Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Breaking out on Shatavari??

Hi,

So I'm dabbling in NBE after several years away.  I'm just starting out with Shatavari by it's self because it's suppose to be an adaptogen and I read it can possible make your hormone receptors more sensitive (?? I might be wording that wrong).

Now, I have not broken out in a few years, I use to have some mild trouble with it (I'd always notice if I ate junk food, my skin would later have more break outs.  But for the past few years diet hasn't mattered in terms of pimples.)

Right now, while on Shatavari (it's only been maybe 2 weeks) I noticed sometime last week or so breaking out and thought it was so odd and out of nowhere because I wasn't doing anything different.

My question is: is that common with Shatavari?  Also if it is the Shatavari, what could that be a sign of (what might the shatavari be doing to cause that)?

*I did have an experience of breaking out doing NBE before (years ago), I attributed it to Saw Palmetto (I posted about it here).

It's not common because Shatavari is supposed to help with acne and is recommended for it. However, I've noticed that things that are supposed to help with acne sometimes have the opposite effect. I don't know why that is, but maybe it's just an effect of the changing hormone levels as the Shatavari balances your hormones.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon