Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Brava dome suction

Dome size and suction
October 1 2007 at 3:51 PM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel I get better suction from the narrow large than the narrow XL as the XL just bends inwards at the sides when I suck. If I'm touching the sides of the large am I still getting the full benefit? I touch the sides of the L almost straight away because they bend in. Any ideas?

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER dome size October 1 2007, 5:17 PM

You are using to much suction that is why the sides of the domes are caving in.

Also from other posts i have seen from you. You get alot more swelling alot faster than i have.

I can eventually get the girls to fill a set of xl/wides but i have to wear the domes for a long time and use way to much suction. Ruins the domes really fast. You may get 6-10 weeks with a moderate to heavy suction but only 4-8 with as much suction as you can get so that you completely fill the domes maybe not even that long.

I feel a little extra suction helps get the initial seal. after that i let the smart box do what it is supposed to do. i only apply more suction if the box starts up on its own. so that i keep the pressure instead of waiting for the smart box to vacume out the domes.

Key with brava is sustained pressure over time. not max suction to get insane swelling. As to much suction will kill your domes and cause some other skin problems.

I was able to get 1836 hours on a set of domes over a period of 116 days (almost 4 months)15.82 hours per day average. By applying manual suction to get the domes sealed then letting the smart box do what it is designed to do.

Currently at 4312 total hours over a period of 284 days for a daily average of 15.18 hours with no missed days. 1163 more hours if i maintain 15 per day. Then i will take a break from brava. Well 9 less since it is 9am here at the moment.Tongue

Edit Message Delete Message

lexy
(no login) Re: Dome size and suction October 1 2007, 8:00 PM

i have another way of getting perfect suction. i have an airlock for each dome during the day. so every 2 hours i adjust the pressure with the smartbox by letting in run while holding the dome firmly against me.i put both palms on it and lean forward and press it to my thigh while sitting until the box stops. never got too much suction like that. more then that would get me a hickie, and my swelling is good plus my wide medium domes are great after 20 weeks. i still wear those to hide under jackets if i wanna go outside. i fill them up completly in a few hours but except for the fact that the glue is gone they are in perfect condition.

u should worry more about harming ur breasts

Dome size and suction
October 1 2007 at 3:51 PM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel I get better suction from the narrow large than the narrow XL as the XL just bends inwards at the sides when I suck. If I'm touching the sides of the large am I still getting the full benefit? I touch the sides of the L almost straight away because they bend in. Any ideas?

Author Reply
Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER dome size October 1 2007, 5:17 PM

You are using to much suction that is why the sides of the domes are caving in.

Also from other posts i have seen from you. You get alot more swelling alot faster than i have.

I can eventually get the girls to fill a set of xl/wides but i have to wear the domes for a long time and use way to much suction. Ruins the domes really fast. You may get 6-10 weeks with a moderate to heavy suction but only 4-8 with as much suction as you can get so that you completely fill the domes maybe not even that long.

I feel a little extra suction helps get the initial seal. after that i let the smart box do what it is supposed to do. i only apply more suction if the box starts up on its own. so that i keep the pressure instead of waiting for the smart box to vacume out the domes.

Key with brava is sustained pressure over time. not max suction to get insane swelling. As to much suction will kill your domes and cause some other skin problems.

I was able to get 1836 hours on a set of domes over a period of 116 days (almost 4 months)15.82 hours per day average. By applying manual suction to get the domes sealed then letting the smart box do what it is designed to do.

Currently at 4312 total hours over a period of 284 days for a daily average of 15.18 hours with no missed days. 1163 more hours if i maintain 15 per day. Then i will take a break from brava. Well 9 less since it is 9am here at the moment.Tongue

lexy
(no login) Re: Dome size and suction October 1 2007, 8:00 PM

i have another way of getting perfect suction. i have an airlock for each dome during the day. so every 2 hours i adjust the pressure with the smartbox by letting in run while holding the dome firmly against me.i put both palms on it and lean forward and press it to my thigh while sitting until the box stops. never got too much suction like that. more then that would get me a hickie, and my swelling is good plus my wide medium domes are great after 20 weeks. i still wear those to hide under jackets if i wanna go outside. i fill them up completly in a few hours but except for the fact that the glue is gone they are in perfect condition.

u should worry more about harming ur breasts

New to your forum and Brava system and losing dome suction...please help!
September 14 2007 at 11:56 AM Beverley (no login)

Hi to everyone. My name is Beverley I'm new to your forum and have been looking at a lot of the post but would really appreciate some help from any experienced (and new) Brava users PLEASE!!! I apologise if this post is long but I really need some advice as I keep losing suction with my domes so am going nowhere fast!

I purchased a used brava system on ebay a few days ago. Actually I've ended up buying two brave systems as a few weeks ago in my eagerness to win the bid I purchased the wrong sized domes! but that's another story.

The domes I purchased the other day are a medium wide and I am sure this is right for me according to the measurement chart on Brava.com in US (I live in the UK)

I am 5'5 tall and weigh approx 8 1/2 stones. My measurements were 30.5" under breast and 32.5" across nipples (thanks to breastfeeding 4 children gravity and I have become good friends, lol!)

As I said I purchased the medium wide domes but I have been having problems getting a good seal. I am using the smartbox which just kept running and then beeping within 10 minutes. This has happened for 3 consecutive days and I'm getting really depressed about this now.

I spoke to the UK customer service, but as I did not purchase them from new they claim they can not realy help me unless I buy a new pair of domes for £199!

Please can anyone advise me on how I can get a proper seal I seem to be losing the seal at the sides L & R just below my armpits and near the top of my ribcage. I cleansed the domes with a little non fraganced soapy water (Simple soap) and have tried both the Brava roll on prep and the Smith and Nephew no-sting wipe prep but still have the same problem with the domes coming away from my skin and the smartbox running with a humming sound followed by the alarm going off and then the smartbox shutting off!

I am very frustrated as I just can keep a seal at the sides and I just don't know what to do. I was really hoping this would work! Does anyone have any suggestions or has had the same problem.

I had read in one of the post that I could try a gel or silicon sealant where I am losing the seal or even another bra over the domes before putting the Brava bra on does anyone know if this is correct? If so does anyone know the name of sealants that can be used and where I can purchase it from especially in the UK. The domes are still quite tacky so I don't know what's happening.

I would really appreciate your help or any other tips so that I can just get some suction and even boost about some swelling whether or not it's painful, lol

Thank you all in advance and again sorry for the long post

Author Reply
livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: New to your forum and Brava system and losing dome suction...please help! September 14 2007, 2:23 PM

I had the same problem at first with my domes. Wash your skin with Baby Shampoo, allow to dry completely. Apply no-sting prep wipes where domes will adhere and ALLOW FULL 10 MINUTES TO DRY. Apply domes and tubing. Turn on smartbox and hug gently with forearms against your body with smartbox running. I also pressed very gently with my hands against sides where domes touch ribcage at sides and hold very still (you almost need extra hands). It usually took me the full 10 minutes or even a second try after it alarmed and then I would feel it start to achieve full seal and then I pulled Brava bra up over domes. Good luck.

Beverley
(no login) New to your forum and Brava system and losing dome suction...please help! September 14 2007, 2:27 PM

Hi.

Thank you so much for you reply. I will give the baby shampoo a go and hopefully that will work. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks again

Louise
(no login) Re: New to your forum and Brava system and losing dome suction...please help! September 14 2007, 7:47 PM

You definitely have the right size domes, greater than 29.5 is a wide and less is a narrow. Then I think it's approx AA is medium, A is large and B is XL. I was never patient enough to wait for the prep to dry or for the smartbox to run for 10 mins so I just lean forward right dome in right hand, left dome in left hand. Start with domes in line with boobs but off to the right and left (like a front closing bra) and squash your boobs in and press the domes to the chest. Suck out the air with your mouth, bend the tube over to stop air escaping and attach the smartbox - if you haven't sucked hard it will run for maybe 30secs.

I use an airlock all the time now so I get much more suction but I did use the smartbox to start. I've just finished 10 weeks and I don't bother with any typr of bra, I just suck them on tight and wear a loose T shirt or jumper. I only wear the bra if I know I'm going to be doing a lot of house work that involves bending forwards. All this and Brava told me I was too narrow underbust for the narrow domes! I do have a program page which is v v v long and boring if you have a lot of time on your hands.

Let us know how you get on, good luck x

Black Sheep
(no login) Re: New to your forum and Brava system and losing dome suction...please help! September 14 2007, 10:43 PM

Hi Louise, thanks for your reply and clarifying that I am the right size too. You might be right about me not waiting a full 10 mins for the prep to dry which is what livinonaprayer said so I'll make sure I leave it for 10 mins. So just to clarify if the alarm goes off this DOES mean that I am losing suction? So in theory if I there is suction the smartbox will just carry on running and the alarm shouldn't go off at all during the night. I really hope this works I've been dying to start using the system and have been so disappointed with everything going wrong.

Louise believe me I have plenty of time on my hands just came out of hospital so if I could see the programme page that would be great.

Thank you ladies for your replies

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER suction September 16 2007, 6:38 AM

If the alarm is going off then you have no seal. gently hold the domes to your chest and suck the air out with your mouth till the domes feel a bit on the tight side not to much. Then attach the smart box if after a couple minutes the box starts pumping again you need to make sure the silicone surrounds are flat against your chest if they are curled under the domes then that is wrong. flare the domes out with your fingers and suck the air out again then stick the box on and see if it works.

Basically i lean forward get the girls inside the domes then suck the air out check the surrounds if an area is curled under i let air back in and flare that area then suck the air out again. takes a bit getting used to but you will.

Clean is the operative word here. Make sure you clean the domes daily clean your skin after each session and clean your skin before you put the domes back on. clean the tubing aswell periodically. I use the skin prep but not all the time. I have found having clean dry skin and clean dry domes works just fine.

I have worn the system for 269 days now for a total of 4085 hours 15.19 hours per day average so far. Started as almost an A cup sitting at a small C after 15 hours of not wearing the system. Very full C to D cup after wearing the system sometimes even larger. After some of my mega sessions ie: over 48 hours of consecutive wear taking 30 minutes out of the day to clean everything and reattach the domes.

Just finished moving so everything is a mess. Got back online today. Still need to put things away and find things that are in boxes someplace. sheesh.

Well here is to getting this last 1400 hours done...then i will take a break from brava. Tongue

Good luck

need suggestions on dome placement
October 9 2006 at 6:21 PM sandra (no login)

I've been using the brava narrow-large domes with the airlock attachment for 3 days, but I have a problem maintaining the suction. What have you found is the best way for putting the domes on correctly? Because I bought the domes (brand new) off of ebay, I don't have an instruction manual.

I went out and bought an ace bandage, and am going to try wrapping that tightly around the domes underneath my bra, and see if that helps. If anybody else has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Author Reply
Lynn
(Login Manoloblah) Re: need suggestions on dome placement October 10 2006, 12:23 PM

Hi there, I always use an alcohol based antiseptic wipe on my skin first then let this dry and place the dome on from the bottom of my breast upwards. Try washing the domes every day after use , I use a natural honey soap which is very gentle to remove any skin residue and it seems to be working . I'm 3 weeks in now and only loose suction if I move sideways at night or lean forward.
Like you I bought new from Brava on Ebay direct and there were limited instructions, you don't mention if you have the Brava bra ?? I zip mine up at the front a little then suck the air out before connecting to my smart box, I figure this keeps my pump in better order as its not working for so long. My box goes off at least twice a night but the problem with the manual system is you have no way of knowing if you have lost suction, I think you really just have to lie very still with cushions on either side of you to stop you rolling over. Hope this is helpful, its worth the effort I've gone up at least 1/2 size already and I'm almost back to how I was before I breast fed so keep at it .....its a MAJOR CONFIDENCE BOASTER !!!

Question to Brava Users
December 28 2007 at 3:29 AM Sarah (no login)

I just put on my Brava for the first time and wanted some feedback from others who have used the system. I noticed that some of the bottom, rubbery portion gets mushed inside of the dome and ends up pushing against the bottom of my breast. This happens particularly around my armpit where most of it ends up on the inside. Is this typical? Just want to make sure as I wouldn't want to end up with odd looking breasts!

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Question to Brava Users December 28 2007, 6:56 PM

Don't leave them on like that because it will soon tear the silicone cushion away from the hard plastic. Release the suction a bit and get your hand in to flare the edges outwards - you'll only have to do this for the first few days then they adapt to your shape a bit and your domes will last a lot longer. My first set of domes have lasted 26 weeks and still in perfect working order (although the silicone cushion looks a bit squashed) and the second set have done 20 weeks and also in perfect working order (looking less squashed). The large get less wear now as they really are too small (full in 20mins) but I barely touch the end of the XL even with a long session. Although saying that I didn't touch the end of the large for 6 weeks so hopefully progress is being made - keep at it!

too much suction ruin domes?
November 28 2007 at 11:59 PM dandelion (Login dandelion1)

Ok, so i try to have as much suction as possible without hurting my skin, but the domes end up caving in! this has never happened before, but i did leave the system off for about 36 hours cuz i had a fever and was sweating like crazy and the domes were just not staying on...... so maybe its cuz i dont have enough swelling that its caving in? or maybe i have bad domes? or does this not matter at all? eek

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: too much suction ruin domes? November 29 2007, 12:26 AM

It could be sucking too hard or just that the domes aren't positioned correctly. Try letting a little air out and flaring the silicone cushion outwards - you need to get the silicone as flat onto your chest as possible otherwise it will turn in. Letting the silicone turn in starts to rip it off the domes.

Louise
(no login) Re: too much suction ruin domes? November 29 2007, 12:57 AM

p.s. I found that ramping up suction throughout the wear time is more effective than just sucking hard to start and is kinder to the skin. Suck until just before it hurts, or suck until it's uncomfortable then let a little out. After about 5-10 mins suck a bit more, then again every half to one hour or every time you move around and hear air escaping. I don't know if maximal suction like this helps actual growth but it definitely gives more swelling.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon