Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Eve's Program

(05-01-2012, 04:16 PM)sfita Wrote:  Hi Eve:
I grind soy beans at home and use as soy powder, is that OK?

Yes absolutely that would be OK. Smile Although as a side note it's worth bearing in mind that your quantities will be different to mine as you are taking powdered soy and I was taking dried and powdered soy.

(06-01-2012, 12:09 PM)Eve M Wrote:  Yes absolutely that would be OK. Smile Although as a side note it's worth bearing in mind that your quantities will be different to mine as you are taking powdered soy and I was taking dried and powdered soy.

How much soy do you think sould I have?

(06-01-2012, 02:54 PM)sfita Wrote:  How much soy do you think sould I have?

Cooks usually reckon that dried and powdered herb is about 3 times the concentration of fresh herb, so that's the ratio that you need to bear in mind. I don't have any information about soy specifically, but I've seen the 3:1 ratio mentioned often enough with herbs in general so that's probably a good enough guide to go by.

Eve,

What do you think about extracts for the massage as opposed to steeping dried herbs in oil?

I would think that extracts would work just as well. Aren't extracts made by a steeping process anyway?

Hi Eve,

I see your program has worked well for you and a lot of others are trying your program which I am about to too!

I know you grew to a C, may I ask what cup size you started with?

(03-03-2012, 08:41 AM)hope Wrote:  I know you grew to a C, may I ask what cup size you started with?

I was a very loose B cup, i.e. too big for an A cup but not nearly big enough for a B cup.

I've been combing through this thread and Cselestyna's but I think I'm confused on one thing. Sorry, potentially very dumb:

Q. When drinking the teas, you said you put them in tea bags. Did you use powdered form of the herbs or the whole herbs?

ex) Fennel seed powder is an ingredient.
Fennel seed (whole but dried) is an ingredient.

Which form was put in the tea bag?

If this has been answered you can smack me. :X

I really do appreciate any answer. Thank you. >_<

(06-03-2012, 08:17 AM)Toki Wrote:  Q. When drinking the teas, you said you put them in tea bags. Did you use powdered form of the herbs or the whole herbs?

The teabags I used contained powdered herbs, which as far as I know is how herbal teabags are always made. But you could also prepare fennel tea, to use your example, by simply using the whole fennel seeds.

Hi Eve M,
I ordered the herbs from the one site you said had them. But there is no info on the labels as to how many milligrams per tsp for measuring purposes. I phoned them but they said 2 mg. per tsp. That seems odd. I would need alot of teaspoons to get the mg doses you use. So can you tell me the mg. in the fenugreek & the hops powders?
Thanks

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon