Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me?

Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me?
March 20 2008 at 9:15 PM autumn (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi I bought a system off Ebay and it has a wide medium and a wide large. the Wide medium is almost too gross to use I want to know if I use the wide large even though its too big if thats ok? Does anyone know?

THanks
Autumn

It seems like eventually I am gonna grow into it so what is the hurt in that right?

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 20 2008, 9:38 PM

Wearing domes that are too deep i.e. large instead of medium is fine but don't use wide when you should use narrow. What's your underbust measurement?

Edit Message Delete Message

autumn
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 21 2008, 7:59 PM

I am 30 under and 33 across the nipple. If it is not a big deal to wear a larger size than why wouldnt everyone just buy the larger size instead of buying 2 domes and waster their money? Are you sure its ok to wear a larger size? Also I went to make my own airlock and I cant find 6mm tubing or a one way valve i went to 4 different stores. ANyadvice? Also how do i know how much suction to make if I have never even used the smartbox before and I dont know what it is suppose to feel like?

Thanks

Autumn

Louise
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 21 2008, 9:00 PM

Probably because Brava advise them to stay with the smaller ones so they need to pay again, wide large should be fine for the measurements you gave. Also if you got the wide medium you might be able to hide them more under lose clothes. Even after I got my narrow XL I would still use the narrow large in the evenings in front of my parents because I could hide them then I would put the XL on after a couple of hours when the large got full and stay in my room.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 24 2008, 12:23 PM

Wide Large should be fine. I measured 30.5" underbust and 33.5 over bust when I started Brava. I could have started with Medium but because my bending forward measurement was 35" (having breastfed and been pregnant), the Brava sales rep thought I might outgrow medium too fast and sent me large. The large looks huge and there is plenty of space when I first put them on, but after wearing them sometimes up to 15 hours, I was about 1" from touching the insides of dome. I never did have to move up to XL and this one set of domes lasted me 11 weeks my first cycle and 14 weeks my second cycle. They could probably go another few weeks but I noticed they are looking like they may begin separating from the plastic soon even though they are still tacky. I am just randomly wearing them now which may not result in any additional permanent growth, but the coach told me since I wore for that many weeks, I should still have "cell memory" and benefit. We'll see. I will probably keep wearing until these domes wear out. I wear for a few days and take a day or so off just because of the tender area under on my ribs. I will probably buy a brand new set of Wide Large domes in the fall and then sell the whole system on eBay with brand new domes. I don't think I'll try for a 3rd cycle. Good luck to all of you!

Louise
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 24 2008, 7:23 PM

Yeah when I first put on the narrow large I only filled about 25% and thought the Brava salesperson had been over-optimistic but I touched the end in 6 weeks, again when I first got the XL I wore almost contstantly for 5 days and only just about touched the end but a few months later I could touch the end in about 3 hours.

autumn
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 26 2008, 3:39 AM

Thanks for all the information about this. I will just use the large ones and save the small ones for a friend who is in the same prediciment. i think all woman should just buy the domes that are one size too large so they dont get ripped off.

Hey Living on Prayer have you grown? ANd kept your growth?

Thanks

Autumn

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 26 2008, 2:29 PM

Autumn,
I think I've grown some this second cycle. I haven't stopped completely yet so I'll have to let you know about 3 weeks after I'm done. I'm aiming for the end of the month or until my domes give it up. I did grow the first 11 week cycle and I waited 5 months to start the 2nd cycle. Growth was not huge but definitely more filled out and perkier. I would say first cycle was from a small barely B to a full B. I did 14 straight weeks this second cycle - took a whole week off and then I wear it for a few days at a time now and then take a day off here and there. I have a very sore spot with a swelling on one of my ribs and lying down puts a lot of pressure on it. I am usually fine when I am sitting. When I took the week off, my B bras were too small but my C's were a little too big so I hope when I'm done, I end up a small C. I measured about 35" - 35 1/2" over bust after the one week off and that was my bending measurement before Brava so it has filled in the "empty spaces" from breastfeeding and pregnancy. I am a pear with large hips and thighs and skinny arms and waist to I don't have much fat on top. It takes a lot of time a patience but if you stick with it, you can get results. Try to not miss any days if you can. Good luck!

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 26 2008, 2:31 PM

Autumn,
Yes, the growth was permanent. During the 5 months between cycles, I did not lose any of it. What I saw after 24 hours of not wearing is pretty much what I kept. Take pictures - you forget what you looked like if you don't.

autumn
(no login) Brava My new Best friend March 28 2008, 1:11 AM

Hi Ladies I have only used brava 2 nights and the 2nd morning grew a whole inch I mean it didnt last all day but long enough to be really stoked!! I am exited. Living on Prayer I also have 2 kids and nursed. Please let me know how your results turn out after you stop brava!!

Thia is Great!!

I am using the airlock and I dont even wear a bra with it and i sleep fine so far it doesnt seem as bad as everyone is saying.

AUtumn

laura37
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 28 2008, 7:39 AM

I was guessing that a larger dome size would actually make growth faster. As the breast expands, taking up more space in the dome, the pressure would decrease..., so if the breast is in a larger dome, and after expansion, there is still lots of space left, wouldn't the pressure thus remain strong? That's my thought--any opinions/idea/guesses or experience?

And on a related note, I just bought x-large domes even though technically larges would work--I was planning to start w/ the x-large first (following the above 'strategery'), but I dunno if the x-larges would last for two sessions. If they won't I probably should just start w/ a wide anyway (cuz they're cheaper on ebay--x-larges are like impossible to find). Any suggestions or thoughts?

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 28 2008, 1:44 PM

I would start with large. I could have started with wide medium but probably would have outgrown them. I got wide large instead and would have never gone to XL. If you take care of the domes they should last a lot longer than Brava says (they want you to buy new domes). I am still using my large domes and they have 1782 hours on them. I also have cleaned them daily with the antiseptic dome cleanser and have only used the sportbox. I have heard using airlock increasing swelling and that it also wears out the domes quicker. I think my domes still have some life left. They are very tacky still but I noticed that on the outside they look like they will start to separate in one spot, but they have looked like that for a couple weeks and nothing has happened yet.

autumn
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 29 2008, 10:10 PM

Thanks for all the response ladies. I started using the large domes instead of the medium and its working great. Everymorning my boobs look great and it lasts a few hours. I am starting to itch really bad does anyone have advice? besides the itching i am doing very well i have gone 4 nights and no problems yet. I like the airlock but does anyone have advice on how much suction?

Thanks

Autumn

Louise
(no login) Re: Is it ok to use a Brava Dome that is 1 size too large for me? March 29 2008, 11:30 PM

How much suction - the more the better! The harder you can suck them on the more things you can do with them on without losing a seal, I could sleep on my side or front, workout, cook, tidy up etc. The most important thing is that you never allow the silicone cushion to bend inwards inside the dome - it will literally rip off in a couple of weeks. If it turns in, let a little air out and use your fingers to flare the cushion outwards, you maye even need to hold it like this while you suck more air out. After a few weeks they don't try to turn in any more, not sure why! I would say suck until it hurts a little then let a little out if you have to, then when you can stand it suck some more out. By continuously ramping up the pressure I got massive swelling and this coincided with whe I seemed to get most of the actual growth. You'll probably have to let a little more out to be comfortable enough to sleep. Also whenever possible ditch the Brava bra - it turns the domes inwards in the cleavage area and puts unnecessary pressure on your sternum.

For the itching I would suggest washing with warm water only (no soap) after you remove the domes and putting loads of body lotion on. Don't use anything new, use whatever you would normally use as you know your skin gets on with it. If you're home alone ideally go topless or just wear a shirt unbuttoned to let the skin breathe. Brava advise never to go braless though so don't do it all the time! I found buying a huge bra in a larger band and cup size that was a sporty non-wired style with elastic underneath for support gave my ribs time to recover during the day, much more comfortable than underwire. I was wearing 32Bs when I started and used to wear 36D to work and some mornings it was a struggle to fit into it!

When it's time to put the domes back on either don't wash your skin or wash and then moisturise. I used to slap loads of cheap body lotion on and use that instead of the dome prep - it works fine but makes the domes less sticky and you'll have to give the cushions a bit of a scrub every few days. You'll be relieved once the domes lose their sticky as that is the thing for me that was most itchy and if you airlock tight enough you don't need it. I also found Potter's Skin Clear Ointment (zinc based cream) and AR2 Borage Cream very helpful - I've got links on my program to show the exact packaging. Using liquid evening primrose or borage oil was also a non-irritating more moisturising alternative to dome prep and also worked fine.

Good luck xx

Brava wideness
October 13 2008 at 7:00 PM sally (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everybody
I have a big frame and using Brava 's Medium wide Domes . But they 're not wide enough to help me grow more at upper and under breast . Do u know that the Large wide domes will be any wider to help me in this problem.? Thank everyone

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava wideness October 13 2008, 9:36 PM

I think each step up is wider and deeper. I've had narrow large, narrow XL and now wide XL. I've got a pretty tiny frame but I wanted the wide XL as they're quite a bit deeper and I fill most of the narrow XL easily. The narrow XL are definitely wider than the narrow large. If you're not planning on trying to hide them under your clothes you may be best getting the wide XL as they will have the biggest base. The only problem is if you suck them tight they bend inwards - not sure if this matters though as I still get huge swelling (about 2 cups before I go to bed and 3+ when I get up). If you look at old posts Seri measured the size of the dome bases for comparison.

sally
(no login) brava wideness cont' October 14 2008, 4:13 PM

i called the Brava and they said there is only 2 size for wideness( narrow and wide). They said the Wide- large domes have exactly the same circle like the Wide -medium domes and I am having the largest wideness. Do u have the measurement of these circle? and I didn't find their Wide- Extra Large on their measurement website.
Thank you so much

Urgen! Need help: Which size of domes is better?
December 24 2008 at 3:42 PM Ting0 (Login Ting0)

Hi, I'm new here. I just bought a Brava from Brava company. I'm 34A. The sales person suggested me to buy Wide medium domes. And I want Wide Large domes so I can wear it for a long time without outgrowing and buying another pair. But the sales person said if the domes are too big you can't lock the air. I'm not sure if it's true. I already paid.Can anyone give me any suggestion. Should I buy Wide medium or Wide Large? Will it really make any difference?
I'm waiting on line. Thanks.

Author Reply
Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER ...Almost certain you want wide large December 24 2008, 8:37 PM

What is your bust and underbust measurement? I was told I was too small underbust to wear Brava at all but got the narrow large and outgrew them in 6 weeks. The narrow XL fit me really well but get full in a long session so I have the wide XL too. The wide XL seals ok but I find it hard to do housework in them because they're big and heavy they fall off if I lean forwards. I can keep the seal overnight in the wide XL but the narrow XL goes on tighter so I can sleep on my side which is more comfortable. I'm about 26 underbust and 33 over so I'm 30D but even with a tiny band size I can still fit the largest domes. You say you are 34A. Are you full A cup or just wearing A cup because it's easier to buy than a smaller size? I used to wear 32B because I didn't like to think I was only 32A but the inside of the bra was empty. If you have a reasonable amount of breast tissue you'll get a seal with no probs.

Ting0
(Login Ting0) Thanks for replying December 25 2008, 12:58 AM

Louise, I'm not full A. My underbust is 29,overbust is 31.5. I just don't want to buy another pair of domes within my first session. Will I be ok to wear Wide L or not? Thanks.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Urgen! Need help: Which size of domes is better? December 25 2008, 1:54 PM

That's really difficult, your measurements do make you smaller than 34A so I'm not sure. Have you got kids or lost weight recently? Is your body very skinny? I think if you've breastfed previously then you're more likely to get big swelling but otherwise you might be better doing as they suggest - I don't want to advise you to get the Wdie large then you can't get a seal. I think I get away with wearing domes that are too big because I've got a reasonable amount of breast tissue now but if you're a very small cupsize you may have problems.

V
(Login indecisive1) Re: dome size December 25 2008, 8:56 PM

Hi i would agree with louise and get the large. I have never been over weight, never had kids, was a 34A and really didnt even fill that out at all. I started with a med because thats what the website said i should start with and that was fine for like 2weeks and then my nipples were touching the domes, and then when i stopped using the smartbox and did a manual air lock they started swelling so large my entire breast would be smushed up against the dome. I did not buy my original system from brava so i couldnt go to them to buy the large, so i got the only size they sell on ebay which is XL and i have no problem getting a suction. I honestly wouldnt recommend anyone start with a medium because of my experience and the expense incurred.

ting0
(Login Ting0) Re: December 29 2008, 2:12 AM

Louise and V,thank you both for the advice. I think I'll probably go for Wide Large since I got kids and I should be a quick responder. I just suspected what the Brava salesperson said and I think they are trying to sell more domes.(The domes are so high priced that I don't think they worth that much money.)

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Urgen! Need help: Which size of domes is better? December 29 2008, 5:48 AM

Wow! I can't imagine ever touching the end of the domes! I started off completely, completely flat-chested (not even a size!)though I did become a large B when breastfeeding my three children 20 years ago. It all went away soon after, however. I have the wide/medium domes, having been using Brava for 8 weeks, and I am barely half-way to the end of the inside of the dome after a 16-hour session. It doesn't seem to matter if I use the smartbox or the manual airlock - they just never seem to swell any bigger. Still, I am happy with my progress so far. Maybe someday, huh? Congrats to all of you that have such great success!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Urgen! Need help: Which size of domes is better? December 29 2008, 5:56 PM

Hi Roakie - don't panic, it takes a while to grow new skin before you can get big swelling then even longer to grow anything new to put inside it! Think 8 months on 4 months off schedule for several years - it doesn't happen overnight, keep it up x

Ting0
(Login Ting0) Re: December 31 2008, 6:10 AM

A little confused... I biggest concern is whether the bigger domes will hold the pressure during the first several weeks,especially during the daytime I suppose to do some housework. Should it be smaller better for doing housework? Any idea? Thanks.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon