Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon
Thread Closed

Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight??

Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight??
February 27 2009 at 10:17 AM Beeper12 (Login Beeper12)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive just started Brava with my homemade airlock.

I'm definitely a bit clueless and have no prior experience with any kind of suction devices.

How do I know that I've sucked enough air out to maximize swelling? Should it be uncomfortable or really tight? Will my boobs look a certain way to indicate I've sucked enough?

Any advice would be awesome!!

Author Reply
Beeper12
(Login Beeper12) To clarify... February 27 2009, 10:43 AM

Just to add- I'm using narrow XL domes (only ones I could find on ebay!).

Edit Message Delete Message

molehills
(no login) Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? March 4 2009, 1:17 PM

bump
I have the same question!

Beeper12
(no login) Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? March 5 2009, 2:25 AM

Let's hope someone answers us soon! I just finished my first week and don't want to waste any time! Smile

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? March 5 2009, 5:48 AM

I've been using the airlock these last few weeks. I think the intent is to get the domes to seal as tightly as possible, but not so tight that the plastic rim inside the silicone seal digs into your ribs. Also, definitely don't suck the air out so tightly that the silicone rim starts to roll under and inside the domes. That will cause the rim to separate from the plastic.

Rox3
(no login) To Roakie March 5 2009, 12:15 PM

Did you get your new domes yet? How about your new Smartbox? What's the scoop - having any better luck with that and keeping them on?

molehills
(no login) Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? March 5 2009, 1:35 PM

I wish I could know what it is "supposed" to feel like when the pressure is at 30mm Hg where the smartbox maintains it...I think I'm using too much pressure by sucking air out as I'm getting hickey marks...but don't know..

Rox3
(no login) Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? March 5 2009, 3:56 PM

I'm using the smartbox and it's not uncomforable and the rings around the breasts are gone in a few hours in the AM after taking them off. It's doesn't hurt or feel tight - just snug like they're not gonna fall off if you bang into the door when they're on (and believe me, I have!)

Beeper12
(no login) No comparison March 6 2009, 2:03 AM

I agree with you Molehills, had I used the smartbox before I'd have a basis for comparison!

But since we don't, maybe suck as much air out as you can until it feels uncomfortable?

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? March 6 2009, 2:09 AM

Don't worry about what the smartbox is supposed to feel like. You can be quite sure that if you suck on the tubing and the domes are tight to your chest, that you will have created more of a vacuum than the smartbox, which is the intention of the manual airlock. You want it to be tighter because the feeling of many users is that the tighter suction produces results faster.

The only advantage to the smartbox is that it "checks" on the vacuum pressure so if there is a slow leak, it will come on. If you suck out the air initially, and then do it a few more times over the course of the evening before you go to bed, you will know that the domes are tight.

Beeper12
(no login) Test pressure? March 6 2009, 11:48 AM

Thanks Roakie! I hope you are doing well - I'm rooting for you here!! Please keep us posted of your progress!

On a related question to before - let's say I was feeling curious, is there a way to test the pressure inside the domes?

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? March 9 2009, 1:53 AM

I have no idea how to test the pressure. Even if I knew a number it would be meaningless to me! I don't understand the mechanics of it all, just that it might work!

trigger
(no login) Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? April 4 2009, 3:31 PM

hello there! another new user here. I had my first night with the brava last night, and due to having used the noogleberry for a month, my breast tissue was already loosened up, and very responsive to swelling. As a result, after one use, I can see that the wide/medium domes are already too small. luckily, I got the large/wides as well! I wasn't entirely sure what 'rolling under' means. When I use my noogle pump to suck the air out (this thing is excellent!!! saves the old lippies, as well as fitting nicely in the little smartbox pocket!), the domes don't exactly roll under but they certainly do compress quite heavily and are nowhere near as flared as initiallly. I hope I am not ruining them already, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Does 'rolling under' mean the silicone gets sucked right in, to the point of loosing contact with the skin? Or is it possible that I'm getting too much pressure? After using the noogle, I'm fully accustomed to suction, and this felt like NOTHING to me! However, when I took them off in the morning after less than 8 hours of wear (as per the instructions when beginning), my breasts were swollen and hard, so it's clearly working...

Let me know if you've any good description of the 'rolling under' effect, and how much the silicone compresses with the suction you're using.

And BTW, if anyone here is interested, my brand new whole set of medium/wide domes (worn once), sportbox (never used, still in packaging) and bits and pieces such as filters etc are for sale now, as I think I'm just going to use my domes and noogle pump and sportsbra (XL). I'll put them up on ebay unless someone would like them here.

cheers, Trigger

elusia
(Login elusia)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? April 5 2009, 7:50 PM

Trigger,

welcome to the brava club! It seems you're doing great already - it's fantastic news when the domes get too small (I can't wait to get there...). Brava is much more gentle than Noogleberry, but then again, you wear it much longer time. If you don't know how it feels when the rims "roll in" I don't think it has happened. When it happens you KNOW! I try to get as much pressure as I can, as long as 1) the rims don't start do dig in / roll in or, 2)It starts to hurt or, how it is now, 3) if I have a rash or bruises from previous sessions when I have to take it very easy and basically only get the pressure that will keep the domes on. I don't use the bra, the domes stay on just fine with pressure on. Of course, the times that I could manage a higher pressure, I got bigger swelling (but ususally also a lot more bruising / rash...)

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress!

molehills
(no login) Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? April 5 2009, 10:07 PM

The sticky part of the rims will continue to adhere to the skin even when they roll inward, but the skin is getting pulled inwards and so the rims do as well. Basically I think you don't want the rims to compress and draw inward so much that they make a sharp angle where they connect with the outer edge of the dome...if you know what I mean. This stresses their attachment to the dome too much. The surface of the outside of the silicone should always bulge out a little from the dome edge or at least go straight down on the outside, not inwards. I find that once I increase the suction with airlock they can start to roll under especially near my armpits/sides. I release a little pressure (clamping tube between my teeth) then reflare around the top, then suck out some more air, then cork it. Sometimes have to do this a couple times before it's good.

I have wondered whether it would be a good idea to buy an NB pump with the pressure gauge attached (or something similar from a lab supplier) so I could get a feel for exactly what the recommended 30mm Hg pressure feels like...

trigger
(no login) Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? April 6 2009, 7:02 PM

thanks ladies! very helpful. I love using this noogle pump with the domes. They're in full suction within moments (just a few pumps), which I imagine is easier than sucking. That's a good thought about getting the one with the gauge. For the time being this is great though, as I'm going for as strong a suction as I can without damaging the domes.

BTW - came out (last night was night 3) with a heinous rash!! Red angry raised bumps, the likes of which I'd never seen! I'm assuming it's a silicone reaction like many of you girls had in the beginning. Hopefully it's not going to mean I have to stop. I took the domes of in the middle of the night, when it was unbearable (which is when I discovered the full-blown severity of it), and slathered on some cortaid. This morning I doused myself in fresh aloe, from a plant I have, followed by cortaid, followed by 40%zinc cream. Then I applied some nexcare tegaderm patches, and got the suckers back on. It's feeling fine now. I think the rash should heal up nicely under the patches. I wasn't sure if it was the silicone or the wipes though. The wipes sting (even though they're no-sting!) over the rashy part, so I wondered if that was a problem. Anyone have this?

Anyway, thanks very much for all the info on this forum, which is where I got all the tips for my rash of course! I wouldn't have know what to do if it wasn't for the wonderful advice here.

BTW, I'm pretty sure I only managed to fill the mediums in two nights due to a months worth of hard-core noogling. It really loosened up my tight breast tissue, and got the whole swelling thing happening already. I'm starting with small A's (31"under 34"over). I found the noogle to be an inexpensive way to try suction, see if I felt it would work for me, and also see if I felt I would have the commitment for brava. Also, after using those hard plastic domes for a month, the brava domes feel like heaven - apart from the hideous rash!

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? April 7 2009, 2:05 AM

Trigger - I hope you can help me. You mentioned that you are using the noogleberry pump with the brava tubin to pump and create an airlock. Well, I just ordered the noogleberry pump and the tubing from Brava doesn't fit over the end of the pump. I also have an additional problem. This weekend I went out of town, and the little attachment that fits on the smartbox filter to attach the tubing got lost!!!! Now, I can't use the smartbox since I lost that little attachment. Is the little piece what you use to attach the tubing to the noogleberry pump? Is there any substitute?

roakie
(Login roakie)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? April 7 2009, 1:55 PM

Actually, I had success last night. I was able to fit the end of the tubing over the pump end after the tubing warmed up.

What a huge difference!!! I got more swelling in a few pumps with the noogleberry than I have had with 22 weeks of smartbox and manual suction. It is so easy, it didn't hurt at all, and I am thrilled.

Noogleberry pump from now on!

trigger
(no login) Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? April 7 2009, 6:30 PM

ha! you answered the question before I got there. That's right. Run it under a bit of hot water and voila!

Yes, this thing rocks. Pop the domes on, pump away, and she's right for the night!

The only thing I'm trying to avoid is ruining these domes. I can hardly feel the suction after using the noogle for a month, so its hard not to want to push the limit. But the swelling after having the brava domes on for a good length really sticks around much longer than what you can get from a couple of hours a day of noogle. But of course that changes the longer you've been doing it too. Another good idea is that when you feel the swelling retreating from your brava wear, a quick pump up with the noogleberry brings it right back up to speed. This I only thought of, because I think it's the swelling that sets up permanent growth, so the more they're swollen, the better. Both devices work for this. The beauty of the brava is that A. you can walk around in it better, and B. you can sleep in it, both of which extend wear time and as a result swelling.

StacyEllen
(no login) Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? April 9 2009, 6:35 PM

If you suck out the air until your boobs are purple, then that is too much suction Smile

trigger
(no login) Re: Brava with Airlock: How tight is TOO tight?? April 9 2009, 6:58 PM

haha!! This reminds me of last night when I came down to the bathroom to take of the domes, and they were this very rosy hue (similar to the darker pink on this page), and I thought to myself, gee! my little titties must be practically glowing pink! Then when I took the domes off, and they were still pink, I realized they were picking the color up from my deco era muted pink bathroom sink... Boobs were fine...
Thread Closed

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon