Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Brava and the water method

brava and water
September 17 2006 at 3:28 AM new brava (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so here it goes. I started using my system about three weeks ago. It nearly drove me crazy. I hated the smart box not enough tension, so i switched to a manual lockout- a valve from the aquarium section at walmart-$1.97 It was still itchy no matter how much I washed them so I cut teflon bandages in half and place them in the cleavage fold. I also use hydrocortizone cream. Now is where it gets kind of strange. I was at a party two weeks ago and talking to my ob/gyn friend about brava. He seemed to believe it could work(what a relief) but I told him that my breasts get itchy in the domes. His suggestion was use water instead of air. After talking a bit more about pregnancy and the fact that we do not feel the tension due to water I was willing to experiment. I tried it the first night(you cannot use the smart box!!!) I wsa a little clutzy at first but basically filled the domes with water, turned head down on my back taking out as much air as possible then using the tube as a cyphon to put water back in (just fill a large cupwith water and place end of tube in pinch tube to keep air from reentering when not in water) I had to repeat this action a few times and the down side is that you cannot adjust the domes. But I was able to raise the level of tension and felt nothing or at least alot less than when it was just air. As I said that was two weeks ago and now that is how I wear my domes every night. Iv'e out grown a size and am moving up to the next which I was not even close to that with the smartbox.also other than the itchy spotat cleavage am having no skin issues. Hope that helps someone.

Author Reply
melonie
(no login) Re: brava and water September 24 2006, 8:56 AM

thanks for your contribution and bringing an interesting idea to the forum. problem is i don't think i could sleep like that. it seems strange with all that water sloshing around. i don't know, maybe.

Edit Message Delete Message

Anonymous
(no login) Re: brava and water September 24 2006, 11:02 AM

It's definately an interesting idea. I get a lot of skin problems too and am quite tempted to try it myself. Did you find the seal broke on you much?

new brava
(no login) answers to questions September 24 2006, 3:03 PM

The water sloshing doesn't happen. Your goal will be to get all air out and replace it with water. You have to force the air near the tube which means you are upside down- the awkward part but I can now do it quickly . Basically flat on my back hips raised head down. Pich the tube after you get the air out then put it in a cup of water to cyphon water back in. It may seem like a hassle but it was worth it. As far as breaking the seal- my domes are on so tight that I really dont need the bra. Much tighter than the smart box (waste of my time) So even if the seal slightly breaks I catch it before any water leakage. I was in med but skipped to extra large because the swelling was much more with this method

steph
(no login) water and brave October 19 2006, 8:09 AM

any updates on using water with the brava system, does it ruin the stickyness and seal?

brava and water
(no login) reply October 20 2006, 5:34 PM

Yes I am still doing it i AM at week seven and am in a c bra all day- up from a small b In the mornings I am a small D so I seem to be still growing. I flipped the domes upside down so the air rises to the top that has made it easier to get it out. I wear my domes tight enough that i DON'Thave to worry about stickness but they still are sticy. Hope that helps

Kat
(no login) water leaking October 21 2006, 5:32 AM

I am having a hard time with water leaking, and I haven't noticed a size change, also I feel like I have such a tight suction that it is squeezing my breast really tight on the sides, is that how it should feel. I do feel like it is more comfortable though.

brava and water
(no login) trsponse October 22 2006, 4:16 AM

Where is the water leaking from ? The tubes? I use rubber cement for a a good seal at the tube ends. It seems to make up for any gaps. Yes I wear mine tight enough that my breats are up against the sides. Make sure you have the silcone flat against your skin and not rolled under that should help. I also reccomend trying to get as much air out as possuble nefore adding any water. As advice from another message board I "excercise in my domes- strange way to put it but suctioning airr out and letting it back in about five to ten times and then trying to get max air out. This seems to allow for a better seal. Then I put water in and repeat until all air is out. If I still dont feel like the domes are tight I pull the extra h2o out through the tubes before sealing off for the night. I also highly reccomend the 4 pillow method for sleep and if need be a tylenol pm= not advil becuase it reduce swelling- the last thing we want. Try to wear those domes tighter- It is a little uncomfortable at first but the growth is great!

Brava Water Method - Sorry about the essay!!
June 30 2007 at 11:16 AM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this off some earlier posts, the main thing is NOT to use the smartbox as you will ruin it!

The first time you fill up with water it takes a while and I've not managed to totally eliminate a small bubble which tickles when I'm upright but is ok lying down - I think you'd have to do left and right separatey with separate valves and separate tubes to get every last bit of air out.

You need a home made airlock - 6mm (1/4 inch) fish tank tubing, a T connector and a one-way valve, make it to look like the one Brava send but make the middle tube a lot longer as you'll need to dangle it into the water without knocking it over!

Put the domes on as normal (I used skin prep as normal and tape nipples) attach the airlock tubing and suck the air out hard with your mouth, it's easier to save the check valve until you're finished and use it as a stopper as it makes it hard to suck - just fold the tube when you want it to hold. Then you need to get the bit of the dome where the tubing is attached to be the higest point - I did this by putting my legs up the back of the sofa and my head and shoulders on the floor.

Suck out as much air as you can stand, fold the tube then dip it in a cup of water (or a big jug or something - you need quite a lot), this will suck the water into your domes. Suck out more air and refill with water, remembering to never let the domes fill too much in case they lose pressure and leak. Once you've got out as much air as possible, suck out some water until you've got the suction you want. Also you'll be able to see your boobs through the domes as they won't steam up - they should be huge with all that suction and dark looking - yuck!

I used the water in the evening then took it all off, dried the domes and used the smartbox overnight so I'd have the alarm function but other people on here used water over night without wetting the bed - I think you've stuck the domes on so hard you're unlikely to break the seal.

Good luck xx

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Water method June 30 2007, 4:05 PM

I have tried it aswell but usually just wear them normal.

Easier way to do the water thing without standing on your head is just turn the domes upside down on your chest. So the tubes are aimed up not down. so much easier to do it like that.

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Water suction and dome damage June 30 2007, 4:10 PM

One other thing i didn't mention in the last post but have in prior posts.

Using any extra suction on the domes over what the smart box does will accelerate the decay of the silicone inside the rims. IE: will destroy them faster. So yes you will achieve more suction and more swelling in the short term but not certain if the end results will be the same as if you just let the smart box do the work and wore the domes for longer.

I doubt anyone has actually studied this. From what brava has stated it is the amount of time you wear the system over how much swelling you may achieve in the short term.

That said. I still do the water thing when i want a serious swelling boost for an event or a night out. Skin doesn't appear as white where the domes sat and pulled.

Louise
(no login) Re: Brava Water Method - Sorry about the essay!! June 30 2007, 4:25 PM

Well I was doing it for maximum short term swelling tomorrow night! Did 16 hours last session and going for 24-26 next session. Then intend to start properly and sensibly with sustained normal wear times.

Doesn't putting them on upside down make your boobs a funny shape?

Have you tried keeping each dome as a separate system? - my left always seems bigger than the right.

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Uh you have same problem June 30 2007, 5:02 PM

Rofl my left is larger aswell. And for some reason the last 2 sets of domes i got from brava the right tube connector was constricted the left got more suction. so i took a drill bit that was just slightly larger than the hole and opened it a tad. the screwdriver thing works but they close back again.

And yes i did do that i used the smart box on the left and manually did the right for more suction. then gave it up and went back to normal both sides....

How i test for the hole size on the domes is take water and watch it leak out.

If it dribbles from one side and is a stream on the other do the drill bit and open it a little. both should flow freely.

As for making them odd. If you wear em upside down for the water and right side up for the smartbox at night. I don't think there will be a problem with shape. besides i want more filled out on the top anyway.

Just some observations and thoughts. Methods to making brava work better. Tongue good luck

Louise
(no login) Re: Brava Water Method - Sorry about the essay!! June 30 2007, 9:57 PM

Seri, just out of interest was your left bigger to start with and are you left handed?

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Bigger June 30 2007, 10:24 PM

It was a little not alot and no i am right handed. The difference in dome pressure made it bigger. i didn't notice it till i was cleaning the domes and noticed the slow water out of the right dome. i think that a little sweat got close to the tube on that side and since it had trouble pulling it out of the small opening the pressure was less i could feel the difference aswell just thought one breast was responding better. Opening the hole a bit on that trickle dome fixed that. both feel the same while suctioning and sometimes the right one feels like it is pulling harder to make up for the difference.

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava Water Method - Sorry about the essay!! July 1 2007, 4:20 PM

ok. my left boob gets bigger than my right too! ugh. lol.

Louise
(no login) Re: Brava Water Method - Sorry about the essay!! July 1 2007, 4:39 PM

Seri suggested putting the domes upside down if using water so I thought I'd swap right and left as well to even up the difference and I swear the left still came out bigger!!!

diana
(Login Diana1978)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava Water Method - Sorry about the essay!! July 1 2007, 5:01 PM

Lol! seriously though i have swapped out right and left before too.same result. but i wasn't uneven before. oh man. Smile

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Uneven July 1 2007, 7:35 PM

Lol we are all lop sided. Ohwell looks like we need to date a left hander or just wear brava on one side. Wonder if we will start leaning to the left here soon if we don't? Hmm

Louise
(no login) Re: Brava Water Method - Sorry about the essay!! July 1 2007, 7:43 PM

That's fine until you do 24 hours straight and end up walking in circles!

misskatherine
(no login) Re: Brava Water Method - Sorry about the essay!! July 1 2007, 8:34 PM

hey my left breast is also bigger than my right one! thanks for all the advice guys! i'm going to try this out tonight Smile

misskatherine
(no login) Re: Brava Water Method - Sorry about the essay!! July 1 2007, 8:37 PM

oh and btw, did ANYONE ever lose suction using the water method and spilled out all over the place?? this is my main concern because sometime i lose suction when i move around in bed.

Louise
(no login) Re: Brava Water Method - Sorry about the essay!! July 2 2007, 5:09 PM

I had the large domes on filled with water and forgot I left the bra open for comfort, bent down to dry my cat when he came in from the rain and I felt them coming off - didn't get wet as I caught them in time. I was bending forward with the bra open so don't know if this would happen if you were more intelligent!

What is with the water and sucking air?
July 10 2007 at 3:26 AM Cheryl (no login)

I was considering buying Brava and I've read some of these posts about water and sucking air out. Why do this? Could it mess up your smartbox?

Author Reply
lexy
(no login) Re: What is with the water and sucking air? July 10 2007, 4:07 AM

the only thing i know about water is that some girls find it more confortable. basicly you fill up the domes with water not air. you DO NOT use the smartbox cause u'll distroy it. i never tryed that so i couldn't tell.
sucking out air gives more pressure. you do it with ur mouth and you could attach the smartbox after to hold the seal but the brava team sais you'l break it doing that. you could use an airlock to keep the seal. also some say too much pressure is not safe for the tissue. plus you could damage the domes. i suggest don't do it.
if you buy brava it will come with a manual. follow the instructions and in the future you should find answers for things to come on this forum. it's too soon to bother about aditional methods.
good luck

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER sucking air prior to smart box July 10 2007, 6:05 AM

I always suck the extra out prior to attaching the smart box but i have a feeling for exactly how much to do. If you are just starting hold the domes suck the air out a bit attach the smart box and let the smart box finish. what this does is gets the seal faster so you can go about your business.

lexy
(no login) Re: What is with the water and sucking air? July 10 2007, 4:40 PM

exactly what i do. that feeling comes with experience. you feel how tight it should be. now i have 2 improvised airlocks so i can suck just a tiny bit more on my right and hopefully correct the assimetry.

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Lexy July 10 2007, 7:59 PM

I am not concerned about the different sizes of mine yet. once i get close to the end of the cycle then i will look at trying to resolve that if needed. just trying to log as many hours consistantly as possible at this point. Don't want to loose seal on one side and loose the time and maybe end up with even larger asymetrical breasts. Now if you do that during waking hours should work nicely. But not when you are not completely aware of what the domes are doing.

And topped 3000 hours of wear the other night. Tongue Now if i can just start getting close to filling the xlarge/wides without using extra suction.

Good luck with brava ladies.

lexy
(no login) Re: What is with the water and sucking air? July 11 2007, 12:34 AM

congrats on ur results so farSmile
and that sucking more air on my right breast, i only do it when i'm awake. at night i use the smartbox so i couldn't do that anyway. got up 5 times last night to check. one of the times it was off. oh well

What is with the water and sucking air?
July 10 2007 at 3:26 AM Cheryl (no login)

I was considering buying Brava and I've read some of these posts about water and sucking air out. Why do this? Could it mess up your smartbox?

Author Reply
lexy
(no login) Re: What is with the water and sucking air? July 10 2007, 4:07 AM

the only thing i know about water is that some girls find it more confortable. basicly you fill up the domes with water not air. you DO NOT use the smartbox cause u'll distroy it. i never tryed that so i couldn't tell.
sucking out air gives more pressure. you do it with ur mouth and you could attach the smartbox after to hold the seal but the brava team sais you'l break it doing that. you could use an airlock to keep the seal. also some say too much pressure is not safe for the tissue. plus you could damage the domes. i suggest don't do it.
if you buy brava it will come with a manual. follow the instructions and in the future you should find answers for things to come on this forum. it's too soon to bother about aditional methods.
good luck

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER sucking air prior to smart box July 10 2007, 6:05 AM

I always suck the extra out prior to attaching the smart box but i have a feeling for exactly how much to do. If you are just starting hold the domes suck the air out a bit attach the smart box and let the smart box finish. what this does is gets the seal faster so you can go about your business.

lexy
(no login) Re: What is with the water and sucking air? July 10 2007, 4:40 PM

exactly what i do. that feeling comes with experience. you feel how tight it should be. now i have 2 improvised airlocks so i can suck just a tiny bit more on my right and hopefully correct the assimetry.

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Lexy July 10 2007, 7:59 PM

I am not concerned about the different sizes of mine yet. once i get close to the end of the cycle then i will look at trying to resolve that if needed. just trying to log as many hours consistantly as possible at this point. Don't want to loose seal on one side and loose the time and maybe end up with even larger asymetrical breasts. Now if you do that during waking hours should work nicely. But not when you are not completely aware of what the domes are doing.

And topped 3000 hours of wear the other night. Tongue Now if i can just start getting close to filling the xlarge/wides without using extra suction.

Good luck with brava ladies.

lexy
(no login) Re: What is with the water and sucking air? July 11 2007, 12:34 AM

congrats on ur results so farSmile
and that sucking more air on my right breast, i only do it when i'm awake. at night i use the smartbox so i couldn't do that anyway. got up 5 times last night to check. one of the times it was off. oh well

anyone else try the water?
September 22 2006 at 4:09 AM trying again (no login)

I gave up trying to use my brava last month due to skin issues. I was wondering if anyone else tried the water thing from new bravas message. I tried last night and I actually slept and the domes stayed on . Breasts were much bigger than with the samrt box. Anyone else give it a try?

Author Reply
Liz
(no login) Re: anyone else try the water? September 24 2006, 12:00 AM

The water sounds like an interesting concept but doesnt your skin get all pruney from being in the water all night? How exactly do you use the water technique with the domes. I havent started brava yet but I would like to and I know that i have sensitive skin so I was a little worried about having skin problems... if the water is the better option to avoid them i think it would be worth trying.

trying again
(no login) brava and water September 24 2006, 5:47 AM

Well I am on night number 3 with no problems. i thought the same thing about being pruny but the tension on the skin seems to prevent that. I use cortizone to keep from itching. As far as filling the domes. I put them on dry and suck as much air out as possible (this hurts becuase the tension is strong. Then i put the end of the tube in H2o and fill the relieve the tension. I then get head down on my back to remove the rest of the air or as much as poss and do the cyphon thing again. I figured out that I can expand my breasts much more in the domes with water than with air and no irratating sweat drops. It is much easier to sleep and in the morning I am double the size that I was with the smart box. Small D! I am determined to do this , this time Good luck to you

Brava dome pressure
May 11 2007 at 4:55 AM Seri_Flamehair (Login Seri_Flamehair)

try this trick out.

If your domes when you put water into them only dribble out of one side faster than the other side. then you have mismatched dome pressure. which will cause one dome to have higher suction.

If this is happening to your domes do what i did. take a drill bit that is just a tad snug in the tube connection and carefully drill the plastic a bit. then try the water test again should flow freely out of both domes the same rate. then you should have balanced pressure.

Author Reply
Julie
(no login) Re: Brava dome pressure May 15 2007, 7:06 AM

Thanks for the tip (but the more I find out about brava the more complex it seems).
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon