Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Does bovine ovary cause infertility?

Hello, i have been taking BO for two months now, and i heard that taking BO can cause infertility. Is that true? Has anyone heard or experienced it before? I'm really scared now, since i really want to have kids.

There are no studies that confirm this, and i cant see why it would

Hi there. I'm no expert of course, so this is just my opinion and I just started taking BO about 5 weeks ago. But from just my own personal research, I have not found any concrete information about BO causing infertility. Actually, in Greek and Native American cultures, women would eat animal ovary glands in order to increase their fertility (this practice was based on the "like supports like" theory). Also, when reading reviews on ovary glandular products, I've seen several female reviewers mention that they had to stop taking it because they got pregnant.. which also somewhat suggests that it promotes ovary health and the hormones that enhance fertility rather than decreasing it.  You can also look on the Ancestral Supplements website (www.ancestralsupplements.com) and read some other info about glandular therapy in general.  Of course, be sure to do your own research and don't take BO if you decide that you're not comfortable with it.   I was nervous about this same thing and I finally decided that the most prominent negative about BO (for myself anyway) is that you have to be careful about what company you choose. I personally would not feel comfortable taking Swanson BO for example because they have changed their sourcing from New Zealand and Argentina (good) to "global" sources (China??? Who knows where?? Not good, in my opinion.)  

At the end of the day though, YOU have to make the decision that feels right for YOU, of course .   Hope your growing journey will be extremely successful with whatever you try!  Smile Smile
NaturalLady <3

Hi there. I'm no expert of course, so this is just my opinion and I just started taking BO about 5 weeks ago. But from just my own personal research, I have not found any concrete information about BO causing infertility in biological females. Actually, in Greek and Native American cultures, women would eat animal ovary glands in order to increase their fertility (this practice was based on the "like supports like" theory). Also, when reading reviews on ovary glandular products, I've seen several female reviewers mention that they had to stop taking it because they got pregnant.. which also somewhat suggests that it promotes ovary health and the hormones that enhance fertility rather than decreasing it.  You can also look on the Ancestral Supplements website (www.ancestralsupplements.com) and read some other info about glandular therapy in general.  Of course, be sure to do your own research and don't take BO if you decide that you're not comfortable with it.   I was nervous about this same thing and I finally decided that the most prominent negative about BO (for myself anyway) is that you have to be careful about what company you choose. I personally would not feel comfortable taking Swanson BO for example because they have changed their sourcing from New Zealand and Argentina (good) to "global" sources (China??? Who knows where?? Not good, in my opinion.)  

At the end of the day though, YOU have to make the decision that feels right for YOU, of course .   Hope your growing journey will be extremely successful with whatever you try!  Smile Smile
NaturalLady <3

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon