Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Herbs and Mood Swings

Hi Ladies

Has anyone experienced mood swings whilst taking herbs?

I am taking Wonderup (which contains Fenugreek, Fennel, Borage, Milk Thistle, Goat's Rue, Soy, Hops, Ginseng). For the past few days I have been feeling really really irritable (plain angry, to be honest). Now, it could be PMT, and I do suffer from anxiety and depression - so it's difficult to tell. I wondered if it was due to the low sugar level from the Fenugreek, but I'm not feeling especially hungry.

Any thoughts/experiences?

Thanks!

It could be a combination of things. Here's the list:

* A slowing thyroid could make one feel that way. The genistein in the soy could cause this. The estrogenic effect from the other phytoestrogens could cause this. This could be addressed with L-Tyrosine, Kelp, and B vitamins.

* The blood sugar lowering effect from fenugreek could cause this. Address it with hard candy in the short term. Generally adding carbs to the diet in the long term. Exercise is good too.

* Hops can have this effect - usually weepiness type stuff.

If you suffer from depression it could be gradual drop in serotonin this time of the year for those approaching winter. Address this with 5-HTP. Also address with a good diet, a good multivitamin with a B complex, and some strenuous resistance exercise. Fenugreek should not be taken with MAO inhibitors.

...the evil, arrogant, and generally stuck up Wahaika

Wahaika...please do not take what a couple of people have said to heart.....there are so many of us who appreciate you and your advice. I think the ones who made those negative comments haven't been around long and do not know the history with you and your wife's journey with NBE. So just let it slide off your shoulder ok? YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!

Laisegirl

Thank you Wahaika - that was very useful. I'll try your suggestions.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon