing if I can't get enough from Brava and BB.

Excruciating back and sternum pain
March 15 2008 at 7:51 PM herekittykitty (no login)

just started week 4 and it was smooth sailing -- until now. now when i put the system on i get this painful burning sensation in my mid-back to the right of my spine (not just one spot -- it seems to move up and down) and a soreness on my sternum (right between my breasts but on the right side). the pain is so awful and it doesn't matter if i'm sitting, standing or lying down (though lying down is the worst even propped up). massaging my back doesn't help at all and heat on my back helps only the tiniest bit. i wear the bra open so that isn't causing pressure. it hurt so much last night i cried and after being asleep only an hour, i had to take the system off it was so unbearable. it's so bad that the pain continued for almost an hour after i took the system off. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE???

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Excruciating back and sternum pain March 15 2008, 8:35 PM

I had back pain (have had problems with bad back for years but this was higher up) and almost hard to breathe. Found it a great relief to sleep on my stomach with several pillows under my stomach and then more pillows under my face with a gap between to put the domes down the gap. This takes the pressure off your back without squashing the domes - I could sleep like this with narrow XL so you should be ok if you have enough pillows.

For the sternum, do you actually have any redness or any area which is painful to touch? I got a lump on my sternum that was painful especially just as your release the domes. I think it was caused by the pressure from the bra - ditch the bra! Try wearing a tight t-shirt or a zip up top instead or if you use an airlock you might get away with something loose (I only wore something tight when I was working out). The painful area on the sternum - is it like bruising or like a carpet burn? Were your domes brand new and of the correct size?

silv
(Login silv1)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Excruciating back and sternum pain March 16 2008, 2:17 AM

I also have back and neck pain but that's from car accident years ago but my pain not curable as I have bulging discs. The pain is so bad sometimes i would get headaches and feel nauseous. The thing that helped me was doing yoga. I didn't do the type that they teach in the gym (don't have the time and too lazy to go). I do the ones that are specifically for neck and back pain. you only need to spend about 15 mins a day. Too bad I lost the book or i can give you the title. i hope you can search online as this yoga therapy is the only thing that worked for me.

herekittykitty
(no login) Re: Excruciating back and sternum pain March 16 2008, 5:36 AM

the sternum pain is accompanied by a patch of bright redness. my domes are not new (remember that this is my second cycle -- the first one, which last only 5 weeks, was about 3 years ago). i am trying a new track that i hope will help ease my pain -- using only the smartbox (for 2 weeks i have been using the airlock and increasing the pressure). i am hoping that the problem was ramping up too quickly but that if i do it slowly, i will be able to avoid the pain.

Puffy Sternum
August 24 2007 at 8:21 PM Louise (Login Louise1982)

Just started week 8, averaging 15 hours per day so far and using a far bit of manual suction (just less than what leaves a hickey!) - ramping up slowly over the session. I think I'm getting a puffy sternum, not painful to the touch or on deep breathing / excercise. Wasn't sure it wasn't my imagination but put on a fairly tight bra this evening and it went in underneath the ?raised area leaving about 0.5cm puffing out. Have googled costochondritis and don't have the pain but it is a swelling in that area. It seems to be where the domes meet in the middle and I have overlapped them quite often as I have a small frame.

Has anyone else had similar? Did it go away? If it's not painful does it matter?

Author Reply
lexy
(no login) Re: Puffy Sternum August 24 2007, 10:35 PM

yup, i have. twice. but it was gone quickly. first time i put the domes back on after 6 hours and tryed to make sure that area isn't pressed on but it was still swollen and poping from under the silicone. it was gone by the time i took them off. second time 2 days ago but i took a 14 hour break and it calmed down. i have no ideea what it is. may be the tissue covering the bone and the pressure was somehow too high on the area. i was swollen right between the boobss, starting from the middle to the lower end of the sternum.

anyway i don't think it's anything to worry about.

Louise
(no login) Re: Puffy Sternum August 25 2007, 7:18 AM

Thanks, for some reason it's more obvious at the end of the day than when I take the domes off - maybe because it's more obvious between empty boobs than swollen ones! At least something's happening!

lexy
(no login) Re: Puffy Sternum August 26 2007, 1:20 AM

right after u take them off the domes were pressing on the area and there was no room for swelling so that's normal. a couple hours after it's at it's peak in my case but like i said it goes away in a day or so.

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER puffy August 26 2007, 3:22 AM

Lay off the extra suction for a couple days just let the smart/sportbox do the suction. give your skin a chance to rest a bit without wasting weeks by loosing 2 days or more without wearing the system.

I have not had it happen to me yet but i am fairly broad across the chest Sad just wish i had projection to go with it. Tongue.

I hit 3788 total hours today 248 days into it 15.27 hours per day average 1687 hours to go for goal. then i give it a rest.

Cheers to growing ladies. good luck stick with it.

seems to work more on the bone tissue
November 9 2007 at 9:15 PM lexy (no login)

remember i posted that i had a border on the inner side of each breast? i was wrong i have a border allover. a bony circle around the boobs. it seems like my bone has grown. when my boobs are swollen it's all good but when i completly deflate it shows on the upper and inner part. and that sucks. i am afraid that if i don't keep anything, the border will be very obvious on the upper part and i will have destroyed my nice round small boobs. i liked them better before. i'm thinking i should stop but i'm scared to take the step. i have about 25 weeks already. i stopped counting the hours about 2 weeks ago.

louise if you read this... you said you had a bony lump too in my other post. i remember i used to have something like that. like one of my ribbs was a bit swollen between my boobs. now all are and they formed a border.

just as a warning. feel ur boobs carefully when the swelling is gone and they are back to being nice and soft.

i would apreciate any thoughts or ideeas. good luck

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: seems to work more on the bone tissue November 9 2007, 10:38 PM

Hi Lexy,

Do you wear the Brava bra or an equivalent? I first got the lump when I visited hubby abroad. He didn't like to see me in the domes and didn't like the big fart noise if I lose a seal trying to get to sleep so I mainly wore them while he was at work. As no one knew me I sucked them on really tight and used a sports bra then put loose clothes on and went out and about it them. I hardly ever do this at home and since I've been using the airlock and spend most of the evening lying around I don't bother with the bra. The bra points the domes inwards and puts a lot of pressure on the sternum area. Since I've stopped wearing it the domes point out more and the pressure is spread more evenly. As far as I can tell my lump's gone, it was only really ever visible when I'd had the domes on very tight for a long time and more as it was red than raised. I'll have a poke about tomorrow after work. My boobs in general are really fairly firm - like pressing your wrist not your stomach. They are harder when not swollen. I lost 14 lbs before starting Brava and have lost 15 lbs since, I've lost about 0.5 inch from my hips, 0-0.5 from my waist. Possibly some from my arms and a lot round the shoulders. Also now got ribs between my boobs which I never had before. Trying to lose fat from my legs. I think losing all this from the top half means that I'm left with fairly dense breast tissue which is why it's hard.

If you're worried I'd stop, give it a few days and see if it goes away. The reading I've done on chostrochondritis says it goes on it's own. Does it feel painful to touch? Painful to breathe? I very occasionally get a sharp pain, and sometimes get pain and shortness of breath for a few seconds when I remove the domes especially if I've had them very tight but I never get the hickey marks like I used to - maybe the skin has stretched or got used to it? The Brava coach told me that some people who are very slow responders take 20-22 weeks to see an improvement at the end of the day but there is no benefit from wearing beyond 26 weeks. Then you need 3-4 months break before another cycle. Are you seeing growth at the end of the day? They also said to do 2-3 weeks more after you see the size you want at the end of the day to make it permanent. I only really had a visible difference after week 16. I want to do 26-30 weeks in total as I missed a couple of nights travelling, but I think you've done enough to get an idea whether it works for you or not.

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: seems to work more on the bone tissue November 10 2007, 12:45 AM

I do have a small bony lump on my sternum...more to my left side. It is very tender to touch but you can't really see it unless the light shines in a specific way.

I am keeping a very watchful eye on it..

I hope whatever happened to your chest will go away Lexy.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Lexy...... November 10 2007, 9:26 PM

Ok, have left the domes off for 13.5 hours and can just about feel a slight bony lump where it was before, about the shape and flat size of an almond but only half as raised. Nothing to see either looking down or in the mirror. I've got ribs sticking out all over the place but not specifically where the domes touch. Where exactly is your ring? Is it just where the deflated boob attaches to the chest or further out where the silicone bit goes? I think mine is where the hard edge of the dome pressed through the silicone when I tried to airlock the right to the same size as the left. I think hubby would be lucky to find it if he knew what to look for and 99% sure he wouldn't notice otherwise and I'm still at least 0.5 cups bigger than when I was 30 lbs heavier so really think it's doing something good for me - thank God!

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: seems to work more on the bone tissue November 11 2007, 2:22 PM

Lexy I have another question for you---

Have you used just the smartbox's suction,or an airlock/manual suction as well?

I think I remember reading the smartbox's suction was too subtle to do anything to your bones, but perhaps if you used a stronger suction it might have done something,I don't know.

lexy
(no login) sorry to reply this late, i was away for a bit November 12 2007, 1:01 PM

so the ring of bone has a width of about 3cm on the upper part and between my boobs and it's smaller on the outer sides and below. when i deflate i can only feel the upper and inner part and very lil on the rest. on the upper part is positioned just inside the domes, and in the lower part, just under the boobs so it is clearly not a result of dome pressure. i can tell that because where the domes hit i have a ligher coloured circle cause they rubbed against my skin and all the tan went away. and the swollen part is just below that.

i do use airlock during the day but i set the pressure with the smartbox every 2 hours or so. it is just so i protect the smartbox. when i use the smartbox i do, however, press the domes against my chest to get better suction since i feel my smartbox is weaker then in the begining. i do wear the bra at night, but again, the swelling is not a result of dome pressure and it is more to the upper part then the inner part.

it is not at all painfull, nor does it give me breathing problems or anything else. it is simply an aesthetical issue that after all is not that bad if i get to keep at least the 1.5cm on each breast that i seem to have gained. but if i lose it, i have a problem. i have had this measurement for a long time so it looks like im not growing anymore. i also don't swell that much either.
it has been 25 weeks since i started but i think i lost at least 5.

and louise, i have ribbs between my boobs now too Smile

i haven't given up yet but i have tryed to place the domes much lower. i was trying to go below the swollen area but that's not posible. i still think it may be a lil better.

and as a tip to everyone. i have always had problems losing seal at night cause i don't hear the smartbox. i first solved that by not setting the alarm that would stop the smartbox if i don't hear it. since then i woke up with some swelling in the morning so even if i lose it it's not for long. if the smartbox starts at eventually hear it. also, since i tryed placing the domes lower i can sleep on the side and lose no suction at all. i have been doing this for a week and i forgot how much fun it is tu curl up in bed and for my boyfriend to be able to hold me at night. before this he had to climb the pillows i had on the sides to do thatSmile. i place them very low. i can see more then an inch of skin under the breast after i suck them on. also the upper part has to be lower then my armpits so when i lift my arms forward i don't feel them. but i would not recommend this if you have fat tissue on ur ribbs. i don't so i'm not worryed i'll grow there.

i hope that if i don't get growth, at least that swollen area will go away.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: seems to work more on the bone tissue November 12 2007, 1:43 PM

I don't know if it is what I had, but I had a swollen area under each breast from placing the domes too low and pressing them on too hard. According to the Brava coach, it would become a "fat pad" under each breast because of how hard I pressed them on and placing them too low. I was putting them lower because after they were on for a few hours, the silicone rims would expand and press under my armpits and when I was laying on my back, sometimes they seemed to expand and be up near my collarbone. She said to take an ink pen and measure 1 1/2" below the breast crease and make a mark there. Place the domes OUTER edge there. If you do that, when the smartbox suction is activated it leaves enough space for air to circulate around your breast without your breast resting on the actual inside of the dome. When you remove them in the morning and see the outline, they are in perfect position. It almost seems like the domes' silicone edge changes size and shape during wear. My sportbox would come on a few times during wear too adjust pressure and I would feel it pull on my chest more. Apparently resting your breast on the inside of the dome can cause skin problems and she also said don't press too hard even though it may take longer to get a seal because the silicone will break down quicker and you'll apply too much suction to the surrounding tissue. After doing what she said, I noticed the swelling underneath went away. If you press less hard and use the sportbox/smartbox, it may alarm and you might have to try again to get your seal. I had the most trouble with air escaping along the sides, so I would try to hold really still and lightly run my hands along the sides where the air came out the most, but once you get the seal, it should stay put unless you ready for something or put your arm too far behind you. At first, I also had my husband lightly hold the sides still so the air could come out.

Louise
(no login) Re: seems to work more on the bone tissue November 12 2007, 2:07 PM

Lexy - are you sure your domes aren't too wide for your body. When I put either the narrow L or narrow XL on it only covers the boob not the surrounding area, although I think there may have been some overlap to start. Also after maybe 2 hours the L is full and nipple pressed at the end, then when I move up to the XL before bed (don't like to hang around the house in them!) I've already got skin up against the inside of the dome. I know if I've been wearing them a lot I get the middle swelling that you had and as the swelling goes down I get a little swelling beneath each breast but I think this is just where gravity has moved the fluid down as the swelling goes down - I know someone who overdid it with some sort of arm exercise and got a watery swelling on each side under her armpit that took a few days to go and during healing it made it's way right down her side. I'm not sure if the midline ribs is to do with Brava making bones more prominent or just weight loss as I know my waist hasn't changed and my hips haven't changed much, have definitely lost a bit of lovehandle and fatty arms but I've also developed sticky out shoulder bones that I didn't have before, and my ribs are also more noticeable down my back. I think a fair bit of my weight loss has been top half.

Also how much growth do you have in terms of bust / underbust measurements and bra size?
When are you thinking of stopping?

I thought I was getting less swelling but seemed to have got it back now, maybe I wasn't sucking hard enough.

jodi
(no login) how did u lose weight louise? November 27 2007, 8:56 PM

hey louise, i've been reading your posts and am now wondering how you lost all the weight? congrats by the way. does brava help in losing weight somehow? or were you dieting and exercising? thanks!
jodi

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: seems to work more on the bone tissue November 27 2007, 10:32 PM

Brava's good but not that good! I lost 14 lbs just by not constantly eating junk food and was doing a little bit of 80s aerobics with Jane Fonda tapes but never very often as I'm lazy (Feb-May), then got Brava in June and also take Wonderup, all of these things have better chance of working if you have a high protein diet and drink lots of water, the only thing I could find that was veggie and high protein without lots of fat was slim fast so been having 2 slim fast meal bars, a low fat egg sandwich and a pack of low fat crisps daily (and nothing else most days although cheating a bit now). Only intended to maintain the weight I'd already lost but by September had lost another 15 lbs (doing now exercise at all now!). I'm now in pretty good shape but got nasty saddlebag thighs, doing daily workout that my personal trainer gave me and about to start callenetics 10 hour (1 per week) program. Still have the slim fast meal replacement bar for breakfast every day and the low fat egg sandwich, then have porridge with booby herbs and soy milk for dinner 3 nights per week and a low fat dinner (chilli bean wraps or pasta usually) on the other nights and probably another slim fast bar. So far since June I'm down half inch on my waist and hips, no change on the thighs, down half-one inch underbust and up 1-1.5 inches on the bust. With Brava I won't know if this is a true result until couple of weeks after I finish but here's hoping! Feb-May lost about half-one cup from 32B on fat body to loose B / A on slimmer body, now more like very full B / C on even slimmer body so making progress! Will DEFINITELY be posting all over the place if I can pull this off! If it's lower body / leg exercise you're interested let me know.

jodi
(no login) yes, lower body exercise November 28 2007, 1:06 AM

hi louise,
thanks for all your replies to all my questions. yes, i am looking to tone my lower body--particularly those pesky thighs! i like my butt...altho a small lift may do it well too. i lost about 20 lbs since march and have maintained it thus far. altho, i think i'm starting to put a bit back on. i haven't gotten on the scale but am starting to feel it in my pants a bit. so i was thinking of going on a diet called the apple cleanse diet where you eat nothing but apples all day whenever you're hungry and then for dinner, you eat 50% of your meal consisting of green veggies with protein. it's also good for cleansing. i'm just so unmotivated right now. i also need to exercise, but haven't gotten my butt up to do it yet since july! your diet sounds really good too. i am the classic pear shape...small waist and arms and very small boobs! wide hips, big butt (which i like..and so does the hubby, btw...heheh), and chubby thighs (which i am NOT feeling!). i used to be muscular back in the day in high school but now 10 years later, it's starting to sag! anyway, yes, if you have any good lower body exercises, i would so appreciate it. thanks again louise...
jodi

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: seems to work more on the bone tissue November 28 2007, 9:56 AM

Wow! The apple diet takes me back - tried that when I was 14 but mine had you eating only apples and drinking wate for 48 hours then excitingly introducing brown rice...I did the two days although I remember I felt sick but couldn't do the next two weeks.

I've also been very pear shaped, small waist and upper body, fat thighs and arms, big backside. But actually mine is more to do with fat distribution than bone structure and now the only fat I have left is my thighs and boobs...hope the boobs anyway! I'll collect together the info from repsonses to my posts about exercise tips on the main board, write up mine and stick it all in the reference page section hopefully today or tomorrow.

Callanetics looks great - it's a book by someone trained in classical ballet about the exercises she used to get her figure how she wanted and kind of physiotherapy for her back and knee problems, also includes butt photos of her students, some are just before and after but one is after 1 session each week for 19 weeks and over the 19 pics you can see a slow elimination of lovehandles and saddlebags. It's not strenuous cardio work so shoudln't burn fat where you don't want, it's just to tone the whole body. The book is no longer in print but I got mine from Thrift Books (I think through Amazon new and used) for about $5. You read the instructions in the book and do a one hour workout per week at your own pace so you can do the whole lot on your day off or a bit every evening. I'll be doing this as well as my trainer's program.

so... i stopped
November 20 2007 at 1:58 AM lexy (no login)

i remember i was always afraid of reading posts like the one i'm typing right now. 1 have 3 nights without brava so far. 14 hours after i took it off for the last time i had the constant 1.5cm on each boob that has been there for more then 2 months and it made me realise that if i grew at all i'm not growing anymore.
3 days later i seem to have only 1cm growth. i am scared to measure further. not that i can see anything. 1cm does not show. AT ALL. and i'm 100% sure that it's bone swelling that i'm praying will go away. all brava did for me, i'm afraid, is change my shape and bring some blood vessels closer to the skin. and i liked my shape better before. and i swear they are softer now. they didn't get saggy but i can feel it.
i remember the D cup days when i was so full of hope. i'm not sorry i tryed it. at least i won't be left wondering if it would have worked for me. i'll give it about 2 weaks to see if i have permanent shape damage. i'll also try to post some pictures.
i had a couple of weaks when i could wear it for like 7-9 hours a day. i dunno how badly that influenced my lack of growth. plus all those nights when i lost suction... although i tryed to wear it so i could be sure i logged at least 10 hours, i'm not sure how well i did. so i'm not a model for brava but i sure don't like the side effects.

overall, 25 weeks, 2626 hours, 15h/day average.... i'll measure again in a few days

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: so... i stopped November 20 2007, 10:40 PM

Hi Lexy, sorry to hear you've had such a bad time. Out of your 25 weeks how many did you do 11+ consecutive hours every single night with no loss of suction? What was the most consecutive weeks where you managed to get 11+ consecutive hours every single night with no loss of suction? Have you lost weight at all? What was your starting / finishing bust and underbust measurement and bra size? Let us know if the rib thing goes away. Do you have a very low BMI? Did you outgrow your 1st domes to the point where they were always too small or just that you could touch right at the end of a session? How much swelling did you get? (I remember you saying you didn't get much at the end). Sorry that all this will obviously be more help to future users than to you - hope you find something else that works instead and that you're sleeping better, take care x

lexy
(no login) Re: so... i stopped November 21 2007, 3:06 AM

first of all i'm not sure i'm not gonna try again if the bone growth stays but i will definetly change my aproach. i will have to use domes with much smaller diameter so the bone growth happens under the breast and not around. but i will get x-rays first to make sure there were no other side effects. to answer ur questions, louise:

"Out of your 25 weeks how many did you do 11+ consecutive hours every single night with no loss of suction? What was the most consecutive weeks where you managed to get 11+ consecutive hours every single night with no loss of suction? Have you lost weight at all? "

easyer to give you my notes:
1: 12, 16, 6, 14, 14, 15, 21,5 - 98h
2: 16, 6, 10, 22, 7, 20, 11, 9 -101h
3: 8, 3, 11, 12, 5, 18, 12, 14, 16 - 99h
4: 18, 18, 7, 9, 9, 10, 8 - 79h
5: 9, 8, 7, 14, 14, 16, 11, 17 - 95h
6: 19, 15, 8, 20, 6, 11, 13, 12 - 104h
7: 20, 10, 16, 21, 17, 28, 7 - 119h
8: 13, 17, 10, 14, 16, 16, 16 - 102h
9: 18, 6, 10, 11, 10, 14, 18, 16 - 103h
10: 18, 23, 12, 16, 21, 18, 19 - 127h
11: 7, 19, 15, 19, 18, 37 - 115h
12: 14, 12, 11, 17, 12, 16, 20 - 102h
13: 13, 4, 9, 12, 14, 8, 7 - 67h
14: 8, 30, 11, 16, 15, 17 - 97h
15: 15, 12, 20, 19, 17, 16, 13 - 112h
16: -, 14, 19, 12, 18, 15, 14 - 92h
17: 18, 16, 14, 13, 12, 14, 18 - 105h
18: 12, 14, 10, 13, 16, 12, 16 - 93h
19: 12, 22, 21, 13, 14, 28 - 110h
20: 11, 27, 17, 16, 16, 24, 21 - 132h
21: 10, 15, 10, 20, 24, 20 - 99h
22: 18, 19, 17, 18, 16, 14, 20 - 122h
23: 37, 18, 18, 15, 20, 15 - 123h
24: 20, 18, 17, 19, 14, 19, 13 - 120h
25: didn't take notes, but i did not lose any days - estimate 110h

total: 2626h

some weeks i logged many hours at once so if you see only 6 entrys it does not mean i lost a day.
lost only one night completly in week 16 but i have plenty with under 11.

"What was your starting / finishing bust and underbust measurement and bra size?"

sorry i didn't write those down. i only measured each breast individually and i was 19cm across the left and 17cm across the right. now i'm about 20.5 and 19. we'll see if that stays

"Do you have a very low BMI?"

yup, 17,6 but very happy about it. i'm skinny and i like it. wouldn't trade that for bigger boobs.

"Have you lost weight at all?"

i've been ~52kg all my post teen years but i might have lost some fat. not sure, but if i did my boobs, ribbs and face would be the first to lose it. nothing significant though, the scale doesn't show it.

"Did you outgrow your 1st domes to the point where they were always too small or just that you could touch right at the end of a session? "

I did and pretty fast. as in if i only took a 6-8 hour break i would fill them up in about 4 hours. and that happent after about 6-7 weeks. but after i got my bigger set i stopped swelling that much and i chose to let the smartbox do it's thing so i can wear the smaller ones (i simply hated the wide-large ones)

"How much swelling did you get?"

depending on the hours i would wear it, and the break between the sessions i would swell up to 24-26cm on across each breast.

Loiuse i think you started with narrow. can you tell me what ur smallest domes are and can you measure them for me? i am interested in the horizontal and vertical diameter.

Oh and i wanna sell my wide-large ones. If i will do another session i will surelly not need them since i'll probably go with narrow. If there's anyone interested i can take some pics so you can see exactly the condition they are in. i estimate i wore them about 15 times.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: so... i stopped November 21 2007, 5:10 PM

Looking at your hours it seems to be only weeks 10,12, and 15-25 that you didn't have at least one night less thn 8.5 hours even though you wore for long hours elsewhere which may have made up for it. Were you still losing the seal over night the last 10 weeks? Difficult to relate to your measures - will have a measure of myself when the swelling's down. What bra band size do you wear? If it's 34 you may want to try narrow domes, less than 34 definitely narrow.

These are the dimensions of the narrow large:

Horizontal rigid plastic: 9.5
Vertical rigid plastic: 13.5
Depth rigid plastic: 9.5

Horizontal including silicone: 16
Vertical including silicone: 20.5
Depth including silicone: 12

Have you ever had your body fat measured? I know they say on the main forum you can't grow from herbs if your BMI is less than 19 but not sure that applies with suction, do you eat a lot of protein and a reasonable amount of fat? Roughly how many calroies are you getting per day? My BMI's 20 and I weight quite a bit less than you so guess you're really tall - not sure how other people of your build have done, I'm similar to Diana1978, pretty slim but a bit pear-shaped. Maybe you're right about smaller domes causing the boney bit to be in a different place, mine is definitely under the breast rather than separate.

lexy
(no login) Re: so... i stopped November 22 2007, 2:33 AM

thx for the dimensions.
about my hours... the first weeks i use to do separate short sesions but i still did the 10 minimum so if you see a 3-5-6 or something like that it's a short extra. i counted to have lost 8 weeks. and the last 10 weeks i didn't lose seal cause i wouldn't start the alarm. funny i would not hear the alarm going on for 1 minute but i would hear the buzzing every time. i wear a 34 bra i'm 29" underbust and now 33.5 around. i was maybe 33 when i started but i can't remember. i wear the same bra. i don't actually wear bras but...Smile i used to be obsesed with padded bras in highschool. then i stopped caring or better yet i realised that even small, a natural breast is much sexyer then a padded bra. anyway...

about nutrition and body fat. i always ate anything i wanted . i used to eat a lot more when i lived with my parents but my weight hasn't changed. i have no ideea how many calories i eat. i consider the calory miths to be overrated. i do know a lot about nutrition but i only apply now and then when i like to think i'm eating healthy and not to lose weight, that would be crazy. my body fat is around 18% if i'm not mistaking but i don't remember exactly. under 20% for sure.

try to wait once for the swelling to go away and carefully feel ur breasts. i'm curious if i'm the only one to respond this way. funny, if i lift my boobs, the rib that is right under the lower edge of the boob is showing. if it were only under my boobs. the part that shows and i don't like is exactly the part that forms the cleaveage. not that bad anyway. i'll have to see if anybody would notice. my roomie said it's all good.

Alcest
(no login) Re: so... i stopped November 25 2007, 2:16 AM

Lexy how are they looking now? it's been about 4 days?

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: so... i stopped November 25 2007, 9:29 PM

It's difficult for me to imagine how much tissue you have overlying your ribs because most of your measurements are similar to mine but you're a lot taller so your BMI's very low - not sure if this means you actually look skinnier but the measurements you give do sound like you had a reasonable amount of breast tissue to start not like you only increased bone mass because that's all you had on your chest. I'm not sure if the ribs just below my boobs are slightly enlarged - definitely no visible change and I've lost a lot of weight so got boens sticking out of various places on my top half. I definitely have visible ribs down my cleavage area but like lines across like normal ribs then obscured by the breast and showing again at the side, this is probably just weight loss, not sure if I had this last time I was this low on weight but I do remember I was down to about 32A so at least I'm not in that position! Let us know how the boobs and ribs get on - esp as you get past 2-3 weeks. At least if you're left with a bit of extra breast tissue that's something to work on next time and I would think a second cycle would be easier in terms of adaptation and you seem to have fixed the loss of seal problem. I'm currently using BB for half hour before my Brava sessions, not the massage setting but 'suck' which seems to be the strongest. Will complete 10 weeks like this then have 2 weeks off and post progress. Think I may then do another 3-4 months Brava before the weather gets warm.

lexy
(no login) Re: so... i stopped November 25 2007, 9:58 PM

my breasts look pretty normal. front is the same. the profile gives away the swollen area above my boobs but i doubt anyone would notice. when i lift them i see my rib under the breast a lil swollen but i don't have to lift them and if i could get more swelling just there it would be great. it's been a week now. i do think my swelling in the bones went away a tiny lil bit but so did about 2-3 mm. now i can't decide between 1.5 or just 1cm growth.

to louise, i was never flat. i did have a lil boobs to start with. i was between 32B and 34A. my underbust measuring was about 28.5 and still is that means i am between 32 and 34 band. i still wear the same bra and i don't really see a diference. i can't tell if i gained any breast tissue or not.

Louise
(no login) Re: so... i stopped November 26 2007, 6:30 AM

p.s. not sure if the bottom bit of my sternum isn't bigger but hard now rather than swollen before - have you noticed this? (Sounds like you do have some permanent gain, that gives us all hope). I think it's hard to tell with all this rib issues because I never really paid attention to tem before I started so not sure it isn't just my imagination.

Visible ribs between boobs - does anyone else have this?
December 12 2007 at 10:21 PM Louise (Login Louise1982)

I have lost weight but I'm sure I've been lighter than this in the past without such obvious ribs between my boobs. In a push up bra it's pretty much hidden but topless it's fairly obvious and the boobs appear closer in my before pics (about 1-2cm) than my after pics (more like 3-4cm). I'm not even that skinny (BMI 20) but have almost no fat left on my upper body. Have found a few pis to illustrate what I mean:

It's not as bad as this but these are the central ribs I'm referring to (the other bones near the shoulders that this girl demonstrates are also more pronounced than I'd like):

http://mamavision.files.wordpress.com/20...ibs055.jpg

My boobs are kind of in between the 26 year old on the far right's before and after pics:

http://www.brava.com/acog-poster-session.asp

Does anyone else who is not super-skinny have these obvious ribs or has Brava pushed the fat off them somehow? Do people who are super-skinny have them or am I on my own?
Has anyone else developed this with Brava use? The ribs between boobs are almost as obvious as on the girl pictured but luckily I have more breast tissue, the shoulder bones aren't as obvious. Maybe BMI is inaccurate for me as all my fat is on my legs.

Author Reply
livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Visible ribs between boobs - does anyone else have this? December 13 2007, 12:37 PM

My ribs are not showing more than before Brava, but I have not worn as long as you. I have little upper body fat too - all on the thighs down to knees. My ribs show under my boobs but not between. Is it the area where the two domes meet in the middle? Would it help to reverse your domes or angle their placement? Do you think the suction is too strong or using the other machines too may affect it? The 26 year old looks good though. The other girl is just too skinny. Too bad we can't have the fat go where we want it. I'd like to lose another 10 lbs. to hopefully get some of the fat off my thighs, but I'm worried it will probably end up coming off the top instead. I'm also hoping it's better to lose the weight while on Brava instead of after. I probably should have lost it before I even started. How much longer do you have? I'm only on day 18 and the end seems like a long way off but each day isn't bad - I'm just in a hurry. I'm shooting for the end of March or Mid April so that I won't have to deal with it in nice weather. Thankfully, the second cycle is much easier.

Louise
(no login) Re: Visible ribs between boobs - does anyone else have this? December 13 2007, 5:49 PM

Hi Livinonaprayer,

Thanks for your response, it may just be due to weight loss, at least I haven't got raised calcifications! It is down the middle where the cushions sit but I'm so small they barely fit me as it is, there's no room for movement (although I guess using them upside down may alter it slightly) I do suck it on as hard as I can bear it then let a little out when I can't take it and suck again after a few mins. I generally have it slightly looser overnight so I can get to sleep. There were other girls before I started that were taking tylenol for it but I don't think it can be good for you if it's too painful. I already had the visible ribs before I started adding the BB.

I intended to do 26 weeks as this was the maximum recommended by Brava but because I had a few short sessions or broken sessions when I visited hubby abroad I thought I'd add a bit to be sure. Aim to be done Jan 30th then going to leave them totally unmolested for 2 weeks so I can retake the measurements before I do my 2nd cycle. I'm going to do a trial of 1 hour BB (which is what they recommend) then hopefully 14 hours Brava average for another 12 weeks or so, then I need a proper break. Thought I may as well have the break over summer, will try to so some GY-type and Pansyclub massage to have the maximum tissue ready for cycle 3.

After a second long cycle I may have to consider that I've got what I'm going to get from it and see if I can use the Noogleberry longterm to maintain a little extra - supposedly you start off pumping with a handpump maybe 30 mins 2x daily and get to a point where you can cut down to 1-2 x weekly which isn't too much trouble. I respond well to suction and get quite big in a short time now but want to see what I can get with no maintenance first....then there's the herbs....

The one good thing is that in clothes I do look better in the evening than in the morning, at least I can see what is too big. I don't think I'd want 250cc more.

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: Visible ribs between boobs - does anyone else have this? December 13 2007, 9:10 PM

Hi Louise,

I believe I have the same problem as you---- However, they aren't actually "ribs". You're talking about where your ribs meet in the center of your chest in that strip of bone right? That's your sternum. At first I was confused as to what you were talking about with ribs between your chest but when I saw that girl's picture I understood you meant sternum.

I have two bumps that have swollen due to the Brava on my left side...Don't know why i'ts just two, don't know why just that side. They are tender and I've also gotten a blister on each bump. They don't look too horrible unless the lighting is a certain way on them. Easily hidden in most lighting. And my sternum bone has always been prominent because I am skinny. My ribs show too.

So your sternum hurts as well? Mine does too. Sometimes I have to lean over for a few minutes to take the pressure off of it and that often helps. Then I can lie back down and go to sleep...

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER yeouch December 15 2007, 8:29 AM

I feel sorry for that girl. she is anorexic or dang close to it. bmi of 5 or less

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Visible ribs between boobs - does anyone else have this? December 15 2007, 6:00 PM

Sorry about the pic of the girl, it was the only one I could find that demonstrated what I meant.

Alcest - no I don't mean the sternum, I mean horizontal visible ribs between the boobs! I occasionally get a swollen sternum if I airlock really tight but I have no regular lumps or bumps that are new. My boobs just seem further apart than previously and I can see the ribs running horizontally around my back to my chest then they disappear under each boob and then reappear in between and join the sternum. My shoulder bones stick out a bit as well but not as bad as the girl pictured although the ribs look almost as bad as hers (but with boobs on thank God!). I'm not sure if this is what happens when your body naturally prefers to lose weight from the upper body or if Brava is kind of gathering all the tissue from the waist up into the boobs!

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Visible ribs between boobs - does anyone else have this? December 18 2007, 3:18 PM

i def. have ribs showing in between. i have a normal bmi of 22-21 about i think, im 5'6 and weigh 120lbs so im definitly healthy, not even 'skinny' looking just normal. i'm not particulary heavy on the bottom either, im quite evened out but for some reason my ribs stick out between my boobs (lack of boobage, im 32a). I,ll see if brava helps or intensifies this

mine hurts a little bit
March 3 2007 at 8:49 AM minniecooper (Login minniecooper)

has anyone had this problem? while i am wearing the brava bra my sternum is very sore, right where the domes meet. i have consulted my problem with a caoch and she said my my bra was mabe too small. I am slinder with 32A my domes are medium wide with a large bra. i do unzip it and it feels a lot better but i get air somtimes a lose vac. Any one else have this problem?

Author Reply
diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER YES!!! March 3 2007, 2:09 PM

Just unzip it midway, and maybe put a safety pin at the top to keep it together, so much relief on the breastbone...

help sternum pain is accompanied by a patch of bright redness
April 25 2008 at 9:14 PM kat (no login)

And I am not wearing the bra.......its so sore what should I do, also I have skin irritation almost like a worm under ther skin its like a raised line. any sugestions....I want this to work i don't want to get a boob job.

Author Reply
Roseability86
(Login roseability86) Re: help sternum pain is accompanied by a patch of bright redness April 27 2008, 12:56 PM

How is it now? Which device were you using... Brava, BB, or NB? Brava gave me some terrible pains and rashes, I think it's because of how long you have to wear it and the adhesive they use. I even had a scar from Brava on my left breast where the sides of the silicone stuff had dug into my skin and cut me open - it's gone now, nearly a year later.

kat
(no login) brava April 28 2008, 9:23 PM

i am wearing brava

kat
(no login) pain April 29 2008, 12:02 AM

still have it

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: help sternum pain is accompanied by a patch of bright redness April 29 2008, 10:33 AM

I would stop wearing brava until its healed up. I had something similar recently, it went bright red, sore, and was slightly raised. I left it to long, and carried on wearing brava sporadicly thinking it would heal up and it got worse. In the end I've had to stop altogether and get hydrocortisone cream to heal it up. I'm unsure whether I'll be able to wear it again now, as my skin seems in a hypersensitive state. When its totally better I might wear it for one night and see if goes ok. If not I'll have to leave my skin alone for a few months and then start a 2nd cycle later. Good luck Smile

Louise
(no login) Re: help sternum pain is accompanied by a patch of bright redness April 30 2008, 2:30 PM

When I got to the end of my session and my domes were a bit knackered I got a patch like this which eventually broke the skin. I founf the best thing was to apply a lot of antiseptic skin cream then a tiny piece of cling film (?saran wrap) just big enoug to cover the sore patch, then more cream and another piece of cling film - this allows the two pieces of cling film to rub against each other and all the cream prevents friction on the skin. I didn't miss a night and at one point the skin actually healed up by doing this while still putting in long hours. I did have to reduce the suction slightly so it wasn't too painful to sleep. Also, don't wear underwiring during the day as this rubs on the same area.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon