Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

For those who can't get their BO to start or work...

Thanks MelBig Grin

I actually have been doing a lot of reading on dr rinds temp. site. I have so many of the symptoms mainly leaning towards the adrenal fatigue but I also have a few symptoms of the low thyroid. I'm really tempted to try adrenal glandular but because I have high stress hormones it concerns me that adding raw adrenal glandular will only make them higher.:s

On the BB website it says optimal temp. is 98.2 to 98.6. Does anybody have any idea if that's basal body temp or just regular body temp? This issue confuses me so badly! On every website I get on related to basal body temp it says that pre-ovulation temperatures usually run in the low 97 degree range. This would mean my temps are normal for the point I am at in my cycle. So does BB require a higher than average basal body temp?Huh

How do you guys take your temperature??? What kind of thermometer???
I need all the advice I can get.

Marie

That's a really good question that I don't think has been addressed on here before. When I first came on nbe, I went by normal body temp and was concerned that mine was running low. I became even more concerned when that low really took a nose dive, that's when I found out about the meds I was on shutting down the adrenals. My original so called low temp averaged about 97.7 but the week before my period would bounce up to 98.2 and 98.5, so that is why the bo had worked for me even when I thought my temp was low. I just didn't realize this because I was so caught up in the why my temp low thing.

When it really dropped I was in the 96 range for normal temp, which even with the premenstrual bounce I couldn't have hit the right numbers. I began doing the basal temp and found it be staying at about 97.1 to 97.2 before treatment, still couldn't hit the mark premenstraul with those numbers though.

Now after taking the raw adrenal and doing things the way dr. rind says to do, I always go with basal body temp. My average basal stays at about 97.8 to 98.3 depending on the time of day now and what I've been doing and when I have my premenstraul bounce it runs about 98.8 to 99.

I figure as long as your basal temp is in the right areas and especially when it's that all important growing time of the month, then it's good to go or at least has been for me.

Another thing that let me see that the basal was the way to go, was weighing myself. during the month, I can weigh myself at night before bed and the next morning be one pound lighter. the week before my period, I can eat whatever I want and weigh myself before bed and wake up 2 pounds lighter, meaning that while my basal temp is high, my metabolism is high also. If it's high enough for my metabolism to be in hyperdrive, then it's high enough for the
BO to work as well. Just my theory though.

Mel

I know I've read this before but users of BO grow the week before their period? This would make sense because this is when the breasts swell and if you use BO the swelling/growth is permanent.

I was one of those odd women that never had any pre period swelling or tenderness. I always wondered if that was part of the reason I never developed. I didn't even know what breast tenderness was until I gave birth!

I used to have breast tenderness all times of month. All through my teen years in fact but my breasts never grew. A few days before my period my breasts are always a little bigger but not really sore.

What time of the month should we be starting BO? I know there probably isn't a concrete answer but I just want to make sure I do everything I can to give this the best shot at working.

Marie

I always suggest at the beginning of your cycle, just to increase the chances of being able to get your first growth spurt during the first month you are taking them, but it's not for sure, just my thoughts. I started mine mid cycle and didn't see growth until my second period while taking it, but then again, it might still take until then to see anything regardless. LOL. It's not a science yet and everyone works differently.

Mel

Great thread idea!

Anyways,

When do you guys take your BO?

I've just started taking UB this month and so far I've just been taking it an hour after I eat breakfast. Then the next two pills differ depending on when I get home. But, there's usually a 5-6hour gap between them. Is that fine?

Also, when you're ON your period, is your temp. suppose to be lower than normal? I've been taking L-tyrosine every morning and I'm on my period right now and just took my temp. which is at 97.5 which is lower than normal. Or is it just because my thyroid is starting to get overworked from the BO? Should I ramp up my L-tyrosine intake, I take 500mg a day in the morning.

Furthermore, would adding pituitary to my regimen be fine? I'm on UB right now and I wanted to take some pituitary, but I'm not sure if this is ok.

I also wanted to add like one capsule of generic BO (maybe 250mg) while on UB. I read somewhere that we should be getting at least 1800mg of BO a day. But, with UB I only get a total of 1620mg a day.

AH, this post was longer than I anticipated. But I appreciate all of your guys' response. Blush

Thanks!!!

From everything I've read and come across, your temp before you ovulate, which would also include the days of your period, averages in the low 97 degree range. This would be you basal body temp. which you are only supposed to take in the morning. After you ovulate the progesterone in your body rises making basal body temp also rise.

During the day I take my temp. with a regular thermometer and I am always in the 98 degree range. It took me a while to figure this out and if I am wrong I hope someone corrects me:s

You should see a temp drop the day you begin your period. It should remain like that until you ovulate, at which time you should begin to see a gradual rise in temp.

The most important thing is that once you have that temp rise after ovulation that you begin seeing 98.2 or higher. The higher the better especially during that last week before your period when most women have a growth spurt while taking BO.

If your temp is at it's optimal rate, you should be running at the high end of the spectrum and seeing at least 98. to 98.2 even during your low points, supposedly, but when you factor in different body types and different hormone fluctuations for a lot of women It can run a bit lower and still be working.

Seeing the high 97's during your period can be okay as long as you get enough of a temp bounce to get you where you need to be later. Keep in mind the average temp jump is .4, though for some women it can be higher. So once you can figure out what your average temp increase is, you can gage better, what lows need to be your base line of keeping it above that

The biggest thing to remember is that if your metabolism needs to be at 98.6 to work perfectly, then it stands to reason so do other things that are based around temp. Yes, if your temp is below that number, your metabolism still works, but it works less. Anything below 98.2 affects the enzymatic processes of the body. With every degree below 98.2 it's said you loose about 20% of your metabolism function, so I would assume the same goes for the conversions the thyroid needs to be making.

So in a nutshell, yes, some women can see a temp of 97.7 or so during certain cycles and still get BO to work, but if it's possible to get it up higher, then do so. It's always better to have your body working at it's best, then settling for "working okay", for way more reasons than just getting our BO to work.

Mel

Man, I'd like to get a poll of how many of us actually have low blood temps, and one of girls whose breasts grew normally and their temps. I've always had low temps, but i didn't realize it wasn't normal or that they were so low until i wanted to take BO. I went and got some some time ago and a thermometer and I hadn't started because it was hard to get up. I'll try the adrenal things i guess. I have had to have my thyroid checked before and it always came back normal. but I wonder if working on temp isn't something everyone working on NBE shouldn't be doing. Also, I had tried to take cayenne, but it hurt my stomach, is there anyway to counter that?

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon