Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Spearmint and...my period isn't coming

Hello!

So.... I have been drinking two cups of spearmint daily since the 10th of October . Turns out my period isn't visiting me (last time it came was the 4th of October, gone by the 8th) and I found out this on the internet, a girl claiming that doesn't help with cycle-regulation... 

"I have delayed periods successfully by drinking spearmint tea. It delays the period by delaying ovulation. If ovulation has already happened, the AF will be visiting 14 days later no matter what. The spearmint tea works before ovulation.

Try it. Go buy some spearmint tea and drink two cups a day. I actually figured this out the hard way. i started drinking one cup a day to try to clear up zits I get when my period is looming. Imagine my surprise when my period was 3 weeks later. I didn’t make the connection though. Then the next month, it didn’t come at all. I started googling and realized it was the damn tea!

I have told many firends about this and they all drink the tea before ovulation happens (and after, just in case) and it ALWAYS works. You can delay your period without taking BC pills in a safe way. You have plenty of months to try it. Go ahead. I bet it’ll work."

My periods have been regular since I turned 21 years old. Nowadays I am 24, 25 to be soon. I decided to take spearmint cause I suffer hirsutism. 10g daily. In a month I have seen an improvement in my hair follicle growth (slower) but I don't like the fact of having issues with menstruation.

Any clue???? Huh

(12-11-2018, 02:34 PM)sweetorange Wrote:  Hello!

So.... I have been drinking two cups of spearmint daily since the 10th of October . Turns out my period isn't visiting me (last time it came was the 4th of October, gone by the 8th) and I found out this on the internet, a girl claiming that doesn't help with cycle-regulation... 

"I have delayed periods successfully by drinking spearmint tea. It delays the period by delaying ovulation. If ovulation has already happened, the AF will be visiting 14 days later no matter what. The spearmint tea works before ovulation.

Try it. Go buy some spearmint tea and drink two cups a day. I actually figured this out the hard way. i started drinking one cup a day to try to clear up zits I get when my period is looming. Imagine my surprise when my period was 3 weeks later. I didn’t make the connection though. Then the next month, it didn’t come at all. I started googling and realized it was the damn tea!

I have told many firends about this and they all drink the tea before ovulation happens (and after, just in case) and it ALWAYS works. You can delay your period without taking BC pills in a safe way. You have plenty of months to try it. Go ahead. I bet it’ll work."

My periods have been regular since I turned 21 years old. Nowadays I am 24, 25 to be soon. I decided to take spearmint cause I suffer hirsutism. 10g daily. In a month I have seen an improvement in my hair follicle growth (slower) but I don't like the fact of having issues with menstruation.

Any clue???? Huh
I asked my brother to buy me two boxes of organic spearmint tea as well, didn't tell him the reason though hehe.  I have got a bit of excessive and odd hair growth as well, hate feeling like a man when I am actually a woman :/ That's why I decided to try it.

I didn't know about the problems with cycles though. I am 26 but my periods are pretty regular(28 days), never experience any cramps and I don't want that to change.  It doesn't make sense though, if it's decreases the androgen and then wouldn't it help keep the body healthy in terms of periods and other womanly things.

(12-11-2018, 02:34 PM)sweetorange Wrote:  Hello!

Any clue???? Huh
I also don't want it messing up my periods either. I like to know when I can without hesitation wear cute/light coloured clothes and which days of the month are reserved for my ugly black pants.

The odd part is it came yesterday....exactly 9 days later. Doesn't make sense to me. I stopped drinking spearmint just in case last Friday and all of a sudden on Tuesday it comes to visit me....?! 

Plus as you said, it is supposed to help with decreasing testosterone so helps estrogen and progesterone, I guess.

Let's see if any sci person can help us to figure this out!

Hi, 
Did you guys know that marjoram is an adaptogen and it helps lowering T and thus helps with pcos symptoms ,,,, for those who have it,,,,, . It's a very popular herb in the Mediterranean region and also in the middle east. I have been using it for like 2 months now ,,,to help with my cystic acne,,,I've seen some difference and i will continue using it. I drink 2 cups of marjoram tea everyday, haven't seen any side effects what so ever.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon