Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Pressure vs. time pumping

(23-09-2020, 06:23 PM)ShelaVenna Wrote:  

Update:

Camper tape absolutely works for all night pumping. If you grease up thoroughly and start with medium pressure for just a few minutes, you can pull enough breast tissue into the cups to hold a seal, then release the pressure and switch to the low pressure “smartbox” all night. With two layers of Frost King camper tape, it was surprisingly comfortable when I sleep pumped for 11 hours last night. It’s probably important to mention that I used contoured cups and positioned the most concave part of the rim to line up with my armpit. I think that helped a lot. It was still nowhere near as comfortable as the Brava domes which are absolutely painless (aside from the skin irritation most people eventually get from wearing adhesive silicone for so many hours per day).

Since I’m a student and on a budget I never even considered the expensive BRAVA but I just googled it for the first time and oh my... the kangzhu kit I use feels like shit suddenly lol! What a dream to be able to sleep to through the pumping! Are you using the whole BRAVA kit?

(12-10-2020, 07:01 PM)Nefertity Wrote:  

Update:

Camper tape absolutely works for all night pumping. If you grease up thoroughly and start with medium pressure for just a few minutes, you can pull enough breast tissue into the cups to hold a seal, then release the pressure and switch to the low pressure “smartbox” all night. With two layers of Frost King camper tape, it was surprisingly comfortable when I sleep pumped for 11 hours last night. It’s probably important to mention that I used contoured cups and positioned the most concave part of the rim to line up with my armpit. I think that helped a lot. It was still nowhere near as comfortable as the Brava domes which are absolutely painless (aside from the skin irritation most people eventually get from wearing adhesive silicone for so many hours per day).

Since I’m a student and on a budget I never even considered the expensive BRAVA but I just googled it for the first time and oh my... the kangzhu kit I use feels like shit suddenly lol! What a dream to be able to sleep to through the pumping! Are you using the whole BRAVA kit?

No. I wish I could. A complete used Brava system usually costs about $1200 as far as I can tell. It’s much cheaper to buy the parts separately. I bought the pump for $200 and some “Wide Large” domes with tubing for $400. That’s half the price I expected to pay, so I thought I got a great deal, but the domes are way to big for me. I hope it’s possible to grow into them. If not, I just wasted a whole lot of money on them. I can fit the domes on only one at a time, so I tried them out that way. It’s insane how comfortable they are. There are no uncomfortable pressure points anywhere. There’s no comparison between brava domes and the cheaper domes I’ve been using. For now I’m using Bosom Beauty domes with 2 layers of camper tape for padding instead. Camper tape is a fluffy foam tape with very strong glue. It works pretty well, but I still want something better. Some people pad their domes with closed cell pipe insulation tubes and silicone caulk. They say it feels awesome, so I might try that soon. Some people claimed it leaves no rings behind at all. I just hope it works at low pressure. If it does, it might be a legitimate low cost dupe for brava domes.

(12-10-2020, 11:42 PM)ShelaVenna Wrote:  

(12-10-2020, 07:01 PM)Nefertity Wrote:  

Update:

No. I wish I could. A complete used Brava system usually costs about $1200 as far as I can tell. It’s much cheaper to buy the parts separately. I bought the pump for $200 and some “Wide Large” domes with tubing for $400. That’s half the price I expected to pay, so I thought I got a great deal, but the domes are way to big for me. I hope it’s possible to grow into them. If not, I just wasted a whole lot of money on them. I can fit the domes on only one at a time, so I tried them out that way. It’s insane how comfortable they are. There are no uncomfortable pressure points anywhere. There’s no comparison between brava domes and the cheaper domes I’ve been using. For now I’m using Bosom Beauty domes with 2 layers of camper tape for padding instead. Camper tape is a fluffy foam tape with very strong glue. It works pretty well, but I still want something better. Some people pad their domes with closed cell pipe insulation tubes and silicone caulk. They say it feels awesome, so I might try that soon. Some people claimed it leaves no rings behind at all. I just hope it works at low pressure. If it does, it might be a legitimate low cost dupe for brava domes.

So you are able to connect the Brava system to bosom beauty domes? Or did I misunderstand..? If so, that’s great. Too bad about the size but if I understood correctly it is always better to use domes too large than too small, with the large domes you still grow that nice round shape most of us are looking for. As long as they stay on your body ofc.

That’s a lot of money, if I could afford I would think it’s worth it though to be able to sleep through the pumping... does the smart box make a sound when on?

[/quote]

So you are able to connect the Brava system to bosom beauty domes? Or did I misunderstand..? If so, that’s great. Too bad about the size but if I understood correctly it is always better to use domes too large than too small, with the large domes you still grow that nice round shape most of us are looking for. As long as they stay on your body ofc.

That’s a lot of money, if I could afford I would think it’s worth it though to be able to sleep through the pumping... does the smart box make a sound when on?

[/quote]

I can connect any domes I want to the Brava pump, as long as the domes’ connector fits into small diameter tubing. The brava tubing is pretty narrow. The foam rings that come with the BB domes don’t form a seal at low pressure though. That’s why I use foam tape.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the Brava Pump is extremely quiet. Almost silent. It makes a very faint vibrating sound when the pump is running, but the pump only runs a few times an hour for a minute or two at a time.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon