Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Take a break or not?

Take a break or not?
October 1 2009 at 10:47 AM elusia (Login elusia)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been struggeling with Brava for 8 months now, with very little results. After 12 hours off domes, I have about 1" more than when I started. I talked to my Brava coach today, and she says that I need to take a 3 month break. I'm so addicted to the swelling (usually 1" - 2") that I can't imagine what I'll do without it...and for 3 months?!

She said that when I find that I'm not bigger in the evening than the day before, and it's that way for a while, it means that the body isn't growing any longer and needs a break.

Anyone has any insight about this?

Author Reply
J.J.
(no login) Re: Take a break or not? October 1 2009, 4:41 PM

Grrhhh! Frustrating, Elusia. I think I may be having the same problem. I have been somewhere around 35 to 35.25 inches in the evening after 12+ hours with the domes off for some time; 5 to 6 weeks I guess. I started back in March, so I am just past 6 months of Brava use.

I had initially hoped to get to 36+ inches after 12 hours with domes off, in the hopes of actually stabilizing at 35 inches. 34 inches looks so little now..... I guess I may have stopped growing. For a while I was increasing at about half an inch every six weeks or so, but that seems to have stopped.

I plan to keep going until the end of November anyway. It isn't that big an inconvenience, so I guess it doesn't matter much one way or another. I don't seem to be growing, but also am not having problems with skin rashes or sleeping so no real need to stop. I guess if I were you I would stop if there are significant problems with skin or sleeping. Otherwise, not.

Edit Message Delete Message

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Take a break or not? October 2 2009, 6:00 AM

Hey gals! I think I have you both beat! I am in my 11th month!!!! Not a single missed night. I started off absolutely, totally flat. Not even a mound. Now I have a little breast after 12 hours off, but with a t-shirt on, I still look completely flat. I wish I had grown more, and faster, and I have to admit I don't know what will be there if I leave the domes off for 24 hours (or horrors, a week!!)but I am still content to see a tiny breast where before there was none.

I, too, am scared to stop. Plus, I have been taking herbs as well, MSM, flaxseed oil....all the stuff recommended on the herbal side of this forum...and I still have virtually no growth compared to most ladies on here. I am past menopause and have always been very thin, so I think I have a lot working against me.

I can't remember - are you both thin as well? Is there something in common that we share? I would like to see if there are some factors we share that are making it so hard for us to grow. Did you both start off as flat-chested as me? I have had three children and nursed them all? Any pregnancies with either of you? Forgive me for not remembering. I will probably go look this up as soon as I post this reply.

Well - I don't know if I agree with the Brava coach or not. I guess it makes sense that there is an end to this process and all growth will stop, but then again, maybe some of us need a year or more of continuous wear. I plan to follow the "springtime is best for growth" method highlighted in the main page of this forum, and take a short break in December, and then start up again in January.

If we are truly growing breast tissue, doesn't it make sense that continuous pressure will continue to create new tissue? Why would the cells stop, and then start growing again?

I also have another problem. My right breast is nice and round, and my left breast is sort of saggy and flatter. I also think I notice more stretch marks than I used to have. I am somewhat afraid that when I stop, the new tissue (what little there is) will disappear, leaving me with a stretched bag of skin. Sounds horrible, doesn't it?

If I had an A cup to start, I think I would be more inclined to take a break. But I am so flat, I dread trying to find a shirt to wear and can't stand the thought of a padded bra that pulls up when there is nothing to hold it down.

Let's all hang in there and lend support. Seems like most of the past Brava gals are long gone. I think most of them had success. Yay! We just need to keep going!

elle
(no login) Re: Take a break or not? October 2 2009, 12:37 PM

Hi Roakie, maybe I am not the best person to speak as I only started brava about three weeks ago. From what I read my suggestion is to give a break and then start to gain weight while you are doing brava.Then you will have more fat cells to work with. Wild yam cream is also really good after certain age, gives fullness to breast. I dont suggest anything oral. You dont have to do it just a suggestionSmile

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Take a break or not? October 2 2009, 4:09 PM

I have basically been this weight my entire life. Only time I put on pounds was during pregnancy, and any extra has always just gone to my hips. Also, I won't use any hormone creams other than what the doctor has prescribed. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Take a break or not? October 2 2009, 8:52 PM

Roakie,

I think we should leave JJ out of this - after all you have grown over 2", haven't you, JJ? I'm so happy for you and I dream of getting your results, eventually!

As for me Roakie, I'm like you, very thin, and no matter how much I try to feed myself not much happens. If it happens it happens in the butt / belly area....not where I want it!! How's your retention and swelling for the moment?

I read somewhere on a Brava page that very thin women and women with very little breast tissue will be less successful with Brava. I'm afraid we both fit into that category. I'm still an AA, when I started, I was AAA, I think. After wearing the domes for 14 hours I can almost fill up a 36 A and I think I look fantastic! But then again, bras differ so much. I even have a European 34 C that I can almost fill after 14 hours - they actually seem to be the same size, strange enough.

Just like you, Roakie, I have taken MSM, taken the oils, supplements, protein shakes, you name it...

I could do this forever, I just love the swelling, but my husband is not too happy about my brava frenzy. As a matter of fact, he's the reason I "never" post here any longer - I have to use all my "free" time keeping him happy so that he'll let me continue just a litter longer....(yes, you guessed it, he's not home right now!)

Anyway, this is my plan: I have ordered a new set of domes, wide Large. It's my 3rd pair. On the first, the rims are ruined, the second, XL, don't really work for me. They are too soft and just squish the boobies so they don't swell much.

Now I'm planning to see if the new domes, in combination with little longer hours will do any difference. If not, I will take a break, scary or not!

Keep it up, my friends!! We WILL grow!!

elle
(no login) Re: Take a break or not? October 3 2009, 10:21 AM

I know exactly what you mean roakie. When I gain weight it goes to my hips rather than to boobs and when I lose weight it is exactly oppositeSmile I am pear shape I think thats why. Just luckySmile But my theory is when you do Brava it will go more to breast as well as to your hips. Because you are working in the breast area and do tissue expansion. Our brain is clever enough to send weight anyway. At the moment I am trying to lose weight more than ever with confidence as I think I will not lose it from my breast this time. That's my theory anyway. Good luck to all of you, all of us I meanSmile

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Take a break or not? October 3 2009, 3:09 PM

I do believe Brava can work. My worry, however, is that since I don't naturally have ANY fat from my hips up, that it will be extremely difficult to regain a few teaspoons of fat in my boobs if I actually gain it from Brava. It seems that if I lose any weight at all (not that I want to) it will immediately drop from my breasts if it ever goes there.

I am trying to eat at least a T. of flaxseed oil a day, and I think I will start incorporating a bunch of nuts into my diet so that I can maintain some weight.

Mind you, even though I am skinny, I still have baggy, flabby skin from loss of hormones. I have weight-trained and done aerobics most of the last 30 years and most women who never exercise have nicer, tighter skin than me. Sometimes it gets so frustrating!!!

J.J.
(no login) Re: Take a break or not? October 4 2009, 5:39 AM

Yes, I have over 2 inches of growth. I started at 31.25 over the nipples, and 30.50 under bust. As you might imagine, the fact that my over nipple measurement was larger then the underbust measurement was largely due to the fact that my rib cage is a bit wider higher up on my chest. I had zero boobs; you could see all my ribs all the way up. No fat on my chest at all.

I currently am about 35 to 35.25 after 12 hours with domes off. So I am approaching 4 inches of growth. In the morning I a small C cup, in the evening a solid 36A. Want to keep that but seem to be stalling out in progress toward 36 inches at days end. I know if I stop now it will go down to 34 inches or so; that would be a 36AA. Still way better than what I started with.

I have gained about 5 pounds sinces starting Brava; that had probably helped a lot. Started at 112 or so, currently 117 pounds and almost at a BMI of 20. I have been taking meds to suppress thyroid function, that is what has helped with the weight gain. And boob gain. Don't really want to gain any more though.

Had one child, breastfed for 11+ months. Currently am trying to get pregnant again, if it works I will stop with the Brava, obviously. Really, there isn't anything quite as exhilarating as abandoning birth control efforts...insanity (and a strange attraction to obstreperous young persons) triumphs over reason again!

Roakie & Elusia I do wish you all the best. Don't know what to say about the lack of body fat problem. It is so frustrating to have difficulty gaining weight and then when you do, to have it go to the hips instead of the boobs. I know that there are a lot of people who struggle to lose weight who would laugh at that, but it is true. Happy you are still here. I kind of see you two and trigger as being my "class" in brava school. Glad for her she got to 36 inches. Everyone's situation is a bit different. Can't say that what works or one person will work for another. Best to all. I really do appreciate everyone's contribution here. Even if I don't post really frequently I do check in all the time to see how everyone is doing.

Anet
(no login) Re: Take a break or not? October 4 2009, 5:48 PM

I have been doing Brava for 8 months, I have noticed that they grow 1/2 inch every 3 months. My breasts have grown 1.5 inches. It is a very weird process; each breast grows 1 line (on the measuring tape)every 9 weeks, and then another line another 3 weeks. It's a very slow process, but it WORKS!!! My brasts are fuller and firmer. I bought a dress 1 yeard ago that was very big on me, I altered the dress but they couldn't fix the breast part. I ended up wearing it like that. The dress was very beautiful, but the top part was empty. Two weeks ago I tried on the same dress just fell of it, OH MY GOD, I was SHOCKED!!!, it was not empty anymore. I was so happy, I called my husband, I called my causin, I could not believe my eyes. I kept looking in the mirror, fixing my dress, making shure I didn't do anything different. My goal is to grow another 1/2 inch, if it goes like this, it will happen in another 3 months. Girls, don't stop, keep going if you want fuller breasts! Good luck!

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Take a break or not? October 5 2009, 2:32 AM

Thanks so much for the inspiration, everyone!

I started some herbs about 5 weeks ago. Now I have another new trick. I am doing something widely suggested on the other forum. I take liquid fenugreek capsules and break them into a plastic cup with aloe vera gel to make a nice herbal gel. I rub it on my breasts, cover with saran wrap, and sit with a heating pad over them for about twenty minutes. This is supposed to be a great way to add fenugreek transdermally. Then I leave the absorbed gel on overnight under the domes. It does smell like syrup, but I feel like I am doing something good so i will put up with it.

Ha ha....I am sitting her with the heating pad on as I write. After 2 days it's too early to tell if this will do much, but I am pulling out all the stops!

emmiedee
(Login anothertry) roakie October 5 2009, 8:53 PM

i will be interested to see how you are faring with the herb/suction combo. i am going to do it with bo... logic says it should work, right? prompt it to grow the tissue, give it room to grow?

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Take a break or not? October 7 2009, 9:10 PM

Anet,

glad to hear you can see a difference! How long do you plan to keep on going? How many hours do you usually do?

JJ,

I'm sorry I said that you had gained 2 inches when in fact, you're getting close to 4!! That is even more fantastic!! Do you still fit in the same clothes? For sure you must have new size in your bras? How many hours do you do on an average and do you use the smartbox or airlock? It will be intersting to see what happens when you get pregnant, nursing and all that... You must let us know when it happens ; )

Elusia

Anet
(no login) Re: Take a break or not? October 12 2009, 10:47 PM

I have been doing 12 hours a day. For one month, I did about 17-18 hours a day. I don't think it makes a difference to do longer hours as long as we do 11 hours everyday we are fine. I want my breast to be at least 33-33.5 inches. I'm 32.5 now, it should take another 6 months. I will do as long as it takes, because I know Brava works!!!

Rox3
(no login) Re: Take a break or not? October 15 2009, 10:00 PM

Hi gals,
Just an update from me. I did Brava last January - May, 2009. I grew 1.5 inches in 18 weeks and I have retained it even now after 4 1/2 months. However, I've been doing Noogleberry all summer to try to keep the fullness. With that, the tape measure hasn't changed at all. So for me I had better results w/ Brava even tho' I do Noogle every day for about 30-60 minutes.

One side note - I had my annual mammo today and the tech said the pictures from this year vs. last year looked different. She didn't say bigger she just said the breast tissue was more cloudy and denser now and I'm a year old. Usually they get less dense as you age...hmmmm.....

molehills
(no login) Re: Take a break or not? October 15 2009, 11:45 PM

Rox3, that comment about your mammogram makes me wonder...will you let us know if there is any follow up? Thanks!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon