Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

My “Brava” program (aka sleep-pumping)

(06-11-2020, 08:56 AM)koyasha Wrote:  

(05-11-2020, 06:31 PM)ShelaVenna Wrote:  

(05-11-2020, 05:37 PM)koyasha Wrote:  

Hey,

I just came across your thread and I really hope that you will be able to pump again!

The skin on your breasts reminds me of the skin on the back of my upper thighs and my lower butt lol. I also have these goosebump-thingies going on there. I have never taken a picture of them, so I am not exactly sure they are the same thing you have on your breasts. Just for the record, I have never pumped my butt and I have no idea when I started having them.

Anyway, I hope you won't be experiencing any further issues because I am very interested in a "real person's" Brava progress :-) And of course for your own well-being lol

Take care

Thanks Koyasha. What you’re describing is KP (keratosis pilaris). I have that on my arms and legs, but not on my breasts. KP is just clogged pores, but a lot dryer than the oily clogged pores people get on their faces. I think what’s on my breasts is some bizarre form of scarring, not just clogged  pores that can empty out over time with the right skincare. That’s why I’m so confused about how to treat and prevent them.

Hey,
I didn't know there was a word for that, but there probably is one for pretty much everything!
Have you thought about asking a doctor or ask on an online platform such as reddit? I'm sure someone there has advice for you, I know there are a lot of crazy people, but also some that give sincere and good advice! 
Take care

I don’t think a derm would know what these are. I think almost any derm would assume that these are clogged pores and that I’m crazy for thinking otherwise. I can’t blame them, because I think what I’m experiencing is a unique reaction to suction that they would never ever come across in their regular practice. I’m pretty sure these are a form of scarring in response to stretch, just like stretchmarks, so I’ll treat them like stretchmarks. Just rubbing on a heavy occlusive like cocoa butter is probably not good enough in my case. I’m still using retinol (Tretinoin was too strong) plus vitamin c, aha and bha. I have a cheap but excellent moisturizer that I plan on using before oil while pumping. I think it was a mistake to use only oil before pumping, but I still need to use the oil as a topper for slip. I’m not sure how long to treat my skin before I try pumping again. I think I might wait a whole 3 months from my last pumping session to give my skin a chance to build a decent amount of new collagen, but I’m worried that still might not be enough time. I’m a LOT more patient with NBE than I used to be, but not patient enough to wait 6 months.

(07-11-2020, 04:34 PM)ShelaVenna Wrote:  

(06-11-2020, 08:56 AM)koyasha Wrote:  

(05-11-2020, 06:31 PM)ShelaVenna Wrote:  

(05-11-2020, 05:37 PM)koyasha Wrote:  

Hey,

I just came across your thread and I really hope that you will be able to pump again!

The skin on your breasts reminds me of the skin on the back of my upper thighs and my lower butt lol. I also have these goosebump-thingies going on there. I have never taken a picture of them, so I am not exactly sure they are the same thing you have on your breasts. Just for the record, I have never pumped my butt and I have no idea when I started having them.

Anyway, I hope you won't be experiencing any further issues because I am very interested in a "real person's" Brava progress :-) And of course for your own well-being lol

Take care

Thanks Koyasha. What you’re describing is KP (keratosis pilaris). I have that on my arms and legs, but not on my breasts. KP is just clogged pores, but a lot dryer than the oily clogged pores people get on their faces. I think what’s on my breasts is some bizarre form of scarring, not just clogged  pores that can empty out over time with the right skincare. That’s why I’m so confused about how to treat and prevent them.

Hey,
I didn't know there was a word for that, but there probably is one for pretty much everything!
Have you thought about asking a doctor or ask on an online platform such as reddit? I'm sure someone there has advice for you, I know there are a lot of crazy people, but also some that give sincere and good advice! 
Take care

I don’t think a derm would know what these are. I think almost any derm would assume that these are clogged pores and that I’m crazy for thinking otherwise. I can’t blame them, because I think what I’m experiencing is a unique reaction to suction that they would never ever come across in their regular practice. I’m pretty sure these are a form of scarring in response to stretch, just like stretchmarks, so I’ll treat them like stretchmarks. Just rubbing on a heavy occlusive like cocoa butter is probably not good enough in my case. I’m still using retinol (Tretinoin was too strong) plus vitamin c, aha and bha. I have a cheap but excellent moisturizer that I plan on using before oil while pumping. I think it was a mistake to use only oil before pumping, but I still need to use the oil as a topper for slip. I’m not sure how long to treat my skin before I try pumping again. I think I might wait a whole 3 months from my last pumping session to give my skin a chance to build a decent amount of new collagen, but I’m worried that still might not be enough time. I’m a LOT more patient with NBE than I used to be, but not patient enough to wait 6 months.

You could be right about that because I doubt that a lot of people have gone to doctors telling them about problems that came up after their last pumping session :-) There aren't all that many pumping women out there and out of those who are, not many experience the same problem that you did. I haven't read about it anywhere so far. 
I think treating them like stretchmarks sounds like a good approach, if they are a form of scarring then sure massage will help, especially with all those ingredients that you are using for your 'concotion' there :-) 
I have stretchmarks on one of my breasts, where do you find aha and bha? Retinol I assume won't be hard to find, but can you order aha and bha off the internet and what do I have to search for? When I go google aha I am not getting the results that I am looking for lol. 
Taking a break can be hard. I fell with my bike not too long ago and hurt my rib. And even though it wasn't on the same side as the (smaller) breast that I am pumping, there was still no way I could have pumped for extended periods of time as I couldn't even take a deep breath without the pump on because of the pain. I am better, but still on a break right now until I am fully healed. Hang in there!!

Oh and btw, I remember you saying something about one breast responding faster. I was looking for a Brava system a year or so ago and found a used one on ebay for 500 Euros and the woman selling it stated that one cup was still unused as she had only been using it one-sided. So there must be a way for you to do the same if one breast of yours is being a bit more stubborn than the other.

(07-11-2020, 06:42 PM)koyasha Wrote:  

Oh and btw, I remember you saying something about one breast responding faster. I was looking for a Brava system a year or so ago and found a used one on ebay for 500 Euros and the woman selling it stated that one cup was still unused as she had only been using it one-sided. So there must be a way for you to do the same if one breast of yours is being a bit more stubborn than the other.

So far my breasts are still about the same size as each other. If that changes, I’ll have to focus on the smaller one. I’ve never gotten a good explanation of why one breast swells so much more than the other. I’m just weird I guess.

Now I’ll try to answer your skincare questions. AHA and BHA are acid exfoliants. The BHA is not really necessary for stretchmarks. It doesn’t really do anything except prevent pimples from all the oils. You can cut that out if you want. The vitamin C also probably won’t be helpful for increasing collagen unless you get an expensive well formulated product that can reach the dermis and remain active once it gets there. For that, you want a vitamin C product that infringes on Skinceuticals patent for their  “C E Ferulic” serum. Skinceuticals makes the best vitamin C serum in the world, according to most derms, but it’s EXTREMELY expensive, and they sue any company who infringes on their patent by making a similarly effective vitamin C serum. Drunk Elephant C Firma, and Paula’s Choice C15 Super Booster, both appear to infringe on Skinceuticals patent, which is bad for Skinceuticals but good for consumers. Drunk Elephant has been sued by Skinceuticals, but Paula’s Choice hasn’t been sued yet. Hopefully that doesn’t mean that Paula’s serum isn’t similar enough to catch their attention. These products are not as insanely expensive as Skinceuticals, but they’re still pretty damn expensive.  I understand if you don’t want to spend that much, but IMO they are worth the money for people who can burn cash. It’s debatable, but most cheaper vitamin c products probably only penetrate the top most layer of the skin and reduce surface level hyperpigmentation (dark spots). If those are too expensive, and you want to take a chance on a cheap vitamin C serum, I’d go with The Ordinary.

Actually I think you should get all of these products from The Ordinary.Their products are extremely well formulated, especially for the price. It’s almost impossible to find a better deal IMO. For AHA, try one of their glycolic acid or lactic acid products. They have an AHA/BHA “peeling solution”, but that’s a strong mask that’s only meant to be used once or twice a week. I think it’s better to use a gentler AHA daily, but it’s your choice. For vitamin c, try one of their “ascorbic acid” serums. For retinol, use one of their low percentage retinol products, or get the “Retin Oil” from their sister brand called “The Chemistry Brand”. You can find the “The Chemistry Brand” on the same site, and add all the products to the same cart. The Ordinary also sells on Amazon, but be careful. There are a lot of damaged, used, or fake The Ordinary products on there. The Ordinary is a daughter brand of the skincare company “Deciem”. Here’s the Ordinary’s official site:  https://theordinary.deciem.com/

Check out the skincare guides at the top of their main page if you’re confused. I almost forgot to mention that if you’re using all these irritating products, sunblock is non negotiable, unless you always keep your chest covered. You don’t need anything special, but it should be at least spf 30. Use it daily even if you don’t live in a warm sunny area.

Everything that can go wrong with this plan does. The mk677 is giving me obvious symptoms of high blood sugar. It’s a very uncommon side effect of this drug, but it’s possible. I knew I was already insulin resistant, and that’s a risk factor for developing high blood sugar from mk677. I could try switching to a diet even lower in carbs, and take the mk677 only at night, but I don’t think that’s good enough. I need to lose some body fat, and get my insulin resistance under control before I start taking it again. I weigh 132lb. I’m obviously not obese, but my body fat percentage is waaay higher than you would expect for my height and weight. I basically have no muscle. I don’t think I’m prediabetic, but I might be, if I’m being honest with myself. This has been a wake up call. I didn’t realize I was this severely insulin resistant. 

I estimate I need to get down to roughly 20% body fat to see a significant change in my insulin resistance. It will probably take me a bare minimum of 3 months to get there, and only if I reduce my calories even further, do a little more cardio, and become way more consistent with my weight lifting, which I have really been slacking on. I won’t start supplementing growth hormone again for at least 3 months, but hopefully my diet and exercise regimen will have increased my natural GH a little by then.

UPDATE:

It’s been a month since I stopped pumping and started my PM program. I’m actually really happy that it seemed to go by so quickly. I used to be so much more impatient and frustrated by the process. I normally would have measured a hundred times by now, but this time I had no problem waiting a month. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’ve grown or swollen at all, but I’m not surprised.

One thing I noticed is that when I apply the progesterone cream directly to my breasts I get occasional sharp pains, especially if I apply it to my breasts 2 or 3 days in a row. I’ve been rotating application sites because that’s what’s typically recommended, but I think that might not actually be ideal for nbe. I’m going to try applying it only to my breasts from now on and see if the pains increase.

I also want to try making a PM cream. I use liquid pm extract orally but I bought PM powder capsules from the same company to make a rubbing alcohol based extract. The pills already a contain a concentrated extract, but I assume I still need to let them soak in rubbing alcohol for at least a month to make a proper “liniment” (a topical extract). I bought a transdermal cream intended to be used by pharmacists as a base for topical hormone creams. My plan is to rub the alcohol liniment into my skin and then follow that up with the transdermal base cream. I don’t want to risk possibly ruining the formula of the transdermal base by mixing the liniment directly into the base cream. I might throw the pm powder in the rubbing alcohol and start using it right away without letting it steep for a month. It’s possible it’ll just be a waste of time and PM until whats left in the jar has been steeping for a few weeks. I’m tempted to try it anyway, because some people seem to get good results by rubbing herbs on their breasts without trying to make a proper liniment at all. Actually most people on this forum who’ve had some good results from topical herbs didn’t bother to make any sort of extract or liniment. Some did, but most don’t.

The only problem with this plan is that the Amata Life brand PM smells HORRIBLE. Much, much worse than Ainterol or the Japanese PM that I used for short amount of time years ago. It smells so bad that the smell somehow seeped out of the closed bottle and “infected” my entire dresser. It smells like a mouse died in there, or maybe more accurately, like a drawer full of rotten vegetables.  Hopefully that’s what PM is supposed to smell like, and it’s a sign that Amata is a much more potent extract than Ainterol. I have no idea. I hope that’s true, but it’s going to be extremely unpleasant to smell this stuff on my body. I’ll do it anyway if it works. Now on to my stats:

Starting Bust Measurement: 32”

Last Bust Measurement(1 month ago): 33”

Current Bust Measurement: 33”

I’m not going to bother taking pics yet since there’s been no noticeable change.

I have both good and bad news about the PM liniment I’m trying to make. The good news is that the Amata Life powder, which I poured out of the capsules, doesn’t smell like anything. The pre-made liquid extract I bought smells horrible, but the capsules have basically no scent. The bad news is that the capsule powder doesn’t dissolve in rubbing alcohol at all no matter how much I stir it. The powder formed a stretchy lump, similar to bread dough, and now it’s just sitting on the bottom of the jar turning the alcohol around it yellow. There’s no way I could smear this on like cream, no matter how  hard I try, so I’m going to have to stick to my original plan and let the powder steep for a month, and then strain it out. I’m tempted to buy something else to use in the meantime, but I’m not sure.

I STARTED SLEEP PUMPING AGAIN. I gave into temptation after a month break. I have no idea if my skin is really “ready” for pumping or not, but there’s no clear way to tell anyway. When I stopped pumping I said I would only use the Brava domes, but I’ve changed my mind because they’re rare, expensive, have a very limited life span, and they’re huge for my frame. For all those reasons, I think I should outgrow my small and medium regular domes before using the large brava domes. If my skin becomes weird, bumpy, and textured again, and it probably will, hopefully it won’t be nearly as bad as it was the first time. I can deal with minor skin texture issues as long as I keep growing. If the bumps are just as bad as ever, I don’t know what i’ll do.

I bought Amata Life’s PM warming vaginal moisturizer. I plan to use it on my chest. As an added bonus, the arginine in the gel might increase my swelling a little bit. If this gel works, I won’t bother trying to make my own PM liniment ever again, but I’ll still use the liniment that’s already “brewing” in my cabinet.

I gotta admit something guys. I am falling out of love with my Brava smartbox pump. At first I was loving the extremely gentle, steady pressure, but the Brava pump just doesn’t work well with most types of padding. The suction of the Brava pump is too gentle to maintain pressure unless the padding is thin and firm. The thicker and squishier your padding is, the harder it is to hold suction without pumping to a high pressure. The only reason the extremely thick padding on the Brava domes works with their pump is because their padding is adhesive.

<meta charset="UTF-8">The only padding that has worked so far is the camper tape. The problem with campers tape is that it only allows me to maintain suction if I apply it very carefully and then carve it with scissors until it’s perfectly smooth. It worked great the first 2 times I used it and it stayed in place for a week and a half each time. But every time after that, the tape either wouldn’t stay in place, or it wouldn’t maintain suction, or both. And every time I fuck it up I have to remove the tape and all the gunk it leaves behind, which is much harder than it sounds.

I got tired of the tape, so I switched to blue tac (aka poster mounting putty) covered with cling wrap to keep it from sticking to my skin. Other people have recommended blue tac as padding because it stays in place very well but it’s also very easy to remove. I like it, but it absolutely does not work with the Brava pump. It does work with my breast milk pump at lowish pressure.

The breast milk pump at its lowest pressure is still not as low pressure as the Brava pump, but it’s probably close enough. Unfortunately it shuts off automatically after 30 minutes so I can’t just sleep and leave it running all night. Before buying the Brava pump, I was hoping to find a good quality breast milk pump that doesn’t shut off automatically, but couldn’t find one. Maybe it’s not an uncommon feature, but I couldn’t find it in the product descriptions of the pumps I was looking at.

Yesterday I finally found a decent breast milk pump that doesn’t shut off automatically, but I haven’t ordered it yet. It’s cheap to buy used. I feel stupid for putting even more money into this program after I already spent so much, but  I can’t use the Brava pump any more. I’ll save it for when I start using my real Brava domes, since it was designed to work with them. The breast milk pump I’m planning on buying to replace my Brava pump is the Ardo Calypso Double Electric breast pump.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon