Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Bust and Bra Size Measurement

This is the dumbest bra question ever
January 20 2007 at 8:15 AM Nikki (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is a really dumb question - but exactly where do you measure your ribcage?

Author Reply
waxingmoon
(Login waxingmoon)
SENIOR MEMBER Re: This is the dumbest bra question ever January 21 2007, 2:34 PM

The ribcage measurement is taken right underneath the lowest part of the breast. The top of the tape measure should just touch the bottom line where the breast starts to swell away from the ribcage.

Babe
(no login) Re: This is the dumbest bra question ever May 11 2008, 12:20 PM

Hi

Check out this link, it might answer your questions

http://www.barenecessities.com/fit_sizing.asp

Bust and Bra Size Measurement
March 27 2008 at 8:38 AM Louise (no login)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To work out your bra size you need to measure your underbust and bust measurements. The underbust is the circumference of the rib cage just underneath your breasts, make sure the tape measure is at the same height all the way round - most of us do it in front of a mirror. this will probably be somewhere between 25 and 34 inches. Add 4 to this to get your band size.

Then measure the bust i.e. the circumference of the chest at nipple height, again making sure the tape measure is level. The difference between the underbust (not band) and bust measurement gives your cups size: 3 inches difference = AA, 4 inhes = A, 5 inches = B, 6 inches = C etc.

If you're between sizes which most people will be then you'll need to try some on, generally you'll look better if you get the smallest band size you can squeeze into and then try a couple of cup size to see which fits. A new bra should fit snugly on the loosest hook so that as the elastic ages you can go to a tighter hook to maintain the fit.

It's important not to wear a bra with a band size that's too big as you'll get saggy! The straps should also be tight enough to give you a bit of lift - if you're small like me you may need to make a few alterations as the straps may never be short enough but obviously that's something you can judge in the shop when you try them. To look nice in just a bra or a bikini top you'll probably find getting the smallest band you can get on without showing backfat then get one cupsize smaller than usual to give cleavage. It's more flattering to look like you're falling out of a smaller bra than not filling a bigger size, but don't wear them like this all day because i's bad for the circulation.

Don't be disappointed if online bra calculating sites give you silly answers it's probably because they don't cater for such a small band size! E.g. I should be 30D but some sites have told me 32A or 34AA - I can wear a 32C or 34B and the cups are full but the band isn't tight. Remember big cup sizes on small bands are not big boobs just small backs!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon