Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Why can't I take PM and BC?

Sarah

September 18th, 2008, 10:02 pm #1 2008-09-18T21:02
I've been reading about PM and it sounds like something I would try. But, I take birth control pills, and i've read here that it is a no-no. Why so? Does it prevent the BC from working, or does it have to do with estrogen?
[img]./styles/Tapatalk/theme/images/icons/png/thread-reply.png[/img]Quote
Share with:
Link:  Copy link

0 people like this
MORE

MollyH

MollyH
Joined: March 9th, 2006, 7:57 pm September 25th, 2008, 7:46 am #2 2008-09-25T06:46
PM sellers such as St.Herb seem to imply that the problem is that birth control prevents PM from working, not the other way around.
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

MissButtercup

MissButtercup

November 14th, 2008, 6:08 am #3 2008-11-14T06:08
Quote:I've been reading about PM and it sounds like something I would try. But, I take birth control pills, and i've read here that it is a no-no. Why so? Does it prevent the BC from working, or does it have to do with estrogen?
Is that ALL types of birth control? Is there any type of hormonal bc that wont interfere with PM? I think i heard someone mention Yasmin. Using condoms is annoying.
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

FerreroRocher

FerreroRocher

November 14th, 2008, 7:46 pm #4 2008-11-14T19:46
Quote:I've been reading about PM and it sounds like something I would try. But, I take birth control pills, and i've read here that it is a no-no. Why so? Does it prevent the BC from working, or does it have to do with estrogen?
I messaged Bella about this, and she said that I should not go on birth control while on PM, but once the desired size is reached, a small maintenance dose of 100 mg, should not really interfere with birth control. But see, if birth control interfered with the PM, then my boobs would shrink.
HMM. bad.

emmiedee

12 Jan 2007, 12:40 #1
i emailed stherb regarding whether or not i could start a pm program when i am on depo shot... this was their response:

"Regarding to the question that you have mentioned, our pueraria mirifica capsules will not work with any form of contraceptive or birth control by hormone, whether by injection or pill.

Therefore, to answer your question to the fullest, if you will like to have a breast enlargement by using our pills, you have to stop any kind of birth control by hormonal contraception. I am aware that you have to wait for 11-13 weeks after 1 shot, therefore, during these period you will not be able to use our products, and may have to wait further a few more month before your body has restore the normal period cycle in order to start using our capsules.

However, as an alternative you can use our cosmetics products instead which is just as effective with the right massage. I will like to provide some information regarding to our breast products, however, the capsules will be the only one not suitable for your usage."

she insinuates that it will not so much affect the birth control, but the birth control will prevent the pm from working (and therefore a waste of money)

but the cream still works, she says, so hey thats something!

hope this cleared up some confusion for people...

Kekie

May 9th, 2008, 3:53 pm #1
I am taking a poll (doing a little research, info gathering) trying to find out who is taking BCP and using PM and if you are having any luck with the product? Trying to decide the pill or not the pill??
[Image: thread-reply.png]Quote

Deb from ebay

May 19th, 2008, 8:20 am #2
Taking the pill and PM is not a good idea...you probably will not find many doing this. Aside from the people at Pueraria UK no reputable site or seller of PM products will tell you it is ok. I don't know why they tell the customers it is ok exept to increase sales. IT is not ok. I think it is very irresponsible to do this...tell customers something that is not only wrong but something that could endanger their health.

Deb

Little Ones

Unread post 22 Nov 2008, 10:03 #1
I was off BCP for 4 months, I think I've grew about an inch, by the way I back on BCP for 2 months and thought my boobs shrunk a bit as my measurement gone down however my boobs still fit in my bras nicely. Was wondering anyone taking herbs/pm and BCP got results?

Thanks
[Image: thread-edit.png]Edit

loveandlipstick

Unread post 08 Dec 2008, 02:47 #2
I'm curious about BCP and PM together also because I rely on my BCP ALOT. It regulates my period, helps my skin, limits cramps and not to mention the physical side with my partner.

I want to try PM with my BCP and see if it works.

If anyone has any success stories with this combination, please post something up!

xox

hopefulgurl

Unread post 09 Dec 2008, 22:27 #3
Quote:I was off BCP for 4 months, I think I've grew about an inch, by the way I back on BCP for 2 months and thought my boobs shrunk a bit as my measurement gone down however my boobs still fit in my bras nicely. Was wondering anyone taking herbs/pm and BCP got results?

Thanks
Hi,
I think beth used the BCP and PM:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/371678/t ... +AND+AFTER

sheep

Unread post 13 Dec 2008, 21:54 #4
Quote:I was off BCP for 4 months, I think I've grew about an inch, by the way I back on BCP for 2 months and thought my boobs shrunk a bit as my measurement gone down however my boobs still fit in my bras nicely. Was wondering anyone taking herbs/pm and BCP got results?

Thanks
I think it might be dangerous. Too much estrogenic activity in the body could cause blood clots or perhaps sterility and cancer in the reproductional organs or breasts. Ask a doctor before experimenting.

Jess

Unread post 13 Dec 2008, 23:45 #5

Thanks
Do you really think that it could be that dangerous?

I mean if could make you infertile for the rest of your life?

Louise1982

Unread post 16 Dec 2008, 00:19 #6

Thanks
I took PM for about 1 month with BCP, I'm on Yasmin and I need it to control my ovarian cysts so I can't come off it - mainly it helps my skin and my period and mid cycle pains. I don't need it for contraception. I felt fine for the first month then the second month I only took about 3 doses and had really bad back pain and was worried the PM was playing up the cysts - forgot that I fell and bruised my back badly a few days before - duh!! So I came off the PM and I'm waiting until the next cycle to go back on it. I really think I over reacted and doubt the PM had any negative effect at all, we have to remember that compared to your body's natural hormones the pill and herbs are really really weak so the most likely negative effect is that nothing happens. The reason they advise not to use PM with BCP is that the pill is stonger so apparently it can prevent the PM working. There is also a low risk that using herbs in general (? PM worse than others) can stop the pill from providing contraception.

I would say if you're not relying on the pill for contraception and you don't mind the possibility of wasting your money then adding PM shouldn't be a problem and you've got nothing to lose.

Louise1982

Unread post 28 Sep 2008, 20:16 #1
I'm on Yasmin at the moment but may go back to Dianette at some point, I need to stay on one pill or another to keep my polycystic ovaries in check otherwise I get acne and facial hair - nice!

Have any of you grown while on the pill, I know you're not supposed to mix them but I don't need contraception and if I order from pueraria.co.uk it's so cheap it doesn't really matter if it doesn't work, just wondered what other people's experience has been. I know Beth has grown on Yasmin + PM gum + herbs but I don't fancy taking the placenta supplement as I'm veggie.

katiep2804

Unread post 28 Sep 2008, 21:13 #2
Hi, I'm not an expert with all the other things you are taking so I can't really advise, nor am I on or ever taken the pill. But thought i'd better reply or you'd think i was ignoring you. Good luck though.

Louise1982

Unread post 29 Sep 2008, 19:48 #3
Quote:I'm on Yasmin at the moment but may go back to Dianette at some point, I need to stay on one pill or another to keep my polycystic ovaries in check otherwise I get acne and facial hair - nice!

Have any of you grown while on the pill, I know you're not supposed to mix them but I don't need contraception and if I order from pueraria.co.uk it's so cheap it doesn't really matter if it doesn't work, just wondered what other people's experience has been. I know Beth has grown on Yasmin + PM gum + herbs but I don't fancy taking the placenta supplement as I'm veggie.
Thanks for the reply, I think any extra female stuff should help my medical problems so I'll chance it. Even if it just fixes my wrinkles....

KittyCharlette

KittyCharlette
Joined: January 10th, 2007, 1:23 am February 25th, 2007, 8:19 pm #1 2007-02-25T20:19
I have read that taking PM pills will not work if you are on BCP, but does anyone know if PM serums or lotions will work?
(.Y.)
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

rinoa_lewis

rinoa_lewis
Joined: February 4th, 2007, 6:51 am February 26th, 2007, 3:19 am #2 2007-02-26T03:19
As far as the BCP goes...it is common opinion that a serum or lotion is the way to go, because it is less affected by the internal hormones that the BCP has control of.

PM does not affect the effectiveness of the BCP, rather the other way around...PM may not be as effective while on BCP.

The brand of cream I use is Mirifem which I bought on eBay. They say with their capsules not to take them while using the bcp, but that it is okay to use the cream.

That being said...i'm also taking PM internally while on the BCP...a 2 month supply (by my program) only cost me AUD$15 including international postage...so i'm not too fussed if they don't do much.

When you're deciding on a particular brand...check out their FAQ's, or ask a rep to get their opinion...but the above is generally the case.

Hope this helps!

*much luck for all*
*much luck and love for all!*
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

emmiedee

emmiedee
Joined: August 29th, 2006, 4:41 pm February 26th, 2007, 7:02 pm #3 2007-02-26T19:02
Quote:I have read that taking PM pills will not work if you are on BCP, but does anyone know if PM serums or lotions will work?
i am trying the same, because i seem to be responding to the topical pm, so i figured im going to give the pills a shot. there was a deal on them, too, so i figured why not.

im on the depo shot, which is progesterone-based, so it might have different results than an estrogen-based pill... what do you think?

and how is it going for you so far??
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

rinoa_lewis

rinoa_lewis
Joined: February 4th, 2007, 6:51 am February 26th, 2007, 11:05 pm #4 2007-02-26T23:05
Quote:I have read that taking PM pills will not work if you are on BCP, but does anyone know if PM serums or lotions will work?
I may have grown a few cm...though nothing huge. I am definately much more full though, but I have absolutely no idea what is causing it. I'm also using the electric massager talked about in the main forum, plus taking individual herbs.

I take my bcp first thing in the morning, then my PM (i'm only taking one a day) mid afternoon, to limit any negative effects either could be having on the other, but again, the pills didn't cost me much, so I don't mind if they don't make a difference. I'll just stick with this combination of activities and herbs and such because it is making a difference.

emmie, are you taking any other herbs and such? It would be interesting to see the differences in our progress...though I have a feeling your PM pill is a great deal stronger than mine...
*much luck and love for all!*

Anna

Anna

October 19th, 2007, 10:33 pm #1 2007-10-19T21:33
Hi,

Im looking for alternative methods so I can take pm, but not worry about pregnancy, Is it ok to use the patch while taking pm?

Thanks!

Oh also I used breast and balance which has pm in it and got results while being on the pill, so do you think its ok if I stayed on the pill?

Thanks everyoneSmile
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

forme2know

forme2know
Joined: March 9th, 2007, 3:39 pm November 5th, 2007, 4:02 am #2 2007-11-05T04:02
The pm may still work for you while on the patch...what you might be more concerned about is that the patch has the same ingredients as any BCP and that the PM "might" interfere with the contraceptive effects. You might not get the full protection from pregnancy that you need. That is why they have that warning. The chemicals......the phytoestrogens in PM occupies some of the very same receptor sites as does your medicine in the patch. It is risky to use them together. Your patch may not be quite as effective. Hope this helps.

Deb

See more info at www.stores.ebay.com/phytoesense-premium-herbals

Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

forme2know

forme2know
Joined: March 9th, 2007, 3:39 pm November 7th, 2007, 3:35 pm #3 2007-11-07T15:35
Quote:Hi,

Im looking for alternative methods so I can take pm, but not worry about pregnancy, Is it ok to use the patch while taking pm?

Thanks!

Oh also I used breast and balance which has pm in it and got results while being on the pill, so do you think its ok if I stayed on the pill?

Thanks everyoneSmile
You may still use the cream while on the BCP or the Contraceptive Patch you know. Just not the PM Pills. [img=15x17]./forum_data/forums.he/heal/healthforum/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif[/img]

pm gal Smile

pm gal Smile

May 9th, 2008, 1:10 am #1 2008-05-09T00:10
im so sorry i keep asking about full potential pills and contraceptives, but im so determined to find more information, and GOOD research is lacking about natural breast enlargement. ive checked the forums, and i was wondering if things like the nuvaring are appropriate with full potential pills, or if the estrogen in that will stop the effectiveness of the full potential pills, too. besides the depo shot (which i believe is screwing up my estrogen levels and therefore breast shrinkage), is there anything else available other than the condom? [img=15x17]./forum_data/forums.he/heal/healthforum/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif[/img]( thank you for your help.
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

Kekie

Kekie
Joined: February 28th, 2008, 9:30 pm May 9th, 2008, 3:53 pm #2 2008-05-09T14:53
did you ask the company directly if it is ok and if not why?
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

GoldSnowflake

GoldSnowflake
Joined: March 31st, 2006, 5:41 pm May 9th, 2008, 7:53 pm #3 2008-05-09T18:53
Quote:im so sorry i keep asking about full potential pills and contraceptives, but im so determined to find more information, and GOOD research is lacking about natural breast enlargement. ive checked the forums, and i was wondering if things like the nuvaring are appropriate with full potential pills, or if the estrogen in that will stop the effectiveness of the full potential pills, too. besides the depo shot (which i believe is screwing up my estrogen levels and therefore breast shrinkage), is there anything else available other than the condom? [img=15x17]./forum_data/forums.he/heal/healthforum/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif[/img]( thank you for your help.
All of the Pueraria Mirifica information sites has always stated no to take PM with birth control pills. Probably the reason being the risk of a blood clot is far higher and also PM interferes with the effectiveness of the pill, meaning you could get pregnant, and breast growth is diminished. Any reputable PM site will usally recommend against using both.

Louise1982

Unread post 11 Oct 2007, 20:26 #1
Just read Fujiapple's response about using PM pills with BCP - I've been prescribed Dianette BCP for polycystic ovaries so can't come off it or I'll come up in acne and start masculinising - yuck! Is the cream strong enough to have any effect against the contraceptive protection? I use peuraria.co.uk cream which they have told me is 25% pure herb. Will the BCP make the cream ineffective? Should I also avoid Blossom Soap which I think is 4% herb?

Jayne

Unread post 12 Oct 2007, 08:28 #2
I keep hearing that you shouldn't use PM if you're on BCP, but I've never known whether this is because the PM interferes with BCP or the other way around?

Myjourney

Unread post 12 Oct 2007, 14:12 #3
Quote:Just read Fujiapple's response about using PM pills with BCP - I've been prescribed Dianette BCP for polycystic ovaries so can't come off it or I'll come up in acne and start masculinising - yuck! Is the cream strong enough to have any effect against the contraceptive protection? I use peuraria.co.uk cream which they have told me is 25% pure herb. Will the BCP make the cream ineffective? Should I also avoid Blossom Soap which I think is 4% herb?
Author Reply
Deborah
In the "archives" of this forum. Hope it helps you. It was written by Deborah who is with phytosense...she knows a lot about PM.

"(Login forme2know) BCP / PM not good to combine because................... June 27 2007, 7:59 PM

Hi, the PM pills and the BCP will likely "cancel each other out" ...the BCP might not work as well and you NEED it to and the PM might not have any effect because the two compound actually "compete for the same receptor sites ...the estrogen receptor sites in hormone dependant tissues. Best not to combine them...try titration..start low and build up the dose gradually.

Maybe, even use only 1 pill 2 x day for the full 15 days. Then stop and resume in 15 days regardless of when your period comes. Repeat. Then in the 2nd month try 1 in the morning and 2 in the evening. 3rd month...2 morning + 2 evening.

Remember you don't HAVE to take 4 a day!!!"

flatcake

Unread post 12 Oct 2007, 15:50 #4
Quote:Just read Fujiapple's response about using PM pills with BCP - I've been prescribed Dianette BCP for polycystic ovaries so can't come off it or I'll come up in acne and start masculinising - yuck! Is the cream strong enough to have any effect against the contraceptive protection? I use peuraria.co.uk cream which they have told me is 25% pure herb. Will the BCP make the cream ineffective? Should I also avoid Blossom Soap which I think is 4% herb?
i remembered i read somewhere in this forum that you can use PM cream with BCP. it's best not to ingest both. I'm not sure if I remember correctly so please correct me if I am wrong.

I am using PM cream for massages and am on BCP. So far, my BCP is still working. I'm not sure about the PM cream b/c I've only been using it for 1 month. It's too soon for me to tell if the PM cream is working.

I did grow one inch in the 2nd month but I wasn't using the cream at that time. I was following tiger lilly/fengshui's technique.

good luck!

-flatcake

flatcake

Unread post 12 Oct 2007, 16:20 #5
here is the link on the discussion of PM cream and BCP

http://www.network54.com/Forum/484965/t ... +PM+vs+BCP

-flatcake

Louise1982

Unread post 12 Oct 2007, 19:31 #6
Thanks, I've had a look at a few old posts which is probably what I should've done to start with - sorry! Will email the actual company too and post their reply.

forme2know

Unread post 03 Nov 2007, 03:44 #7
Yes...it is not good to use the pills and the oral contraceptive. They do interfere with eachother....but good news is the creams and other topicals can be used with no problem. They work locally not systemically. The last thing you would want is for your BCP or oral contraceptive to fail because the PM is interacting with it. Best be safe not sorry.

You CAN grow with topicals. Try the Blossom Soap combined with the cream or spray ....try my new cream as soon as it is out. It is going to be a tad stronger than st herbs creams. Not so strong that you get any skin problems, just a bit stronger than the 10% extract they use.

Use a topical...at LEAST 2 times a day for best effect. Even 3 if you can afford it.

Please come visit me at the store.....www.stores.ebay.com/phytosense-premium-herbals

Check my information pages...links at the top of every listing and home page.

Hello to all

Sorry for the long absence...I had to move residences. Got really busy and also don't want to appear to be spamming you guys.

Louise

Unread post 03 Nov 2007, 21:40 #8
Welcome back Deb...our bible of PM! I was actually prescribed Dianette BCP for ovarian cysts and hubby works abroad so don't necessarily need is for contraception - do you know if PM is likely to cause an increase or reduction in PCO symptoms? I'm wary to mess with the pill or come off it because it keeps my skin under control and hopefully will reduce my hair problem, also there is risk of PCO leading to diabetes so I take metformin diabetic tablets as well but not sure if the pill is supposed to help against diabetes too.

I've been using pueraria.co.uk cream (25%) 1-2x most days for a few months and don't know that it makes much difference, pretty sure it hasn't helped the wrinkles! I don't want to take PM internally right now as I've got loads of other herbs going on but just interested in your opinion.

forme2know

Unread post 04 Nov 2007, 07:14 #9
I assume you are talking abour polycystic ovarian syndrome?
I would be wrong to offer you medical advice and you should be wary of any company that sells PM products that does. Follow your doctors advice as this is a real endocrine disorder with real health consequences. The cream is probably ok for you to use but you should alert your doctory you are using it and that it contains the miroestrol that is bio-identical to estradiol and he might want to test to make sure that you are not out of whack anywhere. If you know wnat I mean.

Has anyone had Pueraria UK cream tested to see if it really is 25% and does it say on the container if they use the extract or the powder in it?

I amd Curious as I am having a cream made.

forme2know

Unread post 04 Nov 2007, 07:26 #10
I need to get some details from someone using the Puerarai UK cream.

Anyone know.....
What percent does it say on the container?
Is is made with the Liquid or the powder Pueraria? anyone know?

I need to know ASAP!

Louise

Unread post 04 Nov 2007, 20:50 #11
It doesn't say on the container but I emailed the manufacturer and they said it was 25% as this is the maximum extract that can be added without it going runny or something like that which makes me think it may have been a liquid - email them at the address on the pueraria.co.uk site - the guy responds the same day.

forme2know

Unread post 05 Nov 2007, 03:52 #12
Does sound like they use the liquid.

I recently found out that using the powder and liquid are really two differnt things all together.

For example, the soap was made with powder...one can't use the liquid to make the soap I quess. The base in the liquid extract makes it impossible.

The amount of powder used in the soap is "equivalent" to 12% liqiud extract.

So the miroestrol content is about 2% stronger that what is in st herb creams that are 10%.

So if the cream from Pueraria UK is 25% liquid extract that would be about the same as using a cream with 8.33333 % powder as far as miroestrol content. LOL

Anyone following this line of nonsense or even care? lol

I will try to get my facts down if anyone is interested. I am a bit skeptical about the 25% to be honest. Anyone had it tested? Maybe I will!!!! lol

Louise1982

Unread post 05 Nov 2007, 20:21 #13
I'd be interested in the test result - I've used almost all of a six month supply and not sure it's really done much. It does smell quite nice though.

I'd also be interested in how the creams compare to the soap as I thought the soap was very weak but it seems not, if I get the soap on other body parts will I end up with e.g. huge belly?

lucyjuicy

Unread post 09 Nov 2007, 02:00 #14
Interesting thought Louise, I would like to know about this too.. (Re: belly and PM soap)

forme2know

Unread post 12 Nov 2007, 22:19 #15
No the soap won't give you a big belly ! Why ? Not unless you have estrogen receptor sites for breast tissue in your belly. It might make your skin nice and tight though. It might reduce scars too. Men should not use it on the pectoral region unless they are looking to get man boobs though. !!!

also the soap strenght...4% POWDER ....equivalent to 12% liquid extract. When you use the liquid extract to make a product it is not the same as when you use the powder. All the st herb topical creams and lotions etc have 10%. So the soap is a little stronger than the st herb topicals.

Tisha_mwnci

Tisha_mwnci
Joined: May 31st, 2008, 11:56 am February 15th, 2009, 10:43 pm #1 2009-02-15T22:43
Hey, I was on PM for about 8 months and have gained about an inch (maybe a little less than an inch, depends on what point I'm at in my cycle). I went off the BCP to do this. I think I've got all that I'm going to get from PM at the moment, and am getting sick of it making my periods so irregular! I've decided to stop taking the PM for now and go back on the BCP. The thing is, I've read that you're supposed to take a maintenance dose of PM, but I've also read that you're not supposed to take PM with the BCP, so what do I do?!
I was taking the PM UK brand of PM, which is 500mg of PM twice a day for 15 days, so a maintenace dose would probs be 250mg of PM twice a day for 15 days I guess. Can I take this with the BCP though, and is this a right maintenance dose of PM? If anyone can give any advice it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Tisha
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

-Moon-

-Moon-
Joined: January 31st, 2006, 11:31 am February 16th, 2009, 6:33 pm #2 2009-02-16T18:33
Be it ok or not to take PM with BCP, going off BCP before a NBE program is just not a good idea. It throws your hormones out of balance and cretaes terrible conditions for NBE. You are suddenly depleted of both estrgen and importantly progesterone, cause then taking a strong estrgen such as PM I think could easily create estrgen dominance even in a person who didn't have it before.
Last edited by -Moon- on February 16th, 2009, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

Tisha_mwnci

Tisha_mwnci
Joined: May 31st, 2008, 11:56 am February 16th, 2009, 11:11 pm #3 2009-02-16T23:11
Quote:Hey, I was on PM for about 8 months and have gained about an inch (maybe a little less than an inch, depends on what point I'm at in my cycle). I went off the BCP to do this. I think I've got all that I'm going to get from PM at the moment, and am getting sick of it making my periods so irregular! I've decided to stop taking the PM for now and go back on the BCP. The thing is, I've read that you're supposed to take a maintenance dose of PM, but I've also read that you're not supposed to take PM with the BCP, so what do I do?!
I was taking the PM UK brand of PM, which is 500mg of PM twice a day for 15 days, so a maintenace dose would probs be 250mg of PM twice a day for 15 days I guess. Can I take this with the BCP though, and is this a right maintenance dose of PM? If anyone can give any advice it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Tisha
I was off BCP for a just over month before I started PM, perhaps I should have waited a bit longer. To be honest I've never had any symptoms of having messed up hormones until I started PM and got irregular periods. I looked at the tests that are posted on here months ago to try and work out what sort of hormone imbalance I have and couldn't really reach a conclusion, think I've just got small boobs. Does anyone have any idea what I should do now regarding BCP and a maintenance dose?
Thanks, Tisha
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

-Moon-

-Moon-
Joined: January 31st, 2006, 11:31 am February 17th, 2009, 10:41 pm #4 2009-02-17T22:41
Quote:Hey, I was on PM for about 8 months and have gained about an inch (maybe a little less than an inch, depends on what point I'm at in my cycle). I went off the BCP to do this. I think I've got all that I'm going to get from PM at the moment, and am getting sick of it making my periods so irregular! I've decided to stop taking the PM for now and go back on the BCP. The thing is, I've read that you're supposed to take a maintenance dose of PM, but I've also read that you're not supposed to take PM with the BCP, so what do I do?!
Thanks, Tisha
The opinion on whether it's ok or not to take PM and BCP together are divided. There is a reasonable concern cause both give you a risk of blood clots, but on the other hand, lots of people have taken both and have been fine, and grown. It comes down to knowing your body, making reasearch and deciding what would be best for you NBE wise and of course deciding if you are willing to take the risk. You should know if there is any blood clotting disease history in your family. I personally intend to take PM with BCP, but a small dose, so sth like you are considering to do for maintainance.
Share with:

0 people like this
MORE

Tisha_mwnci

Tisha_mwnci
Joined: May 31st, 2008, 11:56 am February 17th, 2009, 11:01 pm #5 2009-02-17T23:01
Thanks, Tisha
Hey, thanks for the fast response again! I do actually have a history of blood clotting in my family, and had to have full coagulation tests done before going on the BCP in the 1st place, and these came back fine. I think I will do what I suggested and take 250mg PM twice a day and the BCP. It put my mind at ease to hear a fellow med student saying that they planned to take both at once!
Thanks, Tisha

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon