Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Brava vs brava sport

Brava Sport
May 31 2006 at 9:35 PM Sharon (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is this Brava Sport I've heard about recently? How is it different to Brava? I gather it's not just a change of name.

Author Reply
Cathy
(no login) Re: Brava Sport May 31 2006, 9:50 PM

Brava Sport is a cheaper no-frills version of Brava. Works the same way I guess but costs you $300 less.

Edit Message Delete Message

Heidi
(no login) Brava sport June 1 2006, 1:54 AM

Hi. I just bought the brava sport. The difference is that the smartbox runs on 2 aaa batteries instead of being rechargable.You only get one 45 minute coaching phone consultation, and you can't upload your information. It cost me, $869 that was with all the lotions and shipping.

Sally Anne
(Login sally.anne)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava Sport June 1 2006, 11:16 AM

Thanks for the information Heidi, that's interesting. It seems like the main thing is the batteries being used instead of the rechargeable smart box, but I'm just wondering how many batteries you would go through. Because of how long you have to wear Brava, I'd think you would get through an awful lot of batteries.

Heidi
(no login) Brava sport June 1 2006, 5:05 PM

Hello,

Yeah, I was thinking that to. I thought it eat batteries like my digital camera. So I went out and bought two huge packages of them.Smile But so far I haven't had to change them yet and it's been a week. The book it came with said the batteries will last for two weeks. Heidi

Shannon
(no login) Re: Brava Sport June 2 2006, 8:13 AM

I don't think the loss of Brava's coaching would matter very much. I think this forum is potentially more useful than the coaching, especially if people stay around and keep contributing,.

Anonymous
(no login) Re: Brava Sport June 3 2006, 8:32 PM

I agree, a forum like this has the potential to be just as helpful as Brava coaching, if not more helpful. I've never heard anyone say that Brava's coaching was really that wonderful.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Brava Sport June 12 2007, 2:30 PM

I bought the sport version and never used the coaching session, but if you call the coach message center, they will call you back and answer questions as much as you need to if you are having a problem with your skin or redness, etc. Also, if you can get a coach's extension, call them directly and sometimes they answer the phone instead of you getting a voicemail. Also, follow your orientation checklist. It really helps. It's important to not place the bottom of the dome rim lower than the recommended 1 1/2" even if it looks like not enough because of the size of the rim because once the pressure is achieved, the rim sort of changes shape and the 1 1/2" below the crease turns out to be perfect otherwise you get swelling under your breast and you don't want that because the coach told me it will grow too and you'll get a "fat pad" under your breast. Also, don't press too hard to get a seal. You may have to press lightly on the sides while the box is running until it shuts off because air escapes there easily until sealed. I also found it easier to pull up the bra after the pump shuts off and everything is sealed so that I can continue to press lightly along the sides. If you squash too hard and keep sticking and resticking you'll ruin your domes eventually and they won't stick as well. Also, wait the full 10 minutes for the no-sting prep to dry - it really makes the domes stick better. And you don't need much of the no-sting wipes. Wipe lightly so that there will be enough for both breasts.

misskatherine
(Login misskatherine) Re: Brava Sport June 13 2007, 12:36 AM

i talked to a brava coach twice. i would say they are pretty helpful but a pain to get on the phone. you have to call, leave a message and wait for them to call you back and sometimes it takes a few days. they are excellent at answering any questions you have.

Brava sport
June 10 2007 at 8:26 PM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, Anyone know the difference between these two? Has anyone tried both and found one or other better?

Might be ordering tomorrow!!

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER brava vs sport June 11 2007, 6:24 AM

basically the same the sport box has replaceable batteries and does not come with a charging base. Also the warranty is a bit different.

Also you have to manually keep track of your usage the regular calls brava from the charging base so you can check on brava website.

I have the sport direct from brava but also some used regular ones. I am not sure if the regular one comes with 2 sets of domes now or not. you need to check with brava.

Original VS. Sport
March 15 2007 at 9:04 AM
Miss Monet (Login friskyflirt)

Alright, need some clarification here...

1) What is the difference between the Original Brava and the new Brava Sport?
2) Which, in your opinion, is the better bra?
3) What's the price difference between the two?

Thanks, ladies!! Smile

Author Reply
minnie cooper
(Login minniecooper) Re: Original VS. Sport March 17 2007, 5:51 AM

the only diference is that the sport is about 1,300 cheaper, wow i paid 800.00 somthing for my sport and i ordered directly from the company, and what makes it cheaper is the sport box, it doesn't log the hours for you, you just have to keep up with them yourself. it is the same otherwise. Smile

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER and March 17 2007, 1:54 PM

The sport box is not rechargeable. you just need to replace the batteries every 3 wks or so. much more portable. i was offered the sport for 795 as opposed to 1200 For the original. both straight from the company. be sure to ask them about any specials and if they have free shipping. I got my shipping free plus got a 'coupon' in my email from brava for a hundred dollars off. so be nosey! ask them questions! its your money after all. good luck. i got the sport, btw.

What is the price of Brava Sport?
April 25 2007 at 3:36 AM Anonymous (no login)

Hello!
Do you know what is the price of Brava Sport New?
Thanks.

Author Reply
diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER hi April 25 2007, 1:42 PM

I paid 795 usd total for my brava sport, straight from the company. i got a hundred dollar coupon code from the lady i spoke to and free shipping. i am in the united states. hope this helps.

Roxanne
(no login) Re: What is the price of Brava Sport? April 26 2007, 3:41 AM

Drat, I didn't get the coupon. $895 USD is what I paid. It was worth it for me, because my first smartbox was defective. They just sent me a new one, and I still have the defective one as a backup. It works except it never shuts off. Got some powerful suction that first night!

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER oo April 26 2007, 2:48 PM

Mine did that once. it kept sucking and sucking until i popped it off. my boobs had hickey marks on them. i kept calling the company and emailing the lady i was talking to.and she sent it to me. it pays to be nosey! Smile

Roxanne
(no login) Re: What is the price of Brava Sport? April 27 2007, 5:33 AM

I was surprised at how willing they were to send me a new one - maybe I got the same lady!

Charity
(no login) Re: What is the price of Brava Sport? April 27 2007, 7:45 AM

The Brava smartbox is notoriously unreliable and always has been. They are well used to people reporting faulty ones and probably wouldn't question you about it.

Help! I need a new smart box
September 3 2009 at 11:30 PM trulyyours (Login trulyyours)
I'm a newbie here and I've recently purchased a brava set (supposedly used only three times) on ebay and tried to use it this morning the very first time. After "pumping" for not mere than 5 minutes, the smart box stopped and i tried to re-charge it again afterwards but nothing happened. I also noticed that there is a leakage of the battery inside. I do not live in the States and I dont know where I can purchase a new smart box set. I cannot buy a new battery for this since they can only be purcahsed directly from Brava right? If anyone doesnt need their smart box set, please let me know! I also read in this forum that some use noogleberry instead. where can I buy this online? Please, I will be very grateful for your help.

Author Reply
roakie
(Login roakie)
Re: Help! I need a new smart box September 4 2009, 3:00 PM

Don't despair. Most of us Brava users never use the smartbox since we have found the Noogleberry pump to provide much more suction. You can order the NG pump by itself, or with the tubing if you need it, from the "spare parts" section of the Noogleberry site.
http://www.noogleberry.com/spare_parts_brst.html

When you get the pump, hold the domes and pump gently until you create some good suction - enough to hold the domes on. After about 30 minutes, pump some more air out so that the domes feel nice and snug, but not overly tight, and you will find they stay on easily overnight. Make sure you use aloe vera gel or the no-sting prep wipes to protect the skin and help the domes to stick.

The pump really makes it easy. The smartbox is simply a pain in the neck!

Until you get the pump, you can use manual suction by simply sucking the air out of the t-tube and creating a nice seal. Fold the end of the tubing over with a hair elastic and you are done!

roakie
(Login roakie)
Re: Help! I need a new smart box September 4 2009, 7:24 PM

I just re-read your post. I am not sure what you mean about not being able to buy a battery. My smartbox simply runs on 2 AAA batteries. Can't you just buy those?

molehills
(no login)
Re: Help! I need a new smart box September 6 2009, 10:01 PM

there are two kinds of smartbox...one the 'sportbox,' runs on AAA batteries. The other, rechargeable, smartbox comes with a charging cradle and contains rechargeable batteries. If you put the sportbox with AAA batteries on the charging cradle and try to 'recharge' it, eventually the AAA batteries will overheat and leak fluid. That is what may have happened. That could damage the sportbox. But I did that once and after a while it worked again.

Airlock brava sport system
May 22 2009 at 2:11 AM morgan (no login)

I just bought the brava sport system and it claims that it uses a Sportbox not a smartbox. I know that the botecelli airlock systems can be interchangeable with the smartbox but can it be interchangeable with the Sportbox?

Author Reply
trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Airlock May 22 2009, 3:33 AM

I think the sportbox just refers to the system that is smaller and has less add-ons than the smartbox. They both do the same job.

For Diane or anyone
March 4 2007 at 6:56 AM minnie cooper (Login minniecooper)

I have the Brava Sport too, while wearing it, do you often press on the domes to retain a more of a vac? the sport box does come on for a minute and it feels like its doing a better job, is this ok to do somtimes? but i feel like the sport box should do it on its own not me. and I am scared that it might not have the sufficent vac pull as much while i am sleeping, and how much of a pull should i feel to do what it's meant to do? sorry for all the chatter Im just sleepy :0

Author Reply
diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER personally March 4 2007, 7:53 PM

i use to suck out the air with my mouth for a better seal. i never woke up with lost suction, i dont think. good luck.

Anonymous
(Login ScottishGal20) Suction March 4 2007, 9:33 PM

Hi there,

I am on my 3rd month (just!) of using the Brava system, I started using it on the 1st January this year. In the past week I have done things a bit differently. When I put the domes on at night, I wait for the smart box to stop buzzing......then I suck even more air out with my mouth, this gives the domes a much tighter seal. As well as feeling more secure and (I think) creating more swelling, it means that you rarely get woken up in the middle of the night with the buzzing and gives better results.

Hope this helps!

=)
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon