Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Anyone just doing the amount of time Brava recommends?

Anyone just doing the amount of time Brava recommends?
September 25 2007 at 8:41 PM Bex (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello there,

It sounds from the posts that most people here are planning to do Brava for about half a year or more. To me that sounds like the worst jail sentence anyone could possibly impose on me (I work full time so have to give up every week-night to do it properly). So I'm just doing the basics: 11-16 hours a day (averaging about 13) for about 12-14 weeks.

Is anyone else doing this, or has anyone completed a session of this length? Am hoping to get some growth from it, but not sure if this is wishful thinking.

Am coming up to the end of week 8. Began swelling a lot at week 4, going up to about a C-cup after 12 hours of wear. Am about a large B when I put the domes back on after 12 hours off - suspect it's mainly swelling, but perhaps there's something meaty there.

I heard that your halfway point is when you like your size after 12 hours non-wear - ie this is the size you can expect at the end. Is this what others have experienced? Would be more than happy with a medium B after 14 weeks (started a 34A).

Thanks!
Bx

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Nope September 27 2007, 3:14 AM

No i am not doing just the original recommended time of 10 hours a day for 10 weeks 700 hours total. As of tonight at midnight i have logged 4248 total hours over the last 280 days or 40 weeks with an average per day wear of 15.17 hours.

1227 hours to go then i will take a break. Or in other words. One full year of wearing the system every single day without fail for atleast 9 hours that is the min i have done in one day. I have worn the system much longer. over 72 hours consecutive with only about 20 minutes out of the system to wash the domes and myself. Started out as almost an A cup Now I am a very full B Small C after 16 hours out of the system. Spill out of a D cup sometimes when i take the system off. If i can attain a small C after this i will be very please. However i will keep a set of domes so i can get the little extra from time to time. Tongue

Good luck

Edit Message Delete Message

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Anyone just doing the amount of time Brava recommends? September 27 2007, 2:43 PM

I finished an 11-week cycle in early June. I am planning on another cycle from December - April. I do not want to wear it during nice weather. The second cycle will be my last. I wore between 10 - 17 hours with an average being about 13.5 hours. I do not believe that where you are at midpoint is what you keep. Basically I found my swelling was the same the whole time in the morning and where I was each night before putting them back on was pretty much a gradual increase as the weeks went on. I did have small gains that I've kept. I measured 33.5" before Brava, 37.5" in the morning when removing, 35.5" a week after I stopped and am currently between 34.5 - 35" 3 1/2 months later. I am basically more filled out after 2 pregnancies and breast feeding. Bras more filled out. Not a huge difference but great for me. I only used the sport box and never tried the manual airlock and I probably will not use a manual airlock except in the case of the box failing. I never had skin problems so I don't want to over do suction. I wonder if you actually benefit long term from extra suction - it seems too hard on your body from the posts I've read. You might want to check with a Brava Coach because a coach told me extra suction is sort of like when you twist your ankle and it swells up - you have to give it a rest. She said what is important is not as much your morning swelling but what you retain after having the system off several hours. I almost wonder if you set yourself back with too much suction so that your body doesn't have time to "heal" itself and create those "real" gains. I am no expert but it's just a thought. Also, I'd rather use the system the way it was tested just to be safe. Good luck.

Anne
(no login) Re: Anyone just doing the amount of time Brava recommends? September 28 2007, 7:55 AM

The guidelines for wear given by Brava are absurdly optimistic. In reality you will almost certainly need to wear the darn thing for more hours a day than they recommend and more a lot more weeks too.

essexgirl
(no login) Re: Anyone just doing the amount of time Brava recommends? February 11 2008, 8:13 AM

so did anyone get positive results just bu using brava strictly and only for the recommended time?

Tori
(Login Tori365)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Anyone just doing the amount of time Brava recommends? February 11 2008, 10:18 AM

Initially when I decided to go for brava I was planning to use it for the time it recommends, then I joined this forum and it made me think about putting more time in. I wouldn't be happy with only half a cup size of growth, so I decided to do 26 weeks. This means I will finish in June. I don't want to be using it through the summer, and I think 26 weeks is a realistic length of time for me to put in to achieve something like 1-2 cup sizes of growth. I've been doing 11-16 hours a night and averaging just over 13 hours at the moment. I don't know how people manage it working full-time it must be so hard. I'm a student so I can fit it into my lifestyle. Its possible that I'll do another cycle next Dec if I still want more. I'm hoping to finish for good in June, so hopefully I won't get carried away with boobie greed!

Louise
(no login) Re: Anyone just doing the amount of time Brava recommends? February 11 2008, 6:44 PM

I just thought having paid the money for it I might as well get the most out of it so I literally wore it whenever I was not at work for 7 months. I'm really pleased with my result but I know I wouldn't have done so well with a short session even though I'd just lost a lot of weight so technically should've been a fast responder. I left the domes off to fly long haul after about week 11 and I grown 0.75 inches at that time and it was barely noticeable, half a cup at most so I'm gald I stuck with it. It's been nearly 2 weeks now since I finished and I've gorwn about 1-1.5 cups so I'm not huge but almost "not small".

Maria
(no login) Re: Anyone just doing the amount of time Brava recommends? February 22 2008, 7:28 AM

To the original poster, no I can't remember anyone saying that they used Brava strictly in accordance with the instructions and still got results. It seems that you have to make a bigger commitment than that.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Anyone just doing the amount of time Brava recommends? February 22 2008, 6:40 PM

I think results in 10 weeks will be modest. I am on second cycle, week 13 and started noticing I am maintaining a lot more when I put the domes on at night. This became more apparent around week 12.

questions......
December 4 2007 at 2:23 PM Woolly Sheep (Login bel_rose)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
Ive been using brava for just over 3 weeks now and just had a few queries I wondered if anyone could help with. When I first got it I had looked at the american website that says 10hours a night for 10 weeks - im going travelling in the middle of february so this gave me about 14weeks and most of the time im able to do at least 12hours so thought I would have plenty of time. Looking at the UK websites and all your posts im now really scared im going to be going through all this just to have to stop a few weeks short and it will all be for nothing! I know everyone is different and looks like most of you are putting a lot more hours and weeks in than brava say but do you think it is still worth me perservering until i go away- im not expecting miracles but being able to fill my bikini top a bit before i go away would be great!!

I've not found the sleeping thing TOO bad overall but the last few nights ive been getting really bad itches that are waking me up in the night and driving me crazy - taking all my determination not to take it off just so i can get to sleep but ive seen it through so far and could do with a bit of encouragement that its not all going to be in vain!! (although i know it might be - arrghhh!!) Has anyone found anything that helps the itchiness? Ive used a steroid cream over the area before i go to bed and it seems to work for a bit but then the areas just inside the dome seem to rub or press up against the plastic and really itch? Also ive started getting aches in the front of my shoulders that are waking me up too, has anyone else had these?

i started off with the narrow medium domes and within about a week i was completely filling them within about an hour or two - ive changed over to the narrow large now but think im actually getting less overall swelling with these than the smaller domes and havent noticed any further swelling since the first 10days or so...is that normal?? I thought the swelling would continue to increase but I seem to have reached a plateau already? Am i right to stick with the larger domes or do you think or should i go back down to the smaller ones where i seemed to get more swelling?

hmmm... i think that is everything for now! Sorry for the long post, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!

Author Reply
ali_boobery
(Login ali_boobery)
SENIOR MEMBER response December 4 2007, 11:09 PM

Most women are definitely doing more hours/weeks than Brava recommends. In most cases a lot more.

Author Reply
seri_flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER response December 4 2007, 11:09 PM

Yes keep the larger domes. If you are already filling them. if you bought the system from brava direct return the first set and get the larger ones.

As for rashes itching it is common and you will either get used to it or it will go away or it will drive ya nuts. all three with me.

Use whatever suits your skin to help with the rashes and itching and try not to aggravate the skin any more than you possibly can if you scratch it it will open and you may have to take a break from brava. For the first few weeks refrain from over suction on the domes let your skin get used to them first.

If you can wear it for 14 hours or more a day for atleast the time you have before you leave you will get some gains. Diana did in only 7 weeks but wore it alot during that time.

I am almost to my goal will be "one year" 365 consecutive days of 15 hours per day average. Then i will take a break from this. I need it.

good luck

bel
(Login bel_rose) Re: questions...... December 5 2007, 7:08 PM

thank you!! Hopefully i'll get something out of it then - i'll be grateful for anything!! Having said that about the itching - last night no itching at all but couldnt get the suction to hold on the left dome at all - woke up a couple of times and tried correcting it and went back to sleep thinking it was ok then woke up again to find it had gone - finally woke up at 6.30 and sucked the suction up continually about every 30seconds until when i got up at 8! Then still had my right breast about 2 inches bigger than my left - arrghhh!! Damn this thing! I shall continue to persevere though!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: questions...... December 6 2007, 11:16 PM

Re: losing suction - are you using the sportbox / smartbox? If so you may want to try an airlock or at least suck some air out with your mouth before you put the box on - this will seal quicker than waiting for the pump. Personally I'd try to avoid steroid cream as it thins the skin and will make you more prone to broken skin later on esp with repeated use - this isn't a problem I've had but this is the advice I was given when I had steroid cream for eczema. Seri has used steroid cream with Brava for a year with no problems though.

In terms of your hours, I would just do as much as you can before you go, if nothing else it will stretch the skin a bit (you sart to get more swelling) which will prepare your body for when you come back. Livingonaprayer has just started her second round after a few months break and said it's like picking up where you left off not starting over.

I also have had aching shoulders, got that more at the start and rarely since, usually wehn I suck too hard on the airlock. The best thing to release the shoulders is build up 3 pillows where your head is then put 1 under your stomach and 2 more under your chest just below the domes so that you're lying face down with the domes in between one stack of pillows and the other taking the weight on your face, stomach and lower chest - you can then hug the domes which feels quite comfy and you should be able to keep the seal. I don't usually sleep the night like this but sometimes go back to sleep for another half hour in this position on my day off. Good luck x

bel
(Login bel_rose) Re: questions...... December 9 2007, 12:29 PM

thanks for the advice! I have invested in 3 more pillows so am currently experimenting to see what works best! Its good to know there are other people experiencing the same things. When i wake up ready to pull the thing off it helps to think that at least there are a few other people out there going through the same thing - makes me laugh thinking of us all walking round and propping ourselves up with these pillows with these huge plastic things strapped to us!!

Roxanne
(no login) Re: questions...... December 31 2007, 10:16 PM

Bel, hang in there. My first session only lasted 8 weeks but I still went from an A to a B. I'm 20 weeks into my second session now, and I hardly notice the machine now. I had a lot of itching at first but it's completely gone now. No trouble sleeping any more, with or without pillows. I bought from Brava, and my first set of domes is still holding a seal.

anyone else only do 10 hours?
September 10 2008 at 4:46 PM StacyEllen (Login StacyEllen)

I am really having a hard time wearing my brava for any more than 10 hours a night. I know the swelling and growth would come quicker if I could....last time I did it I think I got in at least 12 hours a day, but now I am lucky if I make 10. How do any of you do it? I don't even work (outside of the home) but I can't seem to put it on any earlier than 8:00 p.m. My kids don't go to bed until 9:00 and I can't pick up my 2 year old with them on. I can't bend over and brush his teeth, I can barely get him dressed. My hubby is very supportive, but come on, and I not supposed to do anything for the baby for 20 weeks? Then there is the sweating issue. If i put on the domes too early, they drive me nuts. I get sweaty doing anything and then the domes get itchy. I like to put them on around 9:00 or 9:30 and then go straight to bed, even if I am not going to sleep. Then there is the morning dilema--i have to get my 6 year old ready for school and out to the bus stop by 8:00....I have to go outside with him, so the domes have to be off by 7:30 at the most. I get up around 6:00 with the 2 year old, and somehow manage not to have to carry him around (fortunately my 13 year old is very helpful with him before she goes off to school)but I can't do much of anything for me or anyone else until the domes come off. Again, the sweatiness problem and they are so cumbersome and uncomfortable by morning. I am very grumpy when I get up and have to leave them on for an hour. These things are such a pain in the neck. I am irritated because I think I could cut my weeks down if I could keep them on for 14 hours a day or so, like some of you do. I am figuring that to go from my small B cup to a small C (which is my goal) I will have to wear these things until spring. I can't imagine putting me and my family through this until then.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I still have A.C.'s going in some rooms just so that I don't get so sweaty but it doesn't seem to help. How in the world do you girls wear these things for so long a day?

HELP!!!!

Author Reply
dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: anyone else only do 10 hours? September 11 2008, 3:50 AM

I've heard so many people saying that they can't do much or move around much with them on - are you using a smartbox or airlock? with the airlock I can do pretty much anything - get ready for work, clean the house... i understand the sweaty part though - AND the itchiness!
are your domes still tacky? Louise said her domes were less itchy once the tackiness came off.
You can't really do much about the sweatiness though..do you think putting a couple sheets of kleenex inside the domes would help absorb the moisture? i know that once they get sweaty, it's easier to lose a seal....
perhaps when you wake up in the morning, take them off just long enough to wipe them down and put rinse your chest with water to freshen up and then put them back one for that last hour?
I do that sometimes, and it helps

good luck!

oh, I also find it hard to wear more than 10 hours. i have 2 roommates who i will NOT tell. i manage 11-12 hours, and once a week i do 15, and for 2 days in a row only 10...

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: anyone else only do 10 hours? September 11 2008, 10:54 AM

i don't use the smartbox anymore...it died and i refuse to pay $350 to get it fixed. I have been sucking the air out myself and fastening with a rubber band. I get very good suction that way, much better than i ever did with the smartbox. I am determined this morning to get 11 hours in. I put them on at 8:00 and I am determined to keep them on until 7:00. I even just managed to empty the dishwasher without them being too annoying! I decided that instead of fretting because I can't do alot of extra hours, I will just start aiming for 11 hours a day instead of 10. Maybe in a few weeks I can start aiming for 12. Or at least 12 on the weekends. Thanks for the tips!

Now if someone could just convince me to be happy with the size of my breasts, i would save myself some miserySmile

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: anyone else only do 10 hours? September 11 2008, 5:45 PM

The tacky ins't enough to hold them on and just irritates the skin so I rubbed it all off my last set and have rubbed some off my new set. I also only rinse the domes to get the sweat out in the mornings and then properly clean with baby shampoo 1-2x weekly. The secret of comfy skin is oil. I put zinc cream on the bits that get rubbed most (mainly the sternum and just a small bit by the armpits) then I'm careful in the bath to not wash this off in the evening. Then I put Aloe Vera gel where the domes will rest and over the top I spray Johnson's baby oil light oil spray. With hard suction I can even work out in mine even with the largest size. I then have a good wash with a flannel in the morning to rub off all the creams then put vitamin E oil and more aloe vera gel on. I wouldn't say I was enojoying my nights with Brava but it's ok and hope to do 26 weeks minimum although not sure how best to organise my Brava time and break time to maximise my result before next June / July.

Louise
(no login) Re: anyone else only do 10 hours? September 11 2008, 7:53 PM

StacyEllen - In response to your original question - have you thought about buying a BB to use with Brava? I used BB with Brava for the last 10 weeks of my last session. BB is super strong, you really cannot appreciate how strong it is until you try it even if you've used an airlock before. The airlock with Brava sucked as hard as my mouth could suck is not as much as a quarter power setting on BB. 1 hour with BB is worth much more than 1 hour Brava so maybe you could use BB for 1 hour in the early evening then put the kids to bed then Brava overnight. I found BB helpful for growing the cleavage area and top of the breasts.

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: anyone else only do 10 hours? September 17 2008, 12:13 AM

It seems from your post that this just isn't the right time in your life to be doing this.

From what I understand, when you have a baby, the main concern is to keep it alive. My sister just had a baby 7 weeks ago and I can't imagine her ever undertaking something like Brava anytime soon as she barely has time to even shower.

I would wait until you have more time to yourself. The children have to come first, and if it's interfering with taking care of them and adding more stress for you----why not wait? Breasts aren't that important...

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: anyone else only do 10 hours? September 17 2008, 2:24 AM

Were you under the impression my son was just born? I am not sure what I wrote but he is two years old....when he was a newborn my primary concern was "keeping him alive", now I am trying to do something for myself. I would agree that it is not the best time to do this, but I am not the type of mom who puts everything off until my kids are older....when you do that nothing ever gets done, because something is always making life difficult. My parents are very unwell....next year my excuse could be that I am too busy taking care of them.

I am sorry if I gave the impression that my boobs are more important than my family, that was not my intention. I was just venting. That's why I enjoy this board, that's what we get to do, when we can't vent to anyone else. I exercise every day of my life, because I think it's important to take care of me, Brava is just another thing I am doing for myself. I like the way I look when I am not a flat chested A cup, and confidence makes me a happier wife and mother.

Alcest
(Login Alcest) Re: anyone else only do 10 hours? September 20 2008, 3:55 PM

Well the original post originally said "..pick up the baby" not "the 2 year old" though that's what it says now. Hm.

When you say baby people usually think fresh out of the oven is all.

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: anyone else only do 10 hours? September 21 2008, 10:57 AM

I will probably call him the baby until he is five Smile That's how I think of him, he seems like a baby. (compared to the big kids in the house)

Brava questions
February 11 2009 at 12:54 AM molehills (no login)

Hi, I posted these questions in another thread about buying domes but I'm putting them in their own in hopes of some answers....

I just started Brava yesterday and have a couple questions for anyone who's been using it

1) Although the smartbox does seem to get a seal and create a lot of suction, it just keeps going, doesn't shut off...which I guess means it ISN"T getting a seal really. I had better luck sucking the air out and sealing off with a rubber band, etc. But I'd like to use the smartbox if possible. Any tips? I did try the 'dome test' where you put them on a tabletop, and the smartbox did shut off eventually with a seal when I did that.

2) My boyfriend's coming from overseas for a long visit (2 months) in about 5 weeks. Is it worth doing it just for that time then stopping for two months? Or really I'd probably stop a week before he gets here to normalize, so only 4 weeks. I'm not telling him this time around! Maybe after it works!

On the plus side I haven't had much trouble sleeping so far and have gotten decent swelling (well, 1" or so but a lot of fullness) from the first night.

Thanks!!
good luck to all -
molehills

Author Reply
Rox3
(no login) Re: Brava questions February 11 2009, 1:17 AM

Hi,
I spoke to the Brava coach last night who works directly for Brava because I've developed a small rash near the armpit and called immediately. She said if the rash gets worse or the skin breaks open to stop using immediately (which hasn't happened thank goodness). Anyway, I told her I had already done 3.5 weeks without any interruption. She said if I stopped for more than a couple days I'd have to start from scratch and the 3.5 weeks would be for nothing. I would have to start all over and do a minimum of 10 weeks she said. She said missing one night isn't a big deal but any more than that or an entire week would negate everything.

molehills
(no login) Re: Brava questions February 11 2009, 2:13 AM

oh shoot, really? I was going by what they said on the website about how each completed day added one drop of real growth. I thought 4 weeks of that might be better than nothing Sad

I did get some kind of hickey marks on my skin already from the domes and I tried using some arnica mixed with evening primrose oil. I think it actually did something even in a short time.

BooBoo
(Login Boo_Boo_Bear)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava questions February 11 2009, 7:16 PM

Yes, the drop of growth bit is true. However, the background info that goes with that is that true growth does not begin until 30 - 45 days into the process.

molehills
(no login) Re: Brava questions February 12 2009, 1:44 AM

Rats. Well I guess it's not worth doing all that if it would be all for nothing...though I was enjoying the swelling. I'm hoping to get some bigger domes anyway so maybe will have to wait until bf goes away again for a few months. Now I've got it I want to get started! I feel like it's really going to work.

I have a noogleberry, maybe I'll just use that a little and keep on with some herbs until then...

thanks for your input...I don't post much but always enjoy reading yours...

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava questions February 12 2009, 6:02 PM

Plus, you probably don't want your boyfriend to see the big red circles around your breasts from the rims and then ask you what they are from!

Newbie123
(Login NewBravaUser) Re: Brava questions March 5 2009, 5:33 AM

Hi Molehill
have u decided to stop until after your bf leaves?

I just started the brava system today and noticed that the smartbox went on and off 5 times during the 5 hrs i have it on... so i guess it's normal as it did so for u too.

molehills
(no login) Re: Brava questions March 5 2009, 1:43 PM

Hi! Actually I decided just to keep doing it for now, I feel like it's going to have an effect even if only a little fullness. I feel like it encourages whatever growth I'm getting from herbs. I got the right size domes so that's better anyway.

My smartbox never turned off at all unfortunately, it just kept pumping away continuously until it was really painful. I think there's something wrong with it.

It sounds like yours is working if it goes on and off, probably because you're losing pressure, maybe your seal isn't complete...I'm hoping getting a good seal gets better with practice! I have just been sucking out the air and airlocking with a rubber band. That seems to work fine though I'd like to know how much pressure is in there.

I hope it works great for you!! I'll be stopping in a week or so... as my bf will be here in a couple weeks, can't waitSmile)

Rox3
(no login) Re: Brava questions March 5 2009, 3:53 PM

Molehills - please post next week and let us know if you have any permanent results after 12 hours with the domes off. I have been doing seven weeks and when I put the domes on at night I'm no bigger yet. Keep us posted. Good luck!

molehills
(no login) Re: Brava questions March 13 2009, 2:49 PM

Hi! Well, just thought I'd post an update...it turns out my bf's return is deferred for another two months, so looks like I will have time to complete the whole ten weeks before he gets back! (Looking on the bright side Tongue) So at this point I've been doing it continuously for almost two weeks with the Wide Large domes. Not much retention yet, maybe 1/4 " at the end of the day, but a bit more fullness. I've been wearing them for around 10-12 hours daily under fairly strong suction (sucking out the air w/manual airlock).

A few slight skin problems at first, but now just daily irritation that goes away a few hours after taking off the domes. The plastic rim that sticks out around the edge of the silicone is the most irritating. They should find a better way to make them. I wash with baby shampoo and put on aloe vera gel, sometimes arnica/EPO if hickey marks or diaper rash cream if any bumps. Usually no problems. The only ongoing irritation is sore sensitive nipples. That lasts all day almost. I sleep fine with them. But for the last few years I have always woken up a few times during the night anyway so maybe I'm used to it. When I do I just check the seal, maybe suck out a bit more air then go back to sleep.

I feel like I will have good results, maybe because I once had implants which were removed (15 years ago), so my skin was already a bit stretchy.

That's all I can think of...good luck everyone!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon