Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

What's the correct way to measure?

This is the most basic part of NBE but still I want to ask, what's the correct way to do it? I've always pulled the measuring tape right at nipple height, across the shoulder blades since that's how the method is described in online bra fitting guides. In September I went to a specialized store to get a bra fitting and there they used the tape pretty loosely, it was loose below my shoulder blades.

After that I made sure to emulate the way they measured me and the size apparently seemed smaller after that (I used to measure 80cm when pulling the tape across my shoulder blades and then it showed 77cm when it was loose.) I started NBE while I was measuring loosely but the last 3 days I started pulling the tape right across again.

So what's the right way to do it? Should I measure snugly or loosely?

(08-11-2021, 07:11 AM)IrisHeart Wrote:  

This is the most basic part of NBE but still I want to ask, what's the correct way to do it? I've always pulled the measuring tape right at nipple height, across the shoulder blades since that's how the method is described in online bra fitting guides. In September I went to a specialized store to get a bra fitting and there they used the tape pretty loosely, it was loose below my shoulder blades.

After that I made sure to emulate the way they measured me and the size apparently seemed smaller after that (I used to measure 80cm when pulling the tape across my shoulder blades and then it showed 77cm when it was loose.) I started NBE while I was measuring loosely but the last 3 days I started pulling the tape right across again.

You should measure snugly at overbust(over nipples) and snugly at underbust, measuring loosely will give you a deluded idea and not a real bust cup size equivalent, hope this helps xx

(08-11-2021, 11:10 AM)Bustyprincess Wrote:  

You should measure snugly at overbust(over nipples) and snugly at underbust, measuring loosely will give you a deluded idea and not a real bust cup size equivalent, hope this helps xx

Thank you princess! I just measured myself the way you explained and my bust is 79cm/underbust is 67cm. It feels right to me and I'll continue doing it this way.

At the risk of splitting hairs can I ask you to shed some light on a few other details about measuring? As in, should I hold my breath or exhale fully, stand up and straight while doing it etc?

(08-11-2021, 12:57 PM)IrisHeart Wrote:  

Thank you princess! I just measured myself the way you explained and my bust is 79cm/underbust is 67cm. It feels right to me and I'll continue doing it this way.

At the risk of splitting hairs can I ask you to shed some light on a few other details about measuring? As in, should I hold my breath or exhale fully, stand up and straight while doing it etc?

Stand up straight posture right shoulders back etc you dont want to take a deep breath and hold as this will expand your chest, you just want to be breathing normally if that makes sense  Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin"> you want to also make sure the measuring tape is on equal level all the way around, measuring over the nipples

(08-11-2021, 01:05 PM)Bustyprincess Wrote:  

(08-11-2021, 12:57 PM)IrisHeart Wrote:  

Stand up straight posture right shoulders back etc you dont want to take a deep breath and hold as this will expand your chest, you just want to be breathing normally if that makes sense  Big Grin" alt="Big Grin" title="Big Grin"> you want to also make sure the measuring tape is on equal level all the way around, measuring over the nipples

Just measured again like this and my bust is actually 80cm! Thank you for the pointers C:

I always like to refer to this online calculator & guide, it's super helpful in figuring out where to start: https://abrathatfits.org/calculator.php

(19-11-2021, 06:36 PM)AngelicBeauty Wrote:  

I always like to refer to this online calculator & guide, it's super helpful in figuring out where to start: https://abrathatfits.org/calculator.php

Yeees I love it!! I used it once before and it basically predicted how big the bra that best fits me now is haha. I just measured and it showed 28DD/DDD which is bigger than last time!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon