Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Estrogen receptor upregulation

Schizandra chinensis, Panax ginseng and Salvia miltiorrhiza upregulate ERα and ERβ, and increase estrogen production. LH and FSH are also lowered by these herbs.

Panax ginseng and Salvia miltiorrhiza (Chinese or red sage) increase ovarian weight. These herbs should be useful against hot flashes, and to improve ovarian health. It is undocumented if other herbs within the genus of Panax, Salvia or Schizandra have these beneficial properties. Any herb should be tried in the smallest amounts. If anything doesn't work, stop taking it, even if it has worked in the past.

(17-05-2018, 11:22 AM)Dynseli Wrote:  Schizandra chinensis, Panax ginseng and Salvia miltiorrhiza upregulate ERα and ERβ, and increase estrogen production. LH and FSH are also lowered by these herbs.

Panax ginseng and Salvia miltiorrhiza (Chinese or red sage) increase ovarian weight. These herbs should be useful against hot flashes, and to improve ovarian health. It is undocumented if other herbs within the genus of Panax, Salvia or Schizandra have these beneficial properties. Any herb should be tried in the smallest amounts. If anything doesn't work, stop taking it, even if it has worked in the past.

Thank you for your update. I started using it yesterday. I am happy so far.

Also, just started luteal phase. Having some tenderness in breasts. Took a little vitex. Was that a good idea or should I do something else?

Also, I do a 10 minute breast massage at night and sometimes I use almond oil. Should I just stick with the coconut oil or use something else?

As always thank you for your wisdom and help.  Smile

(29-05-2018, 12:20 AM)Tinytown Wrote:  
(17-05-2018, 11:22 AM)Dynseli Wrote:  Schizandra chinensis, Panax ginseng and Salvia miltiorrhiza upregulate ERα and ERβ, and increase estrogen production. LH and FSH are also lowered by these herbs.

Thank you for your update. I started using it yesterday. I am happy so far.

Also, just started luteal phase. Having some tenderness in breasts. Took a little vitex. Was that a good idea or should I do something else?

Also, I do a 10 minute breast massage at night and sometimes I use almond oil. Should I just stick with the coconut oil or use something else?

As always thank you for your wisdom and help.  Smile

Coconut oil is fine. Olive oil is good too.

Use vitex less than once a day for signs of high prolactin. If you got temporary swelling from it, then it was the right decision.

Common sage (Salvia officinalis) will not do. In large amounts it desensitizes estrogen receptors and diminishes the ovaries. In small amounts, common sage has insignificant effects.

There's not enough information available on Schizandra's specific effects.

Don't use herbs that mainly upregulate ER-beta, or perhaps PRA during menstruation. Many herbs that upregulate ER-beta, also upregulate androgen receptors. It is that they upregulate ER-beta strongly, probably independent of upregulating androgen receptors when the body is androgenic. Some herbs upregulate a combination of those receptors: ginseng, salvia, lavender, schizandra. Salvia won't be suggested anyways, because its reputation. I started arriving at this conclusion, but some helped me to realize this much sooner.

I thought, if hops or thistle works with a herb combination (not alone) because they upregulate ER-alpha, then one that upregulates ER-beta should also work. They are different enough in when they increase estrogen. Hops and thistle also have a property, that lowers androgens.

It may have worked for some, but it was limited, and it had more potential to be androgenic than estrogenic depending on circumstances. Perhaps it was body fat or an estrogenic balance that made a difference. I want everyone's health to get better, not impede it.

Fenugreek is also not the choice of herb for menstruation. Suma is perhaps like fenugreek. Vitex is different, but it has a few similarities to fenugreek.

I made this fix in my schedule.

Also, if something doesn't cause growth, no matter if it causes tingling/sensations, don't repeat the dose, until you get swelling/growth.

A combination with lavender may have worked for one person for menstruation, but it typically doesn't work there. Androgens are usually too high for it to work there. If someone's balance is less androgenic, it might work there.

For early proliferative phase before estrogen rise, lavender with fenugreek worked for one person. For others this combination did not work.

I believe why it worked, or may have worked for few (during menstruation and early proliferative phase) had to do with lowered androgen levels, which doesn't happen typical for those with average or below average estrogen levels.

Anyone here took panax ginseng and noticed breast enlargement? 
It should be great! 
I would try ginseng as natural remedy for my depression!

(28-08-2018, 09:35 PM)Cely Wrote:  Anyone here took panax ginseng and noticed breast enlargement? 
It should be great! 
I would try ginseng as natural remedy for my depression!

How funny, I have been thinking about taking panax ginseng as wel.. As Dynseli wrote its an ovarian stimulant. I took it in the past when I was 'temporary'' unfertile when we were trying to get pregnant. And...I was pregnant soon after that. I rmemeber from my research in 2013 or something that there are many different variants in ginseng, and they dont work equally the same..
But it seems there's little info on how it works for breasts....
Would love to hear more about this herb as well...Smile

I remember a month of my life when my breast was heavier (more fullness, more roundness but same size) but I don’t remember if I was taking panax gineng. 
Maybe yes, it was when my depression goes worse, And when my depression goes worse i usually take ginseng and smoke weed. 
But now the question is: is gineng to blame or maybe the weed?

(07-09-2018, 12:07 PM)Cely Wrote:  I remember a month of my life when my breast was heavier (more fullness, more roundness but same size) but I don’t remember if I was taking panax gineng. 
Maybe yes, it was when my depression goes worse, And when my depression goes worse i usually take ginseng and smoke weed. 
But now the question is: is gineng to blame or maybe the weed?

Blame for what your depression or your larger chest size?
Drugs can make depression worse yes. But i dont think it enlarges your breasts? It is said that the drugs you mention cause gymmastica/-male breasts in men..by messing around with dopamine, then comes to prolactin etc.
I think ginseng is like maca, it gives you waaay too much energy, so idk what these herbs mess with. I'm not a fan. Maybe tea form would be better..

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon