Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Brava schedule questions

Brava schedule questions
September 12 2008 at 1:38 AM Karen (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to everyone who has been answering my questions, I have so many since I'm just starting with Brava. It's so nice to have a forum with such knowledgeable and helpful people willing to share their wisdom Smile

This is the schedule I've made with the hours I should be able to wear Brava:

Mon 6pm-Tues 6:30am = 12.5hrs
Tues 4 pm-Wed 12pm = 20 hrs
Wed 5 pm-Thurs 7am = 14 hrs
Thurs 2:30pm-Fri 10:30am = 20 hrs
Fri 4:00pm-Sat 12pm = 20 hrs
Sat 6pm-Sun 9 am = 15 hrs
Sun 2pm-Mon 4:30am = 14.5 hrs

AVERAGE 16.5 hrs/Day

I could put in more hours over the weekends, but as you can see, my longest sessions are 20 hrs. I think I read somewhere that it's not recommended to wear for longer than that because you need to give your cells a break. Is this correct or could I just wear continuously for like 24 hrs?

This might be a stupid question, but what's the maximum number of hours from the end of one session to the beginning of the next that's allowed without setting me back? Is it 14 hrs?

Thanks so much and sorry for all the questions!!!!

Author Reply
StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Brava schedule questions September 12 2008, 2:29 AM

sounds great if you can do it....i can't imagine leaving the domes on for so long while awake, they are SO uncomfortable. I would think you will end up with some rash issues too. Give it a try and you'll see. Power to you--I can barely manage 10 hours a day!!!!!

Edit Message Delete Message

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Brava schedule questions September 12 2008, 4:24 AM

thats a lot of hours - which is good! i wish i could do that! do you go out at night , for dinner or drinks sometimes? i could maybe put in more hours...but then i would never see any one...

Karen
(no login) Re: Brava schedule questions September 12 2008, 4:40 AM

Good point StacyEllen, I probably would get a rash if I do that many hours. But I do have the time and I'd love to put in a lot of hours and hopefully cut down on the weeks of wear if that's possible. But because of the skin issues, I'll probably not do that many. I guess it's kinda pointless to wear it so intensely that I'd have to quit just a few weeks in b/c of problems... =(

Dandelion - I'm in nursing school for 2.5 days per week until May, when I'll graduate and have to work full time. So this is really my only opportunity to put in the time with Brava. I have to study A LOT so it's the perfect chance to grow boobs Big Grin and yeah I do go out occasionally, I could always modify the schedule as needed.

amy
(no login) Re: Brava schedule questions September 12 2008, 3:06 PM

after you take domes off ,are your boobs purple or have marks?
does it matter when you wear it?day or nite

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava schedule questions September 12 2008, 8:00 PM

Hi Karen,

Sounds great! If you haven't worn Brava before make sure you build up slowly e.g.

Monday 4 hours
Tuesday 6 hours
Wednesday 8 hours
Thursday 10 hours
Friday 11 hours
Saturday 11 hours
Sunday 11 hours

Then 12-13 hours each day for another 1-2 weeks before increasing. I jumped right in and got to a point after 4 days where I was constantly itchy with the domes on or off and had to leave them off for a week for it to go (better to waste the 4 days than leave them off later and waste even more).

I did 30 weeks with Brava last year and got a good result - if you look in the program page section I posted the hours (and loads of waffle that you can scroll past) every week under the heading "Veggie NBE with Brava". I just started my second session Monday 1st September and I've not done more than 13 hours yet and feeling pretty comfy, will begin to increase soon. Last cycle I did once wear almost constantly for 5 days straight - got a NASTY rash, I counted more than 60 individual red spots where the domes touched and some turned into acne-like spots, luckily no scars. Although I work full time I kept up an average of 15 hours per night last time round by doing as you suggest and wearing 12-13 hours on worknights and 20+ hours on days off.

In answer to your question Brava told me that I should use for minimum of 11 hours per night and not leave off for more than 13 hours. In general people seem to say that if you totally miss one night you need to add 5 nights at the end to get the same result. If you only get 8.5 hours once a week with at least 11 hours the day before and the day after then that's not a missed night but doing less than 11 hours twice in a week means you need to add 5 days.

Have a look at my program, Diana1978's Brava program (she used long hours for only about 7-8 weeks and still got growth) and also Tori's program - we've all posted hours.

Good luck!

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Brava schedule questions September 13 2008, 3:19 AM

if ever you get some sort of rash, this has helped me a lot : DermAid 0.5% hydrocortisone cream.

Karen
(no login) Re: Brava schedule questions September 13 2008, 5:24 AM

Thanks for the advice Louise! I have already jumped right in and done 3 long sessions, so I'll cut back the hours as you mentioned to start.

Dandelion... I'll go get some of that cream right away. I'm worried I'm getting a rash already! Sad This evening when i went to put the domes on, i noticed a band of super teeny-tiny little dots along the area where the inside edge of the silicon sits inside of the domes- same area on both sides of my ribcage. I'm thinking maybe it's because of sweat inside the domes, but i don't know... i'm kinda discouraged to think that i could be headed for skin problems this early in.

I have yet another question!!! How long is it before you start sleeping better with these things? It's been three nights and I'm getting maybe 2 hours of sleep. I'm gonna give it a week to get used to. I guess the real question is, does one ever get a relatively good night's sleep and feel decent the next day, or are you always restless?

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Brava schedule questions September 13 2008, 7:57 AM

I am a tummy sleeper so I hear you! I am on my third cycle (3 years in a row) and each time it takes about a week to get a decent night sleep. Here I am on week 6 and up in the middle of the nightSmile Most nights I sleep pretty well. I frequently (maybe 4 nights of the week) have to get up for an hour and watch t.v....i find if i lay there tossing and turning i just get very irritated. Now if I wake up and am restles i get up and then after about an hour I can get back to sleep. It does get better. At first it took an hour or more just to fall asleep on my back...now i fall asleep quickly.

hang in there!

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava schedule questions September 13 2008, 7:32 PM

My first 2 weeks I slept about 1-2 hours per night but after that it got better. If you're not married try sleeping with no pillow under your head and about 4 pillows under your bent knees - this keeps you on your back. Otherwise if you pile pillows up so you have at least 3 behind you, 1 under each arm and 1-2 under your knees it will make a reclining chair shape which will also keep you in a good position. After a few weeks when you can suck the domes on tight enough you'll be able to sleep on your front or side by piling pillows under your chest. On the bright side it only gets better, my 1st night of my second round I spent about 15 mins worrying I may not sleep well then fell asleep - have done nearly 2 weeks and no problems sleeping at all.

Karen
(no login) Re: Brava schedule questions September 13 2008, 7:38 PM

Last night was horrible. Awful. At 3:30am I still hadn't been asleep. And to make matters worse, the pain in my ribs was unbearable. So for now, I'm having to quit. It's now 9 hrs since I took the domes off, and my ribs are still aching pretty bad.

I don't know what I've done wrong. I've only used a little extra suction than what the smartbox gives to make the domes stay on at night. It's not like I'm airlocking hard.

I can't imagine what the rib pain would be like in a couple of days if I tried to continue.

I'm extremely disappointed as I really had the time and willingness to dedicate to this project, but the PAIN!!

Maybe it's that I put in too many hours too fast? Louise cautioned me to start up slowly, but I'd already put in a lot of hours by that point. Do you think my ribs would adjust by building up slowly or would it just be a matter of time until they starting hurting anyway? Maybe I've just got unusually sensitive ribs or something, that Brava won't work for me, I don't know.

HELP!!!!!!!! Sad

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava schedule questions September 14 2008, 7:35 PM

Don't panic! Although I gave you very senstible advice I totally failed to follow it myself when I first started - a lot of us have jumped right in and had some sort of problem so don't feel bad.

Make sure you leave them off now for at least a few days until you feel completely better (you don't want to have to take a break later when you've got more to lose). If your skin is itchy too then treat that as well, ideally with natural stuff from the health food shop. A few girls recommend hydrocortisone but I personally would be wary of this (although Seri used it for a year with no probs) because steroid will over time make your skin thinner and weaker and more prone to broken skin which could leave scars.

When you feel better try again but build up slowly and maybe only suck extra after the first week or two. I used to use BB (much stronger suction) on full power before I took a break, I wanted to use it for 30-60 mins before each Brava session like I did before - I only used the half setting for 30 mins and my boobs hurt for 4 days!

Sorry for yet another novel!

dandelion
(Login dandelion1) Re: Brava schedule questions September 14 2008, 9:43 PM

louise i didnt know that about hydrocortisone! it worked really well for me - i've only had one minor skin issu and i used it once a day for a couple of days. do you know of any natural products that work well? i think moisturizing is key, to keep your skin supple and less prone to breaking.
i'm scared to use my cream now... thanks for the tip

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava schedule questions September 15 2008, 5:01 PM

I try to use natural stuff because I think Brava abuses the skin bad enough and I've found them helpful for other skin probs like eczema and acne (I'm not a hippy!).

Before I put the domes on I use:

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/p...asp?pid=46
(Vitamin E oil supplement - you're supposed to drink it!)

Then over the top I put:

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/p...sp?pid=515
(99.9% aloe vera - very soothing)

Then over the top of that:

http://www.alltoiletries.com/shared/prod...p?ID=85405

Then I put the domes on without using dome prep or letting any of it dry, I find it's best to keep the skin lubricated.

When I take the domes off I wash with warm water and a flannel with baby shampoo and apply more vitamin E oil, more aloe vera then put a little of this zinc cream on any sore / red patches:

http://www.discountvitaminsandherbs.com/...l&pid=4021
(The top one)

I am then careful not to wash this off before putting the domes on again to save a little of the zinc cream (which is also v good for acne / eczema / burns etc).

Brava's advice and skin products are there to care for the domes not your skin, I also only rinse the domes in the morning to remove sweat and have a good clean once a week. The narrow XL domes that I used part time for about 10 weeks, then full time for about 14 weeks are still in good working order but just slightly squashed from too much suction.

Karen
(no login) Re: Brava schedule questions September 16 2008, 12:41 AM

Thanks for the advice Louise!! I will give Brava another try in a couple more days once all the pains go away. I'm still worried that eventually my ribs will start hurting again, but maybe not if I build up slowly enough. All I can do is try. Anyway, I'd like to use some of the products you recommend above, but I know they would ruin the sticky, which is important for me because I can't airlock hard enough to keep the domes on without the sticky. But if I don't take care of my skin, i just know i'll end up with problems....so i don't know.... why does this have to be so complicated! Sad

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava schedule questions September 16 2008, 5:18 PM

Hey Karen,

The point I was making is that even thought the Brava brand products are more aimed at helping the domes than your skin using other stuff doesn't necessarily spoil them. I think anything that is just an oil like baby oil won't affect the sticky too much. Anything with a thick white deposit like the zinc cream I use for rashes makes the sticky come off in little bobbles - having said that I purposefully rubbed it all off and they're still slightly tacky. Really, look after your skin first (or see how you go, as you get into it you'll be able to airlock more and your skin will be able to take more abuse!). I only really had major problems when I overdid the hours then at aroun week 26 I got to a point where all the extra suction had squashed the silicone cushioning so that when I airlocked tight it rubbed a sore patch on my ribs, the sensible thing to do would've been buy new domes but I only had 4 weeks to go so I did my best to cover the sore patch and just finished the session - this left a small scar from having the wound open for so long.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava schedule questions September 16 2008, 5:23 PM

P.s.

Karen, are you very skinny round the ribs? I'm getting a but of rib pain even though I'm not airlocking as tight as I thought I was before and I think it may be because I've lost a lot of weight (I'm a funny shape - fat arms and legs, big butt, small-medium boobs, tiny waist but loads of ribs sticking out everywhere like I'm anorexic).

Karen
(no login) Re: Brava schedule questions September 18 2008, 7:12 AM

Well, I guess I will try some baby oil then. I can tell I'm problem-prone so I better take good care of my skin (and ribs!) from Day 1. I wouldn't say that I'm as skinny around the ribs as some people I've seen, but there's not that much fat their either, so that's probably part of why i started having pain so quickly. I have a BMI of 19.6, so I guess I've got enough fat for Brava to work, I hope.

Louise
(Login Louise1982)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava schedule questions September 18 2008, 7:55 PM

My BMI's 19.5 so not much different, Brava advise you not to lose more than 7 lbs otherwise you'll burn off more than you grow. Last session I lost 15 lbs and still got a good result. Just build up slowly then do your best to put the hours in. Don't suck too hard to start then suck out a little more after about 10 mins, a bit more after 30 mins then every hour or so if you can.

Melanie
(no login) About your rib pain September 22 2008, 6:53 AM

Hi Karen,

I am not yet a Brava user, as I just found out about Brava today while desperately searching for NBE solutions, but in response to your post about pain in your ribs, I was wondering if you saw this paragraph on the Brava website about possible Brava side effects?

Costochondritis:
Costochondritis is a rare cause of chest wall pain and is characterized by a painful swelling of the upper costal cartilages of the rib cage (where the ribs connect to the breast bone). Treatment with over-the-counter anti-inflamatories and locally applied heat will usually improve most symptoms. If symptoms persist, discontinue use of the System and see your local Brava Authorized Physician or other health care provider.

I don't know what kind of pain you're having in your ribs, but I wanted to make you aware of this in case you'd like to ask your local Brava physician about the pain! Good luck!

How many hours do you wear Brava for?
May 6 2006 at 9:38 AM Shirley (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been using Brava now for 6 weeks. I got some swelling in the first 2 weeks but nothing graeter since then. I often find the 10 hours difficult and don't wear the domes for that long and I'm wondering now whether this is the problem. I saw a message from someone that said you really need to wear Brava not only for the 10 hours they reecommend, but actually more than that if you really want to see results. Is anyone like me and not always managed the full 10 hours and still got results? After 6 weeks I don't have a great deal to show for my efforts so far.

Author Reply
Tanya
(no login) Hours May 6 2006, 12:14 PM

You really need to wear it for the full 10 hours to see any results and if you're a slow grower like me, you have to really wear it for about 12 hours a night for probably about 4 months. It's a pain in the ass but it's trhe only way it will work.

Karen
(no login) Re: How many hours do you wear Brava for? May 6 2006, 3:02 PM

I'd say that Tanya is definitely right about that. The 10 hours that Brava say you should use it for is really the MINIMUM and some women need more than 10 hours. I think less than 10 hours would be useless.

Cutie Pie
(Login cutie.pie) Re: How many hours do you wear Brava for? May 22 2006, 10:00 PM

I get the impression that less than 10 hours and it's really not going to work. I don't mean to sound negative but this is just the way it is.

PLEASE HELP
June 17 2007 at 8:22 PM Anoushka (no login)

I have been thinking about brava for such a long time...its either brava or actually going for breast implants.

-Can someone please tell me if it matters if i wear it less for an odd day or have a very occasional missed day?
-Could i buy a second hand brava from e-bay and would it still be ok to use? How would i know its ok for use?

Author Reply
Louise
(no login) Re: PLEASE HELP June 17 2007, 9:37 PM

Brava recommend minimum 11hrs for 15 weeks and the lady at Brava said to me it's also important to use at a similar time of day as you shouldn't leave it off for more than 13 hours.

I've read (probably on here somewhere) that if you use for less than 8.5 hours that counts as a missed day and for every missed day you need to add 5 full days at the end of the program.

See also these posts:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/482746/th...od+to+know

http://www.network54.com/Forum/482746/th...URCHASE%21

Brava sounds like a big commitment but I've ordered mine, I intend to use it pretty much whenever I'm not actually at work for a for at least 15-20 weeks depending on results. Also Brava say that taking a break then doing a whole second cycle can give a second 1 cup increase.

Seri_Flamehair
(Login Seri_Flamehair)
SENIOR MEMBER Brava wear and used domes June 17 2007, 10:06 PM

Bad to miss a day or get under 8 hours in a single day. The thing to remember with brava is this. It works by the constant pressure on the breast tissue. everytime you relax the pressure brava doesn't work for you so if you loose seal during the night and dont wake up for it you add a week to the total to get the benefit.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon