Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

I shrunk! Please help!!!!

I’ve been taking bovine ovary for the past month, along with my bcp, msm, vitamin c, l-arginine, and kelp. I’m in my last week before my period. Prior to bo I’d normally be at my fullest now, but I’ve shrunk for some reason and can’t figure out why. This week I’ve alternated between 1250 and 1500mg every day.

Why is this happening? I’m desperate for advice.

Hi ahpuuro,

There are a few potential reasons for the temporary shrinkage, you will just need to test it out!

Is your BCP mixed or progestin only?
Have you been gradually building up the dosage of BO, and have you experienced estrogen dominance symptoms (spotting, weight gain, etc)?
Do you cycle BO with milk thistle or dandelion root?
What's your diet like?

I had the same issues when I first started PM (boobs shrinking in luteal when they are supposed to be at their fullest), and I think it's because the estrogen receptors were desensitized by a huge influx of E, or because the ratio between progesterone and estrogen was not ideal. 

I also noticed that since I started NBE, fullness appears right after my period (follicular), not before it as it used to be. My hypothesis is that a high estrogen level is ideal for the follicular phase, but in luteal it's too high in comparison to progesterone, and that inhibits growth. 

Hope that helps a bit and happy growth!!

(07-07-2020, 09:51 PM)nwyori Wrote:  

Hi ahpuuro,

There are a few potential reasons for the temporary shrinkage, you will just need to test it out! 

Is your BCP mixed or progestin only? 
Have you been gradually building up the dosage of BO, and have you experienced estrogen dominance symptoms (spotting, weight gain, etc)?
Do you cycle BO with milk thistle or dandelion root?
What's your diet like?

I had the same issues when I first started PM (boobs shrinking in luteal when they are supposed to be at their fullest), and I think it's because the estrogen receptors were desensitized by a huge influx of E, or because the ratio between progesterone and estrogen was not ideal. 

I also noticed that since I started NBE, fullness appears right after my period (follicular), not before it as it used to be. My hypothesis is that a high estrogen level is ideal for the follicular phase, but in luteal it's too high in comparison to progesterone, and that inhibits growth. 

Hope that helps a bit and happy growth!!

Hello! Thanks so much for your response.

I suppose the reason for my panic is that last week I was feeling what I thought to be growing pains, and my breasts were very tender on the sides. I also had some nice swelling going.

My bcp is a combination pill.

I would like to think I started gradually, only 500-750mg in my first two weeks of my cycle, and in the last two weeks I’ve done about 1000-1500 mg alternating.

I haven’t experienced any of those symptoms, though I worry that you’re right and perhaps I overloaded my receptors.

I just bought milk thistle today and was going to do a three day cleanse while I’m on my period, and perhaps not take bo for the whole month like I did in June. Would you advise only taking it during my luteal phase or month-long?

My diet is pretty decent I’d think, lots of fruit and chicken and moderate on carbs. I found a whey protein powder today that I’m going to start taking to supplement, along with whole milk.

Okay, I see what you’re saying. I wasn’t at all expecting to swell in follicular and not luteal! Perhaps I could buy some progesterone cream to help balance everything out.

When do you think it would be best to take bo and/or use progesterone cream throughout the month?

Thank you so much again.

Did you experience more growing pains when you were taking 500-750mg? If so then it would be the large dosage that's inhibiting growth.

I think it would be a great idea to do a mini detox! Check out crystalelle's thread where she talks about detox, dosage and other tips on BO  Smile" alt="Smile" title="Smile">

I have been trying PC for a few cycles, and most often my breasts shrink quite noticeably after applying it. I guess this indicates that I have the right amount of E and P, and any additional P only acts as an E antagonist. There was only one cycle when I had E dominance (mid-cycle spotting) when PC worked miracles for me. My breasts had a huge growth spurt. So the key is E/P balance!

You seem to have a solid plan and a great diet! Check out Missmadscientist's thread on diet. I mix whey protein with plain greek yogurt (30g of protein in one cup, and yummy too!), and drink it 30 minutes after taking BO. It gives me instant breast tingles.

(08-07-2020, 06:40 AM)nwyori Wrote:  

Did you experience more growing pains when you were taking 500-750mg? If so then it would be the large dosage that's inhibiting growth.

I think it would be a great idea to do a mini detox! Check out crystalelle's thread where she talks about detox, dosage and other tips on BO  Smile" alt="Smile" title="Smile">

I have been trying PC for a few cycles, and most often my breasts shrink quite noticeably after applying it. I guess this indicates that I have the right amount of E and P, and any additional P only acts as an E antagonist. There was only one cycle when I had E dominance (mid-cycle spotting) when PC worked miracles for me. My breasts had a huge growth spurt. So the key is E/P balance!

You seem to have a solid plan and a great diet! Check out Missmadscientist's thread on diet. I mix whey protein with plain greek yogurt (30g of protein in one cup, and yummy too!), and drink it 30 minutes after taking BO. It gives me instant breast tingles.

Yeah it seems like 750 mg was my sweet spot. Maybe after my period I’ll do 500-750 daily. And after ovulation, add progesterone cream (or vitex, though I don’t know much about it).

I’ll definitely check out both of their threads, thank you!

Do you think being on birth control could be hindering me? I’d prefer to stay on it but I’d consider stopping it if it meant I’d grow more. I’ve tried to do a bunch of reading about bcp and different nbe programs, and it seems pretty divided if it hurts or helps or does nothing. Though it seems like Yasmin is pretty popular on here.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon