Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why is my growth temporary?

Hi all!

I've been silently lurking on this site for far too long and I never considered posting anything. Today that changes!!

So in the past I've tried purifica mirifica, flax seed oil and fenugreek. I was never consistent with it so I rarely saw any progress. I bought a noogleberry a few years back and was only committed to it for a few weeks - again, barely any results. This was during a phase where I was just willing to do anything without proper research. 

I've come to the conclusion that I am probably estrogen dominant or just low progesterone. My periods were always heavy and had clots, along with some other symptoms that lead me to this conclusion. Right now I'm just taking Maca everyday and cycling fenugreek and progesterone cream. When I started with the Maca I felt tingles in my breast, didnt see much growth but the tingles were there. It wasn't when I started incorporating the progesterone cream that I started noticing a difference, BUT only from my ovulation till my period. My boobs would feel really sore and extremely heavy, but they looked awesome!!! The sad part for me would be when my period returned and the progress would disappear and the girls would just look ...  lifeless. I'm wondering if it's the fenugreek during my follicular phase that's disrupting my progress? I dont know. I know that it's normal for breasts to swell during a womans cycle but I've seen the best swelling ever the min I started PC. How can I retain this growth forever????? Am I doing something wrong?

(01-05-2019, 07:11 PM)TNA Wrote:  Hi all!

I've been silently lurking on this site for far too long and I never considered posting anything. Today that changes!!

So in the past I've tried purifica mirifica, flax seed oil and fenugreek. I was never consistent with it so I rarely saw any progress. I bought a noogleberry a few years back and was only committed to it for a few weeks - again, barely any results. This was during a phase where I was just willing to do anything without proper research. 

I've come to the conclusion that I am probably estrogen dominant or just low progesterone. My periods were always heavy and had clots, along with some other symptoms that lead me to this conclusion. Right now I'm just taking Maca everyday and cycling fenugreek and progesterone cream. When I started with the Maca I felt tingles in my breast, didnt see much growth but the tingles were there. It wasn't when I started incorporating the progesterone cream that I started noticing a difference, BUT only from my ovulation till my period. My boobs would feel really sore and extremely heavy, but they looked awesome!!! The sad part for me would be when my period returned and the progress would disappear and the girls would just look ...  lifeless. I'm wondering if it's the fenugreek during my follicular phase that's disrupting my progress? I dont know. I know that it's normal for breasts to swell during a womans cycle but I've seen the best swelling ever the min I started PC. How can I retain this growth forever????? Am I doing something wrong?

Maybe spend some time researching what makes breast retain fat, hint prolactin but research as too much no good either. 

Suspected E dom - do you just use progesterone in luteal? Because some use it through whole cycle start small in follicular working up to suggested dose in luteal (not everyone agrees with using prog this way at all, so decide this yourself from your own research)

Maca - am really not sure about its role in nbe, bit low on evidence in general. Even studies say there not sure what/how it works. It is said to have no E values, but touted as adaption. Many use it for hrt suggesting it does something to hormones, same as ive heard it increase T but info is scares.

(01-05-2019, 08:32 PM)Bonny Wrote:  

Maybe spend some time researching what makes breast retain fat, hint prolactin but research as too much no good either. 

Suspected E dom - do you just use progesterone in luteal? Because some use it through whole cycle start small in follicular working up to suggested dose in luteal (not everyone agrees with using prog this way at all, so decide this yourself from your own research)

Maca - am really not sure about its role in nbe, bit low on evidence in general. Even studies say there not sure what/how it works. It is said to have no E values, but touted as adaption. Many use it for hrt suggesting it does something to hormones, same as ive heard it increase T but info is scares.

First off, welcome and I think it's great that you finally joined the site! Like you, I was lurking on here for a while, but having support it really helpful. No pun intended lol
Something I've learned throughout this journey is the significance of progesterone for breast growth. I believe I have estrogen dominance as well. Im definitely not a doctor, but the clots you are describing sounds like endometriosis, which is indicative of excess estrogen. I heard that PM isn't good for women with excess estrogen and that they generally do well with bovine ovary. I've also heard that growth can be temporary through herbal methods because they are just temporarily providing constituents that are needed by the body, rather than encouraging the glands to produce hormones on their own. So it's good that you aren't taking PM anymore. Im taking Maca as well and it seems to be helping. It's a hormone modulator; therefore, it should adjust any excess/deficient hormones within your body. I personally have not used fenugreek, so I can only say so much. I know excess testosterone and prolactin( fenugreek encourages prolactin) are associated with one another metabolic-wise. Progesterone also inhibits 5ar, which converts to dht aka the potent form of testosterone. Do you suspect that you have excess testosterone?

Thanks so much for the response!! Maybe I'll continue the PC in small doses once my period arrives and continue just to see if the growth disappears. It's so sad to see nice swelling go away, makes me feel so discourage. 

Even if Maca had no effect on my journey I might just still continue to take as I love the benefits it offers.

(02-05-2019, 04:39 AM)Tiger_Lily13 Wrote:  

First off, welcome and I think it's great that you finally joined the site! Like you, I was lurking on here for a while, but having support it really helpful. No pun intended lol
Something I've learned throughout this journey is the significance of progesterone for breast growth. I believe I have estrogen dominance as well. Im definitely not a doctor, but the clots you are describing sounds like endometriosis, which is indicative of excess estrogen. I heard that PM isn't good for women with excess estrogen and that they generally do well with bovine ovary. I've also heard that growth can be temporary through herbal methods because they are just temporarily providing constituents that are needed by the body, rather than encouraging the glands to produce hormones on their own. So it's good that you aren't taking PM anymore. Im taking Maca as well and it seems to be helping. It's a hormone modulator; therefore, it should adjust any excess/deficient hormones within your body. I personally have not used fenugreek, so I can only say so much. I know excess testosterone and prolactin( fenugreek encourages prolactin) are associated with one another metabolic-wise. Progesterone also inhibits 5ar, which converts to dht aka the potent form of testosterone. Do you suspect that you have excess testosterone?

Wow great info, thanks tigerlily! You know what, I'm not sure if I have excess testosterone, but I figured Maca might boost it? I've heard that Maca can do that? 

I do have a large bag of spearmint tea, but never got around to putting them into small tea bags so perhaps I should start, just in case I do have excess testosterone.

(02-05-2019, 05:14 AM)TNA Wrote:  

Wow great info, thanks tigerlily! You know what, I'm not sure if I have excess testosterone, but I figured Maca might boost it? I've heard that Maca can do that? 

I do have a large bag of spearmint tea, but never got around to putting them into small tea bags so perhaps I should start, just in case I do have excess testosterone.

Of course! Yeah, I heard that Maca boosts testosterone as well, but I think that applies to men. If a woman takes it, it is purported to balance out hormones that are ideal for females. I'm speculating that if it does indeed raise testosterone in a woman, it either means
she was low in testosterone prior to taking it or she has improper hormone conversion that favors testosterone. This is just a theory stemming from personal research. Like I said, I'm not a doctor lol To make matters even more complicated, one has to identify if Dht is hindering breast growth or if it's testosterone. If one lowers testosterone then Dht will automatically raise and vice versa. I almost feel like Dht is more of a problem for breast growth than testosterone. I take beta sitosterol, which is a strong dht blocker. Beta sitosterol is the main component of saw palmetto. Also, browsing any PCOS forums is really helpful, as they often discuss natural methods that encourage proper female hormone production. A good site is soulcysters.com.
Definitely try spearmint and see how it goes! Ironically, spearmint shrank my growth, which really sucked lol. Eveeyone is different and I've heard it works well for a lot of women. Never know til ya try.

And I'm done babbling! Lol

Hi TNA, and welcome also.
I have found that BO and Maca, just added lots of fat to my butt. So be careful there.

Here is a good thread for Cycling your herbs etc

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=28874

Bobbi

(02-05-2019, 09:36 AM)Tiger_Lily13 Wrote:  

Of course! Yeah, I heard that Maca boosts testosterone as well, but I think that applies to men. If a woman takes it, it is purported to balance out hormones that are ideal for females. I'm speculating that if it does indeed raise testosterone in a woman, it either means
she was low in testosterone prior to taking it or she has improper hormone conversion that favors testosterone. This is just a theory stemming from personal research. Like I said, I'm not a doctor lol To make matters even more complicated, one has to identify if Dht is hindering breast growth or if it's testosterone. If one lowers testosterone then Dht will automatically raise and vice versa. I almost feel like Dht is more of a problem for breast growth than testosterone. I take beta sitosterol, which is a strong dht blocker. Beta sitosterol is the main component of saw palmetto. Also, browsing any PCOS forums is really helpful, as they often discuss natural methods that encourage proper female hormone production. A good site is soulcysters.com.
Definitely try spearmint and see how it goes! Ironically, spearmint shrank my growth, which really sucked lol. Eveeyone is different and I've heard it works well for a lot of women. Never know til ya try.

Hey, zinc also acts as a 5- alpha reductase inhibitor, blocking the creation of DHT. So for anyone not wishing to take progesterone, zinc has the same effect.
I also agree that we should be supporting our bodies to produce hormones rather than excessively taking in hormones because your body is a regulator and, through homeostasis, will adjust your own production levels relevant to your bodies current levels. In other words, if you ingest too much of a hormone, the body notices its high presence in the blood and tells your endocrine system so halt production since there is either enough or too much of the hormone in the body already. Overtime, this inactivity of the hormone secreting glands leads to them shriveling up and losing their ability to produce hormones ("if you don't use a muscle, you lose it") and eventually you become dependent on all these pills. 
So it is best to support production and eat foods that help the body rather than ingesting pre-made hormones. By all means experiment but be wary of long-term issues if you see little growth after 3 months.

(02-05-2019, 09:36 AM)Tiger_Lily13 Wrote:  

Please don't ever stop babbling!!! You're providing me with great info!!!

I might just try the spearmint tea, I really hope it doesn't shrink my growth, but I have been noticing acne on my forehead which I never get. 
I might just have to look into DHT a little more considering I'm just focusing on estrogen and progesterone. (Looking for the easy way out) NBE sounds very complicated.

(02-05-2019, 12:14 PM)Happyme Wrote:  Hi TNA, and welcome also.
I have found that BO and Maca, just added lots of fat to my butt. So be careful there.

Here is a good thread for Cycling your herbs etc

http://www.breastnexus.com/showthread.php?tid=28874

Bobbi

Hi Bobby

Been seeing lots of you around the forum for quite some time, thanks so much to reaching out! 

Tbh, I'm really considering BO but I'm terrified of it. I would t even mind if it added fat to my butt, but I dont know, it sounds very extreme to me. Then again NBE is extreme if you dont do it right.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon