Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Raising the ratio of PC to PM.

Hi Joe!

What's your opinion on using bio identical progesterone pills instead of PC? Or even using a combination of both? I know I've read that PC might not always absorb well, and that receptors may sometimes be overloaded/desensitized, which may decrease absorption as well. Also unrelated but what is your opinion on Goats rue? Would it be okay to use with shatavari? 

As for using a high PC to PM ratio, for about a year I was using 100mg PM to about 200mg PC (probably more, I wasn't always measuring it), as well as a combined birth control pill daily. I started out low in both estrogen and progesterone, as well as had underdeveloped breasts. My experience was that I did not experience any huge growth, however my breasts became a little more rounded and less tubular, and I experienced a considerable weight loss, which was a positive thing for me as I have always remained on the higher end of a healthy BMI. However after taking a break from my program for a few months, I gained the weight back. I'm not sure of the science behind it, but hopefully my experience can help with your research/hypotheses.

Right now I'm attempting to follow your all out program from your other thread, so if you have any advice for me I'd really appreciate it!

The progestin in combined BC is usually equivalent to a huge amount of progesterone so you wouldn’t need it with combined BC.  Yeah oral progesterone should be just as good, but requires a prescription.  Receptors aren’t related to absorption.  I think you’re mixing up 2 different myths.  Those in progesterone cream forums use high amounts all the time.  As is often prescribed orally too.  Absorption and receptor sensitivity don’t diminish.  I’m guessing maybe the myths came from abusing super high amounts of testosterone via steroids and burning out testosterone receptors.  So oral progesterone is fine but I think it’s simpler to just get PC.  Or an all progestin BC in place of PC if you need a BC.

Adding the increased PC as mentioned here and freeze dried aloe to the program is about it.  If you use PM for more days such as 21 days (50% more days) that could let you use more PC and still be within the range of past common amounts.  And still weaker than most BC.  Such as 50% more mg PC for 50% more days PM, but still 14 days PC.

Hi Joe! Thank you for replying!!

When I did take PM with only my BC and no PC, I did not have any growth and even experienced symptoms of estrogen dominance. It wasn't until I began to use PC that I noticed some positive effects. 

Also just to clarify, if I used PM and PC for the 21 days, would you advise to cycle or to just take the same amounts everyday? The dose I was taking before was mostly just to help regulate my hormone levels, but now I'm aiming for actual growth.

You can use PM and PC on the same 21 days as the BC.  Balanced hormones and growth should be the same goals.  Try to find the best balance while increasing both.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon