Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

THE LOTUS WAY

(30-10-2021, 02:33 AM)Lotus Wrote:  @ bustprincess, Depression is linked to systemic inflammation. I wouldn't get hung up on whether depression is called a disease, illness or disorder...most diseases start as systemic inflammation. 

Implications of Systemic Inflammation and Periodontitis for Major Depression

Increasing evidence suggests that infection and persistent low-grade inflammation in peripheral tissues are important pathogenic factors that explain a possible pathophysiological mechanism of major depression. Systemic inflammation could induce depressive moods and behavioral changes by provoking neuroinflammation.
https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10....00483/full

Have you ever wondered what causes clinical depression? Perhaps you have been diagnosed with major depression, and that's made you question why some people get depressed but others don't. 

Depression is a complex disease. No one knows exactly what causes it, but it can happen for a variety of reasons. Some people have depression during a serious medical illness. Others may have depression with life changes such as a move or the death of a loved one. Still others have a family history of depression. Those who do may have depression and feel overwhelmed with sadness and loneliness for no known reason 

https://www.webmd.com/depression/guide/c...depression

Depression: the radical theory linking it to inflammation

Alison Abbott considers a persuasive case for the link between body and mind.

A range of research showed that proteins in the body could reach the brain. These included inflammatory proteins called cytokines that were churned out in times of infection by immune cells called macrophages. Bullmore pulls together evidence that this echo of inflammation in the brain can be linked to depression.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-018-05261-3

Five Things to Know About Inflammation and Depression:
Another pivotal point is that increased inflammation not only occurs in depression but also in multiple other psychiatric diseases including ...
https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/view/fi...depression

Nice articles Lotus!!
I've read about cytokines before, even though excersice is another alternative treatment for depression in excess leads to increased cytokines levels which can worsen depression levels but I didn't knew it was because it could cause inflamation on the brain. I thought they were anti-inflamatory...
Is always great to learn new things, thanks!!

You're welcome,

Remember stress can increase cortisol levels, and too much cortisol wrecks metabolisms...meaning increased weight, poor sleep, systemic inflammation and more. Additionally stress can also alter menstruation and bring about depression. 

Also, I'm curious how the covid vaccine is altering menstrual cycles…(e.g. heavy flow, longer periods, sore breasts, [which is an indication of too much estradiol] etc.)
Analysis of sex hormones and menstruation in COVID-19 women of child-bearing age

Kezhen Li et al. Reprod Biomed Online. 2021 Jan.

Free PMC article

Abstract

Research question: Does SARS-CoV-2 infection have an effect on ovarian reserve, sex hormones and menstruation of women of child-bearing age?

Design: This is a retrospective, cross-sectional study in which clinical and laboratory data from 237 women of child-bearing age diagnosed with COVID-19 were retrospectively reviewed. Menstrual data from 177 patients were analysed. Blood samples from the early follicular phase were tested for sex hormones and anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH).

Results: Among 237 patients with confirmed COVID-19, severely ill patients had more comorbidities than mildly ill patients (34% versus 8%), particularly for patients with diabetes, hepatic disease and malignant tumours. Of 177 patients with menstrual records, 45 (25%) patients presented with menstrual volume changes, and 50 (28%) patients had menstrual cycle changes, mainly a decreased volume (20%) and a prolonged cycle (19%). The average sex hormone and AMH concentrations of women of child-bearing age with COVID-19 were not different from those of age-matched controls.

(31-10-2021, 06:32 AM)Lotus Wrote:  You're welcome,

Remember stress can increase cortisol levels, and too much cortisol wrecks metabolisms...meaning increased weight, poor sleep, systemic inflammation and more. Additionally stress can also alter menstruation and bring about depression. 

Also, I'm curious how the covid vaccine is altering menstrual cycles…(e.g. heavy flow, longer periods, sore breasts, [which is an indication of too much estradiol] etc.)
Analysis of sex hormones and menstruation in COVID-19 women of child-bearing age

Free PMC article

Abstract

Research question: Does SARS-CoV-2 infection have an effect on ovarian reserve, sex hormones and menstruation of women of child-bearing age?

Design: This is a retrospective, cross-sectional study in which clinical and laboratory data from 237 women of child-bearing age diagnosed with COVID-19 were retrospectively reviewed. Menstrual data from 177 patients were analysed. Blood samples from the early follicular phase were tested for sex hormones and anti-Müllerian hormone (AMH).

Results: Among 237 patients with confirmed COVID-19, severely ill patients had more comorbidities than mildly ill patients (34% versus 8%), particularly for patients with diabetes, hepatic disease and malignant tumours. Of 177 patients with menstrual records, 45 (25%) patients presented with menstrual volume changes, and 50 (28%) patients had menstrual cycle changes, mainly a decreased volume (20%) and a prolonged cycle (19%). The average sex hormone and AMH concentrations of women of child-bearing age with COVID-19 were not different from those of age-matched controls.

You're awfully right about the stress thing.... hate to admit it but I've beeen hella stressed this week... thanks SNS I guess I'll have to make a dopamine fasting this week... and start with meditation

I was wondering the same about the vaccine and menstrual cycle since I recived my second dose and I was in my period, but truth to be told i haven't experience significant changes... maybe a little increase in volume... but it could be due better nutition... my period has always been super irregular and tends to look more like spotting than period, specially when in diet sometimes even leads to amenhorrea... but yeah basicaly very light period quite long (about a week or so... 10 days is my max) very short cycle (2weeks) or overextended cycle (more than 35 days) this time my cycle was 17 days (I hate it when is such a short cycle)

Anxiety for my vacation made me realize I can save up much time, so this month I'll be focusing on Gut Rehab, Liver Cleanse and Hormone Balance.

I'll be taking:

•Milk Thistle, and Dandelion for Liver.Ajenjo tea.

•30g Collagen a day. Clean Keto No diary products, processed meat, No carbs. 18/6 fasting.

•Nature's Answer Female Complex. For hormonal balance.

Still taking Cold Showers, doing abs workout daily, Massage with Aloe and Olive Oil and Yoga twice a Week

(31-10-2021, 06:32 AM)Lotus Wrote:  You're welcome,

Free PMC article

Abstract

Lotus, how are you dear? I read on Breastnexum you are having surgery??

Lots of hugs!! xx

-FIT IN 30 DAYS-

Aiming for a sixpack, 18% body fat or 0.7 Waist/Hip Ratio

ABS WORKOUT ROUTINE: (Sample)

*Performing one of each one for 1 minute or until reaching muscle fatigue (15 min aprox time.)

Upper Abs:

Head Up Holds
Sky Touches
Toe Touches
Arm Up Hold *laying just raise one arm until your shouldrblade gets off the ground and hold that position.

Middle Abs:

Boat (Yoga Pose)
Busters
Half taps 

Lower abs:

Hip thrusts
Slow hip raises (stopping in the middle, and holding that position)
Flutter kicks

Obliques:

Mountain hip dips
Single sided slow carry
Star Fish Crunches

Extras:
Plank
Ab Wheel Rollouts
Spider Plank 
Side Bridge Twists

Even though the 'sixpack' is one big muscle (rectus abdominis), there are plenty excersice variant that focuses in certain regions said Upper, Middle, Lower and Obliques.

Each of these regions are designed to perform the following: Estatic Stabilization, Dynamic Stabilization and Unilateral Dynamic Stabilization.

Meaning 3 different types of excersise for each region, a total of 12. But as I wrote before, being a sole muscle we should find something that engages all of it, for that I'll be adding 4 plank variants too. Estatic, Dynamic and Unilateral Dynamic, Unilateral Estatic.

Abdominal muscles are composed by Type I Mucle Fibers (fatigue resistant, low hypertrophy potental ,full of mytocondria) hence training them daily won't lead to muscle atrophia. 

(As I'm staring to wear a corset is utterly important to train the core)

I'll be back in a month to update my results, and see if there was a significant improvement or not

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon