Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

DIY glycerine extracts antioxidant?

Hi there, I made some glycerine zhimu extract. However I noticed the extract turns darker and eventually black. When I made infused oil, there's no such problem.

But oil clogs my pores so I switched to glycerine. I think it's better to add some antioxidant into homemade herbal extract. Any idea what I should add? I have Ethylated ascorbic acid serum. But I'm not sure if adding vitamin c is a good idea cos it works the best with low PH value.  Thanks.

(17-10-2020, 04:43 PM)bosekk Wrote:  

Hi there, I made some glycerine zhimu extract. However I noticed the extract turns darker and eventually black. When I made infused oil, there's no such problem.

But oil clogs my pores so I switched to glycerine. I think it's better to add some antioxidant into homemade herbal extract. Any idea what I should add? I have Ethylated ascorbic acid serum. But I'm not sure if adding vitamin c is a good idea cos it works the best with low PH value.  Thanks.

You should post this to a diy skincare forum or subreddit or something. Somewhere people have specialized knowledge about how to formulate their own skincare products. You don’t have to tell them that you’re trying to make boobie cream. Until then, you can just try refrigerating a fresh batch. I don’t know how much that will help, but it should help somewhat.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon