Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

MadCow? Should I be worried?

Hi there.. So I'm using Swanson BO and I keep getting fears about mad cow.. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance. Should I be worried? I'm probably just being silly..

(18-09-2019, 03:15 AM)myteatime Wrote:  Hi there.. So I'm using Swanson BO and I keep getting fears about mad cow.. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance. Should I be worried? I'm probably just being silly..

Your risk of contracting TSE from BO is probably the same as anyone who eats beef... so, probably not. I'd be more concerned with the antibiotics and hormones the cows are fed.

(07-10-2019, 12:32 AM)Usernaem Wrote:  
(18-09-2019, 03:15 AM)myteatime Wrote:  Hi there.. So I'm using Swanson BO and I keep getting fears about mad cow.. I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance. Should I be worried? I'm probably just being silly..

Your risk of contracting TSE from BO is probably the same as anyone who eats beef... so, probably not. I'd be more concerned with the antibiotics and hormones the cows are fed.

Thank You for your reply!

Anyone knows if the lab can actually test MadCow? They do state that all products are tested. I have the same concerns too. Wanted to buy Dr. Ron but it's been sold out for awhile. Probably not profitable enough for Dr. Ron to continue. If there are more people using Swanson with no issues it's probably safer.

(08-10-2019, 03:29 AM)bosekk Wrote:  Anyone knows if the lab can actually test MadCow? They do state that all products are tested. I have the same concerns too. Wanted to buy Dr. Ron but it's been sold out for awhile. Probably not profitable enough for Dr. Ron to continue. If there are more people using Swanson with no issues it's probably safer.

Hi! Thanks for joining. I actually spoke with Dr. Ron via Email and he told me the provider he had been getting his supply from just randomly stopped providing it, so he's been on the hunt for a new reliable organic BO source.. And he said he had one that looked promising, so hopefully he'll be providing again soon.

(08-10-2019, 05:30 AM)myteatime Wrote:  
(08-10-2019, 03:29 AM)bosekk Wrote:  Anyone knows if the lab can actually test MadCow? They do state that all products are tested. I have the same concerns too. Wanted to buy Dr. Ron but it's been sold out for awhile. Probably not profitable enough for Dr. Ron to continue. If there are more people using Swanson with no issues it's probably safer.

Hi! Thanks for joining. I actually spoke with Dr. Ron via Email and he told me the provider he had been getting his supply from just randomly stopped providing it, so he's been on the hunt for a new reliable organic BO source.. And he said he had one that looked promising, so hopefully he'll be providing again soon.

Organic meat has the chance of being diseased. At least, some carnivores I've seen talk say they personally don't like organic because higher risk of infectious diseases. They'd like to risk antibiotics over disease. So I don't know where to stand on organic vs not.

(08-10-2019, 06:13 AM)RaineMail Wrote:  

Organic meat has the chance of being diseased. At least, some carnivores I've seen talk say they personally don't like organic because higher risk of infectious diseases. They'd like to risk antibiotics over disease. So I don't know where to stand on organic vs not.

That is a good point. Mostly I care that the animals are pasture raised, healthy,  and treated with kindness and respect through their life, and that is what Dr Ron looks for when choosing a provider.

(08-10-2019, 03:29 AM)bosekk Wrote:  Anyone knows if the lab can actually test MadCow? ThBeley do state that all products are tested. I have the same concerns too. Wanted to buy Dr. Ron but it's been sold out for awhile. Probably not profitable enough for Dr. Ron to continue. If there are more people using Swanson with no issues it's probably safer.

Believe it or not, antibiotics are not used to prevent disease in animals. They are used to fatten them up. The antibiotics disrupt their gut microbiome, wiping out good bacteria as much as it does bad, making them fatter. Do people eat antibiotics every day to prevent infection? Absolutely not, we all know that would be terrible for our health. Hence antibiotics in our meat supply is actually really terrible, and scientists are now starting to believe is an underlying factor in the obesity epidemic.
Also, I'd like to note, prions are usually formed when one animal consumes *neurological tissue* - BSE is the result of cows being fed cow brains. Of course farms don't do this anymore, but something like this would be theoretically more likely to happen on a non organic farm. Non organic farms regularly feed animals things like chicken feces and euthanized animals. Better to just stay organic, esp when it comes to animal products.

(13-10-2019, 03:13 AM)Usernaem Wrote:  
(08-10-2019, 03:29 AM)bosekk Wrote:  Anyone knows if the lab can actually test MadCow? ThBeley do state that all products are tested. I have the same concerns too. Wanted to buy Dr. Ron but it's been sold out for awhile. Probably not profitable enough for Dr. Ron to continue. If there are more people using Swanson with no issues it's probably safer.

Believe it or not, antibiotics are not used to prevent disease in animals. They are used to fatten them up. The antibiotics disrupt their gut microbiome, wiping out good bacteria as much as it does bad, making them fatter. Do people eat antibiotics every day to prevent infection? Absolutely not, we all know that would be terrible for our health. Hence antibiotics in our meat supply is actually really terrible, and scientists are now starting to believe is an underlying factor in the obesity epidemic.
Also, I'd like to note, prions are usually formed when one animal consumes *neurological tissue* - BSE is the result of cows being fed cow brains. Of course farms don't do this anymore, but something like this would be theoretically more likely to happen on a non organic farm. Non organic farms regularly feed animals things like chicken feces and euthanized animals. Better to just stay organic, esp when it comes to animal products.

Hi thanks for joining. Thank you for the info! I totally agree.. I talked to Dr Rons team again recently, and New Zealand didn't work out. That was going to be the hopeful replacement. So now they are looking more in-depth into Argentina to see how ethical their practices are, which is where both Swanson and Bountiful Breasts get their BO from. So hopefully they comes back with good news! I'm also going to write Swansons personally to see what they have to say about their supplier. 

I'll be back

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon