Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

GOTTT my hormone result !!!

(25-03-2021, 02:05 AM)cikto Wrote:  

(22-03-2021, 10:47 AM)pumpitup2021 Wrote:  

(22-03-2021, 06:06 AM)cikto Wrote:  What are the units for the prolactin? In my region the reference range is very different. The level of the prolactin determines what the possible causes are. Pregnancy causes milder elevations, as do certain medications. If it is higher than that range, it could be caused by the pituitary gland as mentioned above. Possibly it was a milder elevation and that's why the doctor said that it might be caused by other factors, but it would be difficult to say without knowing the units.

hello,

the unit is mU/L

the suggested range on the report is 102~496 but mine is 888

also my TSH is 4.06 and the range is 0.27~4.2 which i am so close to the maximum level. should i be concerned too?

That's a mild elevation of the prolactin. Are you on any medications that could cause it? Some of the common ones are anti-nausea medications and psychiatric medications, also motility agents.

Did they check an hCG?

It's possible you have some mild underactive thyroid because of the TSH. Interestingly, underactive thyroid can cause elevated prolactin levels. You could see an endocrinologist, they might do more thyroid testing. Do you have any symptoms of underactive thyroid like weight gain, fatigue, feeling cold?

Not sure about the estrogen level.

Do not know if breast massage can cause increased prolactin.

tbn i did suspect that i have thyroid problem and i went for a check up but the doctor's report said i am normal but without any range reference. also the blood test above said i am in normal ranfe as well.

however i do have fatigue problem but no feeling cold and weight gain. 

i strong suspect its my thyroid cause this prolactin problem. and i did some research in chinese website that unhealth kidney cause the prolactin to rise too. and i have been told by chinese doctor my kindney is not so good. 

(25-03-2021, 09:30 PM)pumpitup2021 Wrote:  

(25-03-2021, 02:05 AM)cikto Wrote:  

(22-03-2021, 10:47 AM)pumpitup2021 Wrote:  

(22-03-2021, 06:06 AM)cikto Wrote:  What are the units for the prolactin? In my region the reference range is very different. The level of the prolactin determines what the possible causes are. Pregnancy causes milder elevations, as do certain medications. If it is higher than that range, it could be caused by the pituitary gland as mentioned above. Possibly it was a milder elevation and that's why the doctor said that it might be caused by other factors, but it would be difficult to say without knowing the units.

hello,

the unit is mU/L

the suggested range on the report is 102~496 but mine is 888

also my TSH is 4.06 and the range is 0.27~4.2 which i am so close to the maximum level. should i be concerned too?

That's a mild elevation of the prolactin. Are you on any medications that could cause it? Some of the common ones are anti-nausea medications and psychiatric medications, also motility agents.

Did they check an hCG?

It's possible you have some mild underactive thyroid because of the TSH. Interestingly, underactive thyroid can cause elevated prolactin levels. You could see an endocrinologist, they might do more thyroid testing. Do you have any symptoms of underactive thyroid like weight gain, fatigue, feeling cold?

Not sure about the estrogen level.

Do not know if breast massage can cause increased prolactin.

tbn i did suspect that i have thyroid problem and i went for a check up but the doctor's report said i am normal but without any range reference. also the blood test above said i am in normal ranfe as well.

however i do have fatigue problem but no feeling cold and weight gain. 

i strong suspect its my thyroid cause this prolactin problem. and i did some research in chinese website that unhealth kidney cause the prolactin to rise too. and i have been told by chinese doctor my kindney is not so good. 

I would see an endocrinologist. I don't know if they still do it, but I know it used to be that they could check thyroid antibodies to determine risk of progression, and help to decide if it should be treated. Also some people might feel much better with a TSH < 2, so the doctor could do a trial of thyroid hormone and then see if you feel better with it.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon