Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

[archive] Has anyone had implants at Bupa?

Has anyone had implants at Bupa?
September 11 2007 at 12:19 PM Danielle  (Login Danielle_B)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

Im new too all this!!

I chose this forum as everyone seems so friendly on here.

I was wondering if anyone has had implants at bupa. Ive been for a nurse consultation and Im seeing the consultant/surgeon this Saturday, if all is well im penciled in the Friday 5th October for the BIG op!

I look forward to hearing from you... Danielle

Author Reply
Kaz
(no login) Re: Has anyone had implants at Bupa? September 12 2007, 6:57 PM 

A friend of mine had implants done at Bupa last year. They are expensive but they are good. They wouldn't let her go too big, so I don't think they are the people to go to if you know what you want and don't want advice. So long as you don't mind the expense of Bupa, I think it's a good choice.

Edit Message  Delete Message   

Danielle
(no login) Re: Has anyone had implants at Bupa? September 12 2007, 8:48 PM 

Hi Kaz

Thanks... I dont want to go too big, I only want a D cup which is plenty more that I've got at the moment!! I didnt think that it was too bad a price really £4100 this includes 2 nights stay.
(As I have two young daughters, 2 nights is probably best)

What part of the country did she have her op. Im in the south east?

Kaz
(no login) Re: Has anyone had implants at Bupa? September 13 2007, 1:29 PM 

She had the implants done at Bupa Birmingham. She said it was £4200, so yours is a bit less for some reason!

Danielle
(no login) Re: Has anyone had implants at Bupa? September 13 2007, 3:24 PM 

I think with BUPA it depends on where you have it done and what consultant does it. I know that there price ranges from £4100 to £4900. It's the same as there consultaion fees range from £80 to £150.

Getting quite excited now actually, or might just be where Im so scared!!

Cindy
(Login original.cindy) Re: Has anyone had implants at Bupa? September 14 2007, 12:52 PM 

Nobody could blame you if you were scared. All surgeries and medical procedures are scary to me!

Macrolane at Hans Place Clinic, London
January 12 2009 at 7:11 PM Leasa (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Ladies

I am considering having Macrolane injections at the Hans Place Clinic (Mike Cumins is the qualified Doctor featured on This Morning last year) and wondered if anyone else had any experiences with this clinic. All responses gratefully received.

Thanks

Leasa

Dr Ghosh - Milton Keynes/Northampton???
July 8 2007 at 5:22 PM Nickie (Login niddybyrne)

Has anyone had their breast enlargements done by Dr Ghosh in Milton Keynes or Northampton? If so please can you tell me what your views are and are you happy with the results???

New company with best aftercare offer
July 10 2007 at 9:27 PM Lynne (Login mosquitobites)

Hi there. I've been researching different companies and been to consultations. One was with a surgeon from a Bupa hospital who works for the NHS also. All he wanted to do was size me and make me choose there and then. I said I had loads of questions to ask but he wasn't interested. I came away really annoyed. He only gives 1 year aftercare. This means he will put things right if the problem that has occured was his fault. If your own body rejects the implants and you need more surgery he would want paying again.

I have now found a company that has been advertised in national newspapers and magazines and can be found at www.mybreast.org. They sincerely offer 5 years aftercare. This includes re-surgery for anything that goes wrong in the first five years regardless of the reason (e.g. your own body rejecting them is included).

I'm still in the decision making process of whether to get this done or not but I thought I must put this information here for anyone looking for someone themselves.

Are boob jobs dedectible?
July 4 2006 at 11:06 AM Linda (no login)

Okay an older friend of mine used to be a dancer and when she got her boob job she was allowed to deduct it. What is the law now? Someone told me it was different now and it wouldn't be allowed these days. Can we deduct or not? People who know the tax scene please reply, dancers need to know all the implications of boob jobs.

Author Reply
Melonie
(no login) Re: Are boob jobs dedectible? September 24 2006, 8:51 AM

... several years ago, congress passed legislation which declared 'elective surgeries' as non-deductible because they are not medically necessary and because they are for 'personal' benefit. As a result, this rendered breast implants non-deductible for dancers as well as for every other American woman. However, one dancer who went by the stage name of Chesty Love appealed this point in Tax court. She successfully made the case that large breast implants are not personally beneficial (and in fact they can have very negative effects on a girl's personal life). She successfully argued that the only reason that a dancer would want to get large breast implants would be to improve her earning power, a legitimate business reason. As a result of the IRS Letter Ruling which followed (IRS vs. Cynthia Hess) it is again possible for dancers to deduct breast implants ... provided that they are over 1000cc in size. Implants smaller than 1000cc, which are available to any housewife, are considered to not have negative personal effects and to not have major positive effects on business income, and are therefore not tax deductible.

I'm told that other deductions such as costumes, shoes, makeup, tanning, hair etc. are subject to a similar "housewife test" in order to qualify as deductible. As long as the item isn't something that your average housewife would also wear or do, it's OK to deduct it. An example would be that a revealing spandex dress and 6" heels would be deductible while a bikini and sandals would not, even though both might be worn onstage. Similarly, theatrical makeup would be deductible while WalMart eye shadow would not. I'm not sure how tanning and hair deductions would fly - probably OK if they are frequent and regular like clockwork.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon