Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

How much PM Max for all progestin BC?

I've been on an all progestin BC for almost 4 years now and I haven't had periods because of it in years. I've read about cycling but I shouldn't have to cycle, right? Here's my current regiment daily:

- 2,400 fenugreek extract (50% saponins)

- 500 mg PM (ainterol)

- 320 mg saw palmetto

- 6,000 mg maca (geletanized capsules)

- 4,000 mg MSM

I've been doing well for about a month. Should I up the PM or could that be problematic?

(30-07-2022, 11:45 PM)Jack4Life Wrote:  

I've been on an all progestin BC for almost 4 years now and I haven't had periods because of it in years. I've read about cycling but I shouldn't have to cycle, right? Here's my current regiment daily:

- 500 mg PM (ainterol)

- 320 mg saw palmetto

- 4,000 mg MSM

I've been doing well for about a month. Should I up the PM or could that be problematic?

If you are growing well already without side effects then a month is really fast.  I’d keep at 500 mg for another cycle or two then increase it to 1000 if you want.  If you aren’t growing yet I’d give it a bit more time at 500 and if it goes well you can increase.

I don’t know what the absolute limit is and it may vary.  Some do best with none, some 500, some 1000, very rarely 1500.  All progestin BC is pretty strong and might allow more, but it also depends how healthy your hormones are, whether you naturally lean more towards estrogen or progesterone, and so on.

(31-07-2022, 06:09 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  

- 500 mg PM (ainterol)

- 320 mg saw palmetto

- 4,000 mg MSM

If you are growing well already without side effects then a month is really fast.  I’d keep at 500 mg for another cycle or two then increase it to 1000 if you want.  If you aren’t growing yet I’d give it a bit more time at 500 and if it goes well you can increase.

I don’t know what the absolute limit is and it may vary.  Some do best with none, some 500, some 1000, very rarely 1500.  All progestin BC is pretty strong and might allow more, but it also depends how healthy your hormones are, whether you naturally lean more towards estrogen or progesterone, and so on.

Okay I'll keep it at 500 for now and in a month I'll consider raising it if I'm still doing well. Thanks for the info!

(31-07-2022, 04:01 PM)Jack4Life Wrote:  

(31-07-2022, 06:09 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  

- 500 mg PM (ainterol)

- 320 mg saw palmetto

- 4,000 mg MSM

Okay I'll keep it at 500 for now and in a month I'll consider raising it if I'm still doing well. Thanks for the info!

500mg sounds like a lot, especially if you're taking 2400mg of fenugreek alongside it. I have just started out with taking around 80-100mg of PM in my follicular phase and decided to cut out using fenugreek until the luteal phase and then only use it every other day, because I don't want to fall into estrogen dominance. So far, I've had growth but still ovulated and had my cycle at the time I'm supposed to. If I understand correctly, birth control puts a lot of women at risk for estrogen dominance. Obviously, listen to your body above all else.. if you feel fine at 500mg then stay on that dose for some time. I would encourage you to decrease dosage, if you see any adverse effects.

Fenugreek is good for both estrogen and progesterone and tends to contribute to balance rather than imbalance.  And tends to be a lot milder than PM or BC.  I’d be more concerned with getting enough PM to balance out the BC and avoid a high progestin imbalance.  So at least 500 mg PM I think, maybe or maybe not more.  The fenugreek could be lowered or dropped if it causes problems but that seems unlikely.  More than 500 mg PM may or may not cause issues.  If so I’d go back down to 500.

Ya without all progestin BC 100 mg PM is a safe and very mild amount.

And as with many things some tolerate more and some tolerate less.  Those that tolerate less usually don’t grow from more either and shouldn’t push it, but others did just fine with more.  Best to take it slow, play it by ear and gradually increase to what works well without side effects.  And really the BC is the harshest thing here.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon