Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Can't get suction

(15-11-2018, 05:41 AM)Missy8510 Wrote:  So I tried the new pump last night and the suction is good but is doesn't hold the pressure I have to pump every few minutes to keep the pressure up, is this normal??? Or is it my device that I have? If it is then screw it I'm gonna have to try get my hands on a noogleberry. Or is there some trick I don't know about. Your thoughts, experiences and advice would be much appreciated.

Do your domes have air lock? Locking would tell you if the leak is in the cup or the pump. Assuming no air lock, just fold the tube from the dome and hold tight for a while to see if the suction on the one folded remains while the other becomes loose. Try again with the other dome. This should narrow down the problem to either one or both domes, or the pump (with remaining tubing). If it is the dome(s) inspect carefully for hairline crack near the rim. Apply more oil and/or get padding to make a better seal. If it is the pump end. repeat the tube folding test by folding the tube near the pump. This will check if the leak is in the tubing. Finally, if the pump, then remove the tubing, put a few drops of oil in the intake and pump a few strokes, then clean the nozzle with isopropyl alcohol and replace the tube. If that doesn't fix it then return the pump to the manufacturer.

(15-11-2018, 06:42 AM)James98 Wrote:  
(15-11-2018, 05:41 AM)Missy8510 Wrote:  So I tried the new pump last night and the suction is good but is doesn't hold the pressure I have to pump every few minutes to keep the pressure up, is this normal??? Or is it my device that I have? If it is then screw it I'm gonna have to try get my hands on a noogleberry. Or is there some trick I don't know about. Your thoughts, experiences and advice would be much appreciated.

Do your domes have air lock? Locking would tell you if the leak is in the cup or the pump. Assuming no air lock, just fold the tube from the dome and hold tight for a while to see if the suction on the one folded remains while the other becomes loose. Try again with the other dome. This should narrow down the problem to either one or both domes, or the pump (with remaining tubing). If it is the dome(s) inspect carefully for hairline crack near the rim. Apply more oil and/or get padding to make a better seal. If it is the pump end. repeat the tube folding test by folding the tube near the pump. This will check if the leak is in the tubing. Finally, if the pump, then remove the tubing, put a few drops of oil in the intake and pump a few strokes, then clean the nozzle with isopropyl alcohol and replace the tube. If that doesn't fix it then return the pump to the manufacturer.

Wow James I love your responses thank you so so much. They are always so detailed and very helpful. I will give these a try when I get home.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon