Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Opinions on Fast vs. Slow Responders

Opinions on Fast vs. Slow Responders
August 29 2008 at 2:12 PM Livinonaprayer (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an opinion on the fast vs. slow responder that Brava talks about and wanted your opinions as well for those who have tried Brava. After reading what Brava says qualifies you as a fast or slow responder, I would have fallen into both categories. Fast responder because I've lost weight, breastfed, been pregnant. Slow responder because I have dense breast tissue and very little upper body fat with very thin arms and waist. When I do gain weight, it's on the hips, thighs, knees. After using Brava, I think I was a fast responder to IMMEDIATE SWELLING because of those reasons such as breastfed, etc. but I think in truth, for me, I am a slow responder to PERMANENT GROWTH because my body just doesn't store much fat in my upper body: arms, breasts, waist, etc. I put in a lot of hours (total of 2628) over two cycles and did not miss any days during my first 11 weeks and then during my second 20 weeks I used 14 weeks consistently and then 6 more weeks on and off due to rib pain. I did get some permanenent growth - not quite a full cup size. Noticeable to me and my husband because it filled in the emptiness from breastfeeding but no one else would be able to tell. Brava takes a commitment of a lot of hours and time and it is my personal opinion that women who add fat all over or to their upper body will have more success than the person who does not store fat on top just because it stretches existing fat cells so if you have less to work with, it's going to take a lot of time. The immediate huge swelling is wonderful but I think the best results depend mostly on your body type and where you put on fat even if you are thin or average-sized.

Author Reply
dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Opinions on Fast vs. Slow Responders August 29 2008, 7:32 PM

livinonaprayer - how many hours did you average each night?

Edit Message Delete Message

Livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Opinions on Fast vs. Slow Responders August 30 2008, 2:20 AM

I averaged about 13 hours per day. I never missed any days during 1st cycle of 11 weeks and 2nd cycle of 14 weeks and then wore sporadically the next 6 weeks after those complete 14 weeks in the second cycle. I had one or two days of only 9 hours but never in the same week and had some 15 and 16 hour days but the average was 13.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Opinions on Fast vs. Slow Responders August 30 2008, 2:56 PM

did you gain anything during your first cycle?
im in my third week, and i actually had a mega session two days ago and work 19 hours, but then i didnt put the domes back on until 14 hours after that and i had kept nothing at all Sad

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Opinions on Fast vs. Slow Responders August 30 2008, 6:53 PM

Dandelion - don't panic, I honestly did not retain any for the first 16-17 weeks despite one time wearing it pretty much 5 days straight (which gave me a rash - duh!), just keep it up and try not to think about it too much - time flies when you're having fun!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Opinions on Fast vs. Slow Responders August 30 2008, 7:07 PM

Livinonaprayer - very interesting point you've made with this topic. I totally agree with you. Just before I started Brava I'd lost about 15 lbs. My weight's always fluctuated quite a lot but I've always found losing weight easy. When I lose weight it comes off my boobs, waist, face noticeably and then everywhere else just a little. I only know that I lost weight on my lower body because I had trousers that I could only pull up to my knees that I can now pull up and zip closed. Also interesting you say you have skinny arms. I have short fat legs and short fat arms, big butt and my upper body is now a bag of bones! Also vaguely concerned I have body image issues as I look much slimmer in photos than in the mirror! So anyway, each time I lose weight I lose my boobs. Since starting Brava I lost another 15 lbs and although I've definitely continued to lose my Brava gains longer than the 2 weeks they advertise but it's definitely not all gone and yet my waist and underbust are 1 and 2 inches less respectively so it can't just be imagination that Brava did something. I've never been pregnant but the weight loss may have made my skin more elastic as I had scary huge swelling of up to 6 inches. I also agree with what you say about dense breasts - mine are not only pretty damn hard to the touch but can't really be squashed down and don't really change when I lie down. I think photos and bras are a better measure than the measuring tape but even with bras I find hard to compare as my underbust has got a lot smaller. I am hoping to start another long and heavy session from Monday, will try to eat protein and drink water to give it my best shot and although I'd like to lose some more thigh fat I probably can't lose more than 4-7 lbs so hopefully I'll get a truer result this time, I've also taken a much better set of starting photos.

p.s. getting back to your original topic, I've also been diagnosed with PCO since starting Brava and given medication to fix my hormonal problems. Not sure if it's the meds or the suction but have been eating a lot of fat recently and do feel a little has gone to my boobs so maybe I've somehow redressed the balance and I'm becoming naturally less bottom heavy - I wish....

Livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Opinions on Fast vs. Slow Responders September 3 2008, 4:11 PM

Dandelion - I gained the most in my first cycle. Take pictures and try on your old bras because it's easy to think you've gained nothing or gotton smaller when you've gone 14 hours with the domes off because you get so used to the incredible swelling. Keep it up. I think although it is a long process and a lot of commitment, when you're done, you don't give it a thought and you look back and are glad you did it.

Livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Opinions on Fast vs. Slow Responders September 3 2008, 4:24 PM

Louise -

Yes, I have skinny arms, face, shoulders, waist and put on no weight up there. I do have a rather large butt, hips, thighs and even fat knees! I am hoping that because I don't gain anything on the top half, I also won't lose anything there as I try to get rid of this last 10 lbs. on my bottom half. Since you lose your boobs when you lose weight, you should have great success with Brava. I think photos are a true test of how you really look. It makes me realize that I need to change my hair style and clothes sometimes when the mirror says otherwise so try to visualize yourself in those photos. I may try another cycle in November. I just can't do it now since I am outside so much in the evenings. I found it easier when I knew I would be inside a lot. I do not look forward to being confined to my back again when I sleep and missing out on the cuddle time with my husband and my kids commenting on how stupid I look. I am also probably going to need to invest in new domes because my first set appears to be on its last legs and I don't want down time when I have to order a new set. Keep us posted on your progress. The second cycle is such much easier getting used to attaching everything. Best of luck on this next cycle!!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Opinions on Fast vs. Slow Responders September 3 2008, 5:59 PM

I'm pretty much giving up on the measuring tape but I took a much better set of photos this time round so hopefully I'll be able to monitor progress that way.

Totally agree about second cycle being easier, have only worn 2 nights, have got comfy gone straight to sleep and still about 2 cups bigger 11 hours later! Think my only problem is likely to be skin trouble, may have to dig out the EPO again.....good luck with yours x

P.s. I also want to improve my lower body but will hopefully mean toning up rather than massive weight loss so hopefully won't affect boobs

Rapid responder?
October 12 2008 at 2:20 AM laura37 (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been using brava with airlock for 3.5 weeks now. I started out a full 34B (36.5" overbust, 32" under) and now I'm a full 34D in the morning and a small 34D/large 34C after 12 hours with the domes off. I'm only losing about 1/2" swelling throughout the day and end the day with a 1.75" increase from where I started.

Any guess what this means as far as how much actual growth I've had so far?

Author Reply
StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Rapid responder? October 14 2008, 5:11 PM

wow! That's incredible! It doesn't seem possible to me that you have had any real growth yet (I have used Brava 3 different times for 20 plus weeks each time and have really only grown a bit more than a cup size) Who knows...maybe you will be one of the lucky girls who does it for 10 weeks and grows a cup 1/2 or even more. Keep us posted on your progress! I am a full B/small C at night, and almost a DD in the morning. I started my third cycle 10 weeks ago and began at a small/moderate B. I am hoping another 20 weeks will get me to a C cup (not a skimpy oneSmile

laura37
(no login) confused but hopeful... October 14 2008, 5:36 PM

Thanks for the reply! I really shouldn't be a rapid responder... no kids, and never lost a significant amount of weight. The only thing going for me is that I had average boobs for my body size to start with. I get about 80 hours in a week. I measured this morning after an 18 hour session, and they measured the same as they do at night, just harder! I'm confused... but hopeful that this means I'm a lucky one.

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Rapid responder? October 16 2008, 3:00 PM

when i first started using brava last year, i was getting similar results. 12 hours later I was still measurably and noticably a cup bigger. However I was not consistent with my use and eventually stopped, unfortunately before putting enough time in and lost all my results. This time round I'm much more consistent but i'm having a harder time keeping the results. at the end of the day there is a tiny different, maybe like a 1/4 cup.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Rapid responder? October 20 2008, 7:48 PM

I seem to be responding much faster on my second cycle (possibly because I'm stuffing myself not dieting but intend to fix that soon!). I bought some new bras today and fitted a 30DD this evening (in the same bra) nearly as well as I fitted the 30D I already had before I started. Also bought a 30D demi-cup bra and absolutely falling out of it - would strongly recommend this style!
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon