Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon

Anti-androgens

(16-08-2017, 01:55 PM)NaturalLady31 Wrote:  
(15-08-2017, 03:45 PM)bettie32 Wrote:  
(13-08-2017, 08:35 PM)honeydew Wrote:  Hey Bettie! Yeah, it would definitely be a cool experiment if all 3 of us took pumpkin seed oil. iHerb seems to carry a lot of different brands. What exactly makes pumpkin seed oil an anti-androgen though?  Big Grin

And oh wow, pro-aromatases sound like a great idea. I was wondering about taking astaxanthin and spearmint for example, as they inhibit DHT which I've heard that when you lower your DHT it raises your testosterone. I looked in your thread about white peony and it seems like you had to take a certain species of it, but I'm not sure where you can find it? And how should you take white peony? But I would be interested in trying it  Smile

Thanks for being so helpful!

Hi there HoneyDew,
 You're welcome! I'm going to start a thread about pumpkin seed oil because I would also like to know why/how it lowers DHT.

RE: white peony, make sure you get Paeonia Lactiflora (Bai Shao Yao), not regular white peony/white tea or bai mudan. This is the one many of us on here are interested in: https://www.hawaiipharm.com/whitepeony-nonalc-extract As for the dosage, I really don't know but that site says "20-30 drops, three times a day or as directed by your practitioner". 

Honeydew, in case you are interested in white peony in capsule form, I also just emailed this Life Extension company https://www.iherb.com/pr/Life-Extension-...s/55657and asked them if their peony is paeonia lactiflora or Bai Shao Yao (what a tongue twister Rolleyes ), and here's what they said in the response, "The white peony that is used for the Peony Immune product is Paeonia lactiflora. " So, that's another good option too I guess! Bettie32, I think you wanted to know about this company too. Smile

Honeydew, you also make a good point about lowering DHT and increasing T. I took saw palmetto for a little while last year (which did in fact lower my DHT because my skin looked much better), but I had a hormone test and noticed that my FREE testosterone was higher. So maybe it's good to take something that lowers DHT (i.e. pumpkin seed oil) along with an aromatase like white peony.
Save

Thank you for the link, I really appreciate you emailing them! I planned on ordering other NBE things from iHerb as well, so I guess I can save on shipping this way.  Big Grin Big Grin

And yes I'm thinking so as well, I hope I just don't get too much of a testosterone deficiency  Blush

Shop for herbs and other supplements on Amazon