Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Goat's dairy for IGF-1?

Hello everyone!

I've read that dairy can raise IGF-1 levels. Are any of you folks aware if dairy, namely goats dairy, is able to raise our IGF-1?

I'm hoping that, as I further balance insulin levels, that goats dairy in conjunction with REM sleep might increase IHF-1. Alternatively, perhaps adding deer antler to this might help further?

in the meantime shall report if I notice any positive changes.

There is very little IGF-1 in any form of dairy.  Sometimes more is obtained in studies by super concentrating it from dairy.  But there is hardly any in any form you can buy, even dairy based supplements like colostrum.  The topic of IGF-1 and dairy often comes up because of hope and/or fear (rBGH increases animal IGF-1), but the amount is trivial.

The strongest form and best bang for the buck I've found for IGF-1 is Antler Farms deer velvet.  Particularly the tablets.  You can always break the tablets or take smaller doses.  Even selecting the best deal, deer velvet is very expensive.  About 1/4 tablet or the recommended amount of liquid is a good minimal amount.  Most other deer velvet products have much less, often close to nothing, even if they might charge a little less.

Actually something much stronger/cheaper is mk-677.  But it is an untested drug and not legal to consume.  While IGF-1 in general is low risk and preliminary mk-677 tests show high safety, long term there might be some risk.    And sometimes it's fake, possibly giving you a much more scary hormone like steroids instead to imitate some IGF-1 symptoms (but nothing helpful). 

A more basic affordable minor thing you can do is 1 capsule of DHEA twice a day to boost IGF-1 by 20%.  More at the same time has no additional effect.  The aminos in meat, especially seafood, and nuts, especially pumpkin seeds, can have a minor effect on HGH and therefore IGF-1 too.  Taking them in pill form would be way too many stomach irritating pills for a minor effect.  Often the solution is for an unscrupulous supplement to lie and say 2 capsules or so is enough when it isn't even close.

(13-04-2019, 04:45 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  There is very little IGF-1 in any form of dairy.  Sometimes more is obtained in studies by super concentrating it from dairy.  But there is hardly any in any form you can buy, even dairy based supplements like colostrum.  The topic of IGF-1 and dairy often comes up because of hope and/or fear (rBGH increases animal IGF-1), but the amount is trivial.

The strongest form and best bang for the buck I've found for IGF-1 is Antler Farms deer velvet.  Particularly the tablets.  You can always break the tablets or take smaller doses.  Even selecting the best deal, deer velvet is very expensive.  About 1/4 tablet or the recommended amount of liquid is a good minimal amount.  Most other deer velvet products have much less, often close to nothing, even if they might charge a little less.

Actually something much stronger/cheaper is mk-677.  But it is an untested drug and not legal to consume.  While IGF-1 in general is low risk and preliminary mk-677 tests show high safety, long term there might be some risk.    And sometimes it's fake, possibly giving you a much more scary hormone like steroids instead to imitate some IGF-1 symptoms (but nothing helpful). 

A more basic affordable minor thing you can do is 1 capsule of DHEA twice a day to boost IGF-1 by 20%.  More at the same time has no additional effect.  The aminos in meat, especially seafood, and seeds, especially pumpkin seeds, can have a minor effect on HGH and therefore IGF-1 too.  Taking them in pill form would be way too many stomach irritating pills for a minor effect.  Often the solution is for an unscrupulous supplement to lie and say 2 capsules or so is enough when it isn't even close.

SurferJoe, thank you so very much for all your insight. Is there a brand of DHEA you would recommend?

(14-04-2019, 12:46 AM)danica Wrote:  
(13-04-2019, 04:45 PM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  There is very little IGF-1 in any form of dairy.  Sometimes more is obtained in studies by super concentrating it from dairy.  But there is hardly any in any form you can buy, even dairy based supplements like colostrum.  The topic of IGF-1 and dairy often comes up because of hope and/or fear (rBGH increases animal IGF-1), but the amount is trivial.

A more basic affordable minor thing you can do is 1 capsule of DHEA twice a day to boost IGF-1 by 20%.  More at the same time has no additional effect.  The aminos in meat, especially seafood, and seeds, especially pumpkin seeds, can have a minor effect on HGH and therefore IGF-1 too.  Taking them in pill form would be way too many stomach irritating pills for a minor effect.  Often the solution is for an unscrupulous supplement to lie and say 2 capsules or so is enough when it isn't even close.

SurferJoe, thank you so very much for all your insight. Is there a brand of DHEA you would recommend?

Any cheap 100 mg brand is fine.  That’s plenty to max it out.  I forget the exact limit, but 50-75 mg might have the same effect or be almost as good.

(14-04-2019, 03:01 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(14-04-2019, 12:46 AM)danica Wrote:  

Any cheap 100 mg brand is fine.  That’s plenty to max it out.  I forget the exact limit, but 50-75 mg might have the same effect or be almost as good.

Thank you very much!

PS SurferJoe, would you recommend DHEA over MK-677? I found some MK brands on eBay Australia, but was unsure if I should use that or DHEA.

(14-04-2019, 06:34 AM)danica Wrote:  PS SurferJoe, would you recommend DHEA over MK-677? I found some MK brands on eBay Australia, but was unsure if I should use that or DHEA.

They’re two completely different animals.  One is a safe natural boost of up to 20%.  The other is a 70% or greater boost that’s probably low risk but possibly some risk.  And you should really read other forums for a source (typically bodybuilder forums who use it for workout benefits) so that you don’t get fake mk-677.  Which could be steroids that are a pure testosterone that stops NBE and also causes a lot of fat gain.  It’s due to the steroid selected. Since both it and mk-677 increase appetite a lot and it makes the cheap fake more convincing.  But real mk-677 also ups metabolism for weight loss.  Also start with 5 mg and see how that is before trying 10 or 20.  Plus 5 mg boosts IGF-1 by around 40% not 17.5% as you might expect.  If you do use mk-677 then I would also use the safer dhea at the same time.

(14-04-2019, 07:19 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  
(14-04-2019, 06:34 AM)danica Wrote:  PS SurferJoe, would you recommend DHEA over MK-677? I found some MK brands on eBay Australia, but was unsure if I should use that or DHEA.

They’re two completely different animals.  One is a safe natural boost of up to 20%.  The other is a 70% or greater boost that’s probably low risk but possibly some risk.  And you should really read other forums for a source (typically bodybuilder forums who use it for workout benefits) so that you don’t get fake mk-677.  Which could be steroids that are a pure testosterone that stops NBE and also causes a lot of fat gain.  It’s due to the steroid selected. Since both it and mk-677 increase appetite a lot and it makes the cheap fake more convincing.  But real mk-677 also ups metabolism for weight loss.  Also start with 5 mg and see how that is before trying 10 or 20.  Plus 5 mg boosts IGF-1 by around 40% not 17.5% as you might expect.  If you do use mk-677 then I would also use the safer dhea at the same time.

Thank you so much. You are such an ocean of knoedge. Shall ask around here as well to see which ladies have used an authentic mk+677. For now, will just buy the she's and see if it grants any results before buying mk-677.

Thank you again. I had a nasty, life changing collide with steroids my doctor gave for 5 months to stop my prolactin Clint of 300. As a result, I have gone legally blind -- 5% vision left. So I never want to take steroids again.

PS (again!/ just ordered some DHEA 100mg Smile Just to double check, I should take just one of those a day? Maybe preferably at night?

Thank you very much for your time. I think igf-1 has been what's missing on my program (have been on my program for 12 months now).

(14-04-2019, 09:33 AM)danica Wrote:  
(14-04-2019, 07:19 AM)surferjoe2007 Wrote:  

Thank you so much. You are such an ocean of knoedge. Shall ask around here as well to see which ladies have used an authentic mk+677. For now, will just buy the she's and see if it grants any results before buying mk-677.

Thank you again. I had a nasty, life changing collide with steroids my doctor gave for 5 months to stop my prolactin Clint of 300. As a result, I have gone legally blind -- 5% vision left. So I never want to take steroids again.

Corticosteroids are the steroids used by a doctor.  Anabolic steroids are testosterone and they are the ones bodybuilders abuse.  They are stilll a big load of breast shrinking, blood pressure raising, and other health problem causing excessive testosterone.

High prolactin is highly anti-NBE, among other low hormone problems.  Fixing this alone could lead to some growth.  You can counter prolactin much more safely with 500 mg vitex and mucuna pruriens.  Amount of mucuna pruriens depends on the strength of the extract.  Don't use more than 20% L-DOPA extracts.  The 99% L-DOPA extracts are missing other beneficial compounds besides L-DOPA which are found in mucuna pruriens.  From what I could Google it has no effect on vision or may help it a little.  I also saw that blurred vision is common with corticosteroids, with suggestions to see an ophthalmologist.

As always if you have health issues I suggest good nutrition (or even if you don't it's great), for example the mix of foods in my first sig link.  There are other ways but following that list insures you get everything without a lot of research or guesswork.

(14-04-2019, 11:30 AM)danica Wrote:  PS (again!/ just ordered some DHEA 100mg Smile Just to double check, I should take just one of those a day? Maybe preferably at night?

Thank you very much for your time. I think igf-1 has been what's missing on my program (have been on my program for 12 months now).
After a bit of searching I found that it is probably ok to take it once a day at any time.  It is better to take it twice a day, and if you do that you only need 50 mg each time for a total of 100 mg a day.  More than that has no additional effect, but it doesn't hurt.  And often half those amounts are often as good or almost as good.  One source said it might disturb sleep a little so best not to take it too late in the day.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon