Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Weight Gain when coming OFF the pill

So I was on cerelle/cerazette for about 6 years. I was more or less the same weight through this time, but if I gained weight I could lose it quite easily.

Fastforward to december, I came off my pill to see if it would help with my depression (it did, some). But I gained nearly 2 stone. I'd not changed my eating habits or exercise routine. I've since really upped my exercise and cut down on the crap and even taking glucomannan with every meal, and over the last few months I didn't lose weight, I gained a few extra lbs. I'm at a complete loss. 

I've also had hair growth on my chin so I started taking vitex and spearmint capsules which has helped that massively, and even my acne cleared up, but nothing positive with my weight (except boob growth!).

Can anyone suggest what else I can do? I thought vitex was good to balance hormones so I don't know what else to do. I thought maybe maca but I've heard good and bad things in regards to weight gain with this.

Hey!

From my experience and logic, when you stop taking the pill and gain weight, the body needs time to 'recover' from the hormones again. Just think right now your hormones are crazy, like messed up  Tongue , so be patient .

My biggest advice is to try to write down everything you eat during five days and see what you need to cut down on your diet ; Also, water intake you need to be drinking at least 2l everyday; Replace bad fats and eat more good fats , i.e avocado, nuts, and so on; Your protein intake should be higher if you want to loose weight; On the other side you need to workout : try to make 5.000 steps this week, 7.000 steps next week and next one, and 8.000 steps the next two weeks too, finally to achieve 10k steps in a month and a half ; After hitting the 10k start walking 5 minutes 'relaxed' , another 5 minutes ' a bit faster' , another 5 ' very fast' , and make this 20 minutes everyday for a month! After 2 months preparing your body you can do other aerobic exercises such as running, hiking, ...!

Let us know and welcome! Blush

(01-11-2017, 10:05 PM)sweetorange Wrote:  Hey!

From my experience and logic, when you stop taking the pill and gain weight, the body needs time to 'recover' from the hormones again. Just think right now your hormones are crazy, like messed up  Tongue , so be patient .

My biggest advice is to try to write down everything you eat during five days and see what you need to cut down on your diet ; Also, water intake you need to be drinking at least 2l everyday; Replace bad fats and eat more good fats , i.e avocado, nuts, and so on; Your protein intake should be higher if you want to loose weight; On the other side you need to workout : try to make 5.000 steps this week, 7.000 steps next week and next one, and 8.000 steps the next two weeks too, finally to achieve 10k steps in a month and a half ; After hitting the 10k start walking 5 minutes 'relaxed' , another 5 minutes ' a bit faster' , another 5 ' very fast' , and make this 20 minutes everyday for a month! After 2 months preparing your body you can do other aerobic exercises such as running, hiking, ...!

Let us know and welcome! Blush

Thank you. But like I say I have made drastic changes but it hasn't helped. And it has beem almost 10 months since I came off the pill now.
As for steps, my average is 10,000 to 13,000 a day and thats not including any actual exercise I do. I guess I'll have to up it again. Bloody nightmare lol

If you're worried about your hormones get them tested by your doctor. Usually it's a simple blood test. Don't try to fix it with herbs.

As for the weight gain, my suggestion is to check out intermittent fasting until you reach your goal body fat %, combine it with weight & resistance training and proper protein & fiber intake. 

Personally I'm doing an intermittent schedule of 15/9, and it seems to be working. The idea is that the first 12 hours of fasting burns carbs and crap, and anything afterwards burns fat. So by having a fasting period of say 16 hours straight and a feasting period of an 8 hour duration (lol not 8 hours straight of nonstop eating!) you aren't always in carb burn mode, you'll reach fat burn mode. Add weight training which will drive your heart rate high enough that you will also reach cardio mode (yay double duty!) And fat burning should skyrocket.

A few of My fav girls to follow on instagram and youtube include:

Massy arias
Abby pollock
Hannah bower
Denise Emoberg

They have great training advice.

I also like the youtube channel Yoga with Adriene, great for tight muscles and flexibility for both post weight training stretching AND Non-weight-day training, she has videos for every level and purpose.

I hope this helps!

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon