Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

PCOS and NBE

@Lotus and @Bustyprincess

Thank you both so much for the information, I really appreciate it! The stress of wanting to increase my boobies + stress of having PCOS is so burdensome sigh, I appreciate the fact I have such knowledgeable ladies to help me out!

Also @Lotus: I was referred to an OBGYN, I asked her for metformin but she was incredibly dismissive and told me that metformin's just for "losing weight" and "getting diarrhea" (not true), and just tried to shove birth control at me. We got into a heated argument LOL so then I just came back from an appt. with an endocrinologist who is going to test my insulin. It's been a nearly 3 month journey trying to find out how to treat my PCOS it's so tiring, I'm sure if this was as popular as erectile dysfunction it would get more attention sigh.

(23-02-2021, 11:32 PM)jaykay Wrote:  

Thank you both so much for the information, I really appreciate it! The stress of wanting to increase my boobies + stress of having PCOS is so burdensome sigh, I appreciate the fact I have such knowledgeable ladies to help me out!

Also @Lotus: I was referred to an OBGYN, I asked her for metformin but she was incredibly dismissive and told me that metformin's just for "losing weight" and "getting diarrhea" (not true), and just tried to shove birth control at me. We got into a heated argument LOL so then I just came back from an appt. with an endocrinologist who is going to test my insulin. It's been a nearly 3 month journey trying to find out how to treat my PCOS it's so tiring, I'm sure if this was as popular as erectile dysfunction it would get more attention sigh.

Nws Jaykay!

Honestly I understand your hesitance to taking birth control if you can help it its always best to take bio identical estrogen/progesterone synthetic hormones are terrible for you and yield far less satisfactory results infact they can really wreak havoc on your body thats why I made the switch all those years ago to bio instructed by my endo that its better for you and yields better results than cr***y synthetic pills, gels and patches and found a huge improvement in everything. Try see if you can get yourself some bio hormones see what the endocrinologist says they usually prefer it over straight synthetic birth control. Goodluck doll and again dont be scared to take spiro I had many many years experience with it no side effects great option x

(23-02-2021, 11:32 PM)jaykay Wrote:  

Thank you both so much for the information, I really appreciate it! 

You're welcome. 

(11-07-2020, 01:10 AM)Lotus Wrote:  The 4 types of PCOS as follows:

Insulin resistant PCOS
Post-pill PCOS
Inflammatory PCOS
Adrenal PCOS

which one are you?

(23-02-2021, 11:32 PM)jaykay Wrote:  The stress of wanting to increase my boobies + stress of having PCOS is so burdensome sigh, I appreciate the fact I have such knowledgeable ladies to help me out!

Chronic stress makes PCOS worse, metformin acts an antidepressant (as seen in this study):

Metformin ameliorates stress-induced depression-like behaviors via enhancing the expression of BDNF by activating AMPK/CREB-mediated histone acetylation
Our findings suggest that metformin can produce antidepressant effects, which provides empirical insights into the clinical value of metformin in the prevention and therapy of depression.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0165032719312728

When insulin spikes (or high in general) releases higher levels of testosterone,  thus this causes hyperandrogenism (as seen in this attached study).

Metformin use in women with polycystic ovary syndrome 
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4200666/

(23-02-2021, 11:32 PM)jaykay Wrote:  Also @Lotus: I was referred to an OBGYN, I asked her for metformin but she was incredibly dismissive and told me that metformin's just for "losing weight" and "getting diarrhea" (not true), and just tried to shove birth control at me. 

That's too bad she feels that way. You've heard the expression " let's treat the symptom not the cause ". Perhaps it should treat the chronic stress, depression, insulin resistance and hyperandrogenism (which are tied together), and retest hormone levels. The mechanism by which metformin slows the aging process can be in other products: e.g. Resveratrol, Berberine and many others activate AMPK (activated protein kinase) which influences longevity.

(23-02-2021, 11:32 PM)jaykay Wrote:  We got into a heated argument LOL so then I just came back from an appt. with an endocrinologist who is going to test my insulin. It's been a nearly 3 month journey trying to find out how to treat my PCOS it's so tiring, I'm sure if this was as popular as erectile dysfunction it would get more attention sigh.

Good for you for finding another doctor. Lol @ ED...there's competent health care givers out there you just have to find them. 

Girl, I feel you!

Just know you aren't alone <3 !!!

I also have PCOS (no blood tests were done, just an ultrasound of my ovaries) and have read several other posts about bio identical hormones but how do you get them? They all seem to be prescription at least here in the US and i don't know that asking for them because i want larger boobs will be enough reason for my doctor to prescribe them as she won't even give me a referral to get my hormones tested because "there is no need."

not to hijack the thread but i think if anyone has any knowledge it will be good for everyone with PCOS reading this thread with a less than helpful doctor like the OP seems to have as well.

(24-02-2021, 08:17 PM)Nynuk Wrote:  

I also have PCOS (no blood tests were done, just an ultrasound of my ovaries) and have read several other posts about bio identical hormones but how do you get them? They all seem to be prescription at least here in the US and i don't know that asking for them because i want larger boobs will be enough reason for my doctor to prescribe them as she won't even give me a referral to get my hormones tested because "there is no need."

not to hijack the thread but i think if anyone has any knowledge it will be good for everyone with PCOS reading this thread with a less than helpful doctor like the OP seems to have as well.

Yes they are prescription only the proper bio stuff anyways, you definitely wont get it by asking for it for bigger boobs lol you should be able to get it just by having pcos as an alternative to synthetic birth control, now bio progesterone on the other hand thats completely up to your hormone test results. I am and have been on both bio estrogen and bio progesterone since I can remember but mine is medical reasons not because I wanted bigger boobs lol but pcos is also medical so again ask your endocrinologist, first step contact your gp ask for a referral to an endo for your pcos

(24-02-2021, 08:17 PM)Nynuk Wrote:  

I really hate how doctors are dismissive about PCOS. Women with PCOS are more statistically likely to have diabetes, develop gestational diabetes, and ovarian cancer. Also if you suffer from amenorrhea (not from bcp) because of PCOS, it increases your chances of developing endometrial cancer. I haven't had my period since November ever since I stopped bcp and it's freaking me out. I've learned a lot about PCOS from this subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/PCOS/ I urge you to be firm with your doctor about getting at least a testosterone test (since people with PCOS are more likely to have elevated testosterone). Also, I don't know if you ever want to conceive but most women with PCOS are infertile because the cysts affect their ovulation. I feel like the only time doctors are even remotely interested with treating women with PCOS is when they want to conceive, which is ridiculous but if you can't see another doctor for some reason and absolutely need to stick with this one tell them you want to have a child soon. I bet you're probably not overweight/health weight, my doctors are also not taking my symptoms seriously because I'm not overweight and think I'm not high risk for diabetes/insulin resistance. Frustrating aaghgh!!!   

Hi, I decided to ask this here because I think it'll benefit all girls with PCOS who are trying NBE and who are having issues. I most likely have insulin resistance type PCOS (my gyno again didn't do any tests just decided it was that based of my, uh, fuller mid section). That said, I have been reading a lot of older threads on and I came across a thread that seems quite well read by surferjoe. In that thread while he is talking about herbs he says that "

The balanced effect from shatavari is similar to fenugreek and likewise includes insulin." Since I am (mostly likely) insulin resistant and I have tried both these herbs for about 9 months with nothing to show for it I am thinking that since he states they include insulin that is why they didn't work for me and maybe other girls with PCOS?

Link to the thread here

I was interested in the Deer Antler Velvet extract that was also mentioned in that linked thread but from my very limited and new knowledge that this even exists it seems to increase your IGF (insulin growth factor) so because of my resistance to insulin I am thinking this will also not work for me and because of the price I just want to reach out to people with more knowledge and save myself and anyone else from making the costly mistake of getting it if it just won't work for people with insulin resistance.

Thanks a bunch everyone!

Hi Nynuk,

I don't think deer antler or MK-66 is the answer for PCOS or for NBE. Look up the negative impact of adding IGF1 has here:
https://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=22417&pid=208351&highlight=insulin+growth+factor#pid208351

At the bottom of the thread is a search function and type in Insulin Growth Factor and you'll find information on IGF-1. Also attached is how metformin helps improve IGF-1 by restoring insulin sensitivity, and thus this action heals IGF to naturally Produce IGF. Restoring IGF naturally doesn't have to come from just metformin, there's other ways. In the time (years) I've spent helping people (thousands) with their NBE goals I've not seen anyone gain breast growth by using IGF-1. The science I've seen points to using exogenous IGF-1 speeds up the aging process...this, we don't want. As I've outlined in earlier posts science has found new ways to increase longevity by utilizing the AMPK activators (like metformin).

(15-08-2020, 08:03 AM)Lotus Wrote:  Taking MK-677 carries risks. See there's a chance taking IGF-1 elevates breast hyperplasia and cancer. 

In luteal phase IGF-1 is naturally produced, people don't talk about this enough that IGF locally in the breast were doubled in the luteal, when estradiol and progesterone levels were elevated, compared with the follicular phase[/b].

So like I said, I'd rather see cis-females get IGF-1 naturally as opposed to supplementing with IGF-1. Just inhibit somatostatin and stimulate pituitary GH and you'll see IGF-1 come around.

Increase of Free Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 in Normal Human Breast in vivo Late in the Menstrual Cycle

The results showed that the extracellular levels of free IGF-1 locally in the breast were doubled in the luteal phase, when estradiol and progesterone levels were elevated, compared with the follicular phase. In plasma, free IGF-1 levels also exhibited a cyclic variation but to a lesser extent. The increased local levels of the free form of IGF-1 may promote proliferation in the breast epithelium. This could be important in sex steroid dependent breast cancer development.
https://link.springer.com/article/10.102...4575103524

The role of the insulin-like growth factor-1 system in breast cancer

Although many of the relevant molecular pathways and intracellular cascades remain to be elucidated, a growing body of evidence points to the important role of the IGF-1 system in breast cancer development, progression and metastasis
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4335664/

Growth Hormone and Insulin-Like Growth Factor-I in the Transition from Normal Mammary Development to Preneoplastic Mammary Lesions

For example, systemic administration of GH or IGF-I causes mammary hyperplasia, and overproduction of IGF-I in transgenic animals can cause the development of usual or atypical hyperplasias and sometimes carcinoma.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5393153/#!po=63.1915[/color[/size]]
https://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=22417&pid=208351&highlight=insulin+growth+factor#pid208351

The role of insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) and IGF binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) in the pathogenesis of polycystic ovary syndrome 

Quote:It was concluded that women with PCOS have normal serum IGF-1 concentrations but IGFBP-1 levels, regulated by insulin, are low. Hyperinsulinaemia and raised LH are independently capable of stimulating ovarian androgen production. Growth factors may have an important role in the pathogenesis of PCOS. 

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/1283982/

Increased insulin-like growth factor-I levels in women with polycystic ovary syndrome, and beneficial effects of metformin therapy
Quote:By decreasing insulin and IGF-I levels, metformin therapy offers additional beneficial effects in resumption of regular menses. Thus, in PCOS patients with elevated levels of IGF-I, metformin may be considered as an appropriate agent to be used for the regulation of menstrual cycles.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15697073/

Metformin therapy increases insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 in hyperinsulinemic women with polycystic ovary syndrome
Conclusions: The present study shows that metformin therapy not only restores normal levels of insulin and testosterone, but also decreases the pool of free-bioactive IGF-I by increasing the levels of circulating IGFBP-1. We provide further arguments in favor of metformin therapy in hyperinsulinemic women with PCOS.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15063962/

Hi Lotus, thanks for responding.

It seems like that drug is prescription only and my gyno is unwilling to work with me. I was prescribed birth control and now she says i am fixed and don't need anything further. it seems like girls who suffer from pcos need to treat that before nbe will work, at least that's what it seems like to me and the amount of girls who have gotten nowhere with their programs. I've personally wasted a lot of time and money on programs (and noogleberry- used religiously for a year 4+ hours a day minimum) with not even a mm of growth (or roundness, bras still fit the exact same) to show for it. it makes me think that maybe nothing will work for my body and it has nothing to do with my pcos but i don't know so i keep wasting more time and money and getting more frustrated. in your years of experience helping people with nbe have you successfully helped girls with pcos through non prescription drugs? and if so do you know where the threads are so i can read them and try them because i'm really at my whit's end after just constant failure and dead ends.

thanks.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon