Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Nerve damage from pumping

The term "vascular trauma" refers to injury to a blood vessel—an artery, which carries blood to an extremity or an organ, or a vein, which returns blood to the heart. Vascular Surgeons categorize these injuries by the type of trauma that caused them: blunt or penetrating injury.
  • A blunt injury can occur when a blood vessel is crushed or stretched.   

• A penetrating injury can occur when a blood vessel is punctured, torn or severed.   

• Either type of vascular trauma can cause the blood vessel to clot (thrombosis) and interrupt blood flow to an organ or extremity, or cause bleeding which can lead to life-threatening hemorrhage.

• Girls help me understand Is there a major vessel in the breasts that can lead to this systemic issue you are having? Is there a major artery involved that leads to the heart and noogling affects that’s caused this for you both?Concerned if I need to stop what I’m doing even though only the nipples are involved ? Thanks xx

So sorry to hear what's going on Jen...

When I began noogling in 2016 , I did a lot of research. I remember not just reading on the forum, also on noogleberry, blogs, etc. Rocket's thread about NBE was highly interesting for me, so I started looking different things on google, one of them, blood circulation since I've poor circulation & I didn't know if it pumping would be effective or not with that issue. I found out blood circulation and swelling thing is related to each other, I read about Brava's creator (I think his name is Dr Broumand? but not sure, I can look for it on my notes when I'm home if you want) and he explained the system main functions, one of them, increasing circulation around the chest area. So , after asking some users around here and noogleberry forum, some friends that are naturopaths, doctors , physical therapists, all agreed that increasing circulation is possible but carefully : in fact , one of my besties knows about all this world I told to her, she's naturopath  & she suggested me to watch out my breast shape, size, color in every step on NBE since I've had serious health problems in the past.

Usually, pumping too much or too hard on short period of times seems to carry over pumping or breaking the vessels . This summer for instance I followed what Rocket did in her journey , and fuck I over pumped about five times in 10 weeks. First I thought it was due to lack of lubrication or lack of habit (up to 5h daily , when I did 5-6h weekly for the past two years), but then my friend told me it was due to overexposure. So I stopped for vacations (around 22 days) and a week, more or les,a month. Right now I am getting back to the routine,but slowly, cause I know the consequences .

On the other hand, as Bobbi said, massaging is very helpful for avoiding over pumping or pumping too much for long period of time. In fact, hold and on may be the greatest method to get results faster but "hold and release" saves you these things like broken vessels or little red dots because you give your breast a little break during the session and you massage meanwhile.

Wish we could help you somehow to cope with this situation.

Keep us updated please!

Much love. <3

(12-09-2018, 04:26 AM)It’s Jenniferlove Wrote:  
(11-09-2018, 11:28 PM)EllaC Wrote:  Have you girls looked into cayenne pepper to boost circulation and clear stuff out?

I have done a lot to help with circulation. I believe this is trauma and no magical herb will help.  I've even had accupuncture (which usually helps my issue whatever it may be that brought me in) and a Vietnamese physical therapist who uses ancient practices.  None of it helped the numbness I was feeling.  Didn't touch on it at all.  That is how i know this is trauma related and most likely surgery would be needed.  

But now I am terrified that the CT scan will find nothing and I am back to no one wanting to help!  This is the 6th doctor I have seen in the past year about this and it's only getting worse.  Hannah, are you in the states or where do you live?  I ended up going on Medi-cal so thank god I am getting this all for free now. I was going broke from blood tests that said I am perfectly healthy.  We know there is something terribly wrong with us.  Nothing worse than someone trying to imply it's all in your head!
Hi Jen,

Please be honest with your doctor that you used breast pump. Doctors are there to help you!  And it’s not that awkward. My bf saw my breadt pump by accident before I even used it. Yes he did laugh about it said it wouldn’t do anything, but it wasn’t awkward afterwards. People out there using penis pump too. Breast implant is no better. Just saying it’s only a quick awkward moment, and your doctor mostly doesn’t even care. Asking people online, with no medical background, is not the smartest choice. 

Also I want to say that when they do CT, they probably wanna see if you have bone, neck problems, or sometimes bumps inside. Neck problem can cause everything you have too. Not trying to scare you. I only hope you to be completely honest to your doctors, instead of guessing and worrying, you need to explain about your situation , and consult your doctors to conduct relevant  tests.

Another thing, I am a foreigner, and in my home country we go to hospitals, not clinics for doctors and usually get very thoroughly tested.   The only thing I can help, is to consult some foreign online doctors for opinions . And I will get back to you.

Stop guessing and upsetting yourself. It could be anything, and might not the pump’s fault. Wait patiently for your CT tests and communicate better with your doctor. Please do that!

Wow, this sounds really scary. I'm sorry you're going through that.

I'm going to echo what bosekk said and urge you to tell your doctor about the pump. If it is related, then it's important for them to know that kind of information. Yeah, it might be embarrassing for a little bit, but think about it: it's your long term health and your life that's on the line here. And doctors have seen people of all shapes and sizes at their literal worst... like, close-ups of people's hairy buttholes and checking strangers' prostates. They are not squeamish, and they have developed thick skins from hearing about a large range of medical problems. To put things in perspective, the Noogleberry honestly isn't that much different from a medical grade lactation pump.

So please, please, please let them know about it. They're trying to help you and I 100% guarantee you they've seen much worse.

I knew I saw something similar on NG forum long time ago.

Here's the link https://www.noogleberry.com/forum/index....pic=1770.0

VERY interesting.

(11-09-2018, 05:01 AM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  I am afraid I may have caused some serious damage from pumping.  Does anyone know if nerve damage is repairable?

I only pump my left side usually due to asymmetry and started noticing my left arm feeling numb longer than usual.  I would wake up in the middle of the night to it numb and not going away.  Over the past year I've had a swollen lymph node and swelling on the left side of my neck and now my arm and leg sometimes feel a little dull and joints only on the left side hurt.  My doctor suggested a trauma may be creating these symptoms.

I am waiting on a referral for a cat scan and to see an ENT doctor.  As I wait, any feedback and knowledge is GREATLY appreciated!
HEyy Jen :Smile

So sorry to hear about what you are going through, must be upsetting and scary for you. I would also recommend that you tell the doctor the truth. They are required to keep the information confidential, they aren't even allowed to share it with your family once you are an adult. 

It might be awkward and embarrassing for a few moments but the doctor really doesn't care that much, it is simply their job. Also, they are one step closer and will hopefully get to the root of the problem faster.

Here is update on my doctor's findings so far after having an xray on my neck, left shoulder, chest and  left elbow & a catscan and ultra sound on my neck.  I have swollen lymph nodes all along the bottom of my jaw and behind my left ear and left neck.  Xrays shows a muscle spasm in my neck and calcification on my left shoulder.  I wish we had done a catscan on my entire chest, neck and left arm but he only did my head and neck.  That would show if there is damaged nerves or blood vessels.

So what i am learning from my doctor and acupuncturist is that the muscle spasm can cause the numbness on my left side.  Also, my swollen lymph nodes may very well be an infection but that is because my immune system is being compromised because of poor blood flow.  A normal body has normal blood flow which allows regular cleansing of the blood.

Could this be noogle-related?  Quite possibly considering the numbness which would happen when I would noogle.   I threw my noogleberry away and am now learning proper stretches and stuff to heal. I also need to get regular treatments if I really want to heal myself.  Be careful noogling guys!  I no longer recommend it after what has happened to me.

this Must be so stressful for you. Praying that you make a full recovery. I must say thank you for sharing this with us. I really apreaciate it. I from now on after hearing this am so much more cautious about pumping. I always thought it’s super safe. This is really good to know. Wishing you to get well soon!

Xo

(13-10-2018, 12:54 AM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  Here is update on my doctor's findings so far after having an xray on my neck, left shoulder, chest and  left elbow & a catscan and ultra sound on my neck.  I have swollen lymph nodes all along the bottom of my jaw and behind my left ear and left neck.  Xrays shows a muscle spasm in my neck and calcification on my left shoulder.  I wish we had done a catscan on my entire chest, neck and left arm but he only did my head and neck.  That would show if there is damaged nerves or blood vessels.

So what i am learning from my doctor and acupuncturist is that the muscle spasm can cause the numbness on my left side.  Also, my swollen lymph nodes may very well be an infection but that is because my immune system is being compromised because of poor blood flow.  A normal body has normal blood flow which allows regular cleansing of the blood.

Could this be noogle-related?  Quite possibly considering the numbness which would happen when I would noogle.   I threw my noogleberry away and am now learning proper stretches and stuff to heal. I also need to get regular treatments if I really want to heal myself.  Be careful noogling guys!  I no longer recommend it after what has happened to me.

Jenniferlove I'm very sorry to read about your health problems now . I have followed your threads for lets just say some time ( I don't like talking about years they sound old ) as I've posted in the past . That being said I want to tell you a little sorry about myself in my 30's I started telling my doctor about my hands & arms going to sleep & legs at time  as was told maybe nerve damage not much could be done about it . 3 to 4 years later I had a massive heart attack on the right side of my heart ( witch they say is uncommon ) that to this day they are trying to figure out how I lived . God only knows . So what I'm trying to say to you is don't go on just what one doctor says & please look in to have a stress test or heart cath done .

(13-10-2018, 01:47 PM)Mindy Wrote:  
(13-10-2018, 12:54 AM)Jenniferlove Wrote:  Here is update on my doctor's findings so far after having an xray on my neck, left shoulder, chest and  left elbow & a catscan and ultra sound on my neck.  I have swollen lymph nodes all along the bottom of my jaw and behind my left ear and left neck.  Xrays shows a muscle spasm in my neck and calcification on my left shoulder.  I wish we had done a catscan on my entire chest, neck and left arm but he only did my head and neck.  That would show if there is damaged nerves or blood vessels.

Jenniferlove I'm very sorry to read about your health problems now . I have followed your threads for lets just say some time ( I don't like talking about years they sound old ) as I've posted in the past . That being said I want to tell you a little sorry about myself in my 30's I started telling my doctor about my hands & arms going to sleep & legs at time  as was told maybe nerve damage not much could be done about it . 3 to 4 years later I had a massive heart attack on the right side of my heart ( witch they say is uncommon ) that to this day they are trying to figure out how I lived . God only knows . So what I'm trying to say to you is don't go on just what one doctor says & please look in to have a stress test or heart cath done .
 Wow! So what do you think was going on? I still think this might have to do with blood vessel damage and improper bloodflow creating easy bacterial infections and growth of disease.  What was your diet like leading up to the heart attack? I am trying to eat super clean and still having problems although some days are definitely much worse than others.  Did you have any physical therapy or work done to help with the numbness?  How are you now? Did they find out what was wrong?  I have dealt with about six or seven doctors by the way.

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon