Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Ribs are hurting, any suggestions?

Ribs are hurting, any suggestions?
November 17 2009 at 12:05 PM Carrie (Login carjam6)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been using noogleberry for the past 5 days, for about 1 to 2 hours in the morning, and my ribs are feeling it. Nothing too painful, but I do notice some pain. I pump and then hold the suction for about an hour. I could pump even more (get a stronger suction) but I don't like the pain on my ribs.

I've already purchased a larger size of Bosom Beauty domes from the gizmo store (in the mail) so I'm hoping that might help.

Author Reply
Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? November 17 2009, 3:16 PM

Hi Carrie,

This is what I use to cushion, I've tried everything before this and would not be able to use the Noogleberry without it. You will have some discomfort at first, which is normal since you are not used to those things suctioned to your chest, but this should help a great deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Frost-V447H-Mounti...565&sr=1-1

Edit Message Delete Message

wannabecee
(Login wannabecee)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? November 17 2009, 8:11 PM

Sissy,

Any problems keeping suction using this tape??

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? November 17 2009, 11:54 PM

Nope, I tried every kind on the market until I found this one. Seriously, I purchased about 8 different kinds until I found this. When you first install it, you have to push hard to get hold, I think it's getting the air out of it, but then it works great.

Carrie
(Login carjam6) Awesome November 18 2009, 11:06 AM

Hi Sissy,

I wanted to thank you for the brilliant suggestion. I went out last night to purchase my camper tape and here I am now, noogling with camper tape. I really wouldn't have even guessed to buy what you suggested so you've really saved me a lot of grief! The cushion makes it almost comfy, and I think I might even try sleeping in it at some point.

Thanks again!

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Great!! November 22 2009, 12:13 AM

Carrie, I'm so glad it helped you!! Actually I've suggested it to so many people and posted on the forum and nobody pays attention - but I just keep suggesting it thinking it will help someone.

Now you are on your way. Remember not to pump to hard in the beginning, just because you now have some cushion, your boobs still need to get used to the stretching and pumping. Good luck!

--Sissy

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? November 25 2009, 3:59 PM

What about Noogleberrys own rings? Aren't they useful? I bought them, but they didn't fit my domes that are BB domes and a bit different. Now I'm considering buying new Noogleberry domes so that I can use the plastic rings. Can you use the camping tape on Brava domes, too? I would like to use Noogleberry / BB domes in addition to Brava, but I DON'T want those nasty red rings that I got from those domes when I used them before...

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? November 28 2009, 5:55 PM

I bought NB's rings and they were useless to me. I know a few people use them, don't know how they got them to stay on. I THINK the tape would work well on the BB domes, but not sure how they would work with the silicone ring on the brava domes. Why would you need them on Brava, don't those domes come with their own silicone rings?

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? November 28 2009, 8:45 PM

Sissy,

I don't need cushioning on my Brava domes, but on the BB domes. I like Brava because it usually doesn't give me any red ring marks, but it takes so long to get any significant swelling, usually 12 hours for 1 inch, and 15 hours to get 2 inches. I'd like to first use the Noogleberry / BB domes to get good swelling, then put the more comfy Brava domes on to sleep in. My only concern is that when I used the BB domes I always got thses nasty looking red ring marks - I hope that with good cushioning I might avoid those?

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? December 2 2009, 12:15 AM

I can only tell you my experience......without cushioning, my rings lasted a few hours, or all day depending on how much I pumped. With the tape I suggested, I've realized that my rings last about an hour, or around the same amount of time I pump. If I am going out and need the rings to go away quicker, I double up the tape. It does not last when it's doubled up long, it seems to slip after a couple of pumps, but it's worth it when you need them gone quicker. For $6.00 a roll, I'd say it's well worth the try to see if it works for you.

It's not just the rings for me, it's a comfort thing. I would never have been able to put the time in or sleep in them without it. Good luck!

--Sissy

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? December 4 2009, 9:14 PM

Thanks Sissy - I've ordered that tape, we'll see how it works for me. I have extremely sensitive skin, so if that works for me, it should work for anyone ; )

sara30500
(Login sara30500) Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? December 5 2009, 2:55 AM

hi,Sissy:

Thank you for the tip.

I have been noogling for 3 months, happy with the result, but still long way to go to reach my goal. Recently I noticed two serious problem: discoloration and permanent indentation that stay 24/7, never go away.

here is my posts on the new forum: http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=600

And my questions are as follow:

1. how many hours do you noogle per day?

2. have you ever had discoloration and indentation that never go away? what I mean by discolouration is: there are two bright white circle around my breasts. they are extremely white and indented.

thanks a lot!

P.S: I have been looking for this particular tapE since the very first time Sissy posed this infor, as they do not ship internationally. Now, happy I found it on Ebay, hope it will be helpful for some fellow forum members.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAMPER-MOUNTING-TA...2a0048ccb8

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? December 8 2009, 6:03 PM

Hey Sara, I'm glad you are doing so well and so quickly.

I think I know exactly what you mean about the indents and the white circles. I had the same indents and whiteness around my breast. As far as the indents, what happened with me is that I built tissue right under the top of the domes, and what was once an indent, became a fullness up top. A good example is Kultzu's pics on page 7 or 8 in her pic section on the NB forum. You can see how she has built tissue up top, mine are like that too. But when I first started, it seemed more of an indent at the top of my breast bone. I was quite concerned like you. If you look at my pics, it might look like I'm wearing a push up bra, but actually that's just how they sit now, those bras have very little support except an underwire.

The whitness actually is still there for me, although you really can't see it from my pics. It does seem to fade when I don't get to pump much. I've wondered if it is also the way the light reflects differently since they are puffed out now?? Right now I'm trying to back off a little on my pumping because I've developed redness towards the bottom of my breast that I never had before. That's from pumping too hard when I had leaky domes I think.

Honestly, for me in the beginning I wondered if I should keep pumping or stop because I was afraid I was going to be permanently disfigured from the indents. I'm glad I kept going.

My usual routine is to pump several times a day for 1-1.5 hours. Sometimes I put them on before bed and probably get a good couple of additional hours that way also.

That is a good price for that tape on ebay, actually even with S&H it's cheaper than I get at the hardware store!

--Sissy

sara30500
(Login sara30500) Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? January 6 2010, 10:15 PM

Sissy, The indentation I am talking about is edge of the cup leaves an indented ring around the boobs, I have the white circle marks too, the indentations are right at where the white circle marks are. Do you have the same type of indentation? Or maybe you are lucky enough to avoid it by using the Tape?

And, finally I received the Tape today, it took exactly 1 month! It is very comfortable, much better then the Blue Tec, thanks,

S.B.
(Login ShyBoobs)
SENIOR MEMBER Hmm January 7 2010, 9:13 PM

I'm glad that I found this thread! I'm planning on purchasing the NB in a few weeks, and I noticed several people complain about the cups being really uncomfortable on the chest. I prolly will get the rings, but if they don't work well even after gluing 'em, I'll try out that tape.

kieyah
(Login kieyah)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? February 2 2010, 2:25 AM

It's not working for me. The tape doesn't stay in place. Any other suggestions for cushion?

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ribs are hurting, any suggestions? February 3 2010, 1:40 AM

If the tape is not staying in place, it's very likely that you have lotion residue on the domes. Wash them well in mild soap and dry very well. I don't leave mine out to air dry, I just dry them manually, till they are squeaky clean. Pull the tape very taut (sp?) around the outside rim of the dome, then fold it in around the inside. Also when you pull it tight, it has less give, so it will stay in place better.

NB- only one day and got sore ribs?
April 30 2008 at 4:54 PM
Pearl (Login PrincessPearl)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am dissappointed! Maybe the domes are too big, I went to use my new NB for only the 3rd time and had to stop. My ribs feel bruised where the plastic rims hit! Should the edges hit rib, or boob fat? Smile Going nowhere at the moment!

Author Reply
jenjen
(no login) Re: NB- only one day and got sore ribs? April 30 2008, 8:31 PM

Just go slow, and do what you're comfortable with. It will definitely get easier. At first I had to shift the cups around until I found a spot where they were between ribs (I'm very thin). Now I just pop them on and have no trouble.

Ann5
(Login Ann5)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: NB- only one day and got sore ribs? May 1 2008, 2:00 AM

What size cups are you using? You might be pumping too hard. That happens to me when I get too anxious while pumping. Are you using the rings?

Pearl
(Login PrincessPearl) Re: NB- only one day and got sore ribs? May 1 2008, 8:49 AM

Thank Jen Jen and Ann, You know what, I didn't get the rings, it didn't come with my kit! I think that is what I needed but now I am getting smaller domes with the rings. I should have just got the rings! Oh well it is already paid for. Guess it won't hurt to have the smaller ones at first.

ouch! help!
October 17 2009 at 4:32 PM emmiedee (Login anothertry)

bosom beauty domes are PAINFUL! i feel like they are cracking my sternum! i can only assume noogleberry would also hurt, since they are just hard plastic as well. i tried one at a time this morning (they are too wide right now for me to do both at the same time) and couldn't handle it. i should never have sold my brava domes...

what are the solutions to make it possible to wear these things for longer than 30 minutes? it doesn't hurt my boobs, just hurts my chest because of the hard plastic...

help!

Author Reply
Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: ouch! help! October 17 2009, 6:11 PM

They are painful, but you get used it it. There have been alot of solutions, one was packing foam, you know the kind that is maybe 1/16" thick and in sheets that you can wrap around plates and pictures? What I use is a kind of weather stripping, but it is not foam, that didn't work for me, this stuff I use has vinyl in it. I'm trying to think of things you might have on base.

Laying down on your back helps to get used to it. Once you get over this hump, it will get more comfortable to you.

emmiedee
(Login anothertry) anything would help October 17 2009, 6:49 PM

it was pretty unbearable... no worries about finding something on base! the internet is a glorious thing... i just need suggestions (and maybe some links if people found something online)!

i found things like those silicone baking sheets. think those would work if i glued it to the domes?? i am looking for something that is airtight for suction but will cushion it a little bit. i couldn't even turn my head without feeling like my chest bone would crack, even laying down!

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: ouch! help! October 18 2009, 11:26 AM

Many many beginners experience the same problems as you are right now. There are also those who are using the BB domes like you. You are at the point where most give up, but if you endure a little discomfort and awkwardness, I'm sure it will get better. I've been pumping for 10 months, and didn't think I could continue. I started at a B, and my C's are now getting too small in the cup. So don't give up! Even if you can only do a 1/2 hour at a time for a couple of weeks, that will get your body used to it.

The padding I'm using I get at Lowe's. Last time I went to buy it they changed the description from "vinyl" to "pvc" so I'm not sure if it would work the same, although I think they are the same thing. I bought all the old stock of vinyl they had, and haven't tried the new stuff yet. But it's pretty cheap if you wanted to try it. Here is the link http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=pr...lpage=none. I could not pump as much as I do without it, as I tried every other suggestion. Oh, and another suggestion was to line the rims with Blue Tak, that stuff you put posters up with.

--Sissy

emmiedee
(Login anothertry) thanks ladies! October 23 2009, 7:55 PM

i am going to give this stuff a try... i think they have the tacky stuff out here, and if not i will order. i was thinking of just getting a baking mat, cutting holes in it for my boobs, and glueing it to the domes! walking around with a baking mat and two plastic boobs stuck to my chest... i can see it now!

i will try your suggestions, ladies. i dont think i can just get used to it... plus i get frustrated because i get it all set, then i reach over to turn off the light and out goes the air... SO FRUSTRATING!! i sort of wish i had found some brava domes...

cant give up. wont give up!

Sissy
(Login sissy2345)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: ouch! help! October 23 2009, 9:25 PM

I swear I had the same issues. Now I can do ANYTHING in them, somehow they just become part of you and they don't fart off anymore. Emmie, back in 2006, you were one of those who's progress kept me going, so please don't give up, the noogleberry is awesome.

Ouch!
June 17 2009 at 10:52 PM StacyEllen (no login)

Noogleberry is hurting my ribs! Under my right boob (the bigger one) it feels like a bone is pushing into the bottom of the dome. (i don't know, i guess the top of my ribs/breast bone???) After I remove the dome, it feels a bit bruised. I have tried adjusting the dome so that it is over or under, but somehow it always ends up right on that spot. That is the only discomfort I have. The last few days I have done well....three times a day I put the domes on for at least 1/2 each time....my bras fill out better for a 1/2 hour or so and then it's gone. This is going to take some time!!!!

I miss Brava!

Author Reply
Rox3
(no login) Re: Ouch! June 18 2009, 12:44 PM

I have the same thing. I've been noogling 1 hour a day and it KILLS my ribs. They feel bruised and the underwire bra is starting to hurt....

waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ouch! June 18 2009, 1:39 PM

One of the women on the Noogleberry forum came up with the idea about using a yoga mat to pad the dome area. She just cut out some rings and she said it made a big difference. Another used something called blue-tac and built it up around the dome rim which acted as a pad.

I haven't used either of these methods to pad my domes. I remember feeling like you are describing at first, but after a while the body gets used to it. I think the area the domes rests on actually toughens up. Bone responds to the changes we place on it and I think eventually these bony areas develop a thicker 'skin'.

So, look up the padding ideas in the Noogleberry forum for instant relief - or just wait it out and it will resolve itself.

Best wishes,
waxingmoon

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Ouch! June 18 2009, 3:43 PM

Thanks for the suggestions waxingmoon....i was just worried that eventually I would develop a bone spir or something in response to the pressure. That would look nice, huh?

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Ouch! June 18 2009, 8:19 PM

Well, the bone spur might actually be bigger than my breasts! Maybe that would be a good thing for me - LOL!!!

Rib pain from Brava
September 10 2008 at 6:26 PM Karen (no login)

Hi ladies! I used Brava for the first night last night, got a little sleep before I had to take the domes off because my ribs were aching pretty badly. I had had them on for 11 hours at that point. Is this normal to experience this so soon? I read a post on here where someone was having rib pain after they had been using Brava for a couple of months. And here I am with rib pain the first night. I was only using the SmartBox, no extra suction. What can I do about this??

Thank you!!!

Author Reply
StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Rib pain from Brava September 10 2008, 9:44 PM

i have some rib pain every night. It feels like a heavy weight has been sitting on your chest, doesn't it? It doesn't bother me too much until I take the domes off in the morning...then I realize how soar my ribs are. I don't know the solution, but you aren't alone! I always blame my rib pain on the fact that I suck the air out and probably make my domes tighter than I really should. (I like the swelling!!!!) I am on week 6 and I still notice this feeling every morning.

livinonaprayer
(no login) Re: Rib pain from Brava September 11 2008, 2:29 PM

I always had the feeling of pressure on my chest and being uncomfortable when lying down, but I did not have real pain until after 14 weeks and developed painful bumps on my ribs. Make sure when you attach your smartbox that you are not pressing hard on the domes to make them stick. Make sure there is contact with your skin so no air can escape(especially at the sides by your ribs), but let the smartbox pull the air out for you. It might alarm after 10 minutes and you may have to try again but if you press too hard when trying to get a seal, it might make it hurt more. I found it easier to pull up the bra over the domes after I had the domes firmly in place. Also, make sure that you do not place the bottom edge of the dome lower than 1 1/2 inches from the breast crease underneath or you could get swelling under your breast too. The coach told me that if I kept placing them too low (I was because an area by my armpit hurt) that I would eventually grow "a fat pad" under my breast. To avoid this, I would take a tape measure and measure down 1 1/2" and make a small pen mark and that is were I placed the bottom edge of the dome.

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Rib pain from Brava September 11 2008, 3:58 PM

thanks for the warning about the fat pad...i don't want anymore fat pads, the ones on the sides of my thighs are quite enough!!!! I will keep that in mind because I, too, tend to put my domes lower so that they aren't in my armpit. Not only is in painful, but I get alot of numbness in my arms

Noogleberry users
May 22 2009 at 2:48 PM roakie (Login roakie)

I received mine but haven't tried it yet since I am still in the Brava stage. But, with everything said about how the domes dig into your ribs, I am wondering what type of cushioning everyone is using under the rims. I am basically all bone. I am afraid NG will be terribly uncomfortable. I have read about cut-up yoga mats under the domes but do they get sucked in?

Advice?

Author Reply
trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Noogleberry users May 22 2009, 3:18 PM

Hey Roakie, give it a try and see how it feels before worrying too much. It started to hurt me because I had all this time on my hands and was doing up to four hours a day with it. If you're doing a half hour or hour at a time to maintain swelling, you might just be fine, provided you listen to your body and only give as much suction as you can comfortably take. Many people just use them without the cushioning. When I go back to it, I'll just do shorter times and won't bother with cushioning again.

You see, it's important to learn how to get (and keep) a seal with the noogle. There's a whole learning curve and knack to it you need to get going on which will only be complicated by trying to deal with cushioning on top of it. Mat's get sucked into the domes and all sorts, and don't make a seal always... there's endless variations of how to make it harder to use. So I'd encourage you to grease the boobs up with plenty of moisturizer, and experiment and see how you go at getting a seal and some good suction. It's not like brava it takes patience and practice to get those suckers in the right place to begin with. You may feel like throwing them against the wall first go. Once you get this going on (may take a few days to be totally comfortable with it), you can start thinking about cushioning methods.

Let us know how you go! You can always give it a try for half an hour a day even though your still doing brava. Seeing as your cycle has been so long already, you might decide to change it up, do some noogling (if you love it) and come back to brava for another good long cycle!!

How can you just have them sitting there and not try 'em out?!!

Anastasia
(Login Anastasia916) Re: Noogleberry users May 22 2009, 9:23 PM

I seen on ebay that noogleberry sells rings to go on the bottom of the domes, I was going to contact them and ask why these aren't on the main site. Maybe you could also look into getting them for yours.

trigger
(Login tr1gger) Re: Noogleberry users May 22 2009, 11:13 PM

you can get them on the main site, under accessories. however many find these also make it more difficult getting a seal. It's something you can always decide on once you've got the hang of the system

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Noogleberry users May 23 2009, 3:14 AM

trigger - thanks so much for your advice.
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon